Iridium Jazz Club
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Iridium Jazz Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.iridiumjazzclub.com/
- Phone: 2125822121
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Friday: 6:30pm - 11:30pm, Saturday: 6:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Spanish
- Executive Chef: Fransisco Robazetti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Catering: Iridium has a full time Chef and kitchen staff that cater events in house; breakfast, lunch or Dinner. Off Premise is handled with ease via our dedicated delivery staff and delivery Van. A Catering Menu is available upon request with everything from Tapas and hot and cold appetizers to full Entree selections , beverage services and Dessert selections.
- Private Party Facilities: The Iridium Jazz Club provides an intimate dining space for private parties on our mezzanine, or the main dining floor. Private dining can be arranged with live music from headline entertainment, as well as trios, quartets or Big Bands. An area for dancing is available as well. the facility is available for breakfast, lunch or dinner events. Multi media is available for corporate presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Deepak Ghosh 2125822121
- Entertainment: Iridium features Live Jazz, Cabaret, and Blues SEVEN nights a week with shows starting at 8pm or 10 pm nightly. The Best seats are reserved on a first come first served basis unless otherwise noted for VIP shows and seating. Dinner is served throughout the performances, and the first dining seating is at 6:30, so arrive early, get a great seat and enjoy cutting edge cuisine during the show. Check out the full calendar of events at www.iridiumjazzclub.com
- Cross Street: 51ST.
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Discount parking for only $16 right next door (larger vehicles $10 surcharge). Plenty of available "Muni-Meters" as provided by NYC DOT which can be loaded with parking receipts for up to 6 hours of parking after 6pm. MUNi-Meters are located from Broadway on 59th street all the way to 48th street and the various side streets from 9th avenue to 6th avenue.
A word from Iridium Jazz Club
The Iridium Jazz Club has been thrilling International jazz fans since 1994 and is located at 1650 Broadway at the corner of 51st, in a historic jazz neighborhood. The Iridium Jazz Club has been designed to be among the best live music experiences available anywhere! Our state of the art Meyer Sound System was conceived by the legendary guitarist Les Paul (who played the club every Monday night for almost 15 years) with near perfect acoustics, advanced stage lighting, and a Recording Studio. What hasn't changed is Iridium's stellar roster of jazz artists, including the Les Paul Trio which plays every Monday night with some of the most famous Guitar Stars such as Jose Feliciano, Zakk Wylde, Larry Coryell, Pat Martino, and Jeff Beck. . There have been many major releases recorded live at Iridium from such artists as Jacky Terrasson, Charlie Haden, Kenny Barron, Benny Carter, The Jazz Messengers, Sweets Edison, and Clark Terry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Iridium Jazz Club reviews from OpenTable diners
- Surprisingly good ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Surprisingly good Italian food, fine wine list, good cocktails. Good acoustics, too.
- Good food and service, butMaxineDined on 2/17/2013Good food and service, but the real reason to be here is the music! Outstanding jazz!Special Features:
- The service was the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/31/2012The service was the worst I had experienced in New York City. The waitress was rude and inconsistent. The drink order took over 20 minutes to arrive. The wine was such poor quality we had to send it back. The meal arrived before the appetizers. There were four of us, and the fourth person's meal arrived 20 minutes aftter hte first three. For $175 per person, I would expect better service.
- Don't go there!ItalianfoodloverVIPDined on 12/31/2012This place was awful! The food was horrible. I had beef Wellington that I asked for medium rare, it came out well done and like stew meat! One of my guests had the duck which was tough and tasteless. Hors d'oeuvres were being passed around but our table kept getting skipped. Wine selection was terrible and expensive. The wait staff was totally uninterested in being helpful. I asked for my water glass to be refilled, the busboy took my glass anyway and then finally someone came with a pitcher of water and we had no glasses! We were there on New Year's Eve, had a fixed price of $175 with 20% tip added on automatically, so I guess they figured they'd get their tip no matter what and didn't need to be nice or helpful. Terrible place!
