Inn on the Twenty
3836 Main Street
Jordan, ON L0R 1S0Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Inn on the Twenty
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.innonthetwenty.com/
- Phone: (905) 562-7313
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00am - 10:00am;
(OFFERING A CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST OF FRESH FRUIT,
PASTRIES, COLD CEREALS, YOGURT + FEATURED DAILY
HOT ITEM FROM OUR KITCHEN.)
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Light Menu: Daily: 3:00pm - 4:30pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Frank Romano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: PRIVATE ROOMS: Rooms can be viewed at www.innonthetwenty.com WINDOWS ON THE TWENTY: Windows On The Twenty offers a spectacular view of the Twenty Mile Creek Valley for up to 135 guests. This room offers a bright airy atmosphere by day and romantic golden ambiance by night. This room can also be reconfigured for meetings up to 100 participants. THE JORDAN ROOM: The Jordan Room features six large windows over looking the charming Main Street of Jordan. An elegant dining environment for up to 48 guests. An ideal room for meetings up to 20 boardroom style. THE WINE LIBRARY: The Wine Library, which is downstairs, offers private dining for intimate groups of no more than 24. Immediately adjacent to our front door, this room offers the opportunity for your guests to easily wander out onto our terrace on pleasant evenings. THE VINTNER’S CELLAR: This fully renovated space in our century-old cellar provides a completely unique venue for a special event up to 40 guest
- Private Party Contact: Special Events (905)562-5336x313
- Cross Street: 19th Street
- Public Transit: Unlike an urban property, On The Twenty is not well served by public transportation options. We urge you to consider this issue in planning the conclusion of your evening or event.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We provide ample parking next door for both the restaurant and Inn. Additional parking is available a short walk up the street at our Jordan House Inn property.
A word from Inn on the Twenty
On The Twenty was envisioned as a place where Niagara's food and wine bounty could be presented in an innovative and inspiring way. We aim to deliver freshness and sophistication to meals that will harmonize well with the wines of Cave Spring and its colleagues in this unique wine region. Where possible, we focus on fresh regional produce that our neighbours grow here in Niagara. Our location was decided on by Leonard Pennachetti who, when looking for a building with a great cellar, happened upon the old Jordan Wines building. The building in which the restaurant is located dates back to the 1830s. The addition of the terrace, restaurant, meeting space, gardens, and many retail boutiques have totally changed the character of both the building and this end of historic Jordan Village. All in all, Jordan Village makes a great destination for a day trip, special event, or a romantic getaway. It is our privilege to enjoy Jordan everyday, we would love to share it with you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Inn on the Twenty - Best Restaurants in Niagara ›
Inn on the Twenty reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)scenic view (60)fit for foodies (59)romantic (58)notable wine list (45)great for lunch (33)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (23)great for brunch (16)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- KitKatKitKatDined on 11/7/2014The presentation of the Beet Salad was spectacular. The Duck Breast was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inn on the TwentyQatarguy1Dined on 11/2/2014Very nice setting, very good service. Food tasty and well prepared, but not fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the TwentyDerekDined on 10/25/2014It was really a great experience. Could not have been better. The food was fantastic, the restaurant was beautiful and the views were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionThegoodlifeDined on 10/20/2014Beautiful restaurant, delicious food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I set my expectations too highszfoodieDined on 10/4/2014I think I had higher hopes for my experience. We were a party of 2 for 8pm reservations. We were seated promptly, the atmosphere and lighting was perfect. The menu was nicely varied with lots of good choices. But things went downhill from there. My dining partners scallops were fishy smelling, and my beef carpaccio was bland, without any accompaniments to perk it up. My dining partner's steak was undercooked, which required being sent back and thus creating the ackward situation where one is finished and the other isn't. The dessert, labelled sticky toffee pudding, was merely a spice cake with icecream. Overall, I was hoping to have my taste buds wooed, but they were underwhelmed. I don't think I'd go back.
- All rant, no rave...cabmerlotDined on 10/4/2014After many years of wanting to go to Inn on the Twenty, we picked this fall to go and hopefully catch the changing leaves. We did get to experience this. As for the food to go with the view, it was terribly disappointing. I'm not sure who is responsible for pairing the dishes, but they are missing the mark on so many levels. The special soup was very nice, the mixed tomato appy was okay. The pacific shrimp appy was horrible. The blend of watermelon, feta, shrimp and mint sorbet was all over the place and not tasty. Our main of lamb with risotto was very poor. The risotto just didn't belong on the plate and was not well done, my lamb had to be sent back because it wasn't cooked on the inside, I mean raw! I had asked for med. Save the $Special Features:
- Foodie4lifeDined on 10/3/2014Exceptional dining experience! Great food, mussels and gourmet burger, were excellent. The service was also noteworthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichlynDined on 9/28/2014As always, we had a really good brunch in a very nice atmosphere with excellent service.Special Features:
- Accomodating Service, Great DiningFinnDined on 9/28/2014Great setup for our group of seven who were meeting & dining. The menu was diverse enough to meet a variety of preferences including vegetarians. Rave reviews of the Arctic Char special, the Canadian Lamb Loin, and the Wellington County Beef Burger. The dessert offerings were as delicious as the k The service was exemplary - and very accommodating to our need to meet around the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food and service was excellent, the surroundings/ ambience were lacking and the noise level in the dining room created the conversation impossible at the table. It was not how I remembered the Inn on Twenty.
- Food excellent, good presentation.FoodyEd1234Dined on 9/26/2014Food was excellent, good presentation. Wine list was short. Had the Duck was supposed to be cooked as recommended by our waiter ROSY. came to us cook Blue. However the plate was full of flavor. No excuse for plate being under cooked as the room was 1/4 full so no pressure there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The dinner we had was the best food I have ever had, the presentation was excellent. Everything was cooked to perfection and I would recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:
- Nice place for lunchOakvilleRegularsDined on 9/20/2014We are regulars at the Inn on the Twenty. Service was excellent and usually the food is excellent. We ordered the smoked pork chops and were a little dispointed that it did not the "smoked" taste as per previous visits. Everyhing else was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous JemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We loved our meal and wine selection at Inn on the Twenty-it's far better than the other top spot we heard about in the area. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Loved "On the Twenty"hatestocookDined on 9/6/2014Loved "On the Twenty". Our server (Patty I believe) was fabulous. We loved the fact that the tables were not too close together. The food and the service were excellent. The only negative (and it is a very small negative) would be the scallop appetizer. While it tasted great and the presentation was beautiful I believe they only used one scallop (very thinly sliced). An extra scallop or two would have been nice.Special Features:
- Lovely and elegantTessabooDined on 9/4/2014Food was quite gourmet and server was friendly, very knowledgeable with not only the menu but also the wine list. My fois gras was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodjwongclanDined on 8/31/2014One of the gems in wine country. The food is always top notch and reasonably priced for the area. Service can be on the slow side. Overall a solid choice for consistently high quality food.Special Features:
- on the twentyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014on the twenty is a destination because it is in the middle of nowhere between Buffalo NY and Toronto or Stratford, Ontario. It sits in a lush escarpment in the Jordan Valley. The food is unique, first rate, and extremely well prepared. We have been there many times, but this time Kathy Fox was our server. She was prompt, funny, very efficient and kind, and just great fun. She had a difficult table next to us and handled it with great aplomb. Also Patty at the desk was extremely good. Their winery, Cave Spring, has some of the best wine anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great presentation and great foodToronto1Dined on 8/30/2014Th efood was inventive, the presentation very pleasing and very we had good service. A simple recipe for success.Special Features:
- less than satisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014when ordering the scallop appetizer I did not realize that it would be raw and when it came it smelled very fishy (fresh scallops usually don't smell that bad) I did manage to discreetly dispose of them. even less appetizing was the duck breast very under done steak is fine "blue rare" but duck not so much. I just paid the bill and left the food on the plate. perhaps the chef is a cannibal or just was in a rush to get done for the night? Morrie Baylor
- ambrotDined on 8/30/2014Fabulous dinner in wine country. My husband's white shrimp on watermelon with arugula pesto and cucumber sorbet was to die for, and I loved my heirloom tomato salad. My smoked duck breast was perfection. Great service as well.Special Features:
- WonderfulfoodiliciousDined on 8/30/2014Once again our dining experience at the Inn was perfect!! Food was delish, wait staff fantabulous, atmosphere perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best near Niagara on the LakeLindaIgDined on 8/21/2014These days it's called a dining experience .Truly good food prepared with skill and knowledge. There's hardly anything beyond okay in this part of Niagara and this is way beyond that. Seasoning enhances not overwhelms, presentation is attractive without architecture, service is appropriately friendly not obsequious. Expensive but not overpriced.Special Features:
- Not disappointedJRMcHDined on 8/21/2014We hadn't been to the restaurant for several years but had pleasant memories. We were not disappointed with our return visit. Great view complimented by superior service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchsatisfied1Dined on 8/20/2014All of us would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- My aunt's first visit to NiagaraSYBJtamDined on 8/18/2014It was a sunny Monday and was my aunt's first visit to Niagara. I have been in On the Twenty before and wanted to show her. We ordered 2 lunch specials of pork chop. Th esoup was pear and pear with goat cheese. It was hot and tasty. But the pork chop was so so lean and dry. My aunt is an elderly, she found hard to chew. The other pork chop is very much the same just that I sliced it in to very thin slices. The dessert is a straberry pudding - nothing extraordinary. To me, the food at On the Twenty had deteriated comparing to previous year. I don't think i will go back again.Special Features:
- WheezerDined on 8/16/2014We were placed at the window overlooking the garden which was a lovely spot. Our server was very busy but took great care to ensure that were well looked after. The meals were exquisite.Special Features:
- While in JordanWatercolorDined on 8/15/2014The Inn on the Twenty Restaurant was wonderful. Food very good to excellent. The salads and deserts are highlights. The service is wonderful. We had Claire serve us on the first of two dinners. She was professional, fun and attentive. She has been a server at the Inn on Twenty for several years and it shows in her knowledge, attentiveness and fluid service. We also had breakfast at the Inn on the Twenty as we stayed at the Bed and Breakfast of the same name. The service was exceptional and the breakfast which included cold and hot offerings delicious. Thank you Joanne! You are truly a gem!Special Features:
- Romantic birthday celebrationEugene59Dined on 8/11/2014My wife surprised me with reservations. It gave us a chance to dressup and make going here, another date night. There is a great variety of choices on the menu and the tastes "mmmmh good". The presentation was exquisite and the birthday candle on my panna cotta was a nice touch. The last notable time we were @ Inn on the Twenty was July 8, 2012...it was the 5 yr Anniversary of my wife's "2nd chance at Life". My wife's life was saved @ LHSC on July 8, 2007 @ 6am, Patty had a liver transplant. Kind regards, Eugene Serwatiak.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Fantastic experience -- we brought our children -- first time for our son in law from Calgary -- so we wanted it to be special and it was!! Thanks so much. Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Country eleganceCanuck73Dined on 8/9/2014Delicious food. Nice for couples for a special occasion. Would have loved it if they had an outdoor patio. Beautifully refurbished interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningLandDDined on 8/5/2014It was our first time there. We would definitely return. Food was great. Brian was very professional, and his service certainly helped to make the evening enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well paired food and winesOttawaDined on 8/1/2014Our attentive, knowledgeable server gave great advice on pairing Cave Spring wines with our various dishes. Luscious pork. Just-right serving sizes for a three-course lunch.Special Features:
- Great ambience!luv2eatDined on 7/27/2014We had a special occasion dinner at Inn on the Twenty. The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. The smoked duck breast melted in your mouth and the vegetables were tender crisp not soggy. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for a special mealladieslunchDined on 7/27/2014Once again a delicious meal and friendly and attentive service. The asparagus soup was fantastic. The house Riesling matched the pork loin perfectly. Only one (of four) of us left a speck on the plate and that was to be taken home for the next day's lunch. And there was a candle with dessert (not ordered in advance) for the Birthday girl!Special Features:
- Good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014Inn on the Twenty is one of the choices (the other is Vineland) for me to stop for a bite while on the wine route. The food is always good and the wines from Cave Spring are always reliable and fairly priced. My daughter had a lamb loin which was done medium, it was juicy and favourful, the lamb sausage on the side tasted great too. My lunch set comes with a cream of asparagus soup which was light and fit for summer. The pork chop was grilled to perfection with home fries done with duck fat. The dessert pudding was light and not too sweet. Great lunch with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 546 reviews are from the Inn on the Twenty reviews archive.
- DisappointedFoodie77Dined on 7/26/2014We have eaten here many times over the years with delight. This time we were bringing guests there and had raved about dinner. Sadly, our advanced raves didn't meet the reality. The chef seemed to have lost his salt shaker in preparation of most dishes. The soup was so bland each of us had to season it. The ribeyes were cooked correctly but the meat was tough (but cut) and severely under-seasoned. The ambiance is great, but overall not a great experience and likely won't be back anytime soon. Far too big of a bill to be dissatisfied as much as we were. In general a much more senior clientele that night so perhaps they are cooking more to the demographic who prefer less salt and flavour.Special Features:
- HardtoPleaseDined on 7/21/2014Delicious food and attentive service in a beautiful setting. I had not been to the Inn in quite a few years and it was good to see it is as good now as it was then.
- FrostyDined on 7/20/2014Great ambiance lovely view and terrific service although on the pricey list. A lovely restaurant for a special occasion for lunch or dinner for a couple or group. We have been several times when in Jordan and always highly recommend the venue. Always consistent!Special Features:
- Nice place to get good foodOakvilleRegularsDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I go there at least once every two months. We drive from Oakville to Jordan as we enjoy the area (not the traffic on QEW). Food is excellent and great value.Special Features: