951 W Fulton Market
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ingrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8558346464
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday, starting at 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Homaro Cantu
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Homaro Cantu is ImaginiNG New Gastronomy. Come experience the wildest and most entertainiNG dining experiences in Chicago.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8666867994
A word from iNG Restaurant
iNG is a wonderfully entertaining restaurant specializing in global flavors and flavor tripping with the miracle berry. Chef and Owner Homaro Cantu (from Moto Restaurant) heads up this gem with Executive Chef Nate Park and Director of Culinary Innovation Chris Jones. Together they offer one of the most unique and delicious dining experiences in Chicago, as iNG is currently the only restaurant in the world to offer a flavor changing menu. Reservations are not required but strongly recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
iNG Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great evening!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/16/2014Chef Cantu has another outstanding foodie event to go along with Moto! We enjoyed the beer pairing menu. The "miracle pills" were a hoot, but the food itself was outstanding. Our service staff new every beer and all about each pairing. They were top notch!Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Craft Beer Menu was fantastic! Loved the personal touch on the menu. Great service! Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Every dish was incredible. Beer pairings were spot on. Can't wait for the next menu!Special Features:
- Great way to celebrate a birthday!FunnymanDined on 4/16/2014After reading some reviews, my wife and I decided to try iNG for her birthday dinner. We were greeted with personalized menus welcoming my wife for her b-day and were given a complimentary glass of prosecco. Each of the 10 courses were amazing and so were the cocktails we ordered. Picking one course to describe would really do a disservice to the other 9 courses that were equally mind-meltingly good. That said, while service was very professional and knowledgeable, we were waiting for a good 10 minutes at the table before being greeted. I'm not sure if this was intentionally done to makes us feel like we weren't being rushed, or if this was just an oversight. All in all, would definitely recommend, and will definitely return.Special Features:
- OutstandiNG!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2014We've been here twice now, and we'll definitely be back. The first time was for the 7-course Valentine's day menu, and then we went back about 6 weeks later for the 10-course Craft Beer Menu. It's the most affordable gastronomic experience out there, and so far, food and service have not been disappointing. Each time, we left fully satisfied. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEO experience!mdkmdDined on 3/22/2014Fun for everyone willing to be experimental. Food and beer pairings coordinated perfectly. "Flavor tripping" was a first!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very little complain"iNG!"EricDined on 3/22/2014Very good, but i think that there should be a difference in price for alcohol pairings menu and non-alcohol pairings menu.Special Features:
- DelectableFrenchisDelishDined on 3/21/2014A group of us went for chef's week and had a wonderful time. My favorite dish of the evening was the Coconut Mussels – Fennel – Beer Bread. It got better with every bite. Flavor transformation is spot on - The miracle berry was quite interesting and really enhanced the fun experience. Definitely going to come back for the beer pairings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food adventureawchiDined on 3/20/2014The 10 course tasting menu paired with local beers was tons of fun. The beers were amazingly flavorful and enhanced the excellent food. Great range in the courses. Excellent flavors. Great for when you want to have a 3 hour foodie adventure. Really appreciate that it was not overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service, creative foodSabrinaDined on 3/18/2014Very thoughtful of the restaurant to customize menu for my friend special occasion. we picked the chef week menu, all the four courses are very creative, especially the chicken pie. local brewery made great addition to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Craft Beer MenuGonzo70VIPDined on 3/15/2014iNG recently rolled out their latest menu theme - Craft Beer. We opted for the full ten courses (definitely recommend doing so - better value and makes for a really fun evening with lots of delicious food). All but a couple of courses are paired with a different craft beer from a Chicagoland area microbrewery and there really were quite a few outstanding selections (and very nice variety of different styles). The food also was stellar also with a little bit of everything (beef, poultry, lamb, pork, salmon, mussels, cheese course etc.); the beer can chicken and the dark 'n stormy were my favorites on the night but not a single dud! Wonderful service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love iNG's New Brunch!Gonzo70VIPDined on 3/9/2014After countless fantastic dinners at iNG I was thrilled when I learned they would commence serving Sunday brunch during their current Craft Beer themed menu. I went on opening day of brunch service and it was a wonderful all around experience. The menu features elevated versions of typical brunch fare and is well executed and utilizes good quality, fresh ingredients. My roasted chicken with beer batter sourdough waffles were incredible and portions enormous making the brunch a great value (dishes range from $12 to $16). I loved my bloody Mary too; definitely one of the best I have ever consumed. Extremely friendly service as always. This brunch is not to be missed!Special Features:
- Sensational Gastronomic Event!JohnnyDined on 3/7/2014Wow... This was an amazing experience. The tastes were extraordinary and made fun and interesting by the very articulate staff. They were also very accommodating of my dates dietary needs and created a alternate non meat offering for her. I would say this place is certainly offering an unique food and drink experience, well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 10 course tasting menuravg81VIPDined on 2/20/2014I got a deal on travelzoo for the 10 course tasting menu and I thought the meal was a bargain at $200 for two people. We got a considerable amount of quality food and drinks were included with each course. The oxtail was amazing and the desserts were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to ING for Valentine'sMeaghanVIPDined on 2/14/2014Went to ING for Valentine's Day dinner, and were required to order from a set menu, which was awesome! There were seven small courses involved, but ended up being large enough so that we left full and satisfied. We also asked for some bread to start the meal, which they don't generally serve, but it helped start things off right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V-dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Had a great experience. 7 course meal that catered to vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was great. ThatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014This place was great. That food was exceptional, but the ambiance was disappointing. The red chairs were uncomfortable even though they looked good. The server was extremely knowledgeable about the food and flavors and extremely respectful of food allergies .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go only for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 2/4/2014ING lived up to its reputation for an innovative menu. We had the 4-course RW dinner menu. However, food apart, nothing else here inspires: the decor is bland, it's too dark, the red plastic chairs are uncomfortable, and the service didn't blow us away. The dishes are definitely the saving grace in the show!Special Features:
- Great for the AdventurousDeniseDined on 2/3/2014The staff was beyond professional, the food was amazing, the portions were just perfect, and the presentation was outstanding! We came here for the experience and we most certainly got that. Every course seemed to taste better, as if it could get any better, and the waitress was attentive and sweet the entire time. Highly recommend this place for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an experience!BrenlrVIPDined on 2/1/2014The Salvador Dali Experience was the featured menu during out visit. Everything from the miracle berry to the plate presentations was remarkably interesting and impressive, however the food itself didn't quite live up. While I enjoyed every course, I did find myself saying, "This course was great, except for..." after each one. Also, something did not agree with my stomach and I began feeling ill not long after the meal, and the discomfort extended through the next day. I must say though, this was a culinary experience. It was very different and unique, and, even though I'm not likely to return (just too many other new places to try to come back here), I would recommend it to foodies simply because it is such a novelty experience.Special Features:
- Unique Dali MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/31/2014We enjoyed the 4 course tasting menu provided for restaurant week. The idea that each course and paired beverage corresponded to a different Salvadore Dali painting was very cool. The food was delicious, but the portions were quite small. With only 4 courses, we were not yet satisfied. I imagine having their usual 10 course menu would be a more satisfying meal.Special Features:
- We went for restaurant week:lpeteVIPDined on 1/31/2014We went for restaurant week: 4 courses ($44) taken from the current Dali menu with optional $20 beverage pairing. First: beets with miracle berry & a beet juice-mescal drink. Good but I didn't like the drink. Beet juice was too earthy. Second: egg torta with potatoes, mushrooms & a lovely sauce paired with an unfiltered beer. Very good. Third: ceci beans in pork broth with greens & a rioja. This was the most successful dish. Loved it. Even my spouse ate the beans. Fourth: brioche puree, apricot, pistachio & cherry sauces with the most wonderful dessert wine. We liked this course as well. Since these were 4 plates from a 6- or 10-course tasting menu, my spouse was still hungry after our meal. Recommended but not sure we'll come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expecting too muchFlippinFoodieDined on 1/30/2014After eating at Moto, the bar was definitely raised for this Cantu gem. The chairs were uncomfortable and so were the couch seating. The tables were too high. Food was sparse but well executed. We came here during Restaurant Week, eager to taste the Dali inspired dishes. For $44, we barely got a taste of anything. What we did get was good, but it could have been better. The full experience at Moto was better. After we left this place, we were still hungry, so we walked over to the Publican. This dining experience was worth it only because we got to discover the Publican. That dining experience exceeded our expectations!
- Pleasantly surprisedcta05VIPDined on 1/29/2014I dined here for Restaurant Week and ended up loving my experience; I went into it with a very open mind--and a plan for after dinner just in case the portions were a bit too small. I was wrong to think that way; each course was unique, beautifully presented, absolutely delicious, and yes, perfectly sized. I left feeling full, but not uncomfortable, which was perfect. One of my favorite details was the personalized menu--great idea, and it made me and my friend feel very welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week UpsellOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/29/2014The 4 course tasting was good, but the $20 pairing was not worth it. It would have been nice for my companion and I to split the beer we had with one course, instead of each getting a sip and the waiter walking away with the remainder of the bottle.Special Features:
- disappointingSAMMDined on 1/29/2014Made a reservation for Restaurant Week based on mostly positive reviews. Quiet, modern city vibe. The menu was 4 courses with accompanying alcohol pairings. Service was adequate. Server's explanation of food dull and mechanical. The portions were so small, I could probably count the number of times I swallowed during the meal. Interesting tastes but nothing amazing. I was not enticed enough to return for full price menu. Way too little food for cost. Cobia course, great broth. Fish cold inside and chewy with fishy smell. Made me wonder about freshness. The berry that turns bitter food sweet? What? Did not happen for me. Seems gimmicky. I'm used to tasting menus with small portions. Not enough here for me to recommend nor return.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/28/2014The Salvador Dali menu was outstanding! I love love loved every course, each seemed better than the next! It is an innovative and fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2014The food was great but the service lacked on so many levels it was hard to believe this place is still in business
- Tiny portionsGoldcoastVIPDined on 1/16/2014We had the Salvador Dali six course tasting menu and the flavors were great but the portions were insultingly small. I was still hungry after the very expensive meal. At least give us some bread to fill us up.
- Daliliciousbirdy1071Dined on 1/7/2014I came to Chicago from LA en route to St. Pete in the midst of the Polar Vortex just to have this dinner. It did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cutting Edge GastronomyDrDaveVIPDined on 1/4/2014iNG is Inventing New Gastronomy - and it is a lot of fun as well as delicious. If you are not fan of heavily composed plates and large portions, iNG is not for you, but if you like to explore what creative chefs can do when unleashed to experiment with with flavors and textures in new ways, you will find an evening at iNG a great experience. No amount of fancy plating can make up for food that doesn't taste good, but there are no worries here. The food is as delicious as it is beautifully presented. The current tasting menu is inspired by the work of Salvador Dali. Beverage pairings include a mix of beer, wine and very creative cocktails. I don't like beer, but appropriate wines were cheerfully substituted. All three of us left happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay this timenewyearseveDined on 12/31/2013This was my third visit to Ing, which was becoming my favorite restaurant until this time. The menu changes every couple of months, and this one is based on Salvador Dali. Also, being NYE, the price was $150 per person versus the usual $85, so we can higher expectations. This particular menu wasn't very delicious. It seems overly creative for creative's sake. I am usually happy with a variety of cuisines, but this menu didn't make the mark. That said, I will be back again when they change the menu because the "wonder years" and "street food" menus from the past were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a Fun, Wonderful DinerGonzo70VIPDined on 12/21/2013New executive Chef Tim Havidic has elevated an already outstanding restaurant to an even higher level with his creative vision and dazzling skill. A wonderful variety of pairings (craft beers, specialty cocktails & wines) & friendly front-of-the-house staff that are both polished & personable make iNG a true dining experience. I love how the menus tell a story (the current menu is based on the artwork of Salvador Dali). The miracle berry (a natural berry that turns acidic foods sweet and allows iNG to make desserts with much less sugar than normal without sacrificing taste) enhances the experience even further. I am eagerly anticipating what Chef creates for the next menu, but the current one is so phenomenal I may return for seconds.Special Features:
- Excellent and inventivekstaigsVIPDined on 12/13/2013Going in to iNG for the first time, I feared we might be in for more gimmick and less focus on flavor and substance. I couldn't have been more wrong. Each of our 10 courses were delicious, incredible well balanced and seasoned, but also surprising and oh so fun. The correlation between each course and the painting or quote inspiration was clear and beautifully thought out. Our service was impeccable, it was clear that everyone on the floor knew the menu inside and out, and that they were proud of what they were presenting. They had great energy, professional but enthusiastic. We had a lovely evening and will come again for the next menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was horrible and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/6/2013Food was horrible and the pairing, worst. Will never recommend this restaurant to a friend!!! Service was okay..
- iNG is back in actiondrogsVIPDined on 12/4/2013Dined with a friend at iNG for the Salvador Dali menu; a bargain at $105 for 10 courses with 8 pairings. The food was incredible, we wanted to lick each and every sauce off the plate. The presentations and flavors were beautifully complex yet inviting. Nothing super crazy or out of left field, but very creatively plated and perfectly executed. We were both beyond pleased with each course, excited to try the next as soon as one was finished. The staff was great; incredibly knowledgeable about every dish and pairing, while remaining fun and approachable throughout the meal. Chef Tim Havidic really knocked his first menu out of the park. I want to go back and experience the Dali tasting again, and can't wait to see what he rolls out next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proposal of epic proportionsrxdlrDined on 10/25/2013Trevor was extremely accommodating and made sure that not only the food was memorable, but was able to help with a proposal at the end of the meal by using some moto inspired showmanship by using a balloon deflated with liquid nitrogen. Highly recommend this place, and enjoyed the cuisine immenselySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceKlopezVIPDined on 10/19/2013We dined at ING over the weekend and had a great meal start to finish. It was on par for us with Fat Duck outside of London and outshines it's overrated neighbor (NEXT) by far. My advice to serious foodies in Chicago - don't miss this! This is world class dining in a warm and casual, yet elegant, atmosphere. Service was warm, efficient, and knowledgable - the food was very tasty and the use of interesting combinations was executed flawlessly. We dined with a family member who travels extensively and has dined at the finest restaurants in the world - he was impressed with ING and we will all be returning when the menu changes in November.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we really enjoyed our experiencemjjbVIPDined on 10/19/2013we really enjoyed our experience at iNG and thought all of the courses were presented beautifully and that the overall presentation was very appealing. The disappointing part of the experience was the size of each course. Some people in our party left feeling hungry and had the need to have a snack upon returning back home. They felt they had eaten ten appetizers. Perhaps a larger portion on the plate would be more satisfying to the patrons who are paying large dollars to have this dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- streetwisefoodcrazyDined on 10/19/2013Wonderful evening at iNG. Always appreciate how pleasant and welcoming the staff are from the very start as they welcome you at the door. As expected a very inventive Street Food menu. The favorite at the table was the outstanding rice dumpling served in a takeout box. Papaya crab-lime, falafel and baba ganoush, and churro were excellent as well. Only complaint was that the pork in the Fork Roast and the Korean barbeque preparations were excessively salty and were served as consecutive courses. Our server was very knowledgeable, cordial, and brought out a special course to accommodate dietary restrictions. Looking forward to going back for the next menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueVikx81Dined on 10/15/2013Interesting experience. Very good service and friendly staff.