8360 Melrose Avenue #101
Los Angeles, CA 90069Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mvink.com/
- Phone: 3236515866x
- Hours of Operation:
ink. seats for dinner daily 6pm-11pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Voltaggio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full buy out only. Please contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 3236515866x
A word from ink.
ink. is chef michael voltaggio’s first signature restaurant. alluding to the idea of permanence, ink. endeavors to create an indelible impression with flavor profiles that are inspired by the myriad of cultures that make up the city of los angeles. Thusly, he describes the food at ink. as “modern los angeles cuisine” and aspires to create an experience that will repurpose the term “fine dining” for angelenos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
ink. reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (236)hot spot (154)special occasion (147)neighborhood gem (77)good for groups (63)romantic (57)notable wine list (48)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (25)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Great Night OutfoodfunDined on 10/19/2014Everything about this place was fantastic. The Food was unique and full of flavor. It's a great place to be adventurous and also eat some delicious food. The setting is romantic and good for a date or groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SophiaVIPDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I thought this restaurant was fantastically innovative. The environment was hip and inviting, and the food was unconventionally exquisite. We particularly enjoyed the unique pairing of elements and tastes, and the fact that the desserts (apple pie) was presented in such a way that we were able to intersect each flavor ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ecstatic Tastes Linger OnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I just cannot believe what my boyfriend and I experienced at INK a few nights ago. We ordered cocktails, four dishes, dessert and coffee. Each bite of every dish was an EXPLOSION of flavor that lingered in your mouth for many seconds after you finished eating the bite of food. It was a taste ecstasy that ushered you into an altered state, for the entire meal. I could not even hold a conversation, because the taste of everything was the most delicious I had ever had in my life. And I'm not exaggerating. It stopped me in my tracks, and I was hyper-present with every stupendous bite. The cocktails were outstanding, but the food, including the dessert was indescribable. You must go. You will, quite literally, never be the same.Special Features:
- Phenomenal!HogwildnlaDined on 10/17/2014I spend a lot of time in both LA and NY. This was probably the best dining experience I've had in three years. The Salt and Charcoal Potatoes - off the charts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great food and exceptional/unusual flavors that tickle you paletteSpecial Features:
- Creative menuLoisinmvDined on 10/17/2014The menu is excellent - creative, adventurous, attractively presented, and so good! The service is impeccable - all staff are friendly and helpful. I love this place - the only downside is that it's diffcult to get reservations. Branzino, gnocchi, radishes, beets, polenta, lamb, strawberry and apple dessert...we enjoyed them all.Special Features:
- Johndonahue2VIPDined on 10/10/2014Beautiful place with excellent food and outstanding attentive service. I love to bring my friends from NYC here, it's always a hit.Special Features:
- So GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Everything we tried (which was a lot) was wonderful. When we thought we'd had the best dish (my vote goes to the polenta) the next dish was even better!Special Features:
- JellybellyDined on 10/10/2014Ink was by far one of my favorite dining experiences in LA. As a massive fan of Michael Voltaggio I have to say, his restaurant did not disappoint. Great experience with my best friend. Also, you must have the oysters they were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014Delicious food served by knowledgable waiters/waitresses. Served in a timely and even manner. Chewy beets, egg yolk gnoochi absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy surprisemarimadDined on 10/7/2014I had heard about INK for awhile and could never get a reservation, happily I got one for 730pm last night. We had the most amazing dinner and tried many things probably too many! But it was all scrumptious and would go back anytime!Special Features:
- Unforgettable InkKarinaVIPDined on 10/6/2014See me blog: http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2014/10/unforgettable-ink.htmlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!HP99Dined on 10/5/2014The good was amazing and our waiter guided us through the menu with great suggestions about what to try. The oysters, lollipop kale, halibut and octopus were all delicious. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great dining experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2014Love, love Ink. The Hamachi, Egg gnocchi & pork shoulder dishes are out of this world. You must try the Apple Carmel desert too. The service was very attentive, helpful, and gracious. We can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will NOT be disappointedChefDeliciousAZDined on 9/27/2014I saw this Chef on Top Chef and found the food to be amazing and worth the cost. Be adventurous and enjoy!Special Features:
- LUCY GIRLOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014INK was totally enjoyable! The service was great! Our server was both knowledgeable and enthusiastic. She was attentive without being too involved. The food was amazingly creative and flavorful! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone as a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuleranwilkDined on 9/26/2014I can not describe to you how much fun I have every time I go here. The food is vibrant, cutting edge, always changing with local growers and markets. The service is can be loose or structured, but no matter what, they work with you to create the great dining experience you want. I have been here three times now, and I have never been disappointed with anything...food, drink, or service. I love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a satisfied foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Being a proper foodie and use to the Danish New Nordic kitchen I absolutely loved Ink! - from the design,vibe and cool atmosphere to the engagement, professionalism and liberating relaxing mood of the waiters. And last but not least the courage of the kitchen to create beatiful , surprising and taste exploding dishes. The egg gnocchi was to die for... I will be a night to remember for all five of us, when we look back on our three weeks of travelling California - and I will definitely recommend Ink to others. Louise K. Henriksen Copenhagen, DenmarkSpecial Features:
- First to Ink. but not last.sandler01Dined on 9/25/2014WOW Food and Service was not only outstanding but fun. Some very new spins on food and the staff was so helpful making sure we were enjoying out dinner you could tell it was more then just a job for them but part of there life. I am looking forward to my next trip to So. Calif. for our next meal with Ink.Special Features:
- UnbelievableThePatVDined on 9/21/2014Ink is very different. The menu is not sectioned. All the dishes are listed in order from lighter to heavier. All the dishes are meant to be shared, which makes it great for couples but not for larger groups, I think. They encourage diners to eat from the dish the in which the food is served to better enjoy the married flavors as they were meant to be. We had several dishes and I loved them all but two dishes were absolutely inspired. the Lamb Belly and the Egg Yolk Gnocchi. Go just for those. Through the magic of Souvee Chef Voltaggio delivers truly new inspirations that will make your eyes widen with surprise and pleasure. Be warned. The lamb belly is fatty but it is so delicious you will wonder why we haven't been eating it for years.Special Features:
- Good foodStPatDined on 9/20/2014INK is the king of small plates. Really good tasting small plates. I liked the salmon, the charcoal potatoes, the trout and the caramel apple desert. The bill with drinks came out to $200.Special Features:
- amazing timeOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/20/2014I had an incredible time at dinner on Saturday. I took a friend for her birthday and the entire experience was amazing. I have been before and I had just as good of a time this weekend.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerBarbDined on 9/20/2014Food: delicious, inventive, creative, eye catching, one of a kind Drinks: refreshing (vodka cocktail), delicious Service: attentive, hospitable, great attention to detail Ambience: comfortable Overall experience: wish I lived closer!!!Special Features:
- Wowee! Lived up to the reputation.jiffypopVIPDined on 9/19/2014Went here recently with my fiancé and can't say enough about what a lovely experience it was. The food was unexpected, nuanced, punchy and delicious to put it succinctly. And the service was friendly, knowledgable and as a team--worked in concert to create a flawless dinner service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTICLuluDined on 9/14/2014We had such an amazing experience! Everything about the entire evening, from drinks to dessert, was superb. The service was the best I've had in a very long time. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicekangkkDined on 9/14/2014The food here are very good and very creative. Beef tartar and Octopus are superb. Other dishes we ordered like chewy beets and kale are also very good. The only thing I would change about this place is that the sits are little bit too close to each others. I can hear everything from the other table. Good thing that we were focusing on how good the food is most of the time. Overall, a very nice and special restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but disappointingSolOVIPDined on 9/14/2014Expectations were high and the food was good, not great. Have wanted to eat at Ink since watching Michael Voltaggio on Top Chef so was hoping to be blown away by his creativity. The 3 of us shared to "small plates" egg yolk gnocchi and black and white potatoes, and 3 large plates, branzino, flat iron steak and wagyu beef cheeks. The only dish we'd order again was the beef cheeks. The steak was fairly bland. For desert, we had the cake and ice cream. There was very little "cake" that was supposed to be tehina based so thought it would be halvah flavored. It certainly wasn't "cakey" and didn't get much halvah/tehina flavor. Service was excellent. Unfortunately, would not put Ink on my list to return anytime soon.Special Features:
- Pretty goodItalianRealDined on 9/13/2014The food was fairly good and inventive. Their service was definitely lacking at first. We sat down for fifteen minutes before being given water or menus, and were only given these things after calling for the waiter numerous times. But then, the service, improved and the meal was overall a good experience. Oh, and no toilet paper in the bathroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent food good ambiancefoodie101Dined on 9/13/2014Food is good but not spectacular. Worth trying fish dishes and bone marrow polenta and few drinks. Overall food has just ok wow factor. Desserts are subpar. Overall food doesn't have same quality as good places in ParisSpecial Features:
- Creative, Sexy FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014I came here with my GF and ended up sharing 5 savory dishes plus 1 dessert. We started with drinks. Honestly, they were some of the strangest concoctions I've ever had. We both enjoyed the beverages and it was a precursor of what was to come. We shared: the chewy beets, little gems, octopus, egg-yolk gnocchi, and the beef cheeks. The only miss was the 'little gems'. We understood the riff on a Caesar salad, but intentions don't outweigh taste. The other 4 dishes were more than outstanding - they were near perfect. For dessert we shared the caramel apple with smoked wood semi-fredo. It was playful while still remaining great tasting. Your tastebuds will be confused eating here (but in a good way).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fawlty Towers experienceKrug1979Dined on 9/10/2014The food was very good but our second bottle of wine was corked and unfortunately the restaurant handled that very poorly. After ten minutes they came back with the same wine and asked us to taste it again, and we said it was still corked. Then the restaurant manager had the nerve to tell us that we were wrong and that the wine was supposed to taste like that! I am a very experienced wine taster and I do not like being questioned like that. It is just poor service. I know not everyone is capable of identifying a corked wine, but how about trusting your customer? We did get a new bottle of wine in the end but why the hassle? This reminded me of a sketch from Fawlty Towers but it is not so funny when it happens in real life.Special Features:
- InkMikeDined on 9/8/2014Great fine dining experience at Ink. Food was extraordinary . . . great flavors and beautiful presentations. Ink has a very innovative and unique menu, offering small plate dishes that shares well. WE came in for a late night meal . . . . The charcoal potatoes were excellent as was the kale/pig ears, egg yolk pasta, oysters, squid ink pasta and wild salmon. The dishes were small plates and offered outstanding tasty dishes cleverly plated. My date and I enjoyed everything we ate. The service was excellent as well as waiters were very attentive and timing between dishes were perfect. A definite gem and must try. . .Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMikePDined on 9/7/2014Went to Ink with my wife for our wedding anniversary. We had read all the comments saying how good the food & service would be and we were not disappointed. Arrived a little early to have a drink at the bar and were asked if we would rather be seated at our table for cocktails. Excellent attention to detail and all staff checked in with us regularly to see if we needed anything. Not overbearing, just excellent service. Food was outstanding, especially the charcoal potatoes, beef cheeks and beef tartar. Spent $200 for 2 including tip and 3 glasses of wine between us, thought it would be much more. Definitely going to go back with friends to try the rest of the amazing menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intricate & Very Tasty Toolamichael64Dined on 9/6/2014The intricacy of the dishes blends into great taste too. One drawback -my date and I could barely hear the waiter or each other in this busy restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were rushed!elleDined on 9/6/2014The food was delicious and although I gave service a 2 star it was because of management not our server. Everything about the evening was great until the end when we were paying our $400 bill. The manager came around and collected our check before we had even signed the check! After that, the host (who was nice) asked if we could move to the patio because the next group had been waiting for our table. At no time did we just "sit and talk". We always had food and wine on the table. My suggestion is to go to this place when it is no longer the "it" place or go late at night when you are the last table.Special Features:
- Creative, refined, full of flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/5/2014Ink offers creative dishes which show restraint. Taste and satisfaction rule above being unnecessarily creative. Amanda is the best server that I've seen in sometime. Very knowledgable, always makes great suggestions, and is refreshingly not greedy. Treat her well for her excellent service. Highly recommended !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit was disappointingFoodieLAVIPDined on 9/2/2014We came to ink. when it first opened and found the food to be innovative and delicious! We went back recently and although the service was much, much improved, we were very disappointed with our $150 meal. Little gems dish was bland. Pork shoulder with banana was off-putting. Standouts were the Kale dish - it was hearty and pretty tasty and so was the charcoal potato. There were 2 more dishes that we didn't find memorable. Not sure if we will be back. As a side note, ink. did not have chef m voltaggio in-house on this last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingkimafikeDined on 9/2/2014All around amazing. Our server was from NC and he was very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. Must try the lamb belly!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just wowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014When we entered and reviewed the menu we saw less of strange sounding dishes then when we were told that 2-3 dishes per person is normally recommended we worried about the price. Between the four of us we shared 8 dishes and every one was a triumph of culinary design and each shocked us on their execution. Worth every penny...Sorry cent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edgy. Creative. Absurdly Delish.MelderVIPDined on 8/31/2014Communal dining at it's finest- I went with 3 friends, we all ordered 2 or 3 dishes, and everything tasted better than the next. Crowd favorites- market vegetables, potato polenta, branzino, wagyu beef cheek; Decor was industrial, minimalist, very cool; Wait staff was nice, but it got a bit confused with several people bringing out the plates in rounds (one thing comes at a time for the whole table to share), so some requests, ie. for more wine, or a forgotten dish, were lost in the shuffle. Other than that, cannot say enough positive things about this experience. AMAZING for foodies!Special Features: