8360 Melrose Avenue #101
Los Angeles, CA 90069Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mvink.com/
- Phone: (323) 651-5866
- Hours of Operation:
ink. seats for dinner daily 6pm-11pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Voltaggio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full buy out only. Please contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 3236515866x
A word from ink.
ink. is chef michael voltaggio’s first signature restaurant. alluding to the idea of permanence, ink. endeavors to create an indelible impression with flavor profiles that are inspired by the myriad of cultures that make up the city of los angeles. Thusly, he describes the food at ink. as “modern los angeles cuisine” and aspires to create an experience that will repurpose the term “fine dining” for angelenos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
ink. reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (237)hot spot (157)special occasion (140)neighborhood gem (82)good for groups (64)romantic (58)notable wine list (49)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (22)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DudeVIPDined on 11/19/2014Some of the best food around. Well prepared and presented. Good wine list, if a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great InkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2014Wait staff and hostest were amazing and very informative!! Food was great but the lamb belly was one of the best things I've ever ate!!! Going back tonight to try more stuff and the lamb againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXQUISITEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014I absolutely love the service and food. The drinks are phenomenal! It is definitely a place to come with with a group or date that is willing to experiment a new variety of foods and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a tad too salty, creative menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014I believe the service was above par. The food came out a little randomly ( either too much at once, then too little at once). Clean plates could have been brought out faster. Our waiter, however, and a wonderful energy. Some of the food was a tad too salty. Great creative menu. I didn't like the beet salad with the coconut, made me a bit nauseus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Inkster!DeeLishVIPDined on 11/13/2014Celeb Chef Mike Voltaggio does not disappoint! Unique take on comfort food...charcoal potatoes & sour cream, waygu beef cheeks, octopus with black macaroni etc. Tasty food and lively room. Takes over spot that seems to be jinxed in pass incarnations. Try it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014I took my fiancé here for his birthday and everything was great. The food was beyond what I could have even imagined and the server was so nice. They even came out with a candle in our dessert! Definitely would recommend going there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise level distracts from epic foodbarbVIPDined on 11/12/2014I was not prepared for just how excellent, whimsical, and masterfully lovely the food is at Ink. Just a wow. Ink. has now vaulted to the top 5 restaurants in LA that I recommend. the one drawback? really poor sound control-music was too loud and the acoustics in general are poor. Guys--throw some baffles up on that ceiling and turn the music volume down. I shouldn't have to shout to have my dining companion across the table hear me wax poetic about those potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencefriendDined on 11/11/2014As always, we had a great time. Everything was just excellent: Food, Wine, Service, Atmosphere. This is one of the best restaurants in the world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting!teamzissouDined on 11/11/2014An exciting, innovative menu with lovely little edible surprises. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True Food Adventure!KimberlyDined on 11/10/2014We had a spectacular experience at INK - from the moment we walked through the door, to the moment we exited. The food was original, bold and delicious. Drinks as thoughtful and exciting. We also were impressed by the staff, down to earth, engaging, informative and with impeccable service. A special mention to Andrew, the manager, who went out of his way to accommodate a change of party size. He was a seasoned troubleshooter - working magic to move us to a bigger table without our feeling self conscious. This is a restaurant for foodies who appreciate not only presentation, but a remarkable convergence of ingredients, perfectly conveying the chef's passion for food and his an memorable dining experience. A real gem in L.A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't be more perfectpecansandapplesDined on 11/8/2014Every dish we ordered was perfectly prepared - all the flavors worked perfectly with each other and was so masterful. Attentive service and great cocktails.Special Features:
- Solid, not specialDoctorDoomDined on 11/8/2014Had read many positive reviews. To be honest, was slightly disappointed. None of the food was amazing. Things were good, but of course overpriced. The gin cocktail was actually the best thing I had. Egg gnocchi was not very flavorful. Kale lollipop- why is it named that- was ok. Potato polenta was pretty good. Pork shoulder was well prepared. Was a good experience but not amazing. Would not go out of my way to try againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Ink was everything I expected and more. It was fun to watch Michael Voltaggio at work (he was working two different stations that night). He seemed to really be enjoying himself. The food was fantastic! Some items were the best version of that I'd ever eaten. A few standouts were the hamachi, the lollipop kale with pig's ears and the salt and charcoal potatoes. All must eats! I wanted to go back the next day to eat them again. The staff was fantastic, everyone from the manager to the busboys. You could tell people really enjoyed working there. We were so reluctant to leave we sat at the bar and had another drink after our meal and had fun with our bartender. One of my favorite restaurant experiences ever, a perfect combination of food, ambiance and service. I look forward to my next trip to Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticVinceDined on 11/4/2014Came in from Sydney and had dinner at Ink for our 1 month wedding anniversary. Food was amazing and very different. I am very conservative when it comes to food, but was extremely happy when I left. The service was great, our server was always happy to answer our questions and also provide suggestions. Look forward to visiting LA again and will definitely be stopping by Ink for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014The service was fantastic and friendly without being overbearing. The food was absolutely wonderful. Hope to visit again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2014I don't like overshadowing the superb evening, food and service but one thing if you are asking for a review: when a lady arrives at a restaurant alone and there is NO ONE in the restaurant because the doors just opened, the policy to wait for your party (we were a party of two) is client unfriendly. This would not keep me from dining at INK again but policies apply for a reason - this should not be one of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/26/2014Food was great. Service was generally good. But...the hostess tried to seat us right by the door, next to a main traffic 'lane', despite our having an early reservation and >80% of tables free. To her credit, she switched us to a better table upon request. But that first impression did not make us feel welcome.Special Features:
- Incredable food2happyfoodiesDined on 10/26/2014Outstanding food! Definitely unique experience and highly recommended for foodies.Special Features:
- best meal ever!!bayheadVIPDined on 10/23/2014We had 13 dishes for 4 people. Spectacular. Everything was outstanding. The food came out a little quick would be the only criticismI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutfoodfunDined on 10/19/2014Everything about this place was fantastic. The Food was unique and full of flavor. It's a great place to be adventurous and also eat some delicious food. The setting is romantic and good for a date or groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SophiaVIPDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I thought this restaurant was fantastically innovative. The environment was hip and inviting, and the food was unconventionally exquisite. We particularly enjoyed the unique pairing of elements and tastes, and the fact that the desserts (apple pie) was presented in such a way that we were able to intersect each flavor ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ecstatic Tastes Linger OnAnitaDined on 10/17/2014I just cannot believe what my boyfriend and I experienced at INK a few nights ago. We ordered cocktails, four dishes, dessert and coffee. Each bite of every dish was an EXPLOSION of flavor that lingered in your mouth for many seconds after you finished eating the bite of food. It was a taste ecstasy that ushered you into an altered state, for the entire meal. I could not even hold a conversation, because the taste of everything was the most delicious I had ever had in my life. And I'm not exaggerating. It stopped me in my tracks, and I was hyper-present with every stupendous bite. The cocktails were outstanding, but the food, including the dessert was indescribable. You must go. You will, quite literally, never be the same.Special Features:
- Phenomenal!HogwildnlaDined on 10/17/2014I spend a lot of time in both LA and NY. This was probably the best dining experience I've had in three years. The Salt and Charcoal Potatoes - off the charts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great food and exceptional/unusual flavors that tickle you paletteSpecial Features:
- Creative menuLoisinmvDined on 10/17/2014The menu is excellent - creative, adventurous, attractively presented, and so good! The service is impeccable - all staff are friendly and helpful. I love this place - the only downside is that it's diffcult to get reservations. Branzino, gnocchi, radishes, beets, polenta, lamb, strawberry and apple dessert...we enjoyed them all.Special Features:
- Johndonahue2VIPDined on 10/10/2014Beautiful place with excellent food and outstanding attentive service. I love to bring my friends from NYC here, it's always a hit.Special Features:
- So GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014Everything we tried (which was a lot) was wonderful. When we thought we'd had the best dish (my vote goes to the polenta) the next dish was even better!Special Features:
- JellybellyDined on 10/10/2014Ink was by far one of my favorite dining experiences in LA. As a massive fan of Michael Voltaggio I have to say, his restaurant did not disappoint. Great experience with my best friend. Also, you must have the oysters they were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2014Delicious food served by knowledgable waiters/waitresses. Served in a timely and even manner. Chewy beets, egg yolk gnoochi absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy surprisemarimadDined on 10/7/2014I had heard about INK for awhile and could never get a reservation, happily I got one for 730pm last night. We had the most amazing dinner and tried many things probably too many! But it was all scrumptious and would go back anytime!Special Features:
- Unforgettable InkKarinaVIPDined on 10/6/2014See me blog: http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2014/10/unforgettable-ink.htmlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!HP99Dined on 10/5/2014The good was amazing and our waiter guided us through the menu with great suggestions about what to try. The oysters, lollipop kale, halibut and octopus were all delicious. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great dining experience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2014Love, love Ink. The Hamachi, Egg gnocchi & pork shoulder dishes are out of this world. You must try the Apple Carmel desert too. The service was very attentive, helpful, and gracious. We can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will NOT be disappointedChefDeliciousAZDined on 9/27/2014I saw this Chef on Top Chef and found the food to be amazing and worth the cost. Be adventurous and enjoy!Special Features:
- LUCY GIRLOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014INK was totally enjoyable! The service was great! Our server was both knowledgeable and enthusiastic. She was attentive without being too involved. The food was amazingly creative and flavorful! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone as a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuleranwilkDined on 9/26/2014I can not describe to you how much fun I have every time I go here. The food is vibrant, cutting edge, always changing with local growers and markets. The service is can be loose or structured, but no matter what, they work with you to create the great dining experience you want. I have been here three times now, and I have never been disappointed with anything...food, drink, or service. I love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a satisfied foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Being a proper foodie and use to the Danish New Nordic kitchen I absolutely loved Ink! - from the design,vibe and cool atmosphere to the engagement, professionalism and liberating relaxing mood of the waiters. And last but not least the courage of the kitchen to create beatiful , surprising and taste exploding dishes. The egg gnocchi was to die for... I will be a night to remember for all five of us, when we look back on our three weeks of travelling California - and I will definitely recommend Ink to others. Louise K. Henriksen Copenhagen, DenmarkSpecial Features:
- First to Ink. but not last.sandler01VIPDined on 9/25/2014WOW Food and Service was not only outstanding but fun. Some very new spins on food and the staff was so helpful making sure we were enjoying out dinner you could tell it was more then just a job for them but part of there life. I am looking forward to my next trip to So. Calif. for our next meal with Ink.Special Features:
- UnbelievableThePatVDined on 9/21/2014Ink is very different. The menu is not sectioned. All the dishes are listed in order from lighter to heavier. All the dishes are meant to be shared, which makes it great for couples but not for larger groups, I think. They encourage diners to eat from the dish the in which the food is served to better enjoy the married flavors as they were meant to be. We had several dishes and I loved them all but two dishes were absolutely inspired. the Lamb Belly and the Egg Yolk Gnocchi. Go just for those. Through the magic of Souvee Chef Voltaggio delivers truly new inspirations that will make your eyes widen with surprise and pleasure. Be warned. The lamb belly is fatty but it is so delicious you will wonder why we haven't been eating it for years.Special Features:
- Good foodStPatDined on 9/20/2014INK is the king of small plates. Really good tasting small plates. I liked the salmon, the charcoal potatoes, the trout and the caramel apple desert. The bill with drinks came out to $200.Special Features: