Intertwined Bistro & Wine Bar
113 E. Grand Ave
Escondido, CA 92025Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Intertwined Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.intertwinedbistro.com/
- Phone: 7604329839x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm;
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Boyd N Kerr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Intertwined Bistro & Wine Bar
Welcome to Intertwined!!!Continued
Intertwined offers an Eclectic mix of seasonal fresh ingredients to satisfy any palate served in a relaxed fun atmosphere.
Intertwined offers an Eclectic mix of seasonal fresh ingredients to satisfy any palate served in a relaxed fun atmosphere.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Intertwined Bistro & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Escondido ›
Intertwined Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)special occasion (26)romantic (21)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (19)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Expectations were too HighOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014My fiancée and I dined at Intertwined for the 1st time on my birthday, August 20th. I've read favorable reviews, which made my expectations too high. I work in a fine dining restaurant and try not to be too critical when I'm being served instead of doing the serving, but I couldn't help myself this evening. It was our young servers last night he was friendly enough, just inexperienced and it showed with his service. A restaurant with "wine" in the name should be able to provide proper basic wine service, it did not. Dinners were served before we were finished with appetizers and no acknowledgement of my birthday, even though it was noted in the reservation. The food was very enjoyable and with lower expectations I will give it a 2nd chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD SEND OFFlornDined on 8/15/2014Took my family to dinner as my daughter was off to college in the am. Dinner amidst the Friday car scene in Escondido was great, food and ambiance were terrific, service was good, and the price is rightSpecial Features:
- Great food and great service!jhlsdDined on 8/8/2014Once again we had a great experience at this restaurant - great food and service. Out of town relatives visited and they loved it There is plenty of variety with the menu and everyone was pleased to find something to their liking. I had the special - an Ahi tuna steak. It was a great piece of fish prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth another visitPekiVIPDined on 7/30/2014We were dining here for the first time a few weeks ago. Everyone in our party got beer, and an entree" We tried the salmon, the mahi, the porkchop and the bowtie pasta. All wonderful! I took a girlfriend to dinner there tonight. She had the arugula flatbread- awesome!!! I got the pasta again-as good as I remember. Only downer, is they kept asking my friend if she wanted more ice tea-and then charged me for each one she got. $7.50 for 3 ice teas is gouging!Special Features:
- DawnDined on 7/19/2014We eat here regularly and really enjoyed the changes in soups and salads. I had the stuffed chicken and it was excellent . My husband had the pork chop,which he really enjoys. Too full to have dessert!Special Features:
- Great food and great service!jhlsdDined on 7/15/2014Intertwined is a favorite for dinner with family and friends, both local and visiting. The food and service are always both excellent. The menu offers a variety of items that suits everyone's tastes. The dishes are interesting and well prepared. There is a nice offering of wines to compliment the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good flavorsCraigJDined on 7/4/2014This is the second time we've dined at Intertwined. On both occasions I ordered a beef entree, center cut sirloin first time and tri-tip special most recently. While the flavors were very good, both were tough. It seemed to be the cuts of meat and not preparation so could be easily remedied. The salmon and pork were excellent as were the appetizers and dessert. Overall, everything aside from the beef entrees have been great, including service.Special Features:
- Always Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Intertwined is always a great meal. Its reasonably priced and they don't gouge you on the wine prices like most restaurants.Special Features:
- Great DinnerMindyDined on 6/27/2014Great meal!! Cheese platter was excellent! Salmon was fantastic! Crab/Mango Tower was Yummy!Special Features:
- ExcellentFinediner1Dined on 6/20/2014We have been to Intertwined numerous times for lunch but this was our first time for dinner. We ordered the Mac and cheese, flat bread with pears, arugula and delicious cheese and the pasta with sausage, sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms. Everything we had was so delicious. The service was wonderful, the staff awesome. We will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for dinnerDawnDined on 6/7/2014We had a wonderful dinner ! The food was so fresh- just awesome. We especially liked the flavors in the salad intermingled . We had salmon and the pork chop - oh so good !Special Features:
- A Find in EscondidoprofdollarDined on 6/6/2014Comfort food with a bit of a twist to elevate it enough to make it a worth while find. Great service with a casual, yet upscale ambiance. Do not miss out on the grilled artichoke with balsamic reduction -- a great way to start the meal.Special Features:
- What did you say?WallheaterDined on 5/31/2014The noise level is not so much loud but just unmuffled. I had a difficult time hearing my waiters' "house specials" and he could not hear my order without repeating. Otherwise, a very nice meal and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative food and beveragesHobartDined on 5/30/2014The selection of specials here rivals any 5 star restaurant. The small plates and regular items make it simple to put together a scrumptious meal, no matter how large or small your appetite. Good selection of drinkable wines without the unconscionable prices many restaurants try to charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night !BlackwaterduckDined on 5/30/2014Phenomenal service, food and ambiance ! Curt was great and saved us a table near the windows so we could see Cruzin' on Grand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal!jhlsdDined on 5/30/2014The food at this restaurant is always great. The dishes are interesting and the variety is great to suit all tastes. Our table had the center cut sirloin, stuffed chicken, and skirt steak special. All were prepared to perfection and everyone went home happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightedowesDined on 5/8/2014We had a very enjoyable visit. The ambiance was comfortable, the food was fantastic. I highly recommend Intertwined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceeatoutDined on 5/3/2014This was the first time eating there for my husband. We had great service and the food was delicious. We will definitely eat there again!Special Features:
- The following 171 reviews are from the Intertwined Bistro & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Dinnner for 6randbmealsoutDined on 5/1/2014We had a great meal and were able to have a nice conversation on a Thursday night. Will go back again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/30/2014We found this place on Open Table and also looked at the reviews on Yelp and all were favorable so we decided to try it as we were from out of town. We were pleasantly surprised at how delicious everything was. We didn't have an actual dinner, we ordered the plank and then some other appetizers. The artichokes were one of the best artichoke dishes I have ever had.Special Features:
- You've got to try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014Intertwined is a restaurant worthy of a more "hip" location, but I'm sure glad they settled here in lil ol' Escondido! On multiple levels, they make me want to come back again & again. It reminds me of a fave restaurant in New York…great for a date or small group, probably not best for young children. The food is amazing; many great choices, large portions, beautifully presented & delicious! We enjoyed the beet salad, surf n turf entree, gazpacho & seafood pasta special. I highly recommend you give it a try…if you don't already live here, it is worth the trip to Escondido!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experienceAlright45Dined on 4/5/2014I thought this would be a more romantic place, however the noice level was too loud. Service was fair and food was good.Special Features:
- Awesome gem in EscondidoEscoNativeDined on 4/5/2014Wonderful wine list & delicious food - you can't go wrong. All the servers were fantastic, very knowledgeable about the menu and very accommodating. Definitely try the goat cheese stuffed dates, wrapped in bacon! Yum! Also wonderful area in the back to lounge. Romantic by evening but totally appropriate as a more casual place during the afternoon.Special Features:
- Quality dining experience in Esco!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed Intertwined Bistro. Ordering wine flights allowed us to sample lots if different wines and made it easier for the white wine drinkers to get what they wanted. The food was great and nicely presented and the service was very good. It was a little noisy because it is a small place which was completly packed. Going later would make it easier to get a table and quieter. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Escondido CompetitorgardengalVIPDined on 3/14/2014Dinner "in the hood" found delicious food beautifully presented! Someone in the kitchen knows what they are doing. Nice window table for two avoided the continuous line up of close tables. The Intertwined salad was in a tight circle of cucumber slices--cut in half & the contents filled the plate-- clever & delicious. Cedar planked salmon, large portion-delicious. Tower of rice collapsed half falling on the floor without touching it--maybe not suited for thinner plank presentation. The chard listed as "charred" looked & tasted steamed?? Macadamia crusted mahi large & well prepared. Five stars for gushing chocolate cake--plenty for 2 even 3 could share. Street patio view underwhelms; looks like a pub space, not fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth the Drive!RivoDined on 3/8/2014Living near the coast, we rarely drive to Escondido to dine, but we'll definitely do it often now that we've discovered Entwined. We were a party of three couples. Upon arrival, the hostess greeted us cheerfully and led us immediately to our reserved table. Our waitress, Chantaya (?), was marvelous...unfortunately, it was her last night at Entwined. She helped make the evening delightful with her ebullience, attentiveness, and knowledge of the menu and wines. The menu items were not only prepared to perfection, but also, presented beautifully. Although we didn't need dessert, each couple ordered an item -- each one outstanding! If we had to choose a favorite, the donuts with chocolate sauce take the cake! Thank u to the entire staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedCABYDined on 2/28/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant. The first time I went the appetizers, dinner and dessert was absolutely delicous- no complaints what so ever. This time, the dinner was so so for the money I paid. The Mahi Mahi was supposed to have a crust- it was soggy and had no flavor. My daughter had the salmon which was fishy. Anyone knows a fish that tastes and smells fishy is not fresh. Then selecting the doughnut dessert which came with a chocolate dipping sauce - had to have been the most dissapointing of the night. It was like going to duncan doughnuts and getting a cup of chocolate sauce to dip them. I hope this is not a glimpse of things to come in the manner of quality of food that will be served in this fine establishment..Special Features:
- Great food and service. VeryFoodforThoughtDined on 2/26/2014Great food and service. Very friendly and accommodating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice romantic place to eat.Mony1053Dined on 2/21/2014A nice romantic place to eat. We got the cove table for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!jhlsdDined on 2/18/2014Once again Intertwined delivered a great experience for everyone in my party. The menu offers something for everyone, even the pickiest eaters in our group. We shared a beet salad while deciding upon our main course choices and enjoying a glass of wine. Two of us opted for the swordfish special and two chose the stuffed chicken. All of the dishes were cooked to perfection and enjoyed by everyone. The swordfish came from the kitchen looking like a work of art. It was accompanied by a delicious risotto and some very nice shrimp. The chicken was equally well garnished. A great meal was enjoyed by all of us. The staff was very attentive as always. I cannot wait to return to this very enjoyable restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We had made our reservations on open table. We were seated on time the exact table we wanted. The server was very on the mark. Tori was her name. She was very friendly and she new the specials. The food was great and what a great presentation of the food on the plate. I am not a food person or critic. But the food is great. Nice Place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DinnerJakeDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed Valentine's Day Dinner. The calimari appetizer and beet salad were excellent. The steak was delicious. The salmon, which was reviewed high from others, seemed a little overcooked even though I asked for it medium rare. The waitress was very attentive and the wine was excellent. I enjoyed the rose on each table and although the tables were close together, they spread out the placement so we did not have anyone on either side during our early dinner (5:30). Also, it was nice they offered that we sit in the back bar area until our table was ready even though it was only a few minutes. The prices are a little high to go regularly but for a special event it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent cuisineyummyDined on 2/14/2014Excellent presentation and quality of meals, Ambiance was nice alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent find in Escondido, CAjudinsdDined on 2/8/2014Four of us had dinner here for the first time, two of us had the special spicy baked halibut topped with scallops, along side sautéed black kale with shallots & broccoli rabe. The others had cedar plank salmon with rice and vegetable, both dishes were excellent. We also shared the intertwined house salad big enough to share for two people. Portions of food are large and nicely plated. We have been here couple time for lunch & they have great lunches also. Great ambiance but somewhat noisy at times. Would definitely recommend seeking this restaurant out.Special Features:
- Noisy but nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2014the noise level was high. Resturant very tight. Tables close together. Very attractive interior. Food was outstanding! Waiter was good natured, helpful and efficient. Very enjoyable evening. Our table of 4 had calamari, artichokes, and bacon wrapped dates. We all opted for the pork chops. The desserts were out of this world. Will go back to taste some of the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood JewelEnriqueDined on 1/25/2014We have eaten here several times both for lunch and dinner and have always found the food to be outstanding and the service always friendly and impeccable. We just love this restaurant and you will too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem in EscondidoDebraCADined on 1/25/2014Excellent meals served to a group of six. Recommended dishes are the seafood marinara pasta special, mahi in peanut sauce, and salmon. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulJimmyDined on 1/23/2014This restaurant is simply elegant. You can socialize in the "living room" sit at the wine bar or dine at a table. And the complete menu is a available anywhere. The food is truly delicious with generous portions. Try the wedge salad but be ready to share. Entrées desserts. Try them all. You will not be disappointed. A great place to enjoy an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantfoodieDined on 1/23/2014Great food, great service, enjoyed the evening! Will be back.Special Features:
- Just okKristinDined on 1/23/2014We chose Intertwined as they were participating in Restaurant Week. We actually didn't end up eating off of that menu...we just used the regular menu. My tomato basil soup was excellent but my entrée was very mediocre. I got the Intertwined Bowtie pasta (w/o olives). I thought that the chicken was VERY dry and the pasta was very so so. It was also VERY spicy (from the chile oil). My husband got the chicken lollipops and I think those were fine. His entrée was surf and turf and I think he liked that ok as well. He ordered medium and it was too pink but aside from that it was ok. We won't be returning.