Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi
610 Nesconset Hwy
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.insigniasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6316568100
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mikhail Apelsinov
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: A variety of entertainment which will be posted in the future.
A word from Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi
Insignia is the newest fine dining restaurant from Anthony Scotto - proprietor of Blackstone & Rare650 Steakhouses. Like its predecessors, Insignia's inspired menu will feature the finest prime dry-aged steaks and the freshest Sushi & Seafood, including Mediterranean whole fish, served up in a chic, elegant atmosphere that is also a feast for the eyes. Picture a historic North shore mansion with cedar shakes, quarried stone and a beautiful turret combined with the energy and vibe of a trendy Manhattan restaurant. "That's Insignia" stated Mr. Scotto, "It's refreshingly unique."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi - Best Restaurants in Smithtown ›
Insignia Prime Steak & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (198)romantic (139)notable wine list (127)fit for foodies (96)vibrant bar scene (92)good for groups (92)hot spot (91)great for outdoor dining (86)neighborhood gem (63)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (9)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (4)Show More
- LuvtoeatVIPDined on 9/28/2014Not the best of notes to be at Insignia. There was a private party which took up a good part of the restaurants available tables. It was busy with other larger tables so we opted to sit in the outside area in the bar. That was ok since it was not as noisy but a little cool. We had a problem with our port house for 2 but it was promptly removed and replaced with the addition of extra sides which was very nice. The manager came to the table to apologize as well. It was all handled very nicely and professionally. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014The place totally lacks the character and ambience of a fine steak house. The food was good, not great.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & ServiceKansasDined on 9/27/2014This was my 4th or 5th time dining at Insignia, and it has been amazing every time. The staff is attentive but not overbearing, and the food gets better and better with each bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!LainieremDined on 9/27/2014We were celebrating a friend's birthday and it was such a nice evening! The waiter overheard it was her birthday and brought her a piece of cheese cake! Everything was perfectSpecial Features:
- OutstandingLilCroachDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time at Insignia...we had heard great things from friends and relatives and finally had an opportunity to see for ourselves. The food was absolutely terrific - the service and atmosphere top notch. Although it is expensive, it is worth EVERY penny and we will most definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I had heard that Insignia was on the pricey side. I took my wife there because i had recieved a gift card from an associate for Christmas. We had 6:30 reservation and were seated immediatly. The restaurant was full and there were alot of waiters. Our waiter came within a few minutes. We ordered drinks, which were very good. I was taken back by the prices although I knew it was going to be expensive. My wife ordered the stuffed shrimp which she said were very good. I ordered a $54 steak and a $9 baked potato. Our food came quickly which i was suprised because a great steak typically takes time. I wasnt impressed with it. I made comment to my wife that I have made better steaks on my BBQ at home. $280 later..I wont be going back.Special Features:
- Place is top notchJamesW1Dined on 9/27/2014Food and service are always a 10 here recommended to all that are looking for a great time and even better food a must doSpecial Features:
- AmazingTastetesterDined on 9/27/2014I took my husband here for his Birthday, and it was the first time for both of us, and we pass it all the time, and always say we will be going here ONE day. The restaurant is upscale, so naturally it was pricy ( example...we got oysters, was a special occasion...and it was 5.00 an oyster, but the BEST EVER, we had NO regrets). The rest of the food was amazing and even the next day, the leftovers were just as delicious. We know that for us, this is a special occasion type restaurant, but between the décor/ambiance/food/and service, it will NOT be the last time.Special Features:
- Best anniversary party everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014My husband and I invited our children ,and our 6 beautiful grandchildren ranging from 5 to 20 yrs of age along with friends of 60 yrs to celebrate 50 yrs of marriage with usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Island's BestARealisticDinerDined on 9/24/2014I came just to have dinner, yet I left with an experience. Not knowing this but Wednesdays is their 1/2 price on premium wine bottles night which we certainly took advantage of. Half price on Caymus, SOLD. The wine somm, Joe, was extremely courteous and knowledgable with regards to his extensive wine list. Our servers, Damien and Florin couldn't have been more attentive to us, satisfying our every need. I realized this evening that no matter where you go these days you're spending money (my girlfriend and I went to TGI Fridays 2 weeks ago and our bill was $120 for the 2 of us). For just a little bit more money we went to Insignia and got the dinner of a lifetime. Many thanks goes out to the staff at Insignia for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The steak was tremendous! We were there for Two-for Tuesdays and you didn't skimp on the portions at all. Commendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RMGRANDDined on 9/21/2014I love the bar area and outside dining..when I made the reservation they didnt give me an option to sit outside..I wish they would have..the wait staff seemed a little inexperienced but our bartender was very professional..I enjoyed it very much..I also mentioned it was our wedding anniversary when I made the reservation and thought that someone would have mentioned it..just would have been a nice surprise..just a suggestion..: )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnieDined on 9/21/2014Dinner was fabulous. The steak was cooked to perfection! Service was very attentive. Had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- TerrificDinersDined on 9/21/2014We went for a birthday celebration Sunday evening and thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Pricey for sure but affordable with special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doesnt live up to the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014eh, for the price there are many other places to go. the food was just ok, a couple we dined with ordered the steak for 2 which had a huge ligament through it which made it almost inedible. anyone preparing the food should've seen that and not served it. The manager did the right thing and took it off the bill however, it put a damper on the experience. the scene there is just that...a "scene". Very showy and not my first choice in atmosphere for dinner. bottom line..if you want a good steak go somewhere else. If you want to show off and be seen go here.Special Features:
- Dining!!GinnyDined on 9/20/2014This was our First Time At Insignia, I was over whem when we got out Our car that they got to the Science by Parking the car. When we walk in I was Amaze of The Restaurant, We First went to the the Bar for a Drink and went to our seating we had at 7:00 P.M. Ever thing was Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good nightunusualDined on 9/19/2014Between waiting 20 minutes longer since i had a resv. food did not come out in proper temp, wrong alcohol drinks and vallet couldnt find my car for 10 minutes. just wasnt a good nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYAmyEVIPDined on 9/19/2014Always enjoy Insignia. I had the Grilled Shrimp Appetizer and it was so good. Everyone really enjoyed their food and we will definitely be back soonSpecial Features:
- Not stupidMaceVIPDined on 9/19/2014We went to Insignia to see if it was fit for a wedding rehearsal dinner. The staff could not have been nicer, from our first phone call to the dessert platter they complimented us. Steak houses are notorious for over pricing. The steaks were delicious and well priced. We are passing our review on the the parents of the groomSpecial Features:
- Great dining experience!RMD19Dined on 9/19/2014Food and service were equally matched!! Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best wait staff around!Got2EatDined on 9/17/2014My wife & I wanted to get away for a nice romantic dinner due to a hectic summer work schedule & to celebrate now that we are expecting our first child in january. The staff was amazing & made my wife glow while they chatted her up about her adventures to come as a mother. They have a wine specialist on staff (sorry he has a cooler name than that but I'm not down with the lingo) who picked the perfect wine that I enjoyed. The whole experience was great, the restaurant is unbelievable clean & beautiful! To top it off they brought my wife her dessert with a cool sparkle candle to congratulate us! Insignia is second to none and should be a must go for any special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichalinaVIPDined on 9/16/2014The food is always outstanding and the service can't be beat! My new favorite dessert is the Chocolate Nutella Cake. Our server recommended it. So glad they did, it was amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014enjoyable evening dinner......price on the high side, but I knew that going in.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014The good was very overpriced and not the top quality one would expect from a high end steakhouse. Sushi was extremely overpriced. Porterhouse steak was dry.Special Features:
- Usually Love this place, but ...ScottDined on 9/14/2014Usually love this place for special occasion, business dinner, romantic dinner or fancy dinner with other couples. Last two times I ordered the fish (dover sole and branzino), and each time they did a bad removing the bones and the dinner was not enjoyable and most was not able to be eaten (not a few small bones, but literally every bit and dozens of bones). While I understand that removing bones from fish is not easy, I expect it to done professionally for the money paid. Could use some music in the room.Special Features:
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food was outstanding and the service was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experience!Cheryl81Dined on 9/12/2014The food was fantastic and service was exceptional! They have every kind of wine you can think of! The manager, Ryan, came over and introduced himself and made sure we were taken care of. I cant wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLawaDined on 9/12/2014Insignia is a classy, upscale restaurant that great for special occasions. The food is delicious and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Czar22Dined on 9/11/2014Absolutely fell in love with insignia, the food was amazing, the restaurant is beautiful! However, the service needs to imrpove. Out waitress came to our table 15 minutes after we sat down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeIrishDined on 9/9/2014We always find it enjoyable and rewarding when we visit InsiginiaSpecial Features:
- Loved it!!DSSSVIPDined on 9/9/2014We went for our anniversary and we loved everything! Food was great, nice bar area, outdoor seating with fireplace. Definitely recommend. They have specials so check their website.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!HardtoPleaseDined on 9/9/2014Had an amazing dinner at Insignia last Tuesday night. Beautiful table on the patio by the fireplace. The food was exceptional, the ambience beautiful, and the service great. Ryan Corrigan the Manager and Wine sommelier made it a point to make sure our evening was nothing short of perfect. Its been a long time since I went to dinner and actually raved about it to friends. Keep up the super work and we could use an Insignia on the South Shore!Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014amazing ambiance, great food. It is defiantly very expensive but well worth the moneySpecial Features:
- What happened?EatingoutDined on 9/6/2014We have been to Insignia at least two times before. I had the petite filet both times. It was delicious. On this visit, three of my party ordered the filet. We all agreed it was dry and lacked flavor. The appetizers were fine. However, the French Press coffee tasted like flavored water. Both pots were sent back. The decaf was declined. When the regular coffee was brought back, it was still not weak and tasteless. We sipped a little and were never asked if it was any better and we were charged for it. Since we were celebrating an occasion, we did not complain about the unconcerned service. Very disappointing.
- Not impressed with the foodJoanneDined on 9/6/2014We felt rushed, although it was a slow time when we were there on a Saturday night. We'd heard Insignia was known for their steaks (among other things), but we ordered two different kinds of steak and neither one impressed us. Great ambiance and décor, friendly help. Maybe next time we'll just go for the wine and an appetizer.Special Features:
- Perfect dinnerShanflanVIPDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated my father's 60th birthday here and we had a great time with our family - great service, great food! Couldn't ask for a better night out.Special Features:
- Great eveningJerryVIPDined on 9/3/2014We had an excellent meal with great wines. I think his is the best restaurant in this area.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2014The restaurant is beautiful, the service is good, and the topper is the food is Great. I have eaten there several times and each experience has been wonderful and tasty. The kobe beef hamburgers are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good1foodloverDined on 8/31/2014We went for the Sunday special steak and lobster 99.00 for two people, includes sides and dessert. The filet mignon was delicious and cooked to perfection,the lobster was on the dry side.Service was great.We brought a third person who ordered ala cart from the regular menu.When we received the bill we discovered that the 25.00 coupon for the ala cart meal could not be used because the 99.00 special was used on the same bill,no exceptions..so clarify any discounts are coupons when ordering.Would I go back?...maybeSpecial Features:
- Best Steak House in SuffolkKnightOfNiVIPDined on 8/31/2014Can only do the Sunday dinner, though... just too pricey for regular visits. Excellent service; very good steaks and wine list. Absolutely solid that they offer good wines for single glasses. That sets them apart from all the rest, but that Sunday deal is very fair.Special Features: