2901 Grand River Ave
Detroit, MI 48201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iridescencedetroit.com/
- Phone: 3132376732x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday and Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Closed Mondays and Tuesdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Meyer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a Private Dining Room that offers secluded seating for up to 10 guests. We also have our upper tier dining area in the room which is semi private and can accommodate up to 45 guests with spectacular views.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Petterson 3132376732x
- Entertainment: Come join us Fridays and Saturdays for lively Piano music performed by Paul, one of Detroit’s most recognizable pianists. Paul played for some of the brightest stars, and he is always ready and willing to preform any request you might have.
A word from Iridescence
Featuring spectacular views of the city skyline, Iridescence is Detroit's premier fine dining experience and has been awarded AAA's 4-Diamond rating year after year. Chef de Cuisine Benjamin Meyer imparts his flair for intense local and natural flavors creating a relaxed and broadly appealing menu. Paired with an extensive and award-winning wine list, Iridescence provides the ultimate culinary experience. To complete your evening, indulge in the decadent artistry of Patricia Nash, 2007 Pastry Chef of the YearContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Iridescence - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
Iridescence reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (164)special occasion (157)romantic (137)notable wine list (69)fit for foodies (64)hot spot (20)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not so goodluvprimeDined on 9/27/2014Very disappointing! Appetizers and salads set the stage for a wonderful dinner . . . which arrived COLD. The steak was a delicious cut of meat but everything was cold, including the potatoes and veggies. Jayme, our server, took it back to the kitchen where I believe it was nuked. Just not what you would expect for those prices!! And no one from the kitchen staff followed up on the meal and no adjustments were made to our bill. We will not be going back to Iridescence. Server was OK . . . not great . . . just OK.Special Features:
- Great food but not excellentDetroitDineDined on 9/27/2014View is amazing, service was top notch, atmosphere is perfect. The food is very good but it misses something keeping it from being excellent. At the price point I expected more excellence. The tuna carpaccio was good. The caesar salad was not impressive. The best part was the steak, however my New York strip was precut into little strips which I did not like, it was cold by the time I had even 1/4 of it but it was very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner, well worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I chose to finally make our way to Iridescense last Fri night. Now, we are kicking ourselves for not going sooner! Our server, Oneta, was awesome. Once she found out we were adventurous eaters, she quickly recommended the chef's choice 7 course meal. It was amazing! Add that to a nice bottle of wine and our bill was around $300, but worth every penny. We would definately eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the viewswanDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant was amazing. My only negative is the view and the fact that we could not see it ! There were 4 of us and we were seated where the view from the 16th floor was not available. That was a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBlackbirdLadyDined on 9/25/2014This was a totally wonderful evening. Our server Fayez was so nice and so informative. The food was out of this world. It was a relaxing atmosphere and I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationSeafoodLoversDined on 9/24/2014Came with my husband to celebrate his birthday and everything was perfect! It was our first time so we requested a window table for the view. Food was excellent and friendly service, would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Occasion!JGreeneDined on 9/24/2014Great meal, view and staff. We will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014If you are looking for an amazing place with outstanding views, this is your place!!!Special Features:
- A great date night!AjumpDined on 9/24/2014Everything from the service to presentation to the food was top notch! I plan to return soon for the Japanese style 7-course dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!MouseDined on 9/19/2014We had a really special time celebrating a family event. The server Jamie is wonderful, and the Blind Chef's Tasting was incredible. Can't wait to go back- highest recommendation.Special Features:
- September 19, 2014GenoDined on 9/19/2014Great views of Downtown Detroit! I had lobster and my wife had filet mignon org meals were excellent! Service was excellent but it was pricey! I would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Friendly Great FoodreumarieDined on 9/18/2014Dining in the clouds above scenic Detorit skyline and river. Absolutely the finest in food and outstanding service. Staff insures you are the only one that is important no matter if you are are a twosome or a family or an office event. The food is present as if you were paging thru a food magazine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundmoeuneekDined on 9/14/2014We really enjoyed ourselves my daughter her sister & mother were very pleased with my choice..I will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMannyDined on 9/13/2014It was a great experience. I took my girlfriend over here on our first anniversary and she liked it. Ambiance was outstanding and food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best overall.BloomfieldDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014I would compare Iridescence to the best restaurants in Michigan. And it has a great view. Everything that comes out of the kitchen is perfectly done and the service is impeccable. I have eaten here many times and compare it to the Lark, Bacco, or Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service !Cecelia29Dined on 9/13/2014Our server was excellent and the crab cakes were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Looking for a beautiful location and wonderful food, you've found your place. Reservation at 8pm gave us a great view of day and night across the city. Our waitress was nice. Don't expect to rush through your dining experience. Food is pricey so bring your winnings from downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu is a must try!JMSMDined on 9/13/2014This time we went for our anniversary with another couple. There are many new menu items and we tried 6 of them and a special. All were excellent! Oysters on the half shell had an amazing flavor added, Kusshi Oyster Trio was a treat- includes an oyster shooter...sooo good, the filet was served on top of a large amount of yummy garlicky truffled potatoes and other veggies along with a sauce to die for, the Florida grouper was a large portion big flake fish served on top of a flavorful rice with spicy kale and a wonderful sauce, the dry aged ny strip melted in your mouth, the stuffed lobster special is a must try and the tirimasu dessert has 5 different desserts on one plate! Cannot wait to return for some more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JagsterDined on 9/12/2014Always a special experience...the only thing that beats the food and ambience is the service...The waiter Helios is a professional in every sense of the word and the staff in general excels in rounding out the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Staffthemoment2014Dined on 9/12/2014Its the staff's attitude that makes dining pleasurable and relaxing after coming from or escaping your tense environment for 8-10hrs a day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Nice presentation but my Grouper tasted fishy - obviously not fresh. Not what I would expect at these prices. Only ate half of it.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience!diningoutDined on 9/11/2014The attention to detail was amazing. The waitstaff was top-notch and very attentive. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening OutFoodLoverDined on 9/6/2014If you're looking for a nice evening out, good food, and pleasant atmosphere. Then Iridescence is the restaurant for you. Service is good, food is good, and the window view is where you want to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RalphRalphDined on 9/6/2014Great food, relaxing and outstanding service. I would recommend to my family and friends to try the iridescence for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They tried too hard.OccasionalFoodieDined on 9/5/2014The food was good, and the view was great! They ask you if you are there for a special occasion and we told the. It was our anniversary. The predictably put a piece of chocolate on our dessert that read "happy anniversary." It was a nice touch. My only real complaint was with the service. Not the lack of service, but the non stop over the top service. We told u we were there for our anniversary, leave us alone. We made the mistake of telling them it was our first time at the restaurant and our waitress, who seemed tipsy, explained in detail the process of cooking everything we ordered. It became belittling at some point. It was our first time at Iridescence, not our first time at a fancy restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical!sparklelady40Dined on 9/5/2014My his was the 1st time here for both my date and myself. The service was excellent, professional, yet they put a smile on our faces. The server made us feel like we were the only ones in the entire place. The food was delicious! Every single bit. The view was breathtaking and the live piano player was the perfect touch. I vibe was classy as was the setting. I will definitely be going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit diaappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Ordered filet and lobster. Second time in a row the lobster was a bit tough and stringy. The beef is very good. Did not care for the "warm potato salad" Seemed like dried up tiny redskin potatoes which was lukewarm and bland. Would have preferred the whipped potatoes. First time iz wa a bit disappointed in the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definately go backkpgpDined on 9/4/2014The food and service were very good. The entire staff was friendly and welcoming. The view was beautiful. We just happened to be there when there was a beautiful rainbow over the Detroit skyline and riverfront. The presentation of the food was very nice. Dessert was wonderful.Special Features:
- AmazingMasterFoodieDined on 9/3/2014The food is phenomenal. The service is outstanding. Everything about this place is Amazing. I cannot wait to come back. I Love It.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Our first experience at the restaurant was for my birthday party of 8. We were given excellent service by all and our waiter Hallious was exceptional the food was great best filet I ever had and I was given a slice of cake in the house we shared for my birthday. The staff was all friendly and smiling and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Thank you for making my birthday dinner a special oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014I ordered the dry aged New York strip medium. It was brought to me well done, informed our waitress. She offered to fix another one & also told her manager who came to our table. He apologized, offered to correct it but also blamed the poor lighting on the appearance of the steak. The soup,& salad were average at best. The staff on the other hand were great & a lot of fun. I doubt if we will go back.Special Features:
- RudyDined on 8/31/2014Great Jazz brunch a little different from last year still a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous1969MWDined on 8/31/2014This Sunday Brunch was our very first experience. We were not disappointed. The concept for serving the brunch allowed one-on-one conversations with the servers, who shared how each dish was prepared. This ideal allowed us to make better decisions on our food choices, as well as experience new foods we might not otherwise taste. As one of our dinning guest required reasonable accommodations, this stylish presentation was quite special for their dinning enjoyment. The atmosphere, staff, and food were superb. We even shared our dinning experience through photos taken, for our family and friends on FaceBook. This is as must do on anyone's list, visiting Detroit. We are looking forward to our next Sunday Brunch in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spotkhandotcomDined on 8/31/2014This 4-diamond offers a fantastic view with equally fantastic food and service to match. Be forewarned though, you pay for every bit of it, but in my opinion it's worth it.Special Features:
- Superb Fine DiningRDFD62Dined on 8/29/2014My absolute go to spot for special occasions , I have been there on several occasions and they have never let me down ! I have taken out of towners there and they have been blown away ! Everything is always perfect !Special Features:
- food was greatlucyDined on 8/29/2014only thing wrong was I ask for a single rose on table did't happen I wish someone could have called meSpecial Features:
- Sheltir3Dined on 8/28/2014This was a great way to spend our anniversary. Great food, wine and service. Everyone was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Walk/BirdWhittakerDined on 8/24/2014We were celebrating anniversary and both our birthdays. The restaurant was clean and from our seat we had a nice view. The food was prepared to our expectations. Would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerKandEDined on 8/24/2014We wanted someplace special for our 40th wedding anniversary and Iridescence was an excellent choice. Very classy place, excellent menu choices and extremely friendly, knowledgeable and professional wait staff. Everyone we encountered (host at the entrance, waitress, support staff and the manager) made us feel special. The food was very good (both taste and presentation) and the wine recommendation by the manager was excellent. The best compliment I can give this restaurant is: "We will come back again, it was worth the money".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good.RJAYXUDined on 8/23/2014Had high expectations, but was really disappointed with food quality. Certainly not worth the prices on the menu.