Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi
610 Nesconset Hwy
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.insigniasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6316568100
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mikhail Apelsinov
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: A variety of entertainment which will be posted in the future.
A word from Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi
Insignia is the newest fine dining restaurant from Anthony Scotto - proprietor of Blackstone & Rare650 Steakhouses. Like its predecessors, Insignia's inspired menu will feature the finest prime dry-aged steaks and the freshest Sushi & Seafood, including Mediterranean whole fish, served up in a chic, elegant atmosphere that is also a feast for the eyes. Picture a historic North shore mansion with cedar shakes, quarried stone and a beautiful turret combined with the energy and vibe of a trendy Manhattan restaurant. "That's Insignia" stated Mr. Scotto, "It's refreshingly unique."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi - Best Restaurants in Smithtown ›
Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (190)romantic (132)notable wine list (119)fit for foodies (90)great for outdoor dining (86)vibrant bar scene (85)good for groups (84)hot spot (81)neighborhood gem (57)late-night find (26)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (4)Show More
- AnnieDined on 9/21/2014Dinner was fabulous. The steak was cooked to perfection! Service was very attentive. Had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2014We went for a birthday celebration Sunday evening and thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Pricey for sure but affordable with special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014This was our First Time At Insignia, I was over whem when we got out Our car that they got to the Science by Parking the car. When we walk in I was Amaze of The Restaurant, We First went to the the Bar for a Drink and went to our seating we had at 7:00 P.M. Ever thing was Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYAmyEVIPDined on 9/19/2014Always enjoy Insignia. I had the Grilled Shrimp Appetizer and it was so good. Everyone really enjoyed their food and we will definitely be back soonSpecial Features:
- Not stupidMaceVIPDined on 9/19/2014We went to Insignia to see if it was fit for a wedding rehearsal dinner. The staff could not have been nicer, from our first phone call to the dessert platter they complimented us. Steak houses are notorious for over pricing. The steaks were delicious and well priced. We are passing our review on the the parents of the groomSpecial Features:
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Food and service were equally matched!! Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best wait staff around!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014My wife & I wanted to get away for a nice romantic dinner due to a hectic summer work schedule & to celebrate now that we are expecting our first child in january. The staff was amazing & made my wife glow while they chatted her up about her adventures to come as a mother. They have a wine specialist on staff (sorry he has a cooler name than that but I'm not down with the lingo) who picked the perfect wine that I enjoyed. The whole experience was great, the restaurant is unbelievable clean & beautiful! To top it off they brought my wife her dessert with a cool sparkle candle to congratulate us! Insignia is second to none and should be a must go for any special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichalinaVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food is always outstanding and the service can't be beat! My new favorite dessert is the Chocolate Nutella Cake. Our server recommended it. So glad they did, it was amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014enjoyable evening dinner......price on the high side, but I knew that going in.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014The good was very overpriced and not the top quality one would expect from a high end steakhouse. Sushi was extremely overpriced. Porterhouse steak was dry.Special Features:
- Usually Love this place, but ...ScottDined on 9/14/2014Usually love this place for special occasion, business dinner, romantic dinner or fancy dinner with other couples. Last two times I ordered the fish (dover sole and branzino), and each time they did a bad removing the bones and the dinner was not enjoyable and most was not able to be eaten (not a few small bones, but literally every bit and dozens of bones). While I understand that removing bones from fish is not easy, I expect it to done professionally for the money paid. Could use some music in the room.Special Features:
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food was outstanding and the service was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!Cheryl81Dined on 9/12/2014The food was fantastic and service was exceptional! They have every kind of wine you can think of! The manager, Ryan, came over and introduced himself and made sure we were taken care of. I cant wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLawaDined on 9/12/2014Insignia is a classy, upscale restaurant that great for special occasions. The food is delicious and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Czar22Dined on 9/11/2014Absolutely fell in love with insignia, the food was amazing, the restaurant is beautiful! However, the service needs to imrpove. Out waitress came to our table 15 minutes after we sat down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeIrishDined on 9/9/2014We always find it enjoyable and rewarding when we visit InsiginiaSpecial Features:
- Loved it!!DSSSVIPDined on 9/9/2014We went for our anniversary and we loved everything! Food was great, nice bar area, outdoor seating with fireplace. Definitely recommend. They have specials so check their website.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!HardtoPleaseDined on 9/9/2014Had an amazing dinner at Insignia last Tuesday night. Beautiful table on the patio by the fireplace. The food was exceptional, the ambience beautiful, and the service great. Ryan Corrigan the Manager and Wine sommelier made it a point to make sure our evening was nothing short of perfect. Its been a long time since I went to dinner and actually raved about it to friends. Keep up the super work and we could use an Insignia on the South Shore!Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014amazing ambiance, great food. It is defiantly very expensive but well worth the moneySpecial Features:
- What happened?EatingoutDined on 9/6/2014We have been to Insignia at least two times before. I had the petite filet both times. It was delicious. On this visit, three of my party ordered the filet. We all agreed it was dry and lacked flavor. The appetizers were fine. However, the French Press coffee tasted like flavored water. Both pots were sent back. The decaf was declined. When the regular coffee was brought back, it was still not weak and tasteless. We sipped a little and were never asked if it was any better and we were charged for it. Since we were celebrating an occasion, we did not complain about the unconcerned service. Very disappointing.
- Not impressed with the foodJoanneDined on 9/6/2014We felt rushed, although it was a slow time when we were there on a Saturday night. We'd heard Insignia was known for their steaks (among other things), but we ordered two different kinds of steak and neither one impressed us. Great ambiance and décor, friendly help. Maybe next time we'll just go for the wine and an appetizer.Special Features:
- Perfect dinnerShanflanVIPDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated my father's 60th birthday here and we had a great time with our family - great service, great food! Couldn't ask for a better night out.Special Features:
- Great eveningJerryVIPDined on 9/3/2014We had an excellent meal with great wines. I think his is the best restaurant in this area.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014The restaurant is beautiful, the service is good, and the topper is the food is Great. I have eaten there several times and each experience has been wonderful and tasty. The kobe beef hamburgers are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good1foodloverDined on 8/31/2014We went for the Sunday special steak and lobster 99.00 for two people, includes sides and dessert. The filet mignon was delicious and cooked to perfection,the lobster was on the dry side.Service was great.We brought a third person who ordered ala cart from the regular menu.When we received the bill we discovered that the 25.00 coupon for the ala cart meal could not be used because the 99.00 special was used on the same bill,no exceptions..so clarify any discounts are coupons when ordering.Would I go back?...maybeSpecial Features:
- Best Steak House in SuffolkKnightOfNiVIPDined on 8/31/2014Can only do the Sunday dinner, though... just too pricey for regular visits. Excellent service; very good steaks and wine list. Absolutely solid that they offer good wines for single glasses. That sets them apart from all the rest, but that Sunday deal is very fair.Special Features:
- CanucksFanDined on 8/31/2014We went to insgina on a Sunday night for dinner. We took advantage of the Surf and Turf special. The dinning experience was pleasant. The staff was extremely polite. I didnt think there was enough food for two though. I only recieved 3 pieces of steak and my husband got 4. The lobster was alittle rubbery and slightly on the cool side. I thought the food could have been hotter. I'm not sure I would order that again, but I would go there for dinner again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time experience with my wifeJayceon22Dined on 8/30/2014Very beautiful inside. It's great for romantic dinners or special occasions. My wife and I greatly enjoy the service, they're extremely courtesy and funny. Very expensive, so be prepared to spend at least $150 for two - depending on order. Every dish is separated, the price for a steak is only for the steak and side dishes are not included. Portions are huge, Steaks are 22oz. and up, Shrimps are bigger then the folks etc. My only complaint is about my dish. I ordered a steak medium-well and although my steak was good, the chef might have burned the edges of the steak too much, so at times I had that charcoal taste in my mouth. I hate that but I've only been there once so this might not be an often thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJerryVIPDined on 8/30/2014We liked it so much we are goi back Wednesday. Excellent food and great wine list.Special Features:
- Quality Food, Great ServicewayneDined on 8/30/2014Nice ambiance, quality food and top notch service. Insignia caters to it's customers and treats everyone special. Can't ask for anymore.Special Features:
- Debsy68Dined on 8/30/2014From the moment we walked in, we felt very comfortable and welcomed. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The food was excellent, and portions were perfect. The servers were well versed on the menu and were able to ans any questions we had. They were extremely attentive and made you feel like you were the only one there.. I would highly recommend this restaurant. A little pricey, but the quality of the food, drinks, service and atmosphere is definitely worth it. Especially for a special night out.Special Features:
- Fantastic!luvmypitcherVIPDined on 8/29/2014We visited this restaurant on Friday evening. it was fairly busy. Our waiter was terrific - extremely knowlegable and personable. We followed his recommendations and had one of the best meals ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceShotty78Dined on 8/29/2014My Wife and I have been to Insignia numerous times and find the Food and Service to be excellent. We both highly recommend it.Special Features:
- MichalinaVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have made this our weekly dinner outing. Service is always great! Food is outstanding!Special Features:
- Great experience!FantasticDined on 8/28/2014The food and the service were excellent. We started the evening at the bar where we were immediately greeted by the bartender to ask for our drink orders. We were then given a variety of appetizers to sample, the sushi was delicious, as were the other appetizers we tried. The staff was attentive from the moment we sat at the table. They were knowledgable and helpful when it came to selecting a wine from their extensive list. We never had an empty glass all night. The Kobe sliders and oysters were sensational, as was the filet mignon for dinner. The creamed spinach and black truffle macaroni and cheese were the best I've had. It was a wonderful place to celebrate my husbands birthday! I would recommend this to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome - IncredibleMokacoffeeDined on 8/27/2014Food is AMAZING. My fiancé and I are getting married here next year, and because it was our 10 year anniversary we decided to celebrate at Insignia. When we picked this place it had been our first time visiting and we did not try the food, but we fell in love with the place and booked this as our venue that same day. Oh goodness, any trace amount of doubt was completely eradicated by the end of the night. My fiancé and I were treated SO WELL; we met one of the owners and he treated us to a platter of sushi - the best, amazing - and a surprise dessert tray in honor of our anniversary... I am in love with this place, and I am so excited to have picked Insignia for my wedding. This place is beautiful and unique, and the food is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceDatenightDined on 8/26/2014Our steak dinners were outstanding! The service was great. The bar is a wonderful opening number! We have been to the restaurant several times each year and the experience has always been wonderful.Special Features:
- DeliciousCamilleDined on 8/26/2014My mom and dad treated me for my 65th birthday as I am a steak lover. My steak dinner was superb and my parents had shrimp and scallops and they loved their meal as well. Thanks for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityDisappointedDined on 8/26/2014My filet mignon was excellent, however my wife's Chilean sea bass was awful.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014This restaurant is a very beautiful place. Everything about it is high end and classy. The food was delicious and the service was great. Be ready to spend some money but it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.