- New Years Eve 12 31 2012OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Very Good duck. Beef Wellington was rather dry. Shelf wines were $$$ But for New Years Eve it was worth it and the Jazz show was also good. Of note... passes were needed to enter 51 and Broadway the Club was very good and timely in its correspondence and instructions with confirmation... the location is right next to the Stardust on BroadwaySpecial Features:
- Show was great Venue was notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2012Music was great but that has no real reflection on the club itself. We had a good time listening to the music. We have been to tons of Jazz clubs and Comedy clubs across the country. This one by far was the most disappointing. It was stuffy, the tables and seats were so close in proximity it was uncomfortable to eat. The price point was higher than the quality of venue and food. The show was great though the venue needs a massive update and re-haul. There is definitely work that needs to be done here also with the training of the staff they seem to all be confused as to what was going on as if this was their first show.Though I can say one thing, They has a respectable wine list.Special Features:
- Live Jazz band with good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2012Live Jazz band with good food. Tight quarters with shared tables but you don't really notice.Special Features:
- The iridium is a cozy intimateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012The iridium is a cozy intimate jazz club -- great place to enjoy a light meal, good drinks and a wonderful stage and music presentation. LOVED the Andrea Wood show !!!!Special Features:
- Amazing ambience and music!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Amazing ambience and music! Did not eat there, so I cannot rate the food, but the jazz environment is a small authentic club owned by Les Paul. Drinks were excellent. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great music!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012Me and my wife had a great time at The Iridium! The music is wonderful and the drinks were awesome.Special Features:
- Nice find - check it outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2012The food was pretty good for a jazz club. The service is not great, mostly because they cram in so many tables. Loved the entertainment, although when you book through OpenTable they don't tell you it is a $35 cover per person on top of everything else. Good wine list and very nice people. It is worth it to check it out. I would recommend and I will return often.Special Features:
- The food was much better thanDEdinerVIPDined on 7/20/2012The food was much better than I anticipated and the service was friendly and efficient.The quality of the music was outstanding.Special Features:
- Cover charge and drink pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/9/2012Cover charge and drink prices are way too high for the quality of entertainment. Jazz was good but not great.
- The staff was very accomidatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012The staff was very accomidating and the service was excellent. We enjoyed and loved the sitting arrangements. We are definitely returning for the salads, crab cakes, scallops with turnips and music. IrisSpecial Features:
- Iridium is a great jazz club,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2012Iridium is a great jazz club, but I try only to go when the musicians playing there aren't playing anywhere else in town because it's become quite expensive lately. That said, it's one of the better clubs in New York, by far, because the food is very good, the servers are great, and, of course, the most important part, the music, is absolutely outstanding. My only issue is the prices, but in this economy I guess it's what they've had to do to deal with the changes. Overall, though, it's a great spot. You'll often see some of the heaviest jazz cats hanging out just to hear their colleagues, and for good reason. The sound system was designed by Les Paul, and the soundman there is also really good. They constantly draw the best talent.Special Features:
- Great music and spot.I justTobymcguyreDined on 5/26/2012Great music and spot.I just don't like the service making you rushing to get an other drink while you just get your first.It's annoying to give your attention to this kind of consideration when you're having a blast listening to a great live performance.
- For the discerning music fanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012I've been to Iridium many times, so there're no surprises. You don't go here for the cuisine, but it's passable for burgers, junkie deserts, etc. The acoustics are as good as you could expect and there are no real bad views. If you can, get a table on the upper level center facing the stage. Depending on the act it's an excellent venue for live music.Special Features:
- Epic FailOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2012Wish there was a note about the $30 cover charge and two drink minimum. Still had a good time. Come with even numbers or they will sit strangers next to you. Host was quite rude, waiter was very nice. Great music and cocktails. Wouldn't order food again.
- misleading priceing $35 eachOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2012misleading priceing $35 each just for addmission with a 2 drink minimum clause this was before an overpriced for the quality of food provided disapointing
- Pricey food and very priceygrumpieDined on 4/8/2012Pricey food and very pricey drinks, but excellent value if you consider the caliber of music.Special Features:
- Andy Timmons is my most favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2012Andy Timmons is my most favorite guitarist. And the venue you put up for him was superb !!!!
