Iozzo's Garden of Italy
946 S. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46225Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Iozzo's Garden of Italy
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iozzos.com/
- Phone: (317) 974-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm- 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kathy Jones
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Jones 317-974-1100
- Entertainment: Live Music in Our Courtyard on the Following Dates in 2013
Wednesday June 5, 2013 - Jaden Street Jazz
Wednesday July 3, 2013 - Jaden Street Jazz
Saturday July 13, 2013 - Indy Nile
Wednesday August 7, 2013 - The Tides
Saturday August 17, 2013 - Indy Nile
Wednesday Septemper 4, 2013 - Jaden Street Jazz
- Special Events: Courtyard Opening Party Thursday May 16, 2013
A word from Iozzo's Garden of Italy
Originally established in 1930 Iozzo's Garden of Italy is the Newest Oldest Italian Restaurant in Indianapolis. The high quality menu features a mix of traditional Iozzo Family Italian fare along with a modern twist on Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Iozzo's Garden of Italy - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Iozzo's Garden of Italy reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (98)special occasion (90)fit for foodies (81)great for outdoor dining (73)romantic (72)notable wine list (45)good for groups (44)great for lunch (21)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Loved the restaurant and have recommended it.LafayetterealtorDined on 11/15/2014Planning to make a return visit hopefully in near futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let location fool you!kohlVIPDined on 11/14/2014If you're from Indianapolis you must already know of this great Italian restaurant. If you're from out-of-town and want to get away from the main tourist crowd in the downtown circle, then Iozzo's is the place for Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian cuisine at it best!ButchDined on 11/7/2014Absolutely a dining delight as it has been every time we have eaten there. The service was impeccable and the food, superb, especially the Veal Piccata I had, though the Lasagna and Chicken Pasta Diablo were also exceptionally tasty. For fabulous Italian "old country" food, you can't do better than Iozzo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2014So, I will definitely go back, but probably just for dessert and wine. Had a lunch meeting with co-workers, they loved the spaghetti and meatballs. I had the salmon Panini, and I have to say it was pretty gross. Not only was it soggy, it was lukewarm at best, as were the housemade fries. Soggy, soggy, soggy, and bland. The crème brulle was amazing! Service and atmosphere were beyond wonderful. I might give it another try.
- Close QuartersMikeODined on 11/1/2014We had another great meal at Iozzo's this past Saturday night. My one recurring complaint is that the tables are too close together. I felt crammed in, and had to move my chair so the adjacent table could leave. My daughter almost got hit in the head by a waiter clearing a table next to us. Not sure we will be back any time soon. I feel claustrophobic there. I think the restaurant either needs to expand, or remove some tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Check OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and I traveled to Indy recently for the Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon. We had been once to Indy prior and had heard of Iozzos from someone and had decided to check it out. We had the opportunity to sit outside for dinner and loved it! Needlesstosay, on our 2nd visit to Indy we made reservations again. The food is amazing - the lasagna is awesome with a red and alfredo sauce and definitely try the meatballs. I am typically not a fan of them but these are great! Service is awesome and I love the big band music (Frank Sinatra, Michael Buble) that is playing. Definitely check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemEwinders65Dined on 11/1/2014Iozzo's is tucked away in a less traveled area of Indy but is worth the trip. Great Italian fare with a nice atmosphere. I would highly recommend the Scallops and goat cheese appetizer. Everyone enjoyed their pasta dishes and the portions were generous. Pricing is reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceDrLarryDined on 10/31/2014Amazingly fast, friendly service. Excellent food. My party of two had limited tine to dine and they accommodated us very nice,y
- Fantastic!EatToRunDined on 10/31/2014I consider myself something of a (minor) connoisseur of local Italian restaurants owing to the fact that I run local marathons or half marathons on several times each year which require carb-loading. Of the Italian restaurants in the city of Indianapolis Iozzo's is one of my favorites (almost to the level of Mama Carolla's). We had reservations for four @ 7pm but two people bailed and we arrived at the restaurant 30mins early. The staff greeted us and promptly sat us despite the changes to our plans. Our waitress was friendly and welcoming. She quickly brought us drinks. Iozzo's offered a marathon special prix fixe menu; starter, salad, entree, and dessert. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to any carb-seeking runners!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2014Had a small work-related luncheon to celebrate an anniversary. Perfect locations and environment. Good selection for lunch. Awesome food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattyDined on 10/25/2014Our waitress was an Iozzo family member. She was great until it got crowded and then we were forgotten. We didn't get bread and the tomato dipping saucer as an appetizer. We were going to order dessert, but she never came back to the table until we were desperate for the check. We had symphony tickets and needed to leave. We love Iozzo's and I had picked this restaurant for the night. So, I was very dissapointed that our dining event ended the way it did. A good waiter or waitress and make or break an evening.Special Features:
- LOVE!!BeenThereAteThatDined on 10/19/2014This is a fantastic hidden gem in South Indianapolis. The food is to die for! The wait staff friendly and attentive. A MUST if you like Italian food!! Be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garden of Italy---superb!LisaDined on 10/18/2014We've been to Iozzo's three times now, eating in the bar and outside in their courtyard. The wait staff is knowledgeable of suggesting delectable wines and food! Everything is delicious and the environment is a lot of fun!Special Features:
- kimcalgarykimcalgaryDined on 10/15/2014This is a cozy restaurant that has a family run feel to it. The food fits the Italian location the owners come from. There were two larger parties in the restaurant when we were there but it still felt cozy and the open nature of the room allowed for the noise from the larger groups. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationErdieVIPDined on 10/14/2014We picked Iozzos to celebrate our 42nd anniversary. We could have had a better time! They brought us champagne right after we sat down. Five people on staff each congratulated us and chatted a bit. Our servers were helpful, friendly, responsive, and even funny. We sat in the back and enjoyed our semi-seclusion with lots of conversation-it is a great place to actually talk with your dinner conpanion(s). We got the calamari to start. They have the best breaded calamari in town. She had the Osso buco, which she attests is better at Iozzos than anywhere. I had the halibut special, which was incredibly delicious. We split three heaping scoops of spumomi for dessert and had to take Osso buco and ice cream home. We had a splendid evening.Special Features:
- Blown Away!ItaliaAmoreDined on 10/10/2014My family had never been to Iozzo's before, so we ate there to celebrate my birthday. Some friends of ours raved about it and I understand why now! The atmosphere was cozy and romantic, our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about our questions, and the food was incredible. I definitely recommend it :)Special Features:
- Happy recommendation.CraigDined on 10/8/2014Excellent place for foodies and to celebrate someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but would not go there againDianaDined on 10/5/2014Crab meat on the Filet Oscar was hard. 2 of us got the Filet Oscar and wish we had gotten the regular Filet. Dessert was good. Experience was ok but nothing special. No plans to dine here again in the future.
- Food great--- temp notbarbarapioVIPDined on 10/5/2014As always the food is fantastic but the temperature of the food was not hot. It wasn't just one item either. The soup was barely warm and the entrees the same. Don't know if it's a kitchen problem or a server problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Exceeded our expectations. My favorite italian place now hands down!! I will be recommending to anyone looking for a special dinner away from the world of chain food!Special Features:
- Impressivesmp715Dined on 10/4/2014I was very pleased with Iozzo's. The restaurant is beautiful, the service was amazing, and the food was great. From the moment we walked in the door, to the moment we left, each member of the staff made us feel welcome. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIVE STARS PLUSP2GNDined on 9/27/2014THIS IS OUR NEW "BEST ITALIAN IN THE AREA" RESTAURANT. OUTSTANDING FOOD AND SERVICE. ONLY PROBLEM - NOT ENOUGH OF IT. WE HAD A 10-15 MINUTE WAIT AT THE BAR FOR OUR TABLE, BUT THAT WASN'T BAD FOR A VERY BUSY SMALL RESTAURANT ON A SATURDAY NIGHT. 5 STARS PLUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to expectationsCmr6Dined on 9/27/2014My boyfriend and I had heard rave reviews about this place. From the second we walked in, the ambience seemed so cozy and romantic. Unfortunately there were not tables outside although it looked beautiful. However our waiter was very uncomfortable to the point of threatening to id us if we ordered wine. We are both 20 and had no intention of trying to order any. The bread was fabulous but our food was very sub par and the noodles were still a little hard.Special Features:
- Great restaurantgmabieDined on 9/27/2014This is our favorite Italian restaurant in Indianapolis. Great food, outstanding service, and very pleasant outdoor seating that reminds us of East coast eateries. Ideal for a romantic evening, but we had a great time there with the kids as well. You must try Iozzo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't find betterIndyFoodieDined on 9/27/2014Iozzo's serves excellent food - yummy, visually appealing, complex flavors - with friendly and attentive wait staff. Its casual atmosphere makes it quite pleasant and enjoyable. The Zo-Zo-Shrimp appetizer is outstanding. The fresh bread and herbed tomato that came without ordering, is fantastic. We both had the lobster ravioli - which was very good, but not as amazing as the other two dishes. Hands down the best Italian restaurant in Indy.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining!IndyBobDined on 9/27/2014Our dinner was outstanding! The Iozzo Garden of Italy is a hidden gem and we will soon return. Our server was Elizabeth Iozzo and she was friendly & very informative and helped to make this a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Italiano! Sweet Spot!LisaDined on 9/27/2014What a sweet spot Iozzo's Garden of Italy is! We've read about this place in the Indianapolis Monthly which is how we find our "sweet spots" in Indy on a regular basis. The calamari, wine and entrees were lovely as well as the garden patio. We cannot wait to make this place our favorite spot whether dining in the bar, dining room or outside during the nice spring, summer and fall months we've been having.Special Features:
- Hidden gemGary9113VIPDined on 9/26/2014This is our second time there. The food was awesome, service great and atmosphere very quaint. Just a real great experience. The lasagna with the red and white sauce is very good. My wife had the chicken pram and was very satisfied. We will continue going here. One of our favorite places.Special Features:
- New Favorite Italian ResturantthegoodrichwifeDined on 9/21/2014I made a reservation at Iozzo's for my mom's birthday dinner because I had heard her talk highly of it, though I had never been there myself. I was not expecting to be blown away like I was! Not only was the atmosphere so inviting, but the food was fantastic. We all took turns trying each others' food because nothing tasted less than incredible. Our server made us feel right at home; especially for my husband and I who had never been there before. We sat in the indoor dining area because it was a tad chilly out, but I was able to get a peek at the outdoor garden area and it looked so romantic. My husband and I both agree that we will be making Iozzo's Garden of Italy a date-night destination in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary party rocked!lpcremerDined on 9/20/2014The Iozzo's Anniversary party was excellent. We loved the entire evening from course to course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Live Music in the GardenyummyinmytummyDined on 9/17/2014I had a wonderful first experience at Iozzo's. A friend and I were seated in the gorgeous back patio area where there was a live acoustic set by musician Chad Mills. At the end of the evening the owner and her family ended up joining us to listen to music and tell stories. Great family, great food, great atmosphere, and great music. I would recommend this gem to anyone who loves authentic food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- good foodKurtDined on 9/17/2014food was good, service was helpful. Server was not sure of how fish was received (fresh or frozen), and had to check on how it was prepared. but overall a good experience sitting outside.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/13/2014Arranged dinner before a football game at Lucas Oil. The waiter was personable and the service was cordial. Food was very good as expected from this established Italian destination. Can't go wrong with a visit to Iozzo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJakeDined on 9/11/2014Family Run and everything is homemade. This place is the best Italian restaurant I have been too, not only in Indy but ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysWuttkeDined on 9/11/2014My yaya sisterhood has been going to Iozzos on Thursday nights for wine tasting for more than 2 years. We have never had bad service (Shane is our favorite), nor bad food. All around great experience! As someone who has traveled through Italy, it has the charm of a trattoria in the Tuscan hills.Special Features:
- Dessert disappointmentMcdiner1953Dined on 9/11/2014Overall we were very pleased with the restaurant. The food was great and the service was superb. The only problem was dessert. We ordered the special pineapple dessert but it was not special. The pineapple was sliced super thin, didn't have the pastry shell and no ice cream. It was discounted to $6 but wasn't worth even a $1. Very disappointing. It was our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDonaldDined on 9/10/2014We had a great time there. The food was wonderfula and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and atmosphere!EllaPDined on 9/6/2014Love the outside patio area! It's very quaint and peaceful. My sister and I shared a margherita pizza and it was fabulous as well as the side salads we got with our meal. The dipping sauce for the bread is wonderful! We were greeted when we came in the door, had a fantastic server, and acknowledged when we left as well. I will definitely be returning to try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- ReviewMickey2422Dined on 9/6/2014I thought it was a bit pricey for the portions but the food was overAll good. Also a little loud for a romantic date night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great timelasdaDined on 9/6/2014It was our first visit and we found the service to be great and the food even better!Special Features: