2901 Grand River Ave
Detroit, MI 48201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iridescencedetroit.com/
- Phone: 3132376732x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday and Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Closed Mondays and Tuesdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Meyer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a Private Dining Room that offers secluded seating for up to 10 guests. We also have our upper tier dining area in the room which is semi private and can accommodate up to 45 guests with spectacular views.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Petterson 3132376732x
- Entertainment: Come join us Fridays and Saturdays for lively Piano music performed by Paul, one of Detroit’s most recognizable pianists. Paul played for some of the brightest stars, and he is always ready and willing to preform any request you might have.
A word from Iridescence
Featuring spectacular views of the city skyline, Iridescence is Detroit's premier fine dining experience and has been awarded AAA's 4-Diamond rating year after year. Chef de Cuisine Benjamin Meyer imparts his flair for intense local and natural flavors creating a relaxed and broadly appealing menu. Paired with an extensive and award-winning wine list, Iridescence provides the ultimate culinary experience. To complete your evening, indulge in the decadent artistry of Patricia Nash, 2007 Pastry Chef of the YearContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Iridescence - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Iridescence reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (157)special occasion (153)romantic (140)notable wine list (70)fit for foodies (63)hot spot (22)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Disappointed in table placement , especially when I made reservations. Waiter , big guy, made the dining experience well worth the evening. Steaks were prepared properly. The vegetables and potatoes that were part of the meal was so so. Again, waiter was excellent.Special Features:
- No exceptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Food is prepared like artwork, however restaurant does not like to honor requests to alter any dishes. If you want to exclude any item or change any accompaniments even for allergy reasons, they will not happily comply, if at all.Special Features:
- Nice place average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Beet salad and bread basket were great, both of the main entree's were marginal. I had the New York strip and it was very lacking in flavor. My wife had the lobster, it was ok but the seasoning and flavored butter ruined it. All in all the service was great, the ambiance was very nice, the drinks were very good as well, but the food was very lacking. Was just at the NOVI chop house and had almost the exact same meal for the same price, it was by far superior in every manor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Service was incredible meal was outstanding will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Great service, wonderful presentation, and a romantic view. What more can I ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Adore Iridesence!DetroitFoodiesVIPDined on 10/12/2014We return here every year for my birthday dinner...the past 7 in a row. Our sever, Oretha is as phenomenal as the food! We always enjoy our time here. The food is savory, plentiful, inventive, and so delicious! We will be back next year (if not before) and for each and every birthday after that! Cheers to Iridescence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING view!!Ladyjane17Dined on 10/11/2014This restaurant was AMAZING, took my boyfriend there for his birthday, everything was absolutely PERFECT! Service was exceptionally brilliant, food was delicious & the view was UNBELIEVABLE! Soo happy we went, we don't usually go to upscale dining but this was perfect for our personal special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS!motownmexicanaDined on 10/11/2014Through my years of traveling to the major cities in the U.S. and having the good fortune to enjoy fine dining...it is at best hit or miss. Iridescence is an absolutely amazing restaurant...so delighted with the attention to detail. Our server Helio was so delightful and made us feel like we were the only two there. He is truly an asset to the restaurant...you can see he enjoys working there and took the time to bring out dishes that we trusted him to select. Everything we sampled was well made...the presentation unique...but not experimental. An A+++++!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderstaffedtemptingtenorDined on 10/9/2014Although our waiter worked very hard, it appears the waitstaff was " short" that evening and we endured long waits between our cocktails, salad, entree and wine selections. Overall, the experience was " good ", but not our usual " excellent " experience....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightLouiDined on 10/4/2014Very nice ambiance and awesome menu at the iridescence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice place fun with groupsml7502Dined on 10/4/2014Expensive but worth it for a special occasion the atmosphere is really nice at night very romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was averageOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Perfect spot for date night although the food was below average. For the price I expect outstanding and this was not. Lobster was just ok and for the price of $83 for just the entree I was hoping for amazing and it was not. Our waitress did provide outstanding service.Special Features:
- Not impressedSandoura28Dined on 10/4/2014Views were great. Food was not fabulous at all. I had to send my 1st plate back and get something else. NY strip needed seasoning and sauce. Asked waiter for salt and pepper and she felt insultated. For the money, wish I had gone somewhere else. You will get lost trying to get to the restaurant. No signage or guidance.Special Features:
- Amazing as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014Steaks were perfect! Service was great. We love coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Fine DiningLadyLysialDined on 10/3/2014My fiance and I had never been to Iridescence before, but we had heard of it. Needless to say, I didn't know what to expect. My expectations were exceeded! When we walked in, the staff was courteous and helpful. The decor was unequaled and lovely. When we ordered, our food was brought in a timely manner. Desert was especially fabulous. To put it lightly, it would be the highlight of my year to dine there again!!!Special Features:
- Not so goodluvprimeDined on 9/27/2014Very disappointing! Appetizers and salads set the stage for a wonderful dinner . . . which arrived COLD. The steak was a delicious cut of meat but everything was cold, including the potatoes and veggies. Jayme, our server, took it back to the kitchen where I believe it was nuked. Just not what you would expect for those prices!! And no one from the kitchen staff followed up on the meal and no adjustments were made to our bill. We will not be going back to Iridescence. Server was OK . . . not great . . . just OK.Special Features:
