912 Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard
Portland, OR 97214Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ioriorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5034454716
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christopher R Thompson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Hilary Benson 5034454716
A word from Iorio Restaurant
EST 2005 Traditional, homestyle Italian food. Named BEST RESTAURANT 2010. Chef/owned and operated by Hilary & Chris Thompson.Continued
The Oregonian: a destination for home-style southern Italian cooking.
10best.com: Welcome to heaven.
Vanguard: Truly extraordinary food.
The Oregonian: a destination for home-style southern Italian cooking.
10best.com: Welcome to heaven.
Vanguard: Truly extraordinary food.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Iorio Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Southeast Portland ›
Iorio Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)neighborhood gem (84)special occasion (83)romantic (55)good for groups (33)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (11)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014My sister was in town from SF and took my daughter to dinner for a special night out. Both were very impressed with the waitress, who without asking brought a size of gorgonzola with my daughter's pasta (after repeating the special w/ the cheese). This is now her favorite restaurant. The food was delicious, the service top notch, and the extra attentiveness superb!Special Features:
- FabuloususuallydonotleavereviewsDined on 10/11/2014Food was great, place was busy, we got the wonderful seat by the window to celebrate our special occasion.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Wanted a little taste of Italy and discover Iorio on Opentable. Food portions are generous and delicious. Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Not RecommendfoodieDined on 10/1/2014I'm sorry to say this restaurant did not live up to the rave reviews it has received previously. The food was bland and the service was very poor. It was not busy. I think the staff just wanted to go home.
- Outstanding diningEliPBDined on 10/1/2014We have eaten here several times, and it is consistently excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently good!AllayDined on 10/1/2014I have been meaning to write a note on yelp too. The food is always good, service is always great and their burger during happy hour is the best in town. And they have great gluten free options. The most tasty gluten free pasta I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian foodieItalianEatsDined on 9/27/2014The server provided good attention to our needs. Food was piping hot and flavorful. Price reasonable for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Gem in PDXpdxfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Having grown up in Chicago, Italian food in Portland has lacked for many years. Iorio is finally a place with well done Italian neighborhood food. Cioppino was better than the most recent one I had in San Francisco! The waitress was very solid on the food and wines and what the best pairing was. I plan to make a return.Special Features:
- ExcellentDaBaumDined on 9/27/2014Delicious food, wonderful wine pairing, great service. Very pleased. Ordered seafood stew. The mussles melted in my mouth. You could almost eat this stew with a fork. In fact, i did. Homemade cannoli. Cant wait to return for the lamb, or the brown rice risotto, or the eggplant parm, or the handmade ravioili, or the gelato, etc. etc.Special Features:
- ToniDined on 9/26/2014Wonderful, as usual. A gem in Portland for sure!Special Features:
- So yummygnocchiDined on 9/25/2014We had a great time at Iorio. Our party of 4 all ordered different entrees and each were delicious. I was dreaming of fluffy gnocchi that night!Special Features:
- pasta lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I thought the house made ravioli was too thick and the dish had too much sauce on it. Service was excellent, portions were ample, but I make better pasta at home so I was disappointed.
- Delicious!luv2dine2Dined on 9/21/2014Our meal was fantastic. Great Italian at a great price!!Special Features:
- great food!willbikeforbeerDined on 9/21/2014Amazing food, great service, excellent all around. We even got a text from them to remind us that a credit card was left in the folio so we needed to go back to get it! Will go againSpecial Features:
- Exceeded our expectations!PDXsteveDined on 9/20/2014Excellent food and service, plus gluten free options!Special Features:
- Iorio rocksyoginimomDined on 9/19/2014Iorio and it's staff always amazes us. They have a great menu and they're gluten free options make me feel like I'm not getting short changed. Thanks Iorio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service!moresaladaDined on 9/18/2014Wonderful menu selection and the food was excellent! Our server Melissa was by far one of the most professional, friendly and courteous individuals we have ever had cater to us at a fine dining establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd Thursday/aka @nd Sunday club.2ndSundayDined on 9/18/2014Great food, attractively served in a timely manner. Superb house made Italian style pasta dishes. Amazing desert tray. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Add in the excellent service by Kevin, (our waiter) and consideration for one of us with food allergies, equals a fabulous dinning event. Parking on the street was easy and plentiful.Special Features:
- wonderful foodpurpleloriDined on 9/14/2014We came to Iorio for our wedding anniversary. What a wonderful way to celebrate. The food was amazing, and the service spot on. We will definitely go again. (It was a bit loud, but it's a small space, so was to be expected.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!bgwagsVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had another wonderfully delicious meal at Iorio! We introduced two friends to our favorite Italian restaurant and they enjoyed it also. As always, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Date with my daughterStylistgirlDined on 9/12/2014My daughter and I love Iorio. She is 13 and it's her favorite restaurant. I got my usual favorite dish and she got the gnocchi special which was amazing!! Great wine by the glass and consistently great good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBradyMoonDined on 9/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary here last week. The service was great and very friendly but most of all the food was great. Also the drinks were solid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dinnermikeseatsDined on 9/5/2014Our dinner experience at Iorio was excellent. When we arrived we were seated immediately. Table spacing is excellent, you are not so close to the adjoining table, I found this to make our dining experience better. We started off with the house Prosseco and Calamari based on previous reviews, it was a great choice. The salads and Entrees were both outstanding, the Lamb Ragout was fantastic, I loved the tanginess the olives added. Service was attentive without being intrusive. The one issue I can see with Iorio is parking, it is all on street, in an area of parking congestion. That said, I would not let that affect our decision to return, we'll just be prepared. We will be back sooner rather than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food's gone saltyMarykaVIPDined on 9/5/2014The service and ambience were, as always, great. We've dined there on special occasions quite a bit over last two years. It's a shame to ruin such carefully thought-out and nicely prepared items with too much salt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama mia!epicuriousDined on 9/4/2014I had the Casarecci pasta and clams - manila clams with kale in a spicy garlic cream sauce, and it was heavenly, every bite a recurring revelation. If you've been to Italy, you know the wonder of experiencing untold dimensions of flavor coming from what seems to be utter simplicity. I have had some great Italian food outside of Italy, but it rarely exhibits that quality. This did. Epic is a word bandied about too much, but I would apply it only to this and a few other dishes I have ever had in a restaurant in my 65 years. Kudos to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in PortlandbgwagsVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love Iorio! The food is delicious and prepared with love. The owner and chef, Chris, always comes to the tables and speaks to his guests. We look forward to seeing him. We can't say enough good things about this gem of a restaurant. At our last visit we brought a friend with us. She is attending a local culinary school. She is also a food blogger. She adored the food and really enjoyed meeting Chris. The last thing she said to us when we took her home was "You have made me very happy. Thank you for introducing me to Iorio!" We always look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Amazing Italian food, been here's several times and it's consistently great. My only complaint is I wish they'd give some complimentary bread, it just seems wrong with spaghetti to not have some!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IorioEOAmericaDined on 8/28/2014We had a lovely evening at Iorio. The service was impeccable. The food was good, though I would have preferred things to be a bit more highly seasoned. For example, the spicy meatballs were anything but spicy. That being said, they were absolutely, mouth-wateringly delicious. The only real drawback was that we were a large group and the restaurant was sufficiently loud that we were pretty well reduced to shouting at each other to be heard. Then again, I freely confess that I am extremely sensitive to noisy restaurants. We'll be back--but with a smaller group so we can actually have a conversation!Special Features:
- Simply Fantastic!luvgoodwineDined on 8/27/2014First time at Iorio...the menu does not lie, best calamari in Portland! We also had the focaccia and squash spread...to die for. Went well with the house prosecco. Our server was fabulous and attentive even though it was busy, and they got us out in time to catch our comedy show. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite Oasis in the cityGFgirlDined on 8/27/2014Iorio continues to be a friendly, warm, get-a-way dining experience. Our food was, as always, delicious and pleasing. Several of us have food allergies and the Iorio kitchen and bar can handle us with great options! We confidently share this experience with our friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on the SE PortlandMrSeattle1Dined on 8/23/2014Iorio, once again, was the hit of the night on my birthday celebration. This restaurant continues to be on the top 3 on my list. The food is of excellent quality and the service is outstanding. Please continue like that and never allow it to go down.Special Features:
- worldtravelerDined on 8/23/2014The experience was very pleasant. The food was fresh, delicious and served hot which just the way we like it and is hard to find in many restaurants. The service was wonderful and we will definitely return again and again:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian, the Right Way2muchgoodfoodDined on 8/23/2014Fresh ingredients flavored wonderfully. Four people in our party enjoying appetizers, main course, and dessert. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not disappointoutnaroundDined on 8/22/2014Consistently meets my expectations. Waitstaff attentive, meals delicious and a good value, gluten free options continually expanding and delicious. Owner checking on his customers experience, priceless. Chris and Hillary are doing it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite!NanaRDined on 8/21/2014Chef Chris consistently turns out yummy fresh dishes. Especially like that he has a variety of gluten free items including pasta. The highlight of the dinner is when he comes out and spends time with your dinner party in conversation. A little noisy but overall so worth it, highly recommend IrioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisingacarrDined on 8/20/2014I especially enjoyed the gnocchi and the many options for varying dietary needs. I was very surprised, though, by the lack of attention from the server, as well as the blase attitude on a slow night. Great service goes a long way toward making or breaking a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect OverallcatsicatDined on 8/20/2014I made a reservation here with my boyfriend for our anniversary, and we were not disappointed. I asked for a table in a quiet spot and they gave us the cutest corner table with a windowseat. The food was amazing, the ravioli of the day was butternut squash. The texture was perfect and the sauce was silky and creamy. Our server as very attentive, I can't wait to come back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerjoeknows2013Dined on 8/17/2014Went to Iorio for our anniversary last Sunday. We got one of the romantic window seats, which are very popular. They had a fellow playing the guitar, which helped provide a very romantic and special vibe. We started with a salad we split, which we recommend, of butter lettuce, a light lemon dressing, assiago cheese and fried onion strings. Our server recommended we eat it like a lettuce wrap, which was fun and different. It was delicious! My wife ordered the seafood special, which included salmon, shrimp, some delicious kale and mashed potatoes. Unfortunately, the salmon was a bit dry and did not have much flavor, but the rest of the dish was good. I had the lamb rague over fettucini, a very hearty and generous dish.Special Features:
- impeccable food experiencefmlaDined on 8/17/2014The gnocchi is the best I've ever eaten. Likewise, the calamari app was perfect. I have spent most of my life surrounded by chefs. So often I am disappointed when dining out, because my food experiences are so great at home with family and friends. The pasta dish with manila clams and kale was delicious. The chicken ravioli dish was rated top notch by my party. The fresh salmon was seared and served stacked on several large prawns, fresh asparagus, and topped with crispy leek straws; a presentation that wowed all of us. Again, perfectly prepared and moist. There was a live guitarist playing in the background. We will return to this newly found restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlexibleLiLuDined on 8/14/2014They are always great working with diners who haved food allergies! If you make an OpenTable reservation, be sure to mention the allergies on your comments, and they'll be prepared with options for you! :-) And the food is always very tasty!Special Features: