10499 Innovation Drive
Wauwatosa, WI 53226Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.innovationrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4142590793
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Woida
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Innovation offers several smaller rooms and larger banquet space through the adjacent Crowne-Plaza Hotel.
- Private Party Contact: Kaelyn Perlberg 4144759500
A word from Innovation
Innovation is a Contemporary American, casual dining concept. Innovation offers a selection of Certified Angus Steaks, Fresh Seafood, Pasta, Sandwiches and more. Come join us at Innovation, the place to gather, dine & celebrate!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Innovation reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We went on our first Mami/Daddy after first baby born date (7 months), it was a nice place, well lit and had some good options for food. Our Server tooka long time before she came to ask us about drinks, appetizers and to bring our drinks (Just Soda) to us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shouldn't name your restaurant...Mad4foodDined on 9/10/2014Innovation (the street name) if you aren't going to live up to it. Ordered frisée salad and mussels in wine for a light meal. The mussels were clean but the broth tasted like they used cooking wine. The salad dressing was tasty but some of the frisée was so old it was almost slimy. All in all for an out of towner it was a pretty dismal experience. The food was NOT innovative.
- Food alright, service greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Our waitress was very accommodating and very attentive. The food was decentSpecial Features:
- luvopentableVIPDined on 7/17/2014It is totally amazing how a hotel restaurant can create such fantastic food. We had the small filet with blue cheese butter, caramelized onions, and mushrooms . . . exquisite! We had the Mediterranean Tapas as a bar appetizer, which served beautifully and tasted as good as it looked. When you visit Innovations, don't forget to try the Cheddar Beer soup, which is the best we've tasted anywhere!!!Special Features:
- Sunday brunchDisappointingDined on 6/8/2014Our party of 3 was was seated about as far away from the buffet as we could get considering the restaurant was nearly empty. There was no one at the carving station at any time that the 3 of us made a trip to the buffet and only once during those trips was there someone manning the omelet station. The prime rib was not even warm. The rest of the food was not what I had expected having had dinner there previously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 168 reviews are from the Innovation reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014It felt too much like a motel lobby to garner any real praise.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2014Food not worth the price. Waitress and hostess very nice when we requested our table to be cleaned (twice but we should have not had to do that in the first place. Food was mediocre but expensive. Not going back
- Good place to take visitorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014We often have visitors stay at this hotel when they come to visit MCW/Froedtert and Innovations is an excellent place to catch a meal, whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The food is always good, the service is excellent, and the ambiance is bright and clean. It's usually pretty quiet so good to have conversations or take a group and still be able to interact well.Special Features:
- luvopentableVIPDined on 4/17/2014Excellent - lunch is as good as dinner here. The cheddar beer soup is amazing!Special Features:
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014I completely enjoyed our meal, great wait staff wonderful fish fry and absolutely loved the salad bar. We will be back.Special Features:
- Very Good ExperienceMahvelousmDined on 3/16/2014I must say that this is definitely a place that I will be returning to. The hosts and waitress were so very helpful and friendly. The prime rib was on 10! Spinach dip was on 10. Everything was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have eaten here in theCherylDined on 3/15/2014We have eaten here in the past and have always been happy with food and service. Food was good, but cold. Service was a bit uneven.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchMitchriderDined on 3/9/2014Wife and I went to brunch after church and enjoyed it very much. The wait staff was great and a nice selection of different foods. This was not the best brunch we have ever been to but it was worth going.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSmokey1Dined on 2/14/2014Beautiful decor, accommodating, helpful staff, and good food. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow, Blah, Grossdavd123Dined on 1/25/2014We had high hopes of this restaurant. It fell short in every way. Cons: Service was not good. Our water glasses were never refilled, no one came to check on our meals, our check was tossed on our table before we had finished. The food was blah. Normally, I'd say the portions were too small, but given that the food was below average, it was okay. The food was lukewarm when it came to our table. It was overpriced for what we received. The wine was gross. We are not wine connoisseurs, but we know what old wine (maybe they were trying to age it themselves?) tastes like. Ew. We were given two gift certificates. We were only able to use one per visit. Fortunately, we were able to exchange the unused one for somewhere else. We won't be back.
- not so good food.mck738VIPDined on 1/24/2014the market bar was skimpy on greens and heavy on bread like food.fish was walleye but was pieces of some rather tasteless ends of fish. the wine and beer list was good and extensive in variety. our server heather was very pleasant and efficient.
- Good buffetJhildeDined on 1/19/2014Prime rib was excellent. Often buffet "prime rib" tastes more like a beef roast. Instead instead the prime rib here was like ordering from a good restaurant . Also recommend the shrimp and cheesecake on the dessert table.Special Features:
- never again1sttimerDined on 12/21/2013Scallops were overcooked. Waitress not very friendly. No specials. Restaurant hard to locate. Won't go back.
- Cold FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2013Tuna appetizer was over cooked. Main course was well prepared, but it was served on cold plates. So the food was not hot at service time. No chocolate desert choice on menu. Room Service was 40 minutes, again the food was well prepared but cold by the time it was delivered.
- The Friday Chef's MarketplaceluvopentableVIPDined on 11/22/2013The Friday Chef's Marketplace Buffet is wonderful for lunch; beer-battered cod and potato pancakes to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salad bar!fussyfoodieDined on 11/8/2013Love their fish fry. The baked fish was very good. The clam chowder is always good, a little thick this time, tho. The salad bar was very fresh and the breads were fresh also. Will go back again since the baked fish is good for our diets!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodating staffDebTVIPDined on 10/14/2013The food was good, but what stood out was the accommodating waitress and kitchen staff. I am on a restricted diet for now and they made sure I had what I needed.Special Features:
- Innovations has been one ofluvopentableVIPDined on 10/3/2013Innovations has been one of our faves, but now the menu is totally changed; no tempura shrimp, blackened tilapia, etc. -- more to the burgers and sandwich menu now. They still do have their fantastic beer cheddar soup though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemdadandaonDined on 10/2/2013Hotel restaurants are often under-rated, and Innovations is no exception. Our steaks were correctly cooked and had a good beef flavor, on par with the Chophouse and Capitol Grill downtown. The rolls were delicious, and were refilled without asking. Potato and asparagus side dishes were good. The sparsely filled restaurant was quiet. Our servers were attentive, but not cloying. Ignore the construction on Watertown Plank and grab an excellent steak dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday dinnerMoandJaneDined on 9/20/2013Based on my exploration of the reataurant's website prior to visiting, I was expecting a wonderful menu and a great dining experience when I chose to eat at Innovation for the very first time. While the food was quite good, I was very disappointed with the menu overall. There were very few items from which to choose, and there was no sign of a dessert list. Perhaps that is standard on a Friday due to the fish fry the restaurant offers, but it would have been helpful to note that information on the web page. I look forward to visiting Innovation on a different day so I may check out the entire menu's offerings.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseScottDined on 8/23/2013The best fish fry I have been to. Very good food along with excellent salad & soup bar. Incredible value for the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dinner DateKat33Dined on 8/16/2013We try to go out for a nice dinner a couple of times a year. My husband prefers steak and he was not disappointed with his. I had the Friday Fish Fry baked cod dinner and it was also very good . Salad bar was so-so but I loved the cornbread. Would like to try again on another night but Friday to see what other dinners are offered since I'm not a steak eater. Our server and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDebTVIPDined on 8/13/2013They have some great happy hour specials. I really like the chicken salad sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish fryKathyDined on 7/19/2013Unfortunately, I will not be returning to this restaurant for their Friday night fish fry. The salad bar had very little to offer, the hush puppies were dry as a bone and the fish was terrible. The baked fish was as big as my finger and was completely over done. The fried fish was extremely greasy. Even though it was "all you can eat," I sure didn't want any more due to the quality. It was over priced at $11.95.
- Nice brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013Good variety for brunch. Everything was very fresh. Decent prime rib. Omelette bar is very nice also.Special Features:
- Great nightstarviewerDined on 5/11/2013It was our first time at Innovation and we all loved it. We had a party of 6 people and not one of us were disappointed. The food was great and the service was excellent. Four of us had the prime rib and then one had the fillet and the other had chicken the food was hot and done to perfection and I would recommend Innovation to any and everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neautralzmunnieVIPDined on 4/18/2013went there for the first time and ordered the mahi mahi with the mango salsa...and the fish was VERY dry. the wild rice side was good (a little salty). my partner ordered the iron flat steak with the baked potato. It was alright. the waitress took a while to come to our table for water and the check.Special Features:
- Ambiance is lacking. However,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Ambiance is lacking. However, food is better than you'd expect and service has been excellent the 3 times we've dined there. The all-you-can-eat fish fry is excellent. They have a salad/soup/cheese bar that is excellent too. I wish they'd use some paint and new carpet to pop up the atmosphere.
- Decent place for a date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013The food wasn't spectacular, yet it wasn't bad. I liked the decor and it was fairly quiet, maybe too quiet for some people's taste. The service was fast and like I stated the food wasn't bad either. If I wanted a quick decent place to go, that's not too loud on a date night, I would definetly patron them again!
- Ladies Who LuncholderwiserVIPDined on 3/26/2013Lovely lunch with a group of six ladies. Excellent service and a menu that provided a nice variety of lunch entrees. Pleased everyone who wanted a salad, sandwich, pasta, or full lunch entree.Special Features:
- One of the worst experiences...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013After we were seated, we had one of the worst dining experiences ever. Despite the fact that the restaurant was only partially full, we were waited on by like 8 different people. Our original waitress took our order and never came back until the end, when she seemed to be irritated that we wanted dessert; the bartender finally brought my drink after about 15 minutes; someone else brought out our food; after being ignored for over an hour, we were still waiting for anyone to come over, and finally had to flag down another person to ask for more water - she turned, pointed to a table nearby and said "it's over there" then walked away. Our food wasn't terrible, but the service was bad enough to never go back.Special Features:
- Limited Menu and Meh at thatChrisVIPDined on 2/15/2013The menu was limited. Normally a portobello burger is just that - a vegetarian option consisting of a large grilled portobello mushroom I've never been anywhere where it's been anything other than that. Here, it was a beef burger with portobello mushrooms on it. My dinner companion informed me on the way there that she is a vegetarian (actually, she'd been practicing a vegan lifestyle). There was nothing for her to eat - at least nothing that appealed to her. She was dismayed that the portobello burger was not as it is every other place. My salad was just okay. Nothing better than any other caesar salad served at any other restaurant or even out of a bag at the grocery store. We went there because I'd never been and it was close. Meh
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2013We have had good experiences here but not tonight. We were seated near the door - close to the server's counter and next to a large group that became louder as the night progressed. All new diners needed to pass by our table on their way to the main dining room. Our cocktails were weak and not even what we ordered. Their replacements were good but arrived halfway through our meal. Our server was not attentive until we had to hail down the maitre d' about our drinks. If we do return, we will definitely not accept the same seating.
- Saturday at 7:00 and we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Saturday at 7:00 and we were 1 of 2 parties in this hotel restaurant???? Abiance awful. Food Ok @ fair price but if you are looking for a nice dining experience...this is NOT it.
- Attentive service; easy toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Attentive service; easy to access location close to many area familiar shopping and business spots; quiet enough for conversation; reasonable prices; good foodSpecial Features: