Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi
610 Nesconset Hwy
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.insigniasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6316568100
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mikhail Apelsinov
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: A variety of entertainment which will be posted in the future.
A word from Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi
Insignia is the newest fine dining restaurant from Anthony Scotto - proprietor of Blackstone & Rare650 Steakhouses. Like its predecessors, Insignia's inspired menu will feature the finest prime dry-aged steaks and the freshest Sushi & Seafood, including Mediterranean whole fish, served up in a chic, elegant atmosphere that is also a feast for the eyes. Picture a historic North shore mansion with cedar shakes, quarried stone and a beautiful turret combined with the energy and vibe of a trendy Manhattan restaurant. "That's Insignia" stated Mr. Scotto, "It's refreshingly unique."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi - Best Restaurants in Smithtown ›
Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
236 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (188)romantic (128)notable wine list (122)fit for foodies (87)vibrant bar scene (85)good for groups (84)great for outdoor dining (81)hot spot (71)neighborhood gem (54)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Fantastic!luvmypitcherVIPDined on 8/29/2014We visited this restaurant on Friday evening. it was fairly busy. Our waiter was terrific - extremely knowlegable and personable. We followed his recommendations and had one of the best meals ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichalinaVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have made this our weekly dinner outing. Service is always great! Food is outstanding!Special Features:
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014The food and the service were excellent. We started the evening at the bar where we were immediately greeted by the bartender to ask for our drink orders. We were then given a variety of appetizers to sample, the sushi was delicious, as were the other appetizers we tried. The staff was attentive from the moment we sat at the table. They were knowledgable and helpful when it came to selecting a wine from their extensive list. We never had an empty glass all night. The Kobe sliders and oysters were sensational, as was the filet mignon for dinner. The creamed spinach and black truffle macaroni and cheese were the best I've had. It was a wonderful place to celebrate my husbands birthday! I would recommend this to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome - IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Food is AMAZING. My fiancé and I are getting married here next year, and because it was our 10 year anniversary we decided to celebrate at Insignia. When we picked this place it had been our first time visiting and we did not try the food, but we fell in love with the place and booked this as our venue that same day. Oh goodness, any trace amount of doubt was completely eradicated by the end of the night. My fiancé and I were treated SO WELL; we met one of the owners and he treated us to a platter of sushi - the best, amazing - and a surprise dessert tray in honor of our anniversary... I am in love with this place, and I am so excited to have picked Insignia for my wedding. This place is beautiful and unique, and the food is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/26/2014Our steak dinners were outstanding! The service was great. The bar is a wonderful opening number! We have been to the restaurant several times each year and the experience has always been wonderful.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014My mom and dad treated me for my 65th birthday as I am a steak lover. My steak dinner was superb and my parents had shrimp and scallops and they loved their meal as well. Thanks for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014My filet mignon was excellent, however my wife's Chilean sea bass was awful.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014This restaurant is a very beautiful place. Everything about it is high end and classy. The food was delicious and the service was great. Be ready to spend some money but it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlmostOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I consider dining out at a fine restaurant an event. This event was nearly great but fell short for two reasons. 1, we were celebrating our 17th wedding anniv and upon making the resv on line it even asked what is your occasion if there was one. So I mentioned that is was our 17 wedding anniv if something special could be done it would really maximize our event. Nothing was done or said a simple welcome and congrats on your 17 years. We did see other tables receiving sparkler type cones with well wishes and Happy B Days. Nothing for us. 2 we were asked how we wanted our steak cooked. We asked for medium it came 45% RAW not rare but RAW. Knowing the delay it would have been to send it back we did not. Ruben & Jose were perfect!!Special Features:
- Over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014I think the food at best was fair, Service and waiters seemed confused. It was very costly. No comparison to Peter Lugar'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CouldahugeDined on 8/24/2014The service and atmosphere were great but the food did not live up to expectations. Filets were dry over cooked and the port a house was average. Perhaps a bad nightSpecial Features:
- Excellent!MitziDined on 8/23/2014We both loved every bit of the RESTURANT. The waiter and waitress were so down to earth and even laughed with us. The greeting we received once we walked through the door was WOW. We did not have to wait long at all for a table. We loved the look of the RESTURANT. The music was perfect. What was the best part of the evening is that the RESTURANT actually read from open tables for the reasoning of selecting the RESTURANT what we were going there to celebrate and that was even as special as the service we received.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Fantastic steakhouse. Sushi is so fresh. They are very accommodating to your needs and wantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a wonderful dinnerSteakhousedinerDined on 8/21/2014We were celebrating our son going off to school. Our table was set out on the patio and the weather could not have been nicer. The wait staff was outstanding. They were engaging and witty. The food was just awesome. The flavors and presentation was just a great dinning experience. There is a reason why we go back time and time again. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiencefood4thoughtDined on 8/20/2014Nice atmosphere. Table seating and roomy booths. Waiter and staff were attentive, personable and friendly. Steaks were seasoned to perfection. Our favorite part was the "celebration platter" for dessert. There was more than enough for a table of four to share. Every bite was delectable. It consisted of two fried donuts with white chocolate shavings, cheesecake with raspberry drizzle and fruit, triple chocolate cake with mousse filling, chocolate ice cream and home made whipped cream. Heavenly!Special Features:
- As always...KnightOfNiVIPDined on 8/17/2014... a really good meal. We go on Sundays and get the Surf and Turf. Great deal. Wine will set you back more than the meal, but their selection is top-notch... especially for Suffolk County. Looking forward to our next dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snday specialJohnnyBVIPDined on 8/17/2014Took my son here for his 16th birthday on a Sunday evening. There were 8 of us and the lobster/filet special was a big hit as we all paired off and enjoyed a great meal. Service was the best I have had here, might be attributed to a light night but non the less it was really nice to be served in this fashion. If you want a great meal at a super nice spot try their Sunday surf and turf special for $99. You will not be disappointed at all.Special Features:
- JerriDined on 8/17/2014My only disappointment was when the girl called to confirm the reservation I told her it was our anniversary. BIt was completely ignored so my anniversary dinner with my wife was quite disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place for steakFrankiecDined on 8/16/2014Consistency best describes my experience . Great outdoor dinning with fireplace . Staff attentive and friendly. Food excellent as always . Not rushed out allowed ample time between courses to relax. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Steak not greatSuffolkFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Service and ambience was great but the steak was not that good we had the porterhouse for 2 and it was very fatty also well under cooked it was purple we were very disappointed wasn't worth the 98.00 just for the steak total bill for two was 287.00 with a 40.00 tip
- Great but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I have eaten here before and it has always been an awesome experience. Through open table, I requested a nice spot outside because it was my wife's birthday. And also asked if there is something so special can be done for her birthday and unfortunately no one paid any attention to that on open table becuase our seat was less then ordinary in a semi empty place and nothing was mentioned about the birthday..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not disappoint!JohnTDined on 8/14/2014Dinner with clients and the food and service were impeccable! Staff was attentive and their service was flawless. Steaks were perfect, Insignia salad was awesome and they even turned a simple dessert (homemade cinnamon donuts) into an extravagant dish. Wine bottles were surprisingly reasonable which added to a great evening.Special Features:
- MagnificentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014My brother-in-law enjoyed a birthday that will go down in history. The bread, the sushi and the steak were all flawless. Unbelievable. The wine that was suggested complimented our ribeye steaks perfectly. The Summer roll appetizer was the best sushi I have ever had. The creamed spinach...unreal, and please,please and please allow yourself to get the chocolate truffle cake . One of the best desserts I have ever allowed inside of my belly. Insignia is a top notch restaurant. Everything was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSsme0911Dined on 8/13/2014It was mine and my husbands first experience dining at Insignia and I have to say it was wonderful...the staff was attentive but not intrusive. It was a special occasion for us (I had donated a kidney to my husband in mid July) when asked by our waitress if we were celebrating a special occasion and my answer was yes we were treated to a very "special" surprise....Dessert. I have spoken about our dinner to many family and friends and would definetely recommend. Thank you for a wonderful experience. We were treated Very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JWFRidgeDined on 8/10/2014Food and service excelled, everyone worked to make us feel specialSpecial Features:
- dont save room for dessertlocalDined on 8/10/2014our dinner was very good but when dessert came they tasted like defrosted cakes, very disappointing especially when I heard they just got a new pastry chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just another steak housewhereweatethisweekDined on 8/9/2014The steak at Insignia is very good, we had the porterhouse for two, and two other fish dishes, the sides, spinach, asparagus and home fries were good but at these prices they should be good or the place would be closed in a week, there are many steak houses on Long Island and this one is just one of the rest. They were very friendly when we first came in, but when I asked for a table on the patio I was told it would be a 20 min to a half hour, they wanted to give us a booth in the bar area, I guess that is what a reservation on Open Table gets you in this place. We were not wearing jeans or Dockers, dress shirts and jacket. We did get the table about 45 min later and basically the service was take our order and replace drinks.Special Features:
- Perfect all the way around!LynneDined on 8/5/2014We went for our 15th wedding anniversary and the service, drinks, food, and atmosphere were perfect! We sat in a round booth next to each other. Our servers were so helpful with wine pairings and drink specials. We chose the dinner for two package and everything, was spot on! Everything was cooked to perfection, portion sizes were enormous and we even took home leftovers and our dessert! We left there feeling like we were the only two people in the whole place and they were packed! Definite new favorite place!Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceCookieDined on 8/4/2014My party of 5 was greeted and seated promptly. The service was outstanding. Any questions/concerns we had do to food allergies were answered in great detail. The waiters were friendly and quick. The food was fresh and cooked to everyone's liking. The Washington oysters were meaty and the special sushi roll appetizer was out of this world with flavor. A birthday dessert was even sent to the table even though we did not order dessert. A splendid experience.Special Features:
- If you are in a hurry don't go!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014Bottom line - - overpriced - fair food - lousy service - condescending managers
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Went for our anniversary and I cannot say enough good things! The service and food were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $99 steak for two nightKeliaqtDined on 7/29/2014I went with my husband on a Tuesday night for the steak dinner deal to celebrate his birthday. Insignia gives plenty of options. For appetizer, I had the insignia salad and it was delicious. My husband had the lobster bisque. For dinner we each had the petite filet mignon which was spectacular and cooked to perfection. We had sides of mashed potatoes and asparagus, which were also great. For dessert I had the cheesecake and my husband had the chocolate cake. Both were very good and they give very generous slices. We couldn't finish the dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nailsbydeeDined on 7/27/2014The service and food were terrific, however, the air conditioning was blasting so much on my husband and I that it made us very uncomfortable the entire time. I asked the wait staff to make it less cold and he was very accommodating ,but then 5 minutes later, someone said it was hot and they turned it back up. We were sitting right under the ac vent and it was very uncomfortable. We could not even stay for dessert that is how uncomfortable it was.Special Features:
- Excellent Service Food and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. Have been here a number of times but have never had the opportunity to sit outside on the patio - We noticed no street noise at all - surprising as it is close to the highway - the soft music and surrounding gardens blocked it all - Requested a nice table for 4 and was accommodated - Sunday Lobster and Filet special is a deal and a half! I shared with one guest while the other 2 in our party ordered from the regular menu. Sides, apps, and dessert were large and delicious. Steaks and lobster cooked and served perfectly. Grouper was excellent as well per my companion. I found that overall the service and food were the best I have had there in the 4-5 times I have dined over the years.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!cidriveuVIPDined on 7/26/2014The appetizer I had were the scallops they were sweet and tender everything you would want to start your dinner. We had decided on a bottle of sparkling from Sparkling Pointe EXCELLENT choice! Main course was special steak and lobster. steak was tender and delicious cooked perfectly! lobster was sweet and succulent needless to say dinner was ended with an dessert of cream and berries. Service was outstanding the staff took care of your every need without making you realize they were there!Special Features:
- Excellent Options, but very priceyAramVIPDined on 7/26/2014We got to sit outside for dinner. The weather was very cooperative and we really didn't get bothered by any bugs until very late. The Service was great on all levels -- one thing to note is that they don't sit you until your entire party has arrived. The steaks are excellent but the final bill comes to VERY pricey and may not justify the quantity and level of the entire meal. On the other hand you don't get the ambiance anywhere close to where it is. Overall 4.5/5.0.Special Features:
- Jay33Dined on 7/24/2014This place was great and well worth it. The prices and specials were good. I would definitely recommend coming here for an anniversary or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great nightdesignerdinerDined on 7/23/2014We frequently choose Insignia for special family events - birthdays, anniversaries and the like. We have never been disappointed. The food is uniformly creative in menu and presented uniquely. (Not to mention that it invariable tastes great!) The interior design and outdoor courtyard are both beautiful and thoughtfully designed. Most important, we have usually found the service to be exemplary. We especially like the Wednesday 50% off wine discount (on wines over $100), which extends our ability to get deeper into the wine menu at an affordable budget. We recommend the cold seafood platters and the bronzino served as a complete fish, deboned at the table. Both of these are world class... The specials are always worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ShelfColinVIPDined on 7/21/2014Insignia is decadent--in the best way possible. They don't skimp on ANYTHING. From knives, to glassware, plates, décor and portions of food, insignia makes you feel special by giving you the most--and the most room--for your money. The pepper tuna sushi roll and west coast oysters had serious wow factor, added to by Damien and Jen's ability to French them out to us so we didn't have to fight over food at the table. The porterhouse was crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. The truffle foie butter was amazing, too, and not overpowering. What a great. Thank you Ryan and Amir!Special Features:
- Worth every pennyDadof5Dined on 7/18/2014Listen to the specials before you look at the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.