107-2515 90 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2V 0L8Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.involtini.ca/
- Phone: 4032812482x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open Everyday at 5:00PM except closed SUNDAYS UNTIL END OF OCTOBER 31,2013
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jamie Lynn Kingsmith
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Delivery, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer on and off site catering. Please contact Gerry at 403-281-2482.
- Private Party Facilities: A separate dining area is available to host your party of up to 45 guests or if you wish the whole restaurant can be booked for up to 85 guests. We can design a special menu for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Gerry 4032812482x
- Special Events: MOONSHINE MONDAY - Every Monday bring your own bottle of wine to enjoy with your dinner and we will open, pour and serve it at NO CHARGE. On other days you can bring your own wine with a nominal corkage fee in effect.
A word from Involtini Ristorante
Involtini is a family owned operation located in a quiet corner of Oakridge. Northern Italian inspired cuisine is offered with a distinctive modern flair. Upon entering the foyer, the Murano glass chandelier gleams off the pressed tin ceiling and sets the relaxed casual atmosphere of the dining room which has been dressed in black and white checker table cloths creating a comfortable old world charm. The food is fresh and simple and full of flavor. Whether it is the daily seafood feature, veal, chicken, beef, pasta or pizza, our menu caters to your taste. Our wine selection is distinctive to JWebb Wine Merchant and we do offer Bring Your Own Wine for a nominal corkage fee. No charge for this service on Mondays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Involtini Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2013When I called for a reservation, I was told it was very busy and could only get in at 6:30 p.m.. (would have preferred a little later). We found it extremely dark in the main section so were told we could be in the back section. We were given the back table right next to the door that the servers use and clear view of the server door for the Pizza joint. That, was not pleasant. Originally told we could have a nice table in the main section. The main food items were hot and delicious, but all of our vegetables were cold and obviously had been made in advance. The restaurant was not full and it took forever for our food to appear. The waiter apologized once for the delay. We'll give it one more try and hope this review changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedRottoDined on 9/21/2013I had a steak special. I had asked specifically if the dish had cheese on it (being an Italian restaurant, they do have a penchant for putting cheese on things). I was clearly told that it did not. When our dinners arrived I was told that mine was coming a bit late as there was in fact cheese on it and they had to re-do. Then the waiter came out and asked what my allergic reaction would be if I had the cheese and I told him that I have a throat constriction happen. Well that did not seem to daunt them as you could clearly tell that they simply tried to scrape the cheese off. While I did not have a reaction, my steak clearly tasted of cheese. In addition, Calamari was undercooked and was overpowered by the cornmeal flour. Couldn't taste it.
- Fabulous food, good priceDigginDiningDined on 9/21/2013My husband and I visited this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary since it's walking distance from our house. It truly is a neighborhood gem! I had the Beef Involtini which was thin cuts of beef tenderloin wrapped around mushrooms and blue cheese. The meat was melt-in-your-mouth tender and was beautiful with the blue cheese. It was a nice serving size and was only $26! The meal was served with roasted potatoes, asparagus, and a slice of beet. All were cooked and seasoned perfectly. For dessert, we had the flourless chocolate torte. It was brownie-like base with a rich mousse and a lattice of raspberry coulis and white chocolate. It was decadent! We're already making plans to dine there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favoritedmjk00Dined on 9/14/2013This restaurant is our favorite for family special occasions. Amazing food, amazing service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End of a great day windupsociableDined on 9/10/2013Took some friends after a wonderful day of golfing to a quaint little place where we know the food and service is superb. We were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at decent price.FrenchyDined on 8/9/2013Great food at decent price. The feature that I had (salmon with veggies) was really good. No mention of gluten free items on the menu but they are able to accomodate, just need to mention it to the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013We went to this restaurant to try the involtinis, which was a meal my mom used to make. The restaurant is nicely decorated. Service was friendly but I have to say very slow, took a long time to get our orders and food, good we had some bread in the meantime and we were not in a rush. The food taste was OK, but the involtinis were overdone. The original basic italian involtinis is a simple meat with ham or prosciutto with some basil and parmesan cheese and tomato marinade. I ordered the beef with portobella mushroom and blue cheese. Had a thick peppercorn sauce on top. Flavour was ok, but it was a weird combination. Didn't like the sides, a red pepper, a beet, a potato and a broccoli. We didn't try the pasta, maybe there was a better option
- ALWAYS A PLEASUREOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2013I have never been disappointed with a meal from Involtini. I love Murray's firecracker prawns and have a hard time ordering anything else. I am from out of town and work in Calgary a couple of weeks a month. This is my go to place if I want to take someone to impress them. This could not be considered a budget restaurant by any means you always get good value for your money. The waiters are always very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CONSISTENTLY GREAT SERVICE AND FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2013What a wonderful restaurant. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The food delicious and not the same as other Italian restaurants. Always a treat to dine there. A great place for date night and perfect for a night out with friends and/or family. Has a comfortable Old World Charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great place...cannuckVIPDined on 7/5/2013Food good as always, but the service outstanding as always. Gerry and Tammy make you feel like you are the only people in the place, no matter how hectic it gets..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu is getting a little tired.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013Involtini is a lovely little neighbourhood restaurant. They menu, however, has not changed in years. We keep going there, even though as vegetarians, we find the menu a little challenging. We know that's the reality of being vegetarian and accept that. We were reviewing our experience with a neighbour when she said while she liked Involtini, she found it was becoming a little tired and I thought exactly, that is what I have been feeling lately. Service is always good, although I do find the owners tend to overly favour people they know, which can be off putting if you are not being given the same level of service. What they do, they do well, but sprucing up the menu occasionally would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABOVE AVERAGEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2013Excellent service and very good food. Relaxing surroundings. A memorable experience and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre, somewhat disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/27/2013Mediocre, somewhat disappointing. The service was great, but the ambience was really dated and cold. We were told they were known for their 'sauces', but the basic tomato sauce/marinara was heavy, very garlicky, and overwhelming. I ordered meatballs, and was asked by the server if I was ok with them 'being dry right now' - ???? If they know their meatballs are dry, why are they serving them? I tried them anyway. He was right, they were dry. And bland. Overall, would not rush back.
- Great for the NeighborhoodDuchyDined on 5/24/2013The staff at Involtini's are always most accommodating. We had another pleasurable evening at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor service, we bookedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2013Very poor service, we booked a later reservation and felt very rushed and service was awkward and poor at best.
- another great dining experiencecannuckVIPDined on 5/16/2013As always, the food was great. We called at the last minute, just wanting to have a great meal, in a relaxed atmosphere, with terrific service. Gerry and Tammy are both professional, and make you feel "at home". We had the involtini, my wife the chicken with large shrimp, and I had the veal involtiniSpecial Features:
- Always a great experience!kadeshDined on 5/10/2013Involtinin is consistently good and has been for many years. The dedication of the staff is obvious and the experience is a warm and welcoming one. The food is always delicious, perfectly hot and great portion size. I would highly recommend a trip to Oakridge to experience this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favourite locationscannuckVIPDined on 5/2/2013We have gone to Involtini ever since it opened. The combination of good food and warm, attentive service, particularly by Gerry and Tammie, the owners, makes this our most frequented restaurant. Their effort to make every experience memorable shines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnificant!CarolinaDined on 4/29/2013It was our first time there ,the service was fast and efficient,the food was delicious..the ambience was good..its a little dated,needs a little reno to freshen it up...but all in all I would recommend going for a visit ....and you cant go wrong with fresh Gelato!!! ... I would give it 3 3/4 stars ***Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were treated very wellOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013We were treated very well from the moment we arrived. It was my husband's birthday, and the quiet acknowledgment by the restaurant was very much appreciated. Service was prompt, food arrvied piping hot. A very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Good food , service was good.CarmneDined on 4/11/2013Good food , service was good. Great neighborhood spotSpecial Features:
- Was my first time here andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Was my first time here and I was very happy with the overall experience. The food was very tasty, hot and large portions. Try the calamari, it's unique!!! Service was attentive and our server was great at making recommendations and answering our questions. We will be back!Special Features:
- We will returngr8ctzVIPDined on 4/4/2013This was our first visit to Involtini as a couple and we enjoyed every minute. The service is attentive and personal without being intrusive. We both had specials - one salmon and one veal - and they were superb. This is such a nice quiet spot and we plan to return often.Special Features:
- heartfeltOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013Excellent people as always, very intriguing and professional atmosphere. Very welcomingSpecial Features:
- We will definitely considerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013We will definitely consider this dinner spot again when we plan our next few outings.The food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- A great neighbourhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2013We had not been there for a couple of years. Service is still great. The new lay out is a definite improvement. We each had a different special. My husband was delighted with his, I though my fish was overcooked, a little chewy in spots. Great presentation and taste.Special Features:
- Diamond in the rough!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2013Awesome place in an unnoticeable street mall. They have the best Risotto in Calgary!!Special Features:
- Relaxed, wonderful food, andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/19/2013Relaxed, wonderful food, and service. Great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2013This was our second visit to Involtini Restaurante and we enjoyed it just as much as the first time. Service was attentive, food was delicious and the restaurant has a very nice ambience. We will return and will recommend to others.Special Features:
- Don't sit in south sectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013Don't sit in south section of the restaurant it is cramped, dark and noisy. For the price point the food was pretty average and a bit on the salty side. There are better Italian restaurants.
- The service was a little rough.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013The service was a little rough. The young kid was quite nervous and almost spilled my wine when grating the cheese. The main waiter was ok, he just kept trying to take our bread away even though we were still nibbling on it. The food was great. Everything we had had great flavour. I would recomment this restaurant if you like Italian food and I will go back.Special Features:
- For the price, the food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2013For the price, the food and service were just average; same cost as a place like the Redwater Grill where food and service are generally exceptional.
- The contemporary Italian foodZekeDined on 2/16/2013The contemporary Italian food was excellent and unique. The appetizer was unique and our entrees were well prepared. Our server was very friendly and took our order promptly. The food came out quickly, even though the restaurant was mostly full. I would definitely go here again.Special Features:
- We had never even heard ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013We had never even heard of Involtini so we thought we would give it a try. We had some delicious baked Brie as an appetizer. It was outstanding. Our server, (I can't believe I forgot her name) was fantastic. She was just a young girl, perhaps her first serving job, and she did it well. My boyfriend and I are both ex-servers and we thought she did an amazing job. All our food was delicious, however, my food tasted a lot like liquid smoke, and this flavour permeated all my dishes. Other than that, everything was just perfect.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013The food was excellent and it is a nice little cosy place.Special Features:
- A special spot for two...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Valentines' could not have gone better! Though the service was a tad slow, it was understandable given the day it was. :) Keep up the amazing food and all that!Special Features:
- Not a vast array of itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Not a vast array of items on the menu to choose from if you didn't like seafood or mushrooms. Hot appetizers were prepared beforehand so were very dry. Mains were very overcooked and risotto was soupy and mushy. Unimpressed with the food. Service was okay but as it was very busy, we sat in the restaurant for 2 hours and still had to go home to eat after. Will not return and highly recommend NOT going to this restaurant.
- We had a very enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2013We had a very enjoyable evening at Involtini's Restaurant. The service was excellent and the food was well prepared and tasted delicious. The menu is extensive including fish, shellfish, steak, chicken, pork, pasta and risotto. Nice ambience. Would definitely recommend and will return.Special Features:
- We love love love Involtini!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/6/2013We love love love Involtini! Both the food and service never disappoint!Special Features:
- delicious and flavorful..& ambienceMMMDDined on 1/26/2013You drive up to a strip mall, enter the little entrance...walk in through the double doors and you are transported to a little bit of culinary heaven. There are two rooms ..you wouldn't even know the other room existed....when you are at your table, it is as if you are at your own dining table...there are no people crowded on top of you. The tables are spaced perfectly to give you the privacy you need...good for friends trying to converse, great for couples having a romantic dinner. The ambience is perfect...low light not dark, quiet not silent.... And then the menu...varied and each description is enticing and salivatory.. difficult to choose as each one sounds better than the next..and they are..fish, steak, chicken, pasta, risotto...yumSpecial Features: