Ireland's Own Pub
111 North Pitt Street
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Ireland's Own Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://irelandsownpub.com/
- Phone: 7035494535
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ireland's Own Pub
We are an Irish pub in Old Town Alexandria at the intersection of Pitt and King Street. Come out and enjoy live music and good food and the best pint of Guinness in Alexandria. We also feature a dog friendly patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ireland's Own Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not bad not greatIlikerealfoodVIPDined on 7/13/2013The food was average. We went to this restaurant because we like Irish pubs and there wasn't a wait.Special Features:
- We went because it was dog-friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013and we would return because it is people-friendly too. Loved being able to dine outside with our best canine friend. She loved the doggie menu and we enjoyed our food as well. The service was amazing and friendly. It was nice to hear the live music outside. We sat out back and the tables were in a nice peaceful courtyard so it was a great place to unwind. Would definitely go back and recommend it to others, especially those of the dog set.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- live music1bluegrassDined on 6/23/2013Loved Amanda Murphy and the Lost Indians. The "special guests" were awesome too! I would not have come had it not been for them!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great, not bad.mensan98thDined on 6/5/2013We ate on the outdoor patio, which was several metal tables and chairs surrounded by a metal fence. Few plants and little in the way of decor on the outside. The restaurant is in a strip of businesses and offices, so there may not be much they can do about the outdoor ambiance. The food was not all that good; I got the corned beef and cabbage, and it was so-so at best. Maybe they specialize in beer or pub food. It's a good place for a group, so long as no one's in it for a foodie experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad night in IrelandOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2013I have been here many times. Always live music that makes it a fun place....except tonight. Nothing but sad Irish ballad after another. Unfortunately he is a regular, but thankfully not that regular, so your chances of great Irish music, good food and service stands at about 90%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Irish PubFrequentDCTravelerDined on 5/29/2013Staff is friendly and very welcoming. Fun environment. Convenient location. Not expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was attentive andBecktrinDined on 5/4/2013Our waiter was attentive and really tried. We fully realized that it was a pub, but it looked really dark and unkept. The Irish musician that came on at 8:30 sang more Johnny Cash and other tunes. Unfortunately, it was a great disappointment and we would not go back. The description on Open Table looked much better than in reality!
- Show Me The CabbageButchDined on 3/18/2013Went for corned beef and cabbage day after St Patrick's Day. At Noon the place was a tomb, service was slow and even though we ordered the corned beef and cabbage off the reqular menu, they had no cabbage. Didn't discover this until the meal was delivered. Moral of the story, don't go to an Irish restaurant after St. Pat's day.
- Disappoiting. New managementAnneDined on 2/14/2013Disappoiting. New management needs to get it together.
- Local pubOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Great Neighborhood pub. Lots of live entertainment and great people.Special Features:
- This is a regular pub, goodsonyaVIPDined on 1/17/2013This is a regular pub, good for an inexpensive bite of food and a draft beer.Special Features:
- We were there on New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We were there on New Year's Eve, so I expected a little craziness, but they seemed very understaffed. We arrived at 10:40pm hoping to have bite to eat, grab a drink and then be outside with plenty of time to see the fireworks. Planning on eating at a place like this in less than an hour should have been no problem. We barely made it out the door by 11:58pm and didn't have time to get down to the water to see the fireworks. The food was nothing stellar and the staff were nice, they just seemed like there should have been more of them. Might go back on a trivia night, but perhaps not.
- A nice warm feelingAlexandriaVADined on 12/31/2012A gem of Alexandria. I was not sure what would happen when the Hon. Pat Troy left his masterpiece to Old Town, but I am now assured that it is in good, capable hands. They accommodated our large group quite well and were able to handle our reservation less than twenty four hours out. The NYE menu was great and the music was wonderful. Like their predecessor, the new owners were on the floor interacting with their patrons (something I think is crucial to a great experience). I cannot wait to keep coming back for more good times, good music, and good fare. Cheers!Special Features:
- Nice pub: Good drink, adequate eatsszthdyVIPDined on 12/31/2012attentive, patient & spot-on service, very pleasant & friendly staff. nice local pub feel. Decent food for the price, don't expect any surprises thoughSpecial Features: