Iozzo's Garden of Italy
946 S. Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46225Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Iozzo's Garden of Italy
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.iozzos.com/
- Phone: 3179741100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm- 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kathy Jones
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Jones 317-974-1100
- Entertainment: Live Music in Our Courtyard on the Following Dates in 2013
Wednesday June 5, 2013 - Jaden Street Jazz
Wednesday July 3, 2013 - Jaden Street Jazz
Saturday July 13, 2013 - Indy Nile
Wednesday August 7, 2013 - The Tides
Saturday August 17, 2013 - Indy Nile
Wednesday Septemper 4, 2013 - Jaden Street Jazz
- Special Events: Courtyard Opening Party Thursday May 16, 2013
A word from Iozzo's Garden of Italy
Originally established in 1930 Iozzo's Garden of Italy is the Newest Oldest Italian Restaurant in Indianapolis. The high quality menu features a mix of traditional Iozzo Family Italian fare along with a modern twist on Italian dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Iozzo's Garden of Italy - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Iozzo's Garden of Italy reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (106)great for outdoor dining (94)special occasion (94)romantic (81)fit for foodies (70)notable wine list (51)good for groups (49)great for lunch (34)hot spot (12)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/13/2014Arranged dinner before a football game at Lucas Oil. The waiter was personable and the service was cordial. Food was very good as expected from this established Italian destination. Can't go wrong with a visit to Iozzo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJakeDined on 9/11/2014Family Run and everything is homemade. This place is the best Italian restaurant I have been too, not only in Indy but ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysWuttkeDined on 9/11/2014My yaya sisterhood has been going to Iozzos on Thursday nights for wine tasting for more than 2 years. We have never had bad service (Shane is our favorite), nor bad food. All around great experience! As someone who has traveled through Italy, it has the charm of a trattoria in the Tuscan hills.Special Features:
- Dessert disappointmentMcdiner1953Dined on 9/11/2014Overall we were very pleased with the restaurant. The food was great and the service was superb. The only problem was dessert. We ordered the special pineapple dessert but it was not special. The pineapple was sliced super thin, didn't have the pastry shell and no ice cream. It was discounted to $6 but wasn't worth even a $1. Very disappointing. It was our anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDonaldDined on 9/10/2014We had a great time there. The food was wonderfula and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and atmosphere!EllaPDined on 9/6/2014Love the outside patio area! It's very quaint and peaceful. My sister and I shared a margherita pizza and it was fabulous as well as the side salads we got with our meal. The dipping sauce for the bread is wonderful! We were greeted when we came in the door, had a fantastic server, and acknowledged when we left as well. I will definitely be returning to try other items on the menu.Special Features:
- ReviewMickey2422Dined on 9/6/2014I thought it was a bit pricey for the portions but the food was overAll good. Also a little loud for a romantic date night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great timelasdaDined on 9/6/2014It was our first visit and we found the service to be great and the food even better!Special Features:
- SuperSuzanneVIPDined on 8/30/2014Reminds me of the restaurants in NY. Food is always wonderful. Great specials, too.Special Features:
- Wonderful night!CoronaDined on 8/30/2014We love coming to Iozzo's, especially in the summer when we can dine in the courtyard! It is a wonderful place to go on a date or with a group, we have introduced many people to this great restaurant and will continue to do so! Phil was our server this time and he was on it! Much appreciated! The only draw back this time was that I ordered the fish of the day, simply grilled and it was very over cooked, dry and on the fishy side. So, maybe grilled is not the way to go with the fish, everything else was wonderful and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour Downtown Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Tried Iozzo's during Devour Downtown. Chose it due to the menu choices and we were not disappointed. Dined on their outside patio and it was a great evening and great food.Special Features:
- AnniversaryJEBMSBDined on 8/29/2014The service was very friendly. The food was delicious. The menu has a wide selection. Atmosphere was perfect to celebrate our 27th anniversarySpecial Features:
- Devour downtown menu!OpentablefriendVIPDined on 8/29/2014Amazing lunch Complete with cannoli. Fabulous authentic Italian food, fresh tasting ingredients, attentive waitstaff. Overall great for lunchSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014The staff were friendly, the service was prompt, and the food was delicious. This wasn't our first time here, and won't be our last. The worst part of the evening was having to limit my entree selection to only one item!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food and feelGeistfoodieDined on 8/28/2014This was our first visit and we found Iozzo's to be great dining experience. The food was awesome and they have all the charm of a great Italian eatery. It was like sharing a meal with relatives. Well worth the trip from the North side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, service mehIndygirlDined on 8/28/2014Love the patio dining and the food was good. Many interesting wines. Server was OK, but not terribly personable. Maybe she was having a bad night, but we just found her humorless and a little annoyed when we asked questions.Special Features:
- Great place to eatDiscoveryDined on 8/27/2014The food and the service was outstanding! Our waitress Tracey suggested a great wine that went with everyone's meal. A good and convenient place to eat on the way to a downtown event.Special Features:
- BobbieDined on 8/27/2014We ate out doors on a beautiful evening and it was lovely. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food and fab presentationSuzanneVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food is excellent. Reminds us of the restaurants in NY. Great find.Special Features:
- Old world ItalianAngieDined on 8/26/2014We had a group of six in our party. Our service was good and the food was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014The quality of food of Iozzo's can't be matched by the big name, chain restaurants. I've sampled many items on the menu, and all are superb. When the weather is nice, sitting in the courtyard has the feel of Europe.Special Features:
- Great FoodBobfoodieDined on 8/25/2014We were seated right away and the service staff could not have been better. The food was cooked perfectly and everything was delicious! The restaurant was a bit on the hot side, like the air conditioning wasn't working well, but overall, what a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Genuine Italian Food!OmNomNomDined on 8/25/2014I was pleased to discover Iozzo's thanks to the Devour Downtown promotion going on in Indy. Everything was delicious and the service was outstanding. The history of the building was neat: seeing the giant pictures of the Iozzo family and our waitress explaining who they were (she was also a family member). I had the spinach salad, lobster ravioli, and cannolis for my dinner. Everything is fresh and made from scratch! The seafood definitely doesn't taste like what you normally get at some other restaurants. Our waitress said their supply is flown in and delivered daily. It makes a difference! It's a little further south from the hub of downtown, but it's well worth heading over there. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was outstandingDQueadDined on 8/24/2014Awesome cuisine, excellent service, a nice relaxed feel. I've already recommended to friends and am having dinner with a business associate there this evening.Special Features:
- NiceTknodDined on 8/23/2014Good service, great food, nice atmosphere. Reservation made and cashed in with no fuss. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary # 34IndyJeanDined on 8/23/2014The restaurant was packed, due to a Colts game. The bartender was fun to watch and very personable and informative. Our table waiter was a newbie to Iozzo's but he was extremely knowledgeable, attentive, and helpful. Instead of the $30 dinner special for that evening, we chose to order separately (the couple near our table ordered from the special menu and were extremely satisfied). We ordered Calamari for appetizer, andour dinners were Pork Osso Bucco and Chicken Parmegiana...both were served hot and very flavorful. Canoli for dessert were tasty but had too much cinnamon for me so our waiter brought Italian Spumoni which was delicious. My husband had creme brulee and loved it. Excellent restaurant. We go fairly often.Special Features:
- Never DisappointscathDined on 8/23/2014We've eaten at Iozzo's numerous times and many times we have taken others with us. No one has been disappointed with their meals or experience at this restaurant. I always look forward to going here and especially during devour downtown events when the menu changes and the prices go down. I like to try different meals and at a discounted price makes me more adventurous to try the new dishes. This is a fun, cozy and comfortable place to dine. I had the pork chops during this years devour and I am always amazed at how much food you get. 2 big pork chops, a nice helping of mashed Yukon gold potatoes and pan fried brussel sprouts, spinach salad and tiramisu finished the meal off. It was all delicious and a nice presentation too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Our family met for dinner on a Friday evening. The service was excellent, very knowledgable and friendly bartender and Iozzo's has the best Italian food in Indianapolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ctmmdDined on 8/21/2014always have a great time and experience. love the out door patio- feel like I am away from the city- the water fountain is soothing. love the music on the patio and in the winter the warm cozy interior. great parking and never too long a wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!HospitableHoosierDined on 8/19/2014The bartender and servers are tops. We enjoyed wonderful cocktails in the bar. Our dinner server was attentive and knowledgeable. Our entrees were well-prepared and high quality. The wine list is deep enough, but not pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightJarRoDined on 8/15/2014Great place for a date night. Staff was friendly, informative, and great all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful outdoor diningDonaldDined on 8/13/2014The four of us had a wonderful time. The food was delicious we all had the iozzo's filet which was fabulous. The waiter was attentive, but not over bearing. We ate outside. The music was a little loud for trying to have some quiet dining for our group which made it difficult to hear. But overall a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Best fresh fine Italian in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The food is fresh and well prepared and the staff is attentive. Sometimes they are BUSY, which speaks to their popularity; a wait might be longer than you would hope, but that's an exception. LOVE the patio and membership in the wine club is a nice perk, ALSO love the 1/2 off glasses of wine on Wednesdays. The specials are always good, and if you want something you've had in the past that isn't currently on the menu they will try to fix it if they can. Great food and special cocktails, interesting wines, decent desserts. Nice people. Its a little cramped sometimes and sometimes the entertainment on the Patio is louder than you'd like to carry on conversation at dinner. Bar seating is good and comfortable. One of my favorite places!Special Features:
- Great Birthday SpotJK64Dined on 8/10/2014I met my family here to celebrate my birthday and in spite threatening rain we had a wonderful time on the patio. I love the ambience of the courtyard patio with the rough pavers and old, brick walls. The food is great and the service was attentive. I always enjoy the wine specials and this occasion was no exception.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We went here for my husband, Greg's, birthday. I loves the atmosphere and the food was spectacular! I'll go back specifically for the lasagna!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once one of my favorites in Indy?MikalDined on 8/5/2014Might have been an off night? I usually visit at least twice a year. Not the best experience this time. The eggplant meatballs are a great starter. The tomatoes on the caprise, not so much. I love the pasta and meatballs, enough to take away. Adam, our server was the best but what can he do with a slow kitchen? Two hours was more than I wanted to spend on dinner and this place is not cheap. A compted cocktail would have been nice. I will try again, but after that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annivesary DinnerGatorDined on 8/4/2014When searching for a place for our anniversary dinner and wanting Italian, when the search field brought up this restaurant and I read the reviews, we had to try it. Great atmosphere, our waitress really knew her stuff and the value for what we received, I feel was real great. Her recommendations were spot on and when our appetizer failed to show, she/they stepped up with a couple of deserts on the house. I would highly recommend it to couples, especially for a " date night " place for those of us who have been married for awhile. It was relaxing and a quiet conversation could be enjoyed.Special Features:
- High recommendationsReneeDined on 8/2/2014Iozzo's is a perfect spot when you want fabulous Italian food with variety and great service. I have never had a poor experience there and this visit for my mother's birthday was no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indy Italian classicdiabindyDined on 7/30/2014Crowded on a Wednesday evening for 7PM reservations. Had to wait 30 minutes for a table to open up, but enjoyed half price glasses of wine at the bar. The manager sent us a nice appetizer for our wait. Two of us had the the generous lasagne dish which comes with two kinds of sauces (white and red). The server suggested adding meatballs to this all cheese item and they were delicious. Good luck trying to finish the whole portion. I suggest eating half and taking home the other half. My wife had the lobster ravioli, which was worth the higher price ($30). The only mild complaint is the pasta was smothered with sauce. Would have preferred less sauce on both dishes. The house salad was simple, light and tasty. No room for dessert this trip.Special Features:
- Love teh PlaceTECHDined on 7/30/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. I always try to take clients from out of town there to provide a little of Italy in Indianapolis.Special Features: