Inn at Dos Brisas
10000 Champion Drive (Off FM1155)
Washington, TX 77880Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Inn at Dos Brisas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dosbrisas.com/
- Phone: 9792777750x
- Hours of Operation:
The Inn is open for public dining for dinner every day: seatings from 6:00pm - 9:00pm. Saturday lunch by phone reservation, and Sunday brunch we are also open to the public from 11am to 2pm. Other days and times are reserved for in-house guests only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zachary Ladwig
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Separate private dining room with wine cellar, and rose garden and horse pasture views. Seats up to 30. Buyout of entire property is available.
- Private Party Contact: Guest Services 9792777750x
- Special Events: Special events at Dos Brisas are especially welcome. Please contact our management for special event rates and planning.
A word from Inn at Dos Brisas
The Inn at Dos Brisas is a spectacular country Relais & Chateaux with Texas' only Forbes 5-star restaurant. The Inn features a Wine Spectator "Best of Award for Excellence" collection with a 5000 bottle wine cellar. The Inn is tucked amidst rolling green meadows and organic farm rows. We are between Houston (one scenic hour away) and Austin. Our menu is created with a cutting-edge blend of French quality, American flair for presentation and the subtleties of Asian minimalism using hand-picked herbs and spices from our organic gardens blended with seasonal produce from our organic farm and greenhouses. Our friendly knowledgeable staff and superb wine selections complement any meal. Our dining room features a rustic 1760's Loire Valley fireplace, large windows and porches overlooking rolling hills. This combines with sophisticated accoutrements to ensure that each dining experience exceeds expectations. Public Transit: We can arrange a limousine for the ultimate in door to door service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Inn at Dos Brisas - Best Restaurants in Brenham ›
Inn at Dos Brisas reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (4)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (3)special occasion (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OutstandingYomoDined on 9/10/2014An incredible meal, impeccable service and beautiful ambience. A true 5 star establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Dos Brisas ExperienceadventurousDined on 9/3/2014After waiting about two weeks for a reservation, claiming to be booked or not available, when we arrived and left, we were the only party ( of two). The reception was very warm, the attendant quite pleasant and helpful. The food was outstanding, a Tasting Menu of 8 courses, perhaps too much, but every one of them delicious. The cocktail list online had featured the Sazerac, one of my husband's favorite cocktails, but they had no absinthe, so they could not make it. The prices are very high, both for food and wine. For a special occasion ( my husband's birthday, and nothing special was offered, not even a candle on the dessert), it is very nice, but may not warrant a return due to price and distance from metro areas.Special Features:
- We had an absolutely lovely dinner!JackDined on 8/10/2014The wait staff (Stephanie and Jean) were absolutely wonderful. They were very knowledgeable, friendly, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary BlissHiddenGems4UDined on 8/3/2014Desired a place that did not require a 9 hour flight. Presentation of food, list of wines, service were outstanding. Lobster roll, skimpy, the flat iron steak the best. Would choose this place above the Sandal's Couples Only Resorts. Out of 9 tables only 3 were occupied allowing us to have some quiet downtime. Told Elijah it was our anniversary when I made the reservation, would have appreciated an extra touch for our special celebration. Brunch for 2 = $225.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heaven in the hill countryMagnificentVIPDined on 5/17/2014We have been several times and find the Inn at Dos Brisas to be not just a destination but an experience. The owners and general manager are gracious and genuinely care about their guests. The menu was a wonderful tasting experience and deserving of the Relais & Chateux recognition. The service was impeccable with Ashley taking extraordinary care of us. If you love exquisite food and great service there is no better place in the Houston area.Special Features:
- Dos Brisas is SpecialTXdinerDined on 5/11/2014Review the menu and pricing before you book to make sure it is what you want--if it is to your liking, your experience will likely exceed your expectation. The food and atmosphere is exactly as advertised-exceptional at the noted price. A very special place for special events, we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No DisappointmentsChuckDined on 4/25/2014We had lunch at Dos Brisas on 4/25 during an amble through the region. It's not easy to find (we entered by the back gate...which is even more difficult) but it's worth the effort. We would expect that it would be even more difficult to find after dark. One can easily understand the accolades once you see the place and experience its hospitality. We would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a truly delightful and memorable dining experience (we did not stay at the Inn so can't comment on the guest quarters). Expect to have a heavy hit to your charge card but it's good value for money and the dining experience is priceless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Magical!TandTDined on 4/8/2014We had a truly magical dinner experience at the Inn at Dos Brisas. We had the chef's seven course and the wine pairing, and the attention to detail in the preparation, presentation, explanation (for both the food and the wine), taste and pace were exceptional. It would be hard to imagine having a better dinner anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dos BrisasMartyDined on 4/3/2014I don't quite get the 5 star Forbes rating. We had the tasting menu. A few items were especially good, but most were just okay. The wine pairing was very good. We will not go back. For the price there are much better resturaunts.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in Rural Texaseat2liveDined on 3/28/2014One of only two Relais and Chateaux establishments in the state of Texas, the Inn at Dos Brisas is in a remote area of the countryside between Houston and Austin near the tiny town of Brenham. We couldn't afford to spend the night there, but splurged on dinner in the peaceful dining room which overlooks a reflecting pool with a vast expanse of rolling meadows beyond. The service was attentive without being intrusive; the wine list extensive; and the inventive cuisine unlike anything I'd ever tasted before. Just, wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dos Brisas DisappointmentspeakuveatingDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I had looked forward to our dinner at this restaurant to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It seems like when I made the reservation that I'd mentioned that fact but it was never mentioned at the restaurant. The service was fabulous and the wines we had were very nice. The first course that I ordered was a mushroom flan type of dish. The consistency was kind of slimy and disintegrated as I put my spoon in it. My husband ordered a scallop dish which include 1 1/2 medium to small sized scallops. Our main entrees, mine a fish and my husband's was lamb. Both okay but nothing special. The dessert menu was so disappointing that we ordered a wonderful 50 year old Port which was fabulous. Great wines!Special Features:
- Not what it used to begastroexperienceDined on 3/9/2014Over the years Dos Brisas has been a haven of extraordinary service and ambiance and really exceptional food. We had not visited for about two or three years. Sadly, no longer the gem that it was, although everyone tries very hard. Minute proportions and unsuccessful combinations. A great disappointment for brunch. Perhaps dinner still holds the magic? It no longer felt 'exceptional' and the price quite out of proportion to value received.Special Features:
- A Diamond in the Rough, in TexasAustiniteDined on 2/15/2014This small private luxury resort in the historic town of Chappell Hill Texas has a lovely restaurant that only seats about 8 tables at a time. Located near Brenham, between Austin and Houston, we have made the lovely drive through Texas farmlands twice now and it has not disappointed! The food is exquisitely prepared using fresh and many local ingredients. There are no cell phones, cameras flashing, or kids screaming, and men are required to wear jackets. This is a classic "fine dining" experience (no children under 12 allowed) and a welcome change from today's usual restaurant choices. We have not stayed at the resort but hope to at some point in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The most Wonderful Texas Getaway!!dcallen25Dined on 2/14/2014I spent Valentine's 2014 full service with wine parings here and I have done some out of state and out of country Valentines dinners and this simply tops them all. Outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 32nd Wedding AnniversaryMCity2Dined on 2/2/2014Their Sunday Brunch set the perfect atmosphere for celebrating our wedding anniversary month. The food was exquisite!. The service was outstanding and the grounds were over the top! We dined like royalty while enjoying our mimosas and 3-course. Chef Ralph-V is sensational. We see why Forbes voted this restaurant a '5' star!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Test Drive For Our WeddingRedLadyDined on 1/25/2014My fiance and I are getting married at Dos Brisas this year, so we thought we would try out their menu and see how the restaurant and grounds look at night. DB is absolutely beautiful and the staff is beyond top-notch. This is a reservations-only restaurant (you can't just drop in). Upon our arrival, the valet (complimentary) already knew our names and our car was ready and warmed up for our ride home. Ashley greeted us outside and was our server throughout the wine-paired meals.She also provided us with a wealth of information about the property and surrounding areas. The food was phenomenal! We loved everything! Thank you chef! We will definitely be back soon and will stay overnight in a casita for the fully DB experience.Special Features:
- What a treat in Texas!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2014Excellent quality tasting menu! We truly enjoyed the unique flavor and presentation of each dish, especially the Foie Gras! Wine pairings exceeded our expectations and the sommelier made some minor adjustments for our taste. Perfect night for a celebratory dinner or romantic treat! The quality of food and service rivals any fine dining in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, a countryside treasurePCD3VIPDined on 1/3/2014We stayed at Dos Brisas 3 nights and had 2 dinners there. We often eat at Michelin stars. Overall, the Brisas experience was high quality. The chef and mgmt are top professionals who've moved out there to continue Brisas' quest to be a renowned experience. The hotel and wait staff are very pleasant, helpful and courteous. That said...the food, while ambitious and of a very high level, lacked the "pop" you would expect from this caliber. Only 3 dishes (fois gras, two pasta dishes) out of the 12 over 2 nights, really had that "pop". Also, while the wine pairings were good, they were often late to the table. The course arrives but you are staring at an old glass, while you wait for the proper wine, or eat without it. We'll gladly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dos BrisasJohnny26Dined on 10/26/2013Food and Service were great. I enjoyed the ambiance of the facility also, but it is WAY TOO expensive. The portions are also WAY TOO small. With one exception i could eat every serving in one bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SerenityRobertDined on 10/6/2013This place gives you a feeling of serenity from the moment you walk in. The elegance, quietness and class of this establishment makes it a definite dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chateau RelaisDaveEnglishDined on 9/1/2013Not quite up to Chateau Relais standards for their other venues we have visited throughout the world.Special Features:
- Dinner at Dos Brisas - August 2013BobRobDined on 8/15/2013This was our second experience at Dos Brisas. My wife and I enjoyed our 32nd anniversary and had a wonderful dinner. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2013If you are looking for an excursion and a unique dining experience, the Inn at Dos Brisas should not disappoint. 70% of the ingredients are from the property, so the menu evolves with the seasons. The service was great. For dinner, the only option was a chef set tasting menu with an additional option of foi gras and squab. Fortunately we liked most of the tasting menu list and my husband's favorite was the foi gras and squab. There were 2 desserts and both were a little disappointing, but the complimentary candies at the end of the meal made up for them. Note: gratuity of 20% is included on the bill regardless of party size. Overall we had an excellent time at the Inn at Dos Brisas & would love to return to try brunch someday soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dos Brisas brunchCoveVIPDined on 5/5/2013Beautiful place with top notch food and service. We had brunch with another couple in early may and totally enjoyed our time their but it cost more than mty first car. I thought the wine prices were outrageousSpecial Features:
- WE enjoyed our visit but aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013WE enjoyed our visit but a little early for the bluebonnets. My main course, Hueves Rancheros, was not up to usual standards.Special Features:
- We loved everything aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2013We loved everything about our evening, perhaps they just got it perfect this once, but I cannot imagine a more perfect setting or food being prepared any better.Special Features:
- Good, but not exceptional,phi1566VIPDined on 2/16/2013Good, but not exceptional, which is the price point($400-$600 per couple).Special Features:
- The food was creative andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2013The food was creative and exposed my palate to different ingredients and preparation techniques unknown to me to that point. I have not been to Michelin starred restaurants, but enjoy my share of fine dining experiences. Clearly one of the top 3 restaurants I've had the pleasure to experience.Special Features:
- We spent three days at theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2012We spent three days at the Inn at Dos Brisas and enjoyed lunch and dinner. The food was the best we have had in Texas and the personal service and customization of menus to our needs was amazing.Special Features:
- What a wonderful discovery!jeanniekVIPDined on 9/25/2012What a wonderful discovery! An effort to drive to but well worth the effort....and you can stay the night! It was like being on a Holiday in another country.Special Features:
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/3/2012Best restaurant I have ever been to and I have been to some great restaurants.
- GREAT in every way. ExpensiveElaineDined on 5/23/2012GREAT in every way. Expensive but worth it for a special occasion, which it was for us.Special Features:
- Brunch was good but cannotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Brunch was good but cannot compare with the 8 course dinner with wine pairing. Chef Raj is truly a master!Special Features:
- A very special place withOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/21/2012A very special place with appropriate attention from the entire staff including the chef. The food was as good as we had hoped it would be.Special Features:
- memorable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2012The restaurant staff is always personable and provided excellent service. Last visit was there in june 2010 sadly our favorite sommelier, she was not there on staff, last year we enjoyed her wine class, it was excellent, she offered us both a memorable experience and an education in wine, she was extremely helpful. The restaurant is located in the resort. Though we can't go as often as we'd like, every time we do make it to the restaurant we are never disappointed. The service is always attentive without being smothering, paced without feeling rushed. The food, deliciousSpecial Features:
- Honestly, the food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/17/2011Honestly, the food quality has declined since our visit in the summer of 2010. The atmosphere and service are top notch, but the food was not good.
- The five course meal was delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011The five course meal was delightful, but we found most enjoyable was the relaxed atmosphere, the warmth of the fireplace, the Christmas decor, and the slower pace of dining. The service, the ambiance, and the total picture was divine. Thank you for an enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- The ambiance provided forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/27/2011The ambiance provided for a personal and intimate setting. The outdoor landscape was absolutely beautiful with impeccable attention to each detail. The large hearth was expertly ordained with Christmas cheer. The fresh savory blends of herbs added to the succulence of meal.Special Features:
- Most a memorable experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2011Y'all if you are a meat and potatoes person, this is not for you. Restaurant, service staff made a big deal out of celebrating our anniversary with personalized menus, a rose from their garden, for my wife. The food outstanding, world class wine pairings really do standout. The GM, slight british accent, brought their chef to our table, she is as good at pairing wines, as she is at charming her guests, she also made a cocktail to die for, with fresh herbs from their own garden. Service staff are outstanding, turned our meal to a memorable experience. Here you are definitely paying for quality and not quantity. Our negative feedback, their website and their music includes a list of bad songs sorted by even worse artists. W'll be back again!Special Features:
- This was a wonderful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2011This was a wonderful dining experience. We had the eight-course tasting menu. Dinner was four hours long. The food was superb and the atmospher was perfect. We dined in front of the largefireplace and it was very romantic.Special Features: