609 S. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90017Neighborhood:
ProvencalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://industrielfarm.com/
- Phone: (213) 488-8040
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sun - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Fri & Sat: 4:00 - 2:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, Californian, French American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Antonishek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Soon to come Industriel will offer off site catering including office drops for corporate catering.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining as well as availability to be rented for movie and commercial shoots!
- Cross Street: 6th Street
- Public Transit: Industriel is conveniently located at the corner of Grand Avenue and 6th street where an MTA buss stop is available. In addition we are nestled between the 7th street and Pershing Square red line stops.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Industriel offers street parking as well as many options of open air or city garage parking located within walking distance from our entrance located at 60W. Grand Street
A word from Industriel
Industriel Restaurant located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles on the southwest corner of Grand avenue and 6th street. Features urban farm cuisine rooted in Provencal cooking enhanced with the seasonal bounty of the local farmers markets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Industriel reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (28)good for groups (28)hot spot (26)special occasion (24)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (16)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Inventive, seasonal foodMichaelUVIPDined on 11/16/2014Second time at Industriel - different menu given different season, but just as outstanding. Bold flavors that work really well together, and some unexpected delights. This place is on my must-visit list when friends and familt visit from out of town.Special Features:
- Delicious for a carnivoreOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014The food was really excellent. We were a party of 6, so I got to taste the duck confit, gnocchi, pork, lamb, rib-eye, and salmon. Steak was a bit too salty, even for a salt-lover's tastes. Everything else was truly excellent. The game board appetizer was delicious, and a welcome adventure for some of our party who are not accustomed to eating hearts, hoofs, and livers. Also, a very reasonable dinner out by LA standards: $360 for 1 charcuterie board, 3 bowls of pickled vegetables, 6 entrees, 1 desert, and 2 drinks each.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A truly wonderful experience!CarinaDined on 11/15/2014The food and service were beyond our expectations. It can be a bit noisy but the noise didn't take way from the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your same old French Food.earldomVIPDined on 11/15/2014Farm style French Food...interesting. It lives up to the mystique. The food is excellent, and unique at the same time. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Don't order the chicken if you sit upstairsBlancheVIPDined on 11/15/2014Upstairs tables for two are seated in low wing-back chairs, which gives an old club feel but is completely impractical for dining. Either raise the seats or lower the tables. As it is, if one orders the chicken that comes served in its cast-iron pot straight from the oven, one risks knuckle burns while trying to gut the chicken. I burned myself three times. The server informed me that I'm not the first to mention this, and that the executive chef seems more concerned about presentation than about customer's convenience. Personally, I am more concerned about my comfort (and avoidance of burns) than about presentation, so I will not be returning to Industriel.
- ExcellentKeenoboyDined on 11/13/2014Game and cheese platters were delicious and really unique - lamb heart, duck liver mousse, and pigs feet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JedJedDined on 11/12/2014My wife and I have eaten at many of these over-priced chic restaurants downtown and although the food is usually good, I almost always feel a little ripped off or disappointed. Not so with Industriel. Although we spent a lot, I felt like it was worth it. Very much worth it. The food was delicious. We had three entrees (salmon, steak, gnocchi) each of which I will order again. I loved this place and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Pleasant and friendlyOpenSesameDined on 11/9/2014We had Sunday brunch at Industrial, with terrific service and very fresh food and drinks. The bartender made a drink for one in our party, off the menu, she was requesting something with mint or basil. The drink came and was beautiful and delicious. Our only wish was that there were more to choose from on the menu. The smoked salmon was not on offer, and for non-meat eaters that didn't leave much else. The quinoa salad was filling and tasty, although the omelettes were probably the best choice, with a lovely truffle dressing for the side salad.
- Delicious food, Okay servicefoodie9Dined on 11/7/2014We absolutely loved the food and drinks. Every drink we ordered off the cocktails list was amazing and I tried the cheese plate and the lamb, which were great. My only problem was that the service was very lacking, but the food and drinks were so good that it will not stop me from coming back.Special Features:
- wineanddineDined on 10/30/2014The Gambon was by far the best dish and we also enjoyed the quinoa salad. The black bean fritters were pretty dry and not very exciting, wouldn't order them again. Overall a good dinner spot.Special Features:
- Eclectic, bodacious farm to tableSeriSoCalDined on 10/25/2014This was my third time dining at Industriel over the past year, and with all the wonderful restaurants in the LA basin, that is a compliment in and of itself. This is not a subtle place: the dishes are well-seasoned, sometimes explosions of taste. The kale salad with house-cured bacon and white sardines is a meal in itself. My husband ordered the duck onion soup, which he said made him want to be in France RIGHT NOW, and the goat cheese gnocchi, over which he nearly swooned. Service at Industriel is always attentive and conversational and the restaurant is great at getting you to your concert/theater date on time without making you feel rushed. There's a darn good chance that we will be there a fourth time before 2014 ends....Special Features:
- Nothing Special NowdoctorGVIPDined on 10/25/2014When they opened, Industriel was fun with interesting food. No longer. From our salads to the mains to dessert, things were just OK. Service was spotty at best. Our wait person failed to tell us about the daily specials and seemed preoccupied. To add insult to injury, my espresso was served well before the dessert, resulting in a coffee-less ending. No longer recommended.
- well donepianomanDined on 10/18/2014service and food with style. a bit noisy though. can't have everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown CharmMel11Dined on 10/18/2014Charming spot with quirky details, but to many hard surfaces...as the evening went on it was nearly impossible to speak to my dinning companions. The service was very good, our waiter was attentive and engaging. The food was very good, pork chop moist and flavorful, the Chevre Gnocchi was delish, not too rich and the salads were very generous portions. Do try the Carrot Fries, they were yummy! Fun cocktails and a reasonable wine list with good by the glass options. Would go back but maybe just sit in the bar, seems quieter there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014Food was fine, service was fine, kind of loud. I had the rib eye, which was kind of tough. Comments from our table were that there were too many tastes fighting on one plate. The cheese plate and shrimp appt. were excellent.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The duck confit was probably the best I've ever had. My friends steak came out overdone, but they promptly fixed it to near perfect, and the chocolate... thing (can't remember what it was called) with coffee ice cream we had for dessert was high on chocolate but low on sweetness, which was unexpected but very well executed and highly enjoyable. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can be very goodDanteumDined on 10/15/2014I've had great food here, and mediocre food here. The quality seems to vary a lot, but when it's on, it's very good. On this occasion, it took a crazy long time for us to be approached by a server. We finally had to flag one down via a busboy.Special Features:
- PSmithVIPDined on 10/14/2014Every time I eat at Industriel, I am most pleased and have a wonderful experience! The Chicken was prepared wonderfully, in a cast iron pot, the other dishes of friends were stunning and tasty! And the Apple Cobbler, to die for, as we say! A most enjoyable evening once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pianomanDined on 10/11/2014A quiet, romantic spot, this isn't. The noise level borders on being at LAX. That said, the food and service is quite good.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceWilliamd314Dined on 10/4/2014A friend had glowing reviews for this restaurant, so I decide to give it a try with another couple. Restaurant ^very nice, and they were kind enough to reseat us downstairs when it was too warm upstairs for my pregnant wife. The duration of the meal lasted 3+ hours though, from seating to ordering drinks, appetizers (cheese board and short rib croquettes), main courses and dessert. Additional toast for the cheese board to way too long to bring out. Not sure what the problem was, but we had enough conversation to keep us going. I'd give them another chance, hopefully the service is better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locavoraciousDined on 9/30/2014Wonderful comfort food full of great flavor. Standouts were the short rib croquettes, the shrimp scampi(gambas), the lamb entree and the gnocchi. Also enjoyed the blueberry ginger cake. The peach vodka sorbet was the essence of peach. The wait staff was first rate. Noise could be a problem. Would like to try upstairs. Downtown simply has the best restaurants in the city. And this one is high, high, high on our list now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseDuckieVIPDined on 9/27/2014We booked Industriel because it was a convenient walk from the Disney Hall. The food was creatively prepared and portions just the right sized. We sat upstairs in a comfy setting that was more intimate than the first floor. Upon exiting the bustling restaurant we decided that next time we would sit with the action around the bar. Lots of energy there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susanVIPDined on 9/27/2014the food was not very good. Had the baramundi with wheat berries. The wheat berries were cold which was wierd with warm fish. Bread was so greasy that I could not eat it. While the waiter was taking our order another table beckoned him and he left with no explanation.
- Neat little downtown restaurantHappyBillyDined on 9/26/2014I've eaten here twice now...first time was amazing - had the chicken in a pot - which was perfect! The 2nd time was also good- had the appetizer cheese platter which was interesting and cool. Liked the Duck French Onion Soup...that was interesting and good. It's a good "late night" spot and the atmosphere is unique and quiet. The bar seemed to be the place to be though. I liked eating UPSTAIRS better than downstairs...unique artwork surrounds the restaurant. French - but GOOD French! Will definitely go back again. Walking distance to several other bars. I ordered an Old Fashioned and it was made perfectly. Wife tried one of the unique prohibition drinks - she loved it!Special Features:
- Close to the Music Center...DOA1Dined on 9/23/2014My wife and I enjoyed our meal, and my wife couldn't stop raving about the salmon. The apple cobbler was great, too.
- Lamb dish was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The Lamb main entree with africa spices is filled with such flavors, will return just for that particular dishSpecial Features:
- Great findBinksDined on 9/11/2014Loved coming here before a concert at Zipper Hall. It was our first time. The Thursday entree and wine special was delicious...duck and pinot and the warm romaine was terrific. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/10/2014My first visit to your restaurant, and I was disappointed. It was way too hot upstairs with no proper AC. Because it was so hot, my date and I kept drinking the ice water like fish. Unfortunately the waiter was no where to be seen to get a refill so we walked over to the bar and grabbed the pitcher of water to bring to our table. After that the waiter got the hint and our glasses never reached the half way mark. Our waiter was extremely nice, but I'm guessing the heat affected his service abilities. The food was very well presented but way too oily, too salty, too much...you get the point. The salmon was great but drowned in sauce (easy on the sauce guys). Loved the potatoes with aioli, the glazed balsamic is unnecessary.
- First time at industryMSDGDined on 8/29/2014Ordered from their small plate tapas menu. The food was very interesting and very well prepared. The cocktails and the food was very good. The service was very good once we got to understand how the servers work together.Special Features:
- Nice meal, excellent servicekvlaDined on 8/24/2014The food was excellent and the service was very attentive. I found the food to be slightly over-seasoned and the salads over-dressed, but I enjoyed it.Special Features:
- disappointingbabajeanVIPDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I had dinner at Industrial on Sunday night. We were disappointed in the very casual atmosphere, uncomfortable wooden chairs (no padding), and high prices for wine by the glass. Paying $12-$14 per glass at fine dining restaurants such as Rivera or Patina is fine, but not here. My duck confit was tasty but my husband did not care for his lamb dish. Service was very good but we were not impressed otherwise.
- Great dishes and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Met a friend here for brunch. She had a quiche with vegetarian chorizo. She loved it and the quiche crust. I had a plate with house smoked salmon and a slice of thick pumpernickel bread that had a cut out hole with an egg that was the equivalent of soft boiled. All surrounded by a light dill sauce. Great creative and tasting dish. Service was outstanding: always helpful and friendly without hovering or being pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 8/16/2014Very interesting restaurant. Sat upstairs where it was quieter and more romantic. Food was very good and service was excellent. Menu was varied with a lot of choices. Chairs were low for the table and made it a little awkward to eat and also have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MacNRobVIPDined on 8/15/2014This fits in line with the ever so evolving Downtown LA. It's cool, unique and a neat place to dine.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceFusionFiendVIPDined on 8/14/2014When you first walk in you are immediately greeted in a nice bar setting. Water was given to me and I ordered a nice beer (as I waited). Food was ample and folks worked together to offer great service. Food was very good. Lots of good menu options. Really enjoyed the cheese and wine selection. Also liked the salads and entrée choices. I would recommend that they warm the olives before they serve them (and add a bit of variety there). Desserts were simple but tasty.Special Features:
- Delicious!shihslDined on 8/10/2014My wife and 4 year-old son and I had a great time at Industriel. I had an amazing cocktail with elderberry liquor, made in-house, and we all shared some great dishes. The chevre gnocchi was especially impressive. For dessert, we had the apple cobbler, which was awesome as well. The vibe of the restaurant is fun and modern without feeling overly-chic or trendy. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! Brie Cheese OmeletHermanIsABottomlessPitDined on 8/9/2014I've been here a couple of times and have always enjoyed the food. I tried the brie cheese omelet a couple of days ago and almost fell off my chain. I will be coming back more often specifically for this dish!Special Features:
- Table for one please.June2Dined on 8/6/2014You can't hear the people you're with, you can't hear the servers, you can barely hear yourself think in this restaurant. So if you're going to go, go alone.
- Lovely ExperienceTheJMayVIPDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I went to Industriel for dinner before seeing a performance at the Taper. There are several cash-only parking garages nearby for about $7. The food was delicious, standouts for us were the short rib croquettes and kale salad. Our waiter was really attentive, and got us out in plenty of time to make it over to the Taper without ever making us feel rushed. Most impressively, there was a slight issue with my Open Table reservation (the host cancelled it instead of checking us in- I saw the email when I checked my phone on our way out the door), and the restaurant promptly fixed it and then followed up with me via phone the next day to make sure everything was ok. We will definitely be back the next time we are downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ithungryseanDined on 8/1/2014Came here first time during dinela and had a freat time so this was my second trip to the restaurant. Always great service and great food made a bad choice on app but still overall great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.