Inside Park at St. Bart's
325 Park Avenue @ 50th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Inside Park at St. Bart's
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.insideparknyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 593-3333
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - Close Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00 - Close Saturdays: 11:30 am - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Inside Park at St. Bart's accommodates 120 guests seated, 175 for cocktails. Semi-Private Raised Gallery seats 30 guests, 50 for cocktails. St. Bart's Third Floor accommodates 100 seated, 150 for cocktails. Seasonally, Inside Park Terrace can host 200 seated, 250 for cocktails and St. Bart's "Secret" Cloister Garden accommodates 20 guests seated and 50 for cocktails.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Willner 2125933333x202
- Cross Street: East 50th Street
- Public Transit: Subway: 6 Lexington Ave. local to 51st Street, walk west to Park Avenue. E or V train to Lexington Ave.-53rd Street stop, walk downtown on Lexington to 51st Street, turn right to Park Avenue. Bus: Lexington Ave. or Third Ave. buses to 50th St. Walk west to Park Avenue. 49/50th Street cross-town bus to Madison Ave. or Lexington Ave.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Public lots nearby and street parking is also available.
A word from Inside Park at St. Bart's
Inside Park at St. Bart's, the new restaurant located in the transformed Great Hall at famed landmark, St. Bartholomew's Church at Park Avenue and 50th Street, serves a fabulous selection of contemporary American cuisine. The design, food and service pay tribute to the idea of a "sense of place and time", while welcoming guests to comfortable 140-seat venue in which to "escape", break bread and share a casual dining experience. Just a few steps up from the sidewalk along stately Park Avenue, diners are seemingly miles from the hustle and bustle in one of the world's greatest cities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Inside Park at St. Bart's - Best Restaurants in Midtown East ›
Inside Park at St. Bart's reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (62)great for lunch (45)neighborhood gem (28)scenic view (23)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (15)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (11)special occasion (10)romantic (10)hot spot (9)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great ambiance and locationDJ61Dined on 11/12/2014The outside seating was beautiful. The staff were friendly and attentive. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central manhattan locationTatKalDined on 11/6/2014The restaurant has a unique setting at St. Bart's Church, a great location for an interesting place to meet for lunch. Sitting inside it was nice and quiet for us to be able to talk without noise and interference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good apps, cool atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014The apps and dessert was definitely better than the food. When you order a steak medium-rare, and most people in the restaurant are ordering steak, the steak shouldn't come out medium (maybe even medium-well). Would I come back? Absolutely, but just for drinks and apps.Special Features:
- Great food, great locationDanaWynDined on 10/14/2014What a joy to have an October lunch outdoors. The service was exquisite and the food great! An enjoyable caprese salad and a trukey club!! Bravo.Special Features:
- Midtown's best outdoor restaurantMacDDined on 9/29/2014The setting for "Inside" is wonderful: on a spacious nicely designed patio next to one of NYC's architectural gems (St. Bart's Church), across the street from the iconic Waldorf Astoria, several steps above exciting crowds marching along ritzy Park Ave., under a wide open sky rarely found in Manhattan and of course surrounded by spectacular skyscrapers. Add to that an excellent menu with credible beverages and prompt friendly service. The diners, from all walks of life, were fun to watch. They all looked as taken in by the ambiance of Inside as I was.Special Features:
- Jc1234Dined on 9/19/2014The staff was very unfriendly and our waiter was practically non-existent. The hostess couldn't be bothered with anyone and barely acknowledged us when we checked in. The staff cleaning up our table was much nicer! The flatbread appetizer and the chicken salad sandwich were delicious, but skip the Turkey Club- could've gotten a much better one at a regular deli.Special Features:
- AMAZEDDDDAWESOMEDined on 9/11/2014If you want some good food, great view and an amazing mini get away from the busy work day in the city, this is the place to go! It looks pretty from a far but even better once inside! The service was on point and the food was just perfect. It was my first time and a great lunch experience during my work hours. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2014I just love this place. So peaceful and so close to the city. A secret gem.Special Features:
- MumaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful, delicious cuisine and excellent service. We leave happy after dining at Inside The Park. Their service and food are consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place but music too loudNONEDined on 9/4/2014It was very difficult to talk loud enough for my friend to hear the music was WAY TOO LOUD.Special Features:
- Like the outdoorsHappytoreviewVIPDined on 9/4/2014Service is the problem. I was there twice this week and twice I was brought the wrong dish (salad with grilled salmon, but the wrong salad). The waitress exchanged it right away, but still. Yesterday my dining companion got the wrong dish altogether, her dish going to another table and she receiving the other diner's plate. It was hard to get the waiter's attention to make the switch, but it worked out. Still, he restaurant is in such a great location that it's forgivable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good midtown business lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Great outdoor setting in midtown, perfect for a less formal business lunch or get together. Good food, diverse menu and good service all at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice lunchBryanNYCVIPDined on 8/25/2014I'm a frequent diner at Inside Park. It's a great little oasis in the heat of midtown.Special Features:
- disappointing Saturday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is great on a weeknight for a hopping bar scene and interesting appetizers.
- Good not greatLuv2dineDined on 8/22/2014Despite our reservation we waited 20 minutes for a table at lunch. Not a great start. Our waiter was a bit frazzled and seemed to be always in a hurry, offering no suggestions or conversation. Our party of three ordered a salad, burger, and steak sandwich. My salad was tasty but my friend's burger was over cooked and without much taste. Same with the steak. Our waiter never checked back to see how our food was. He was eager to offer dessert however and, when we ordered some, he became friendlier.Special Features:
- Lunch with a friendadfdDined on 8/22/2014Great food but our waitress seemed distracted. We asked for a dish to not include shrimp and told her we were sharing it. She never asked if we wanted appetizer or entree portion. She dumped the dish on the table as she was walking away then turned back and said "enjoy". We needed to stop a different server to ask for a spoon which she then brought. We received appetizer portion which included shrimp. She had no idea. When ready to pay the check we needed to call over the manager since the waitress never came back for it. Great food but service was pretty awful.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, OK foodHighteaDined on 8/20/2014It is always nice to sit outside in NYC on a sunny day with low humidity. If that is what you are looking for this is the place to go. The food is OK but not memorable and they way the food is presented is uninteresting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take you hatABClunchDined on 8/18/2014What a great location for lunch, outside in the bustle of Park Avenue. Take you hat with you as you will really be outside in the sun.Special Features:
- So Elegant!KitKatDined on 8/16/2014Wow what a great experience. Our waiter was so wonderful and everything he recommended was great! I had the Risotto appetizer, which was so different and tasty. We shared the Greek salad and being Greek myself I tend to judge my salads tough! It was fantastic and full of feta and olives - just the way it should be. I would 100% go again - it was wonderful being outside and it really was the highlight of my trip!Special Features:
- Jim MartinJJM4050Dined on 8/16/2014Based on the reviews on Open Table, we were excited to give Inside a shot. We made a reservation for 7pm on a Saturday night and upon arrival were surprised to find very few diners there. Our first clue that something was different was when we were given a lunch menu. I inquired about a dinner menu and was told that they serve lunch all day. Our waiter then advised that the kitchen would be closing at 7pm. I asked if he was kidding, especially given that we had a 7pm reservation. He said no, and departed. Despite all of this, we ordered appetizers, a burger, the crab cake, and some chicken. Our meal was well paced, and all of the food was very good. The setting is gorgeous, the food is good, but its a little quirky!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AyoOdunayoVIPDined on 8/16/2014A great place to meet over brunch. Ther reception was efficient and the overall service was attentive. Not a great wine list, but adequate for lunch or brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedveggienorbVIPDined on 8/12/2014This restaurant features both indoor and outdoor seating. My party and I needed a quiet spot so we could talk business, we chose indoors and it was great, real quiet, in a huge dining room, as outdoors the noise level was energetic. Delicious food and excellent service. Prices are really convenient for what you get. Will return, no doubt.Special Features:
- DisappointedjojojojojojoVIPDined on 8/9/2014We chose the restaurant for the outdoor dining and it was a lovely setting. But the food was just fair, though one guest did enjoy the burger. It was a limited menu becuase it was a Saturday night so maybe things are better other times. We had to send back a salmon dish that was actually raw inside (fine for a sushi bar, but not a grilled salmon dish); the seltzer was flat; the pizza was rather tasteless and the sauce tasted commercial. The service left a bit to be desired. Overall, we had a good time because of the company and the setting, but were disappointed in the restaurant experience.Special Features:
- Outdoor Dining!!!AZtoDEDined on 8/9/2014This is our second time dining at this location. We dined on a Saturday night at 6 pm. It was quiet, and just beginning to fill up after we left. The first time it was on a Friday night around 7:30 pm. Fridays are much busier with a vibrant bar scene. Much quieter on Saturday night. We love eating outside when the weather is so beautiful. It was wonderful food and a great location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, Ok foodlinsyVIPDined on 8/8/2014You can't beat the location, I felt like I was on a movie set or something being on St. Bart's Church. I've never seen a bar/restaurant in a church, so that itself makes it worthwhile to check out. It's always packed, and so the ambiance is awesome as well; Great for people watching. However, the food and the service is mediocre. I would just go to have some drinks by the bar, and hang out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Endless Fun!AnaBananaVIPDined on 8/8/2014What a great place to end your day! Lots of good looking people having a good time on day light!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best patio in NYCbkl1VIPDined on 8/6/2014Love this spot on a summer evening! Right on Park Ave, but away from traffic - cool to sit under the Waldorf, take in the great crowd and vide, plus good food and beverage. Amazing patio setting - fun place to beSpecial Features:
- NYC bureaucrats create mischiefMacDDined on 8/6/2014NYC food inspectors ran a health-safety compliance exam of St. B's at the start of the luncheon period. The chaos they imposed on the kitchen staff backed up the wait time for diners by at least 30 minutes. St B's apologized and frequently gave updates. But for the ill-timed City intrusion, I am sure the service would have met the high standards I have experienced in dozens of other lunches at St. B's over the years. It is a terrific place to dine. Would that the services we would like to receive from NYC were a similar level!Special Features:
- not badlindarVIPDined on 8/4/2014The food is okay, not great. Beware of the sun -- not enough umbrellas. But if you want to spend lunch hours outside, this is a good spot for that and for evening drinks.Special Features:
- a favoriteFlorenceTVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is one of my favorites places for lunch or dinner. Always my first choice when someone says "where shall we eat?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fkrst time being disappointedMeMo1204Dined on 7/29/2014Since starting a new job in the neighborhood nearly two years ago, I often bring friends to dine at Inside Park. I've gone for drinks, dinner, lunch, working lunches, and always felt comfortable and well taken care of. This visit left us flat. Our waiter was icy and disinterested, he never smiled once, he disappeared for at least 30 minutes, and we had to ask someone to find him after the people who sat down next to us got their food and drinks and were leaving before our waiter ever came over to ask us how we were doing or let us know where our food was.Actually, he never came over to ask us that. The food was delivered by someone else, and the next time we saw him was when he dropped off the check. He didn't even offer coffee or tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park Avenue outdoor diningPatrickDined on 7/29/2014Great value outdoor dining on Park Avenue. The portions are small but the food is excellent. I would not hesitate recommending this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Lunch in MidtownBryanNYCVIPDined on 7/29/2014I'm a frequent customer of Inside Park. On a nice summer day, it's the perfect spot for a nice outdoor lunch in the heart of midtown.Special Features:
- The following 555 reviews are from the Inside Park at St. Bart's reviews archive.
- Food very good but...CuppityCakeDined on 7/24/2014We had to wait well over an hour to get any food and when it came out, they brought the appetizers and the mains at the same time! I would recommend due to quality of the food and the location but don't go if you are already hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great settingJillDined on 7/19/2014Really loved the outdoor setting. Kids loved it too. Great service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bejant64Dined on 7/16/2014ordered special--swordfish and sole. Rarely do swordfish in erstaurants because almost invariably overcooked--but this was exquisite, moist and along with sole and spinach, elegantly presented. Coffee could have been warmer and strongerSpecial Features:
- Excellent food.MaritafajitaDined on 7/14/2014Best Crab Cake ever. I grew up catching and picking crabs for crab cakes and these were excellent. Friends had the Lobster Roll and the Chicken and both siad they were very good. This was my first time eating here and plan to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch at st bartsjessica1Dined on 7/11/2014went to lunch with a friend around 2:00. it was during the week so it wasn't too busy. waiter was VERY friendly. awesome service. the food was average. nothing special. clean bathroom. it is outdoor but doesn't have an amazing view or anything. there is a tv at the bar. great for after work drinks.Special Features:
- Great outdoor eating spotCelebratingGraduateDined on 6/14/2014Food good, service good, ambience fabulous. Perfect for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favoriteFlorenceTVIPDined on 6/10/2014My husband and I enjoy eating here whenever he comes to Manhattan.Special Features: