Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse
2023 S. Pine Ave
Ocala, FL 34474Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ipanemaocala.com/
- Phone: 3526221741
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday 11-2:30pm
Brunch: Sunday 12-3pm
Dinner: Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday 4pm - 9pm Fri. and Sat.4:00pm - 10:00pm CLOSED MONDAY
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Ortencia De Almeida
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We now have a covered outdoor patio for full dining. Smoking is permitted in this area (including Cigars). There is also a large screen TV to watch your favorite sporting events.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining up to 24 people.
- Private Party Contact: Fabian 3526221741
- Entertainment: Celebrate Brazilian Independence with us! Live music for the festival week!
Happy Hour 4-6 Tues-Thurs 2-4-1 drinks and house wine!
Join us and Taste Brazil!
- Special Events: We now have a covered outdoor patio for full dining. This area is enclosed and heated when needed. There is also a large screen TV to watch your favorite sporting events.
A word from Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse
Ipanema Brazilian Steak House is a Churrascaria in the finest sense of the word. Our twelve authentic cuts and presentations of meat are seasoned with salt and roasted rotisserie-style over mineral coals imported from Brazil, basted continuously by their own natural juices. Served by traditional roving Gauchos, they are complemented by an opulent salad and vegetable bar, delectable desserts and delicious wines, beer, and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- Superior Everything!CllsDined on 3/9/2013OUTSTANDING! There is nothing "bad" to be said. My husband's birthday dinner was perfect, the service wonderful and every morsel of food to die for! We stayed in Ocala for the weekend, bringing our boat down for a weekend on the Rainbow River. There was no other restaurant even considered for my husband's special dinner. We have eaten here previously when we come down for a month each summer, and I knew my husband would love a surprise dinner here for his birthday. He did, and I did. The restaurant helped me make his day special-the "Happy Birthday" dessert was so pretty-I even put it on Facebook! Thank you all for a lovely evening-we will be back!Special Features:
- The food was great,the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2013The food was great,the service was great. best restaurant in town.Special Features:
- Hope we just one of thoseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Hope we just one of those days ut it will be a long time before I will return, went for 8pm reservations, got seated at 8:30pm, had to ask for the chicken, the lamb, the coconut and the sausage, waitress took approx 20 minutes to return with our checks and overall felt like they had way to many diners and not enough staff to handle the night, very disappointing for the price
- Worth the wait??OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We went here for Valentine's Dinner. The food was exquisite however seemed to take a long time to come around. We never truly did get our fill but more of we got tired of waiting for more. But if you have the time to wait approximately 15-20 minutes each time, then it is worth it. But since we didn't get seated until almost 8:30 and by 10 when they closed we were still hungry that kind of upset us for the price ($80+). So if I would make a recommendation, go early LOLSpecial Features:
- Worth a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The Top Sirloin was simply amazing. Its a nice place if you're looking for a new experience. The "Cowboys" come to you with with spears of meat and slice it off right there for you.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding!!!! AskedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Food was outstanding!!!! Asked for a glass of the complimentary wine and never received it. Waited 10 minutes before server even realized my glass was empty. Then it took over 20 minutes to get our check and another 10 before our receipt was returned to us. Was charged for a glass of sweet tea that we never ordered. Told server and he said he would have it removed but never did. Overall food was great but service not so good.Special Features:
- Very DissapointedLov2dineDined on 2/14/2013We have been coming to your resturant since the day they opened. We came again for our yearly valentines tradition and I think this will be our last. Our water Daniel was very rude and did not know about the Valentines Day special ( rose, wine and picture) when asked about it he did not know. He kept dissapearing from our table and would not be back for more than 20 minutes our bus boy was great !! They never put rolls or bananas & yuka fries on table till we asked. After already having a dissapointing evening we had asked Daniel about the roses instead of saying let me check on that for you he said I do not know i was woring the rose department today really that is what your staff tells a customer . Very dissapointed inrestirant and stafSpecial Features:
- The food that nite was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food that nite was very delicious, however, there were so many tables cramped in the space available that we, and all the others, could not walk from our table to the salad and hot bar without bumping into others and other tables. One customer in a table right next to us spilled his soup trying to get back to his seat. There was no room to walk and even worse when a server was at a table. We never got to the meat because they never stopped at our table even though our sign was turned to green. It was a horrible experience and we could not wait to get out of there. We will NEVER go back.Special Features:
- Great again.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We have dined here before and loved everything about it, this time was no exception. The food was amazing and the Valentines Day special was very nice, the complimentary wine was very strong though, but the keepsake picture and rose were great extras, we had a great evening.Special Features:
- Our evening was very enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013Our evening was very enjoyable. the service was excellent. and friendly.. we will return and recommend to friends.. thank you. Dorothy fureySpecial Features:
- Service was great. The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/6/2013Service was great. The food was unbelievable. Would recommend to anyone. Price is high but for what you get it is more than reasonable.Special Features:
- have dined numerous timesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/6/2013have dined numerous times at this restaurant and as time pass the novelty and food quality has declined.
- Our second visit, won't beOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2013Our second visit, won't be our last. Took out of town visitors there, they were impressed.Special Features:
- Great food, wonderful service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013Great food, wonderful service, fantastic atmosphere which really fits the type of restaurant it is.Special Features:
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013The service was excellent. We had Rodizio. Most of the food was delicious. The salad bar was excellent but the signs were almost impossible to read. We especially liked the pineapple. However, the lamb chops, which I had really been looking forward to, were overcooked and very dry. The meats were very good but extremely salty. The prime rib came out when we were almost done and we never saw that server again. We would have liked more of that. Overall, our experience was excellent.Special Features:
- We make a point of eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2013We make a point of eating here every time we travel down to Florida. Our most recent trip happen to coincide with a special celebration night that was taking place that included music, drinks, photos, and appetizers. When we made our reservations through Open Table we were unaware of this. However, since the reservations were made online, we received three calls from the restaurant to make sure we were aware of the events and the increased cost involved. It turned out to be a wonderful evening. The only drawback, if you can call it that, was we were provided with so many wonderful appetizers prior to being seated that we didn't have enough room left to enjoy all of the grilled meats. I absolutely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- This is a "Must go" placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2013This is a "Must go" place for all Ocalans and their guests. When I want to show off our town, I take family and/or friends to IpanemaSpecial Features:
- Great food - Great service TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Great food - Great service The salmon and shrimp on salad bar were gr8.Special Features:
- Always count on the greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2013Always count on the great food! Staff is very attentive and there is no waste since you can have what ever size portion you want.Special Features:
- We were seated as soon asOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013We were seated as soon as we arrived. The Server proceeded to explain the buffet for the two people in our group that had not been here before. Service was great, dishes were cleared immediately, drinks were refilled whenever needed, and the Flan was delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- I made a reservation for 8:45pmOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/9/2013I made a reservation for 8:45pm online that showed it was available. They then called me afterwards to tell more that wouldn't be possible and we could do it at 8:15. Once we got there we felt a since of rushing us out from the timee we sat down. While we were trying to talk they were breaking down place settings soo loud we could barley hear each other talk. the waitress we had was terrible. She asked if we were done with three sides while we were still eating so they could start cleaning up. I work in customer service and I feel like this was highly unprofessional.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2013The top sirloin and lamb chops were excellent, but the filet mignon was either received raw or too well done and tough. If you told the server medium he just looked at you until you said rare or well done?? To put it mildly, we were very disappointed in a $275.00 dinner for 4. We have been to Ipamema before and were very satisfied, not this time! Taking friends for a special occasional didn't turn out well.Special Features:
- A very high quality evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/4/2013A very high quality evening. I have eaten in Brazilian Steakhouse restaurants all over the World and feel the Ipanema is the best I have experienced. The staff was very attentive but not bothersome and there when tey were needed.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2013I have been to ipanema quite a few times and always looked foward to going there. This time I was very disappointed. The Buffet table was a big disappointment to me. I always look foward to eating the cheese which are in chunks and the cold cuts which were always fresh. This time there was no cheese the cold cuts were dried up and the selection at the table was not that great. To me that was my favorite part of the restaurant. It will be quite sometime before I go there again.
- This was our 5th New Year'sCarolDined on 12/31/2012This was our 5th New Year's eve at Ipanema for an early (6:30 PM) dinner. As always, it met all of our expectations. We dine here a few times a year and it is always wonderful.Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012We went to this restaurant to celebrate a birthday. We arrived ahead of our reserved time, but were seated right away. The staff was very attentive. The salad bar offered a great selection of food. Subsequently, half our party chose to opt for the salad bar only. The salad bar offered a variety of greens, meats, soups, and cheeses The meat selection was wonderful as well.Special Features:
- A Wonderful AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2012Impanema was a wonderful place to have our anniversary. The salad bar was wonderful with many simple yet gourmet delights and freshend often with much care. The service was excellent, our waiter was very accommodating and attentive. The decor is very warm and comfortable. The main course was wonderful, the Brazilian barbecue served rodizio style was cooked to perfection. We sampled about half of the different items the servers were carrying through the restaurant on swords. The small bacon wrapped filets were coked to a perfect medium rare and I have never had a piece of sirloin that tender before. Last but defiantly not least we had pie and coffee. The coffee was rich and dark and the key lime pie exceptionally creamy.Special Features:
- Under the new guidance ofDianeNYCDined on 12/24/2012Under the new guidance of the original owners, this restaurant is back! What a pleasure to have a non-chain restaurant in Ocala. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great location Great time ExcellaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Great location Great time Excellant food Abundance of choicesSpecial Features:
- Great Dining for larger parties!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012Dine there since 2007 on a regular base as a couple or with groups. This time was the 5th time for a Christmas Eve party. We were a party of 9 and as before, we enjoyed it. As the meat is offered "Rodizio-Style", nobody has to wait for the main course to be served, everyone eats what they want, when and how much - to me that's very important with a larger group. Also, I like the appetizer/salad buffet, everyone can grab food right away and the large selection even works for a vegetarian. The meat selection is good and there is a choice how you like the beef cooked, just ask for medium rare or whatever you prefer. In case you left some room: the deserts are great, especially the chocolate cake. I'll be back, esp. with a group!Special Features:
- Food and service were bothedrockerDined on 12/21/2012Food and service were both incredibly fantastic. Only issue I had was that I tried to use some Visa gift cards but was told that they could only apply 80% of the card's balance to my bill. Never heard of anything like that.Special Features:
- The food at Ipanema was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012The food at Ipanema was amazing and the service was stellar. Our glasses were never empty and neither were our plates. The entire staff worked together so well that we never had to ask for anything. The food was so amazing that we already started planning a return trip.Special Features:
- I cannot praise this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/14/2012I cannot praise this restaurant enough...the food is delectable!! The filet and the sirloin are A1, my husband LOVED the parmesean chicken. Our servers were generally very good. No mint jelly offered with the lamb was a snafu. Could have been just a tad quicker with fresh plates..........Special Features:
- Hidden Gem for Special Occasions!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012This was my second visit to Ipanema, each for graduations; I think I was even more impressed the second time around! The manager made my party of six feel welcome a couple of times throughout our dining experience. My in-laws (their 1st time) were amazed with the romantic ambiance, bountiful choices of "salad bar" sides and endless sizzling meats catered to us by gauchos! (Cheap foodie me) I was even able to apply a current discount towards the meal, greatly appreciated. The wait staff was very polite, despite it being past closing time for lunch - sincere smiling faces and authentic politeness are most important to me while dining. Ipanema will definitely see our faces again on our next special occasion!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/11/2012We really enjoyed our dinner. The atmosphere was quiet. It's pricey, but for a special occasion it's worth it.Special Features:
- The stuffed mushrooms wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012The stuffed mushrooms were overdone, but the salad bar had great choices. My husband loved the meat (I don't eat meat.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Great dining experience. I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- IpanemaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/2/2012I took my three children there for just a special night out and the service was incredible. The staff informed my children and myself about the Brazilian Steakhouse and we could not have been more pleased. I would recommend Ipanema to anyone wanting a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- This was our first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012This was our first experience with Ipanema. The food was excellent in every way. Everything was tastey and well prepared. The service was a delight with meats coming around continuosly on long skewers, as long as our coasters were turned up. Our waitress was attentive, helpful and friendly without hovering. (Pretty too) The salad bar was like no other. The quantity and quality was superb with more items than I could count. The shrimp on the salad bar were great along with a fantastic cocktail sauce. My wife and I, with our friends, are looking forward to a return visit to Ipanema.Special Features:
- Very nice salad bar. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Very nice salad bar. Great place to go for birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions. Servers were wonderful and constantly attentive.Special Features: