Interstate Food & Liquor
74 Orchard Street
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Interstate Food & Liquor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.interstatenyc.com/
- Phone: 2128046237
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jullieta Ballesteros
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: There is a mezzanine room which can be booked for private meals and/or parties. Holds 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Andy Boose 2122190297
- Entertainment: DJs on weekend and occasionally weeknights.
A word from Interstate Food & Liquor
The best burgers on the lower east side. High quality, free range, organic, hormone-free meats and vegetables. Comfort food in a casual, local setting. Hot dogs, chicken pot pie, veggie burgers, salads, homemade fried pickles, local craft beers, cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Interstate Food & Liquor reviews from OpenTable diners
- this place has a drive barBlacklug2013VIPDined on 12/15/2012this place has a drive bar look to it and the mac and cheese was terrible.
- Great brunch deal, but smallerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/9/2012Great brunch deal, but smaller and quieter than I expected from yelp reviews. Staff was very accommodating of our large party, which was really too big for the space.Special Features:
- Don't do it.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/21/2012We showed up for our reservation and it was as if they didn't even know we were coming, we had a reservation for 13 people. We all showed up together and the server seemed confused and she split us up into two tables. The entire point of making a reservation for a party this big is to sit together. What else? We ordered screwdrivers, she brought them out with grapefruit juice and said 'we make ours with grapefruit juice". Really? Last i checked that was called a Greyhound.Somebody asked for butter, the response? "sorry, we don't have butter." A restaurant that has no butter?She forgot one entree completely, it came out after everybody else was done with their food.
- Downtown Burgers are GoodJoeNYCVIPDined on 8/22/2012Bar and Burgers. Nuff Said. Good Staples and Lotsa company. It can get crowded late night. Go early and it will be deserted...Special Features:
- This is the second time I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2012This is the second time I've gone to IFL for brunch and I love it even more. The service is great and the people that work there are super friendly. The food is delish, what more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Taking typical American comfortPauliusDined on 5/11/2012Taking typical American comfort food and making it a bit unique. Can always find something on the menu that you're in the mood for.Special Features:
- Great bruch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/29/2012Great little brunch spot and perfect for groups. We had Sunday brunch for 10ppl here-perfect price point ($19.95 special) and nice menu selection. Chilaquiles were delicious and folks raved about their burgers. Would definitely do brunch here again, but eager to try the dinner menu.Special Features:
- One of our foodie stops onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012One of our foodie stops on vacation, nice friendly attentitive staff. It was quiet when we went first thing on a Sunday which is nice sometimes for brunch;)Food was tasty and reasonably priced with an additional deal on drinks which we happily went for too.Special Features:
- Best Brunch & BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012Interstate Food & Liquor had been on my radar for a while, so I was excited to try it. Word of mouth was that the brunch was not only an excellent deal, but that the food was delicious. And I must say, I was not let down in the least. From the ambiance, to the wait staff, to the sweet tunes and finally the food - IF&L delivered on every front. Since my first visit, I have returned at least five times, and am happy to say that it will be a regular stop for me. Whether it is brunch, dinner or late night (kitchen is open until 2am!). I highly recommend the Jalapeno Burger, the Tuna Burger, the Fish Tacos, Fried Pickles, as well as the Mac & Cheese. Nothing will disappoint. Hope this remains a permanent fixture on the LES.Special Features:
- Nice little place on an out-of-the-JayHusseinVIPDined on 3/25/2012Nice little place on an out-of-the-way block on LES. Cheap brunch, good drinks and very accommodating with my large group. We kept on increasing and decreasing diners, so it was great that they just tacked on tables as needed and stayed very loose. Food took a while to come, but wasn't a problem. Nice ambience, nice staff. If you're in the area, give it a go.Special Features:
- This is my new fave brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2012This is my new fave brunch location. The food is delicious and the staff is so very friendly.Special Features:
- Such great service, food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/23/2012Such great service, food and ambiance! we were 12 guests and had everything we needed!Special Features:
- They added things onto ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2012They added things onto our bill that weren't ours. The tuna burger had to be sent back because it tasted like a tuna-flavored salt lick. When I got my next one 20 minutes later, it was undercooked, had no salt, and made me nauseous. 1/2 of our table had overly salted food. Note to chef- seasoning and salt are not synonymous.
- Great burger and mac and cheese.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2012Great burger and mac and cheese. Not fancy. Waitress was really perky and fun. I live in the neighborhood and the regular clientele is friendly. Great for what I was looking for, which was something relatively cheap and casual for a weekend to enjoy with friends in time.Special Features:
- Good Beer and GrubOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2012Great no frills American food with good beer on tap.Special Features:
- It took the restaurant overOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/31/2011It took the restaurant over an hour and a half to serve our food. Our waitress was literally absent from the picture all evening to the point where the manager of the bar had to come and refill our drinks himself.
- I was in a rush to find aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2011I was in a rush to find a table reservation for 8 people on a Saturday night. Found IFL on Open Table and was quite pleased with our dining/drinking experience. I will definitely come back.
- Typical American food. SmallOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/3/2011Typical American food. Small portions and small venue. Nothing special.
- IF&L is actually across theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2011IF&L is actually across the street from my apartment so I will say it is definitely a neighborhood gem. Granted, there are a plethora of good eats in the LES particularly on Orchard and Broome, this one really stands out for a few reason. First, it takes comfort food to a whole new level (Fried pickles, jalapeno goat cheese cornbread, and really interesting burgers!) also the cocktails are great. Definitely recommend the Rootbeer Float to all who go.Special Features: