Iozzo's Garden of Italy
946 S. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46225Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Iozzo's Garden of Italy
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iozzos.com/
- Phone: 3179741100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm- 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kathy Jones
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Jones 317-974-1100
- Entertainment: Live Music in Our Courtyard on the Following Dates in 2013
Wednesday June 5, 2013 - Jaden Street Jazz
Wednesday July 3, 2013 - Jaden Street Jazz
Saturday July 13, 2013 - Indy Nile
Wednesday August 7, 2013 - The Tides
Saturday August 17, 2013 - Indy Nile
Wednesday Septemper 4, 2013 - Jaden Street Jazz
- Special Events: Courtyard Opening Party Thursday May 16, 2013
A word from Iozzo's Garden of Italy
Originally established in 1930 Iozzo's Garden of Italy is the Newest Oldest Italian Restaurant in Indianapolis. The high quality menu features a mix of traditional Iozzo Family Italian fare along with a modern twist on Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Iozzo's Garden of Italy - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Iozzo's Garden of Italy reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (106)great for outdoor dining (97)special occasion (93)romantic (81)fit for foodies (73)notable wine list (48)good for groups (44)great for lunch (29)hot spot (10)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- FIVE STARS PLUSOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014THIS IS OUR NEW "BEST ITALIAN IN THE AREA" RESTAURANT. OUTSTANDING FOOD AND SERVICE. ONLY PROBLEM - NOT ENOUGH OF IT. WE HAD A 10-15 MINUTE WAIT AT THE BAR FOR OUR TABLE, BUT THAT WASN'T BAD FOR A VERY BUSY SMALL RESTAURANT ON A SATURDAY NIGHT. 5 STARS PLUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My boyfriend and I had heard rave reviews about this place. From the second we walked in, the ambience seemed so cozy and romantic. Unfortunately there were not tables outside although it looked beautiful. However our waiter was very uncomfortable to the point of threatening to id us if we ordered wine. We are both 20 and had no intention of trying to order any. The bread was fabulous but our food was very sub par and the noodles were still a little hard.Special Features:
- Great restaurantgmabieDined on 9/27/2014This is our favorite Italian restaurant in Indianapolis. Great food, outstanding service, and very pleasant outdoor seating that reminds us of East coast eateries. Ideal for a romantic evening, but we had a great time there with the kids as well. You must try Iozzo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't find betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Iozzo's serves excellent food - yummy, visually appealing, complex flavors - with friendly and attentive wait staff. Its casual atmosphere makes it quite pleasant and enjoyable. The Zo-Zo-Shrimp appetizer is outstanding. The fresh bread and herbed tomato that came without ordering, is fantastic. We both had the lobster ravioli - which was very good, but not as amazing as the other two dishes. Hands down the best Italian restaurant in Indy.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining!IndyBobDined on 9/27/2014Our dinner was outstanding! The Iozzo Garden of Italy is a hidden gem and we will soon return. Our server was Elizabeth Iozzo and she was friendly & very informative and helped to make this a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Italiano! Sweet Spot!LisaDined on 9/27/2014What a sweet spot Iozzo's Garden of Italy is! We've read about this place in the Indianapolis Monthly which is how we find our "sweet spots" in Indy on a regular basis. The calamari, wine and entrees were lovely as well as the garden patio. We cannot wait to make this place our favorite spot whether dining in the bar, dining room or outside during the nice spring, summer and fall months we've been having.Special Features:
- Hidden gemGary9113VIPDined on 9/26/2014This is our second time there. The food was awesome, service great and atmosphere very quaint. Just a real great experience. The lasagna with the red and white sauce is very good. My wife had the chicken pram and was very satisfied. We will continue going here. One of our favorite places.Special Features:
- New Favorite Italian ResturantthegoodrichwifeDined on 9/21/2014I made a reservation at Iozzo's for my mom's birthday dinner because I had heard her talk highly of it, though I had never been there myself. I was not expecting to be blown away like I was! Not only was the atmosphere so inviting, but the food was fantastic. We all took turns trying each others' food because nothing tasted less than incredible. Our server made us feel right at home; especially for my husband and I who had never been there before. We sat in the indoor dining area because it was a tad chilly out, but I was able to get a peek at the outdoor garden area and it looked so romantic. My husband and I both agree that we will be making Iozzo's Garden of Italy a date-night destination in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary party rocked!lpcremerDined on 9/20/2014The Iozzo's Anniversary party was excellent. We loved the entire evening from course to course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Live Music in the GardenyummyinmytummyDined on 9/17/2014I had a wonderful first experience at Iozzo's. A friend and I were seated in the gorgeous back patio area where there was a live acoustic set by musician Chad Mills. At the end of the evening the owner and her family ended up joining us to listen to music and tell stories. Great family, great food, great atmosphere, and great music. I would recommend this gem to anyone who loves authentic food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- good foodKurtDined on 9/17/2014food was good, service was helpful. Server was not sure of how fish was received (fresh or frozen), and had to check on how it was prepared. but overall a good experience sitting outside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/13/2014Arranged dinner before a football game at Lucas Oil. The waiter was personable and the service was cordial. Food was very good as expected from this established Italian destination. Can't go wrong with a visit to Iozzo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJakeDined on 9/11/2014Family Run and everything is homemade. This place is the best Italian restaurant I have been too, not only in Indy but ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysWuttkeDined on 9/11/2014My yaya sisterhood has been going to Iozzos on Thursday nights for wine tasting for more than 2 years. We have never had bad service (Shane is our favorite), nor bad food. All around great experience! As someone who has traveled through Italy, it has the charm of a trattoria in the Tuscan hills.Special Features:
- Dessert disappointmentMcdiner1953Dined on 9/11/2014Overall we were very pleased with the restaurant. The food was great and the service was superb. The only problem was dessert. We ordered the special pineapple dessert but it was not special. The pineapple was sliced super thin, didn't have the pastry shell and no ice cream. It was discounted to $6 but wasn't worth even a $1. Very disappointing. It was our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDonaldDined on 9/10/2014We had a great time there. The food was wonderfula and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and atmosphere!EllaPDined on 9/6/2014Love the outside patio area! It's very quaint and peaceful. My sister and I shared a margherita pizza and it was fabulous as well as the side salads we got with our meal. The dipping sauce for the bread is wonderful! We were greeted when we came in the door, had a fantastic server, and acknowledged when we left as well. I will definitely be returning to try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- ReviewMickey2422Dined on 9/6/2014I thought it was a bit pricey for the portions but the food was overAll good. Also a little loud for a romantic date night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great timelasdaDined on 9/6/2014It was our first visit and we found the service to be great and the food even better!Special Features:
- SuperSuzanneVIPDined on 8/30/2014Reminds me of the restaurants in NY. Food is always wonderful. Great specials, too.Special Features:
- Wonderful night!CoronaDined on 8/30/2014We love coming to Iozzo's, especially in the summer when we can dine in the courtyard! It is a wonderful place to go on a date or with a group, we have introduced many people to this great restaurant and will continue to do so! Phil was our server this time and he was on it! Much appreciated! The only draw back this time was that I ordered the fish of the day, simply grilled and it was very over cooked, dry and on the fishy side. So, maybe grilled is not the way to go with the fish, everything else was wonderful and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour Downtown Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Tried Iozzo's during Devour Downtown. Chose it due to the menu choices and we were not disappointed. Dined on their outside patio and it was a great evening and great food.Special Features:
- AnniversaryJEBMSBDined on 8/29/2014The service was very friendly. The food was delicious. The menu has a wide selection. Atmosphere was perfect to celebrate our 27th anniversarySpecial Features:
- Devour downtown menu!OpentablefriendVIPDined on 8/29/2014Amazing lunch Complete with cannoli. Fabulous authentic Italian food, fresh tasting ingredients, attentive waitstaff. Overall great for lunchSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014The staff were friendly, the service was prompt, and the food was delicious. This wasn't our first time here, and won't be our last. The worst part of the evening was having to limit my entree selection to only one item!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food and feelGeistfoodieDined on 8/28/2014This was our first visit and we found Iozzo's to be great dining experience. The food was awesome and they have all the charm of a great Italian eatery. It was like sharing a meal with relatives. Well worth the trip from the North side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service mehIndygirlDined on 8/28/2014Love the patio dining and the food was good. Many interesting wines. Server was OK, but not terribly personable. Maybe she was having a bad night, but we just found her humorless and a little annoyed when we asked questions.Special Features:
- Great place to eatDiscoveryDined on 8/27/2014The food and the service was outstanding! Our waitress Tracey suggested a great wine that went with everyone's meal. A good and convenient place to eat on the way to a downtown event.Special Features:
- BobbieDined on 8/27/2014We ate out doors on a beautiful evening and it was lovely. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food and fab presentationSuzanneVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food is excellent. Reminds us of the restaurants in NY. Great find.Special Features:
- Old world ItalianAngieDined on 8/26/2014We had a group of six in our party. Our service was good and the food was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014The quality of food of Iozzo's can't be matched by the big name, chain restaurants. I've sampled many items on the menu, and all are superb. When the weather is nice, sitting in the courtyard has the feel of Europe.Special Features:
- Great FoodBobfoodieDined on 8/25/2014We were seated right away and the service staff could not have been better. The food was cooked perfectly and everything was delicious! The restaurant was a bit on the hot side, like the air conditioning wasn't working well, but overall, what a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Genuine Italian Food!OmNomNomDined on 8/25/2014I was pleased to discover Iozzo's thanks to the Devour Downtown promotion going on in Indy. Everything was delicious and the service was outstanding. The history of the building was neat: seeing the giant pictures of the Iozzo family and our waitress explaining who they were (she was also a family member). I had the spinach salad, lobster ravioli, and cannolis for my dinner. Everything is fresh and made from scratch! The seafood definitely doesn't taste like what you normally get at some other restaurants. Our waitress said their supply is flown in and delivered daily. It makes a difference! It's a little further south from the hub of downtown, but it's well worth heading over there. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was outstandingDQueadDined on 8/24/2014Awesome cuisine, excellent service, a nice relaxed feel. I've already recommended to friends and am having dinner with a business associate there this evening.Special Features:
- NiceTknodDined on 8/23/2014Good service, great food, nice atmosphere. Reservation made and cashed in with no fuss. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary # 34IndyJeanDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant was packed, due to a Colts game. The bartender was fun to watch and very personable and informative. Our table waiter was a newbie to Iozzo's but he was extremely knowledgeable, attentive, and helpful. Instead of the $30 dinner special for that evening, we chose to order separately (the couple near our table ordered from the special menu and were extremely satisfied). We ordered Calamari for appetizer, andour dinners were Pork Osso Bucco and Chicken Parmegiana...both were served hot and very flavorful. Canoli for dessert were tasty but had too much cinnamon for me so our waiter brought Italian Spumoni which was delicious. My husband had creme brulee and loved it. Excellent restaurant. We go fairly often.Special Features:
- Never DisappointscathDined on 8/23/2014We've eaten at Iozzo's numerous times and many times we have taken others with us. No one has been disappointed with their meals or experience at this restaurant. I always look forward to going here and especially during devour downtown events when the menu changes and the prices go down. I like to try different meals and at a discounted price makes me more adventurous to try the new dishes. This is a fun, cozy and comfortable place to dine. I had the pork chops during this years devour and I am always amazed at how much food you get. 2 big pork chops, a nice helping of mashed Yukon gold potatoes and pan fried brussel sprouts, spinach salad and tiramisu finished the meal off. It was all delicious and a nice presentation too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Our family met for dinner on a Friday evening. The service was excellent, very knowledgable and friendly bartender and Iozzo's has the best Italian food in Indianapolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ctmmdDined on 8/21/2014always have a great time and experience. love the out door patio- feel like I am away from the city- the water fountain is soothing. love the music on the patio and in the winter the warm cozy interior. great parking and never too long a wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.