202 8th Ave
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.intermezzo-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2129293433
- Hours of Operation:
Su-Thur 12pm-11pm Fri&Sa 12pm-12am BRUNCH Sat&Sun 11am-4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Gerry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can cater private events for up to 80 people
- Private Party Facilities: Intermezzo is available for private parties for up to 80 people.
- Private Party Contact: Benny or Ronny 2129293433
- Entertainment: DJ Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Special Events: NYE Special www.intermezzo-nyc.com
A word from Intermezzo
Intermezzo is an Italian restaurant with homemade pasta, fresh meat & seafood, plus sumptuous dessert. Our lunch prix fixe menu is the best deal in Chelsea and our unlimited champagne brunch is the perfect way to enjoy your weekend.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Intermezzo reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (14)great for brunch (13)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Lovely Lunch for my GroupDori4Dined on 10/2/2014Twenty of us had a very nice lunch at Intermezzo. The table was beautifully set, water and wonderful bread with herb infused olive oil arrived promptly. Service was attentive, refills on bread and water arrived promptly. And the VERY REASONABLE prix fixe lunch menu had a good variety of selections. All in the group declared their lunch choices were delicious. This was the second visit of our group to this restaurant and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingnydinerVIPDined on 9/30/2014After years of avoiding Intermezzo, we were excited to try it again because the same people that revamped La Carbonara on 14th street had worked on changing this one too. Unfortunately not with the same result. The food was fine, but nothing was so exceptional or different from before as to warrant the extra few dolllars per dish. The service seemed good at first but we kept having issues with the waiter (bringing us a bottle instead of 2 glasses of wine, charging us for the higher wine instead of what we had, etc.) Maybe it was just an off night, but we'll probably continue to avoid this one when this group has done such a good job with their other restaurants.
- Raucus Brunch but Civilized DinnerHHayesDined on 9/16/2014Intermezzo is a neighborhood staple; reliably good food and service, with a small sidewalk café on a great block of 8th Avenue in Chelsea. The Sunday brunch is loud and raucus, with a live DJ and LOUD music, basically you have to shout to the other people at your table to be heard. Dinner is much more civilized, although it's still pretty "energetic" to use the Open Table term for the loudest noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food at a reasonable pricewogger85VIPDined on 8/31/2014We tried Intermezzo after looking for a last minute table, and as is often the case, the only place with availability isn't the greatest option in the neighborhood... Our food was fine overall, but a few dishes were a little off and the wine list left something to be desired. However, the prices are low for Chelsea and the wines affordable, so if you want to get your pasta fix on for cheap, this place might be for you.
- Great brunch-and-a-show placeJimboDined on 8/31/2014If you're looking for a place to go to brunch with friends and have a good conversation, this is not the place for you. This place is for people who like a show, Drag Queen show, and a boozy brunch. It was definitely fun to do especially on a Sunday funday. Food is decent, booze is awesome and the music, drag queens, smoke, and lights add a nice gay element to it. I'd definitely go back for another boozy brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising FindKadiDined on 8/21/2014I needed to locate a restaurant in Chelsea/Flatiron and I read this restaurant's review and menu. I am pleased to say that I found a pleasant environment and a varied menu, and the evening's dinner was delicious. It will be my pleasure to return another time, and try something else on the menu. Intermezzo is a good find, and reasonable to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KimballVIPDined on 8/19/2014Our food was very flavorful. The la sagna was tasty. The branzino was filleted and prepared nicely; the accompanying risotto was very nice with asparagus and lemon. Service got slow, without the restaurant getting busy. We waited over 20 minutes from when we finished until we received our bill.Special Features:
- TOO MUCH IS ENOUGHJeffreyGLVIPDined on 8/14/2014Service was so attentive as to be intrusive. Everyone had the best of intentions but there was no end to interruptions.
- fatmanfromalabamaDined on 8/11/2014Drinks great but other factors not so. Would reccomend for happy hour only.
- Terrible experienceTRAVELGIRLVIPDined on 8/9/2014ok, so I admit, we had a groupon, but that should mean that the waiter doesn't care about our service? it was HORRIBLE, and worse, the food was awful. Nice try at homemade pasta; disgusting and mushy. We were so offended by the way we were treated by the waiter that we wouldn't go back there solely because of that. But the food was terribly disappointing. I will say the maitre'd was LOVELY and we loved the vibe in fantastic Chelsea, but that was IT.
- Nice findBarbaraRVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and we found it on restaurant.com. Great service and the food was very good too. They took our reservation right on time which was important to us since we were going to a concert at Madison Sq Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and a good valueCAPupsVIPDined on 7/26/2014We recently ate At Intermezzo and had a very nice meal. My dish (Branzino) had some sauce on it that I would have preferred wasn't on it, but the rest of our party enjoyed everything. The prices were incredibly reasonable, particularly for Manhattan. The server was very friendly and helpful, even though we chose not to order liquor or wine that evening. I found this refreshing as many times servers lower their service if people don't order a lot.Special Features:
- Good for pre-theaterZgirlVIPDined on 7/24/2014We enjoyed a nice enough meal at Intermezzo- not fabulous but adequate. It did get loud and filled up between 6:30-7:30. The dining area seemed a little dark; I like low, warm lighting at dinner but this just felt under-lit. Their prices were moderate compared to many others nearby and they had us in and out in plenty of time for our show nearby. (Good for before the Joyce or Linda Gross theater, etc.) Next time we'll try 'Trois Canards' around the corner- they have a good pre fixe too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valon delivers... AGAIN!RJNYCDined on 7/22/2014Valon is our go-to server at Intermezzo. He's knowledgeable, personal, and has a great sense of humor. The crab & fettuccini social was great. This is the spot I always take out-of-town guests for a great dinner. INTERMEZZO NEVER DISAPPOINTS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timesSB123Dined on 7/13/2014Brunch was super fun. The food was decent, but the drinks were plentiful and the service was on point. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Interesting placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014The drag performancer was very entertaining. My only complain is that the music was extrely loud not very conducive for carrying a conversation. Perhaps a few decibels lower may have been better. I'd definitely return and check out the show.Special Features:
- The following 262 reviews are from the Intermezzo reviews archive.
- decent findeatingdownunderVIPDined on 6/25/2014I found this restaurant through another website as I had a gift certificate. The service was very good as the waiters were attentive. I liked the focaccia bread (wish they have more than the few square pieces) and the olive oil that came along with it. I ordered the pappardelle dish and didn't find it salty/tasty enough. This is coming from someone who prefers less salt in their food...my dish seemed to be lacking flavor, I could not really taste the cream or salmon. My dining partner had the gnocchi with the pesto sauce and I thought that was really good. The sauce was delicious and the texture of the gnocchi was perfect.Special Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2014A few diners were so noisy (screaming) we had to change our table twice. It was still too noisy for us to talk and enjoy our food.Special Features:
- Always Exceeds Expectations!RJNYCDined on 6/14/2014Thanks again to the staff, front and back, for making special celebration even better. The staff at Intermezzo is always on point. It's well managed and the wait-staff is well informed and knowledgeable. We had the octopus special, since we've eaten nearly all of the fare on the regular menu. The waiters are always great at pairing a wine with your meal, tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Groovey BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014Had a fun time here with a group of friends before a show at the Joyce Theatre. The food, music, location and service was very good. We will definately be returning. Very small venue but this just makes it more intimate. Everyone was was friendly. Good experience.Special Features:
- New York's Best FindSatisfiedinNYDined on 5/14/2014Four of us arrived from Vancouver Island after purchasing coupons on Groupon. We found this restaurant the best find, ever! The food was of gourmet quality, the ambience warm and friendly and the the incredible wait staff couldn't do enough for us. We have recommended this to anyone looking for an upscale experience at a very reasonable price. Delicious, clean, friendly, inviting. We could have eaten there every night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, reliable spotDianePVIPDined on 5/9/2014I've been here for large group lunches and dinners for 2 and 4, and it's always a good experience. Extensive menu, courteous, attentive staff (waiter offered my husband club soda to clean a spill on his shirt within seconds), nice vibe (never feel rushed), and great location. Another place I love coming back to.Special Features:
- IntermezzoMarebearDined on 5/3/2014Great food. Enjoyable evening. Loved the 2 for 1 drink specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inexpensive choice in ChelseaTallguy1Dined on 4/30/2014This pl;ace has been around for years and it's new headquarters are brighter and more "done" it's predecessor . It has a ridiculously inexpensive prefix lunch which is well prepared and good for the price. Dinner also has prefix. Our foos for dinner was good straight forward Italian fare. The waitstaf was very attentive. The problem is the noise level. The place was only 2/3 full and the nose from the bar area and a table of 6 near us made it difficult to hear, can not imagine what it is like when full. If the noise is addressed this could be THE cheap and cheerful local haunt.Special Features:
- DavidMaplewoodNJDined on 4/25/2014Had a great time. Food was good and price was fair. Sam our waiter was excellent. The rest of the staff from when we walked in until we left were very good.Special Features:
- nycgroupDined on 4/22/2014We decided to go with the price fix menu and were very satisfied with the food quality and taste. For NYC, it was a very reasonable dinner option with a variety of entrees from which to choose. We had 4 people in our group and everyone was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Could Actually ConverseBuckLaRueDined on 4/15/2014The setting is festive, elegant and pleasant. You might need a flashlight to read the menu, or ask the waiter to turn up the chandeliers. This would be a great restaurant for a romantic date or a business dinner (in my case) because unlike so many cacophonous Manhattan bistros, one can actually carry on a conversation without a bullhorn. The waitstaff was attentive if helicoptering, but took the hint and followed our signals. Portions were ample. Food was delicious. We were happy to pay $50 for two prix-fixe dinners including a glass of wine apiece. For anyone visiting Chelsea galleries or attending performances at the Atlantic Theatre or the Irish Rep, I would definitely recommend Intermezzo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Italian spotValkyrieNYCDined on 4/4/2014I was looking for a restaurant near the Atlantic Theatre Company's theatre on West 20th Street - Yelp reviews for this place were fairly good (esp for the drag brunch on weekends, which I *will* be trying). The restaurant is spacious and airy, in yellow & white, the don't shoehorn in the tables, and has a vibrant bar on a Friday night. A $15.95 prix fixe menu is offered Mon-Fri, and it's well worth it. The service was friendly and attentive without being annoying, food arrived quickly, was well presented, and quite tasty. I was too full, after the Caesar salad and pork scaloppine piccata to get dessert!!Special Features:
- Nice surpriseMerryVIPDined on 3/18/2014This was our first time and we enjoyed the food and service. Good pre-theatre.Special Features:
- AWESOMEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014The food was average, but that's not what brunch is for!... we had an AMAZING time. It was SOOOOOO MUCH FUN!! The drag show was SUPER offensive, but VERY VERY VERY FUNNY and entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Sunday Drag BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/16/2014Enjoyed a great show during brunch. Really energetic and entertaining. Very crowded and loud, but it worked. Food was kind of an afterthought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!PeterDined on 1/31/2014I don't do to Chelsea that often but found Intermezzo and the food was amazing. If you like Italian, you'll really enjoy Intermezzo--especially for the price!Special Features:
- Good value but noisyKenwuVIPDined on 1/5/2014Asked for a quiet table and were told it should not be a problem onSundays, but there was a band and the nosiy was incredibly loud. Of course, we were elderly with three people wit hhearing problems. Nonetheless, good value and food portion.
- Intermezzo is a winner!pollybrewDined on 12/26/2013Our party of 7 was very pleased with our dining experience at Intermezzo. We have only praise, no complaints. Would heartily recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Party Brunch spotsyzenacraDined on 12/21/2013Be warned this place is not for those who get ticked off by noise easily.. the music is LOUD.. as in very loud! They do try to turn it down a little when requested but honestly the music makes the ambiance of the place therefore as patrons we should respect that too! But as our waiter (I believe his name was Miguel) said once we knock back a few of the peach bellinis we'll be asking him to turn up the music . The $20 AYCD is def worth it. None of our cups were ever empty, it was always refilled before we were able to even take the last sip of our glasses. The food isn't anything to really rave about, but it wasn't bad. The best part besides the AYCD is the drag show. She (Tina) was not only hilarious but she had amazing dance moves!Special Features:
- great food & service with a plusgeminitravelerDined on 12/8/2013The restaurant gave outstanding service, better than average food and threw in a cross dressing show to boot. I went there for dinner with friends on a Sunday night and the bar crowd dominated with a show and music going on. So we were a little worried about the fit of our choice but then the excellent table service and good food kicked in. I will definitely return to this happy and fun place.Special Features:
- Good basic Italian food inMehhhVIPDined on 12/1/2013Good basic Italian food in a nice, well lit environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the scene, not the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/16/2013It is a fun and colorful group and high energy at the bar, or tables of large parties. We were 4 and had to request the music be turned down. The food is so-so, and the service haphazard. Unfortunately, we had gone to see people we wanted to hear speak, and the chaos broke the intimacy of our dinner.Special Features:
- Great Food and good serviceSeanODined on 11/7/2013Ordered the polenta and eggplant to start which were both very good. Polenta was not what I was expecting but was pleasantly surprised. Both of our entrees were very good. Service was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice neighborhood longtime spotgothambearDined on 10/22/2013very good food and one of the most reasonably priced wine lists in NYC - $28 for a bottle of Gavi and more. highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.