- Great food but not excellentDetroitDineDined on 9/27/2014View is amazing, service was top notch, atmosphere is perfect. The food is very good but it misses something keeping it from being excellent. At the price point I expected more excellence. The tuna carpaccio was good. The caesar salad was not impressive. The best part was the steak, however my New York strip was precut into little strips which I did not like, it was cold by the time I had even 1/4 of it but it was very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningLoveagreatmealDined on 9/26/2014I ate here all alone for my 35th Birthday. I was greeted by my First Name at arrival, seated in a cozy spot for one with a great view, given a very knowledgeable, attentive, sweet, and patience waitress, served a great tasting meal and drink then to top it all off... Someone paid for my meal at the end of my evening. I'd have to say it was a GREAT experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner, well worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I chose to finally make our way to Iridescense last Fri night. Now, we are kicking ourselves for not going sooner! Our server, Oneta, was awesome. Once she found out we were adventurous eaters, she quickly recommended the chef's choice 7 course meal. It was amazing! Add that to a nice bottle of wine and our bill was around $300, but worth every penny. We would definately eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the viewswanDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant was amazing. My only negative is the view and the fact that we could not see it ! There were 4 of us and we were seated where the view from the 16th floor was not available. That was a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBlackbirdLadyDined on 9/25/2014This was a totally wonderful evening. Our server Fayez was so nice and so informative. The food was out of this world. It was a relaxing atmosphere and I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationSeafoodLoversDined on 9/24/2014Came with my husband to celebrate his birthday and everything was perfect! It was our first time so we requested a window table for the view. Food was excellent and friendly service, would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Occasion!JGreeneDined on 9/24/2014Great meal, view and staff. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014If you are looking for an amazing place with outstanding views, this is your place!!!Special Features:
- A great date night!AjumpDined on 9/24/2014Everything from the service to presentation to the food was top notch! I plan to return soon for the Japanese style 7-course dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!MouseDined on 9/19/2014We had a really special time celebrating a family event. The server Jamie is wonderful, and the Blind Chef's Tasting was incredible. Can't wait to go back- highest recommendation.Special Features:
- September 19, 2014GenoDined on 9/19/2014Great views of Downtown Detroit! I had lobster and my wife had filet mignon org meals were excellent! Service was excellent but it was pricey! I would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Friendly Great FoodreumarieDined on 9/18/2014Dining in the clouds above scenic Detorit skyline and river. Absolutely the finest in food and outstanding service. Staff insures you are the only one that is important no matter if you are are a twosome or a family or an office event. The food is present as if you were paging thru a food magazine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundmoeuneekDined on 9/14/2014We really enjoyed ourselves my daughter her sister & mother were very pleased with my choice..I will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMannyDined on 9/13/2014It was a great experience. I took my girlfriend over here on our first anniversary and she liked it. Ambiance was outstanding and food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best overall.BloomfieldDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014I would compare Iridescence to the best restaurants in Michigan. And it has a great view. Everything that comes out of the kitchen is perfectly done and the service is impeccable. I have eaten here many times and compare it to the Lark, Bacco, or Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service !Cecelia29Dined on 9/13/2014Our server was excellent and the crab cakes were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Looking for a beautiful location and wonderful food, you've found your place. Reservation at 8pm gave us a great view of day and night across the city. Our waitress was nice. Don't expect to rush through your dining experience. Food is pricey so bring your winnings from downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu is a must try!JMSMDined on 9/13/2014This time we went for our anniversary with another couple. There are many new menu items and we tried 6 of them and a special. All were excellent! Oysters on the half shell had an amazing flavor added, Kusshi Oyster Trio was a treat- includes an oyster shooter...sooo good, the filet was served on top of a large amount of yummy garlicky truffled potatoes and other veggies along with a sauce to die for, the Florida grouper was a large portion big flake fish served on top of a flavorful rice with spicy kale and a wonderful sauce, the dry aged ny strip melted in your mouth, the stuffed lobster special is a must try and the tirimasu dessert has 5 different desserts on one plate! Cannot wait to return for some more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JagsterDined on 9/12/2014Always a special experience...the only thing that beats the food and ambience is the service...The waiter Helios is a professional in every sense of the word and the staff in general excels in rounding out the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Staffthemoment2014Dined on 9/12/2014Its the staff's attitude that makes dining pleasurable and relaxing after coming from or escaping your tense environment for 8-10hrs a day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Nice presentation but my Grouper tasted fishy - obviously not fresh. Not what I would expect at these prices. Only ate half of it.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience!diningoutDined on 9/11/2014The attention to detail was amazing. The waitstaff was top-notch and very attentive. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening OutFoodLoverDined on 9/6/2014If you're looking for a nice evening out, good food, and pleasant atmosphere. Then Iridescence is the restaurant for you. Service is good, food is good, and the window view is where you want to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalphRalphDined on 9/6/2014Great food, relaxing and outstanding service. I would recommend to my family and friends to try the iridescence for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.