2901 Grand River Ave
Detroit, MI 48201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iridescencedetroit.com/
- Phone: (313) 237-6732
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday and Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Closed Mondays and Tuesdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Meyer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a Private Dining Room that offers secluded seating for up to 10 guests. We also have our upper tier dining area in the room which is semi private and can accommodate up to 45 guests with spectacular views.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Petterson 3132376732x
- Entertainment: Come join us Fridays and Saturdays for lively Piano music performed by Paul, one of Detroit’s most recognizable pianists. Paul played for some of the brightest stars, and he is always ready and willing to preform any request you might have.
A word from Iridescence
Featuring spectacular views of the city skyline, Iridescence is Detroit's premier fine dining experience and has been awarded AAA's 4-Diamond rating year after year. Chef de Cuisine Benjamin Meyer imparts his flair for intense local and natural flavors creating a relaxed and broadly appealing menu. Paired with an extensive and award-winning wine list, Iridescence provides the ultimate culinary experience. To complete your evening, indulge in the decadent artistry of Patricia Nash, 2007 Pastry Chef of the YearContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Iridescence - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Iridescence reviews from OpenTable diners
206 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (170)special occasion (162)romantic (151)notable wine list (86)fit for foodies (77)hot spot (25)good for groups (24)late-night find (23)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2014Everything was so good. The food, the ambiance, the service... We had a really good time for our second anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We were quickly seated with the option of a booth or window seat. Once seated, the nice tablet based menu allowed you to see pictures of all the dishes before ordering them. Food was outstanding and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDined on 11/22/2014Our waitress was exceptional I must say, great table and we liked the atmosphere also. The food was awful, they were more into art work of the food then the actual food taste. Weird stuff on the plates that we could not even chew. New menu would be a good change, get some better food, please!!!!. Don't mind paying for an expensive dinner but this was just totally over rated and can get better food at Olive Garden. Sorry, but if you don't get your menu updated I don't think you will be in business very much longer.
- Cuisine elevated to high art.DaleCDined on 11/21/2014A literal gallery of gastronomy. Completely unique presentations and/or reconstructions of many classic dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AshleebDined on 11/14/2014My boyfriend and i vistied this past weekend on our date night. The food and staff were spectacular!Special Features:
- Great nightwpq03Dined on 11/14/2014Great food, nice atmosphere and a view of the Detroit skyline. There was a piano player who added to the atmosphere. We liked the table side made to order Ceasar salad. My wife and I enjoyed our 20th wedding Annaversery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous. Simply delicious.LoveDined on 11/13/2014we tried the kaesecki 7 course Chef choice dinner. Absolutely amazing experience. Having the head Che of the restaurant come and explain his dish table side was a step above any dining experience. Courteous staff, professional, yet very helpful, amazing dishes....melt in your mouth. The best dining experience I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeniseDined on 11/13/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the food and presentation is some of the best in Detroit. Service is always top notch. We were there to celebrate a special occasion and we're not rushed. Will return again and againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/ServiceTwoTimerDined on 11/8/2014Not only was the food a hit; but, server Chelsea was as well. 2nd time was as good as the 1st.Special Features:
- Great Reunion EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014We met up with a couple with whom we had known & kept in touch with over the years, but had not formally sat down together to visit for twenty plus years! It was a fabulous three hours of catching up and reminiscing... all made more enjoyable by excellent food, atmosphere, and service. Iridescence was the perfect place for this special evening.Special Features:
- Great Food - Wonderful ServiceMikeDined on 11/8/2014Ambiance/view is a given. So no extra points here. Service from multiple staff (host, wine steward, primary server, water/bread staff, those who delivered our courses) was outstanding. All very helpful/knowledgeable, well trained AND had great personalities. All tried to make our experience as good as it could be. All of our courses were "works of art" in terms of make-up and plate presentation (all skillfully explained and presented). Nothing disappointed. Great evening in every regard -- well . . . could have used a little more cowbell. But other than that -- wonderful.Special Features:
- Stunning in everyway!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Amazing views, absolutely mouth watering food and incredible knowledgeable. Went for our 2 year anniversary and couldn't recommend a better or more romantic place. Service was top notch and extremely knowledgeable on everything they have to offer. Steak was the most tender I have ever had. Will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Beautiful and DeliciouslizthearchitectVIPDined on 11/8/2014Food is fabulous. We highly suggest starting with the made-in-front-of-you Caesar salad. The best you will ever have.Special Features:
- wonderful date nite out!datenightDined on 11/8/2014I was looking for a nice place to take my boyfriend to dinner that we both never been too... we loved it! Food was fantastic, our desert was AMAZING, overall beautiful dinner, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing City ViewsChefjon84Dined on 11/8/2014Great place to celebrate that special occasion with that special someone! Food was fantastic service exceptional, modern vibrant beautiful dining room, Great place and a must place to go!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations!LinniDined on 11/6/2014First time there. Impeccable service from all staff. Everyone was well educated on food, drink, ingredients and how it was prepped. We were off to a concert and had limited time. They got everything to our table in perfect timing. Food was amazing! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- hidden jem....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014best kept secret in downtown Detroit. On the 16th floor of the Motor City Casino, spectacular views of the city, quick friendly sit down, pleasant and knowledgeable waiters, good selection of wines. Food was good and well presented.Special Features:
- Sound board rocks! Pre game rocks!KTPOROXDined on 11/6/2014As a newbie to the MCC it was a pleasure to dine at Iridescence and then partake in a concert at the sound board. Talk about a well thought out plan.Special Features:
- Happy 21st partyclarkstondinerDined on 11/6/2014WE had a large group of 8 to celebrate a 21st Birthday. The restaurant is quite beautiful and the view is lovely. Our servers were exceptional and attentive. Food was good. Enjoyed the lively atmosphere, but was not so loud that a conversation could not be carried on. All in all, a lovely evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014like the fact that they change the menu every quarter however this quarter is not their best one my steak was cold when it came and there was a strange creamy sauce on the salmon but for years they have been an outstanding restaurant so I'll give him this oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The people were so nice and well mannered. It was an overall amazing experience and I will definitely be back. The setting took my breath away all on its own!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014From the service to the food the total experience was enjoyable. For a restaurant with a 'view', I think the interior lights could have been a little lower. Because of the lights, it was a bit hard to see out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnersuespjDined on 11/1/2014Fabulous all around - great food, service, and view!Special Features:
- ExcellentjwwiiDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I opted for Iridescence for our 45th anniversary and were not disappointed. Had a nice glass of wine and appetizer in the bar and were seated on time and in a great location. Only problem so far was the seats by the window, no backs to speak of and hard to arrange properly. The staff were prompt without rushing us and answered all questions. Excellent wine menu. Dinner was excellent - wife had the lamb - two ways and I had the filet - both were done exactly as we asked. The view of the Detroit skyline at night was wonderful. Overall it was exactly what she wanted for our anniversary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great meal and great service. Wait staff was very helpful and nice. Would recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceJxmrphDined on 10/25/2014This was our second visit to Iridescence, and it was every bit as good as expected. My wife had the Chilean sea bass and I had the filet and they were both excellent. Service was very good-wait staff attentive, knowledgable and friendly. Impressive wine list with something for every taste. We had theater tickets, so we didn't have time for the seven course mystery dinner, but we will be making a return trip soon specifically to experience that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular view and servicePmcredsoxDined on 10/24/2014The City view rivals that of any other major metropolis, creating a spectacular setting for a great dining experience. The service was attentive and efficient. I can say that iridescence can hold its own in any major restaurant town such as Chicago or New York. It is the high water mark for upscale dining in Detroit. We will be going again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This one should be on your listOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Great view, great service, and the food was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHappytoomeDined on 10/23/2014This is a very elegant restaurant with excellent food. The stuffed lobster was the best ! This is a restaurant where you can try new things and be amazed over and over. The is a spectacular view of the city's skyline and the service is fast and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placefoodiesDined on 10/19/2014If you want fine dining, this is your place. Outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!!MoineADined on 10/19/2014Food and staff was absolute tremendous. Can't wait until our next visit. We will be back. Hellog you rock!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedKrissDined on 10/18/2014I took my boyfriend here for Sweetest Day and we weren't disappointed. Good Food. Nice Staff. Beautiful view.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantMilliefDined on 10/18/2014It was our first time there We loooooooveed their food... Service was a little slow wish they had more window seats for big groups to enjoy the scenery but overall Good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014We have eaten at Iridescence a handful of times, each time everything has been flawless. From the moment you arrive you are treated like royalty, from seating (there is not a bad seat in the place), to the man who fills the water, the wait staff, and the FOOD... everything is impeccable! On this specific trip my boyfriend ordered the 28 day aged Strip steak, which tastes like butter. I ordered the Thai seafood dish which was, out of this world, good. Although a tad pricey, it is worth every penny! Anyone who visits MUST save room for the dessert, the pastry chef is AMAZING! I would not, and can not, come up with a single bad word to say about Iridescence. I highly recommend this place for a evening out while in Detroit!Special Features:
- RestaurantJakeDined on 10/17/2014Disappointed in table placement , especially when I made reservations. Waiter , big guy, made the dining experience well worth the evening. Steaks were prepared properly. The vegetables and potatoes that were part of the meal was so so. Again, waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- No exceptionsFinicky1Dined on 10/17/2014Food is prepared like artwork, however restaurant does not like to honor requests to alter any dishes. If you want to exclude any item or change any accompaniments even for allergy reasons, they will not happily comply, if at all.Special Features:
- Nice place average foodJgc142Dined on 10/17/2014Beet salad and bread basket were great, both of the main entree's were marginal. I had the New York strip and it was very lacking in flavor. My wife had the lobster, it was ok but the seasoning and flavored butter ruined it. All in all the service was great, the ambiance was very nice, the drinks were very good as well, but the food was very lacking. Was just at the NOVI chop house and had almost the exact same meal for the same price, it was by far superior in every manor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Service was incredible meal was outstanding will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBk2DetroitDined on 10/12/2014Great service, wonderful presentation, and a romantic view. What more can I ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Adore Iridesence!DetroitFoodiesVIPDined on 10/12/2014We return here every year for my birthday dinner...the past 7 in a row. Our sever, Oretha is as phenomenal as the food! We always enjoy our time here. The food is savory, plentiful, inventive, and so delicious! We will be back next year (if not before) and for each and every birthday after that! Cheers to Iridescence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.