- Excellent Jazz club! SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012Excellent Jazz club! Seating is great wherever you are and the atmosphere was most enjoyable - very similar to a comedy club environment as far as interior setup. All employees were very kind and courteous and service was excellent - a well oiled machine! Ten stars!! Price was also quite a bargain.Special Features:
- We went to the Iridium forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/17/2012We went to the Iridium for the jazz more than the food. But since there is a minimum in addition to the cover charge, we ordered dinner. The food is surprizingly good for a club that's more about the music (which was great). The man in front of us waiting to get in kindly gave us earplugs which we were glad to have because the volume was beyond comfortable without them. There were two sets and another group at midnight so you have less than 2 hours at your table. Be early. The club was not very organized at seating people who came close to 8:00 so we stood in line for quite a while.Special Features:
- One of the best venues toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2012One of the best venues to hear world class Jazz Fusion... Intimate room, relaxed atmosphere, friendly + efficient service, nice menu + wine selection...
- This is a downstairs jazzOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2012This is a downstairs jazz club. Our seats were partially blocked by a post so not that great although we were last minute (6 hours ahead). Good show though.
- I don't care for the 2 drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012I don't care for the 2 drink minimum rule. That alone may prevent me from returning. There are lots of good musical acts out there for what it costs to buy two cocktails at Iridium.
- A Jazzy Birthday!FunFiFiDined on 3/5/2012I took my boyfriend to Iridium Jazz Club for his birthday, and we loved it! The food was great, the service was good, and the entertainment was excellent! We went on a Monday night when Les Paul Gibson's band played because my boyfriend is a big fan of guitar music and he himself is a guitar player as well, so I thought he'd appreciate it more. And he certainly did! Moreover, the food was really delicious! Our steak dinner was juicy and fulfilling, but most surprising was the appetizer; the calamari was so light and fresh that we ordered 2 plates! All in all, going to Iridium Jazz Club was a good decision. The price was a bit hefty at the end of the night, but the experience made it worth our while!Special Features:
- Fabulous time! The entertainmentMaxineDined on 2/20/2012Fabulous time! The entertainment was outstanding, the food was good. An excellent time was had by all!Special Features:
- One of the best jazz clubsFrankDined on 2/17/2012One of the best jazz clubs I have been to. Superb music, good food and nice service people. Reasonably priced tickets.Special Features:
- Always a littleGem in timesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2012Always a littleGem in times sq.Music and foodIn a smallIntimate venue.Special Features:
- Great Jazz, Great Food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012I reserved a table through Open Table. When we arrived the hostess confirmed our reservation and since we had informed her it was our anniversary she sat us at a table right near the stage. Then she brought two glasses of champagne! We were made to feel like celebs! The food was great, the service was great! The entertainment was great! Since I visit NYC often, I plan to return on a regular basis! We Love Iridium!Special Features:
- Great venue for live music.CazzieDined on 2/14/2012Great venue for live music. Freda Payne was quite good. Brought back lots of memories.Special Features:
- Didn't expect $40 cover perOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Didn't expect $40 cover per person so be prepared. Food was good though. Singer was just okaySpecial Features:
- Was a bit energetic and loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2012Was a bit energetic and loud for a weekday. but a weekend would be a great spot!
- Iridium is an old school jazzOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/8/2012Iridium is an old school jazz club in the best way. The staff is friendly,the food is good, the sound system is excellent and there are lots of good seats. The price is very reasonable for an evening of great music. Highly recommended.
- I was not expecting food ofjackgVIPDined on 2/2/2012I was not expecting food of this outstanding quality. I'm looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Music is the attraction here,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/1/2012Music is the attraction here, and the food is okay but not why you come here.
- The Iridium "ROCKS!"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012My Boyfriend and I had an absolutely Amazing Time At The Iridium Great Service, Great Place to enjoy dinner and a "ROCKIN'show for couples and for making new friends! I would go back again and again The food was very good and so were the employees that worked there..Special Features:
- It's a jazz club, and youKEENJVIPDined on 1/18/2012It's a jazz club, and you go for the music, not the food. The food is pretty good, though.Special Features:
- My friend and I had a lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2012My friend and I had a lovely time seeing NRBQ at the Iridium. We had an excellent seat, friendly service and yummy food and cocktails. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features: