609 S. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90017Neighborhood:
ProvencalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://industrielfarm.com/
- Phone: 2134888040
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sun - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Fri & Sat: 4:00 - 2:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, Californian, French American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Antonishek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Soon to come Industriel will offer off site catering including office drops for corporate catering.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining as well as availability to be rented for movie and commercial shoots!
- Cross Street: 6th Street
- Public Transit: Industriel is conveniently located at the corner of Grand Avenue and 6th street where an MTA buss stop is available. In addition we are nestled between the 7th street and Pershing Square red line stops.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Industriel offers street parking as well as many options of open air or city garage parking located within walking distance from our entrance located at 60W. Grand Street
A word from Industriel
Industriel Restaurant located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles on the southwest corner of Grand avenue and 6th street. Features urban farm cuisine rooted in Provencal cooking enhanced with the seasonal bounty of the local farmers markets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Industriel reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (43)romantic (39)special occasion (32)good for groups (32)great for lunch (29)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (16)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- well donepianomanDined on 10/18/2014service and food with style. a bit noisy though. can't have everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014Food was fine, service was fine, kind of loud. I had the rib eye, which was kind of tough. Comments from our table were that there were too many tastes fighting on one plate. The cheese plate and shrimp appt. were excellent.
- Can be very goodDanteumDined on 10/15/2014I've had great food here, and mediocre food here. The quality seems to vary a lot, but when it's on, it's very good. On this occasion, it took a crazy long time for us to be approached by a server. We finally had to flag one down via a busboy.Special Features:
- PSmithVIPDined on 10/14/2014Every time I eat at Industriel, I am most pleased and have a wonderful experience! The Chicken was prepared wonderfully, in a cast iron pot, the other dishes of friends were stunning and tasty! And the Apple Cobbler, to die for, as we say! A most enjoyable evening once again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pianomanDined on 10/11/2014A quiet, romantic spot, this isn't. The noise level borders on being at LAX. That said, the food and service is quite good.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceWilliamd314Dined on 10/4/2014A friend had glowing reviews for this restaurant, so I decide to give it a try with another couple. Restaurant ^very nice, and they were kind enough to reseat us downstairs when it was too warm upstairs for my pregnant wife. The duration of the meal lasted 3+ hours though, from seating to ordering drinks, appetizers (cheese board and short rib croquettes), main courses and dessert. Additional toast for the cheese board to way too long to bring out. Not sure what the problem was, but we had enough conversation to keep us going. I'd give them another chance, hopefully the service is better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locavoraciousDined on 9/30/2014Wonderful comfort food full of great flavor. Standouts were the short rib croquettes, the shrimp scampi(gambas), the lamb entree and the gnocchi. Also enjoyed the blueberry ginger cake. The peach vodka sorbet was the essence of peach. The wait staff was first rate. Noise could be a problem. Would like to try upstairs. Downtown simply has the best restaurants in the city. And this one is high, high, high on our list now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseDuckieVIPDined on 9/27/2014We booked Industriel because it was a convenient walk from the Disney Hall. The food was creatively prepared and portions just the right sized. We sat upstairs in a comfy setting that was more intimate than the first floor. Upon exiting the bustling restaurant we decided that next time we would sit with the action around the bar. Lots of energy there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- susanVIPDined on 9/27/2014the food was not very good. Had the baramundi with wheat berries. The wheat berries were cold which was wierd with warm fish. Bread was so greasy that I could not eat it. While the waiter was taking our order another table beckoned him and he left with no explanation.
- Close to the Music Center...DOA1Dined on 9/23/2014My wife and I enjoyed our meal, and my wife couldn't stop raving about the salmon. The apple cobbler was great, too.
- Lamb dish was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The Lamb main entree with africa spices is filled with such flavors, will return just for that particular dishSpecial Features:
- Great findBinksDined on 9/11/2014Loved coming here before a concert at Zipper Hall. It was our first time. The Thursday entree and wine special was delicious...duck and pinot and the warm romaine was terrific. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/10/2014My first visit to your restaurant, and I was disappointed. It was way too hot upstairs with no proper AC. Because it was so hot, my date and I kept drinking the ice water like fish. Unfortunately the waiter was no where to be seen to get a refill so we walked over to the bar and grabbed the pitcher of water to bring to our table. After that the waiter got the hint and our glasses never reached the half way mark. Our waiter was extremely nice, but I'm guessing the heat affected his service abilities. The food was very well presented but way too oily, too salty, too much...you get the point. The salmon was great but drowned in sauce (easy on the sauce guys). Loved the potatoes with aioli, the glazed balsamic is unnecessary.
- First time at industryMSDGDined on 8/29/2014Ordered from their small plate tapas menu. The food was very interesting and very well prepared. The cocktails and the food was very good. The service was very good once we got to understand how the servers work together.Special Features:
- Nice meal, excellent servicekvlaDined on 8/24/2014The food was excellent and the service was very attentive. I found the food to be slightly over-seasoned and the salads over-dressed, but I enjoyed it.Special Features:
- disappointingbabajeanVIPDined on 8/24/2014My husband and I had dinner at Industrial on Sunday night. We were disappointed in the very casual atmosphere, uncomfortable wooden chairs (no padding), and high prices for wine by the glass. Paying $12-$14 per glass at fine dining restaurants such as Rivera or Patina is fine, but not here. My duck confit was tasty but my husband did not care for his lamb dish. Service was very good but we were not impressed otherwise.
- Great dishes and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Met a friend here for brunch. She had a quiche with vegetarian chorizo. She loved it and the quiche crust. I had a plate with house smoked salmon and a slice of thick pumpernickel bread that had a cut out hole with an egg that was the equivalent of soft boiled. All surrounded by a light dill sauce. Great creative and tasting dish. Service was outstanding: always helpful and friendly without hovering or being pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 8/16/2014Very interesting restaurant. Sat upstairs where it was quieter and more romantic. Food was very good and service was excellent. Menu was varied with a lot of choices. Chairs were low for the table and made it a little awkward to eat and also have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MacNRobVIPDined on 8/15/2014This fits in line with the ever so evolving Downtown LA. It's cool, unique and a neat place to dine.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceFusionFiendVIPDined on 8/14/2014When you first walk in you are immediately greeted in a nice bar setting. Water was given to me and I ordered a nice beer (as I waited). Food was ample and folks worked together to offer great service. Food was very good. Lots of good menu options. Really enjoyed the cheese and wine selection. Also liked the salads and entrée choices. I would recommend that they warm the olives before they serve them (and add a bit of variety there). Desserts were simple but tasty.Special Features:
- Delicious!shihslDined on 8/10/2014My wife and 4 year-old son and I had a great time at Industriel. I had an amazing cocktail with elderberry liquor, made in-house, and we all shared some great dishes. The chevre gnocchi was especially impressive. For dessert, we had the apple cobbler, which was awesome as well. The vibe of the restaurant is fun and modern without feeling overly-chic or trendy. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG! Brie Cheese OmeletHermanIsABottomlessPitDined on 8/9/2014I've been here a couple of times and have always enjoyed the food. I tried the brie cheese omelet a couple of days ago and almost fell off my chain. I will be coming back more often specifically for this dish!Special Features:
- Table for one please.June2Dined on 8/6/2014You can't hear the people you're with, you can't hear the servers, you can barely hear yourself think in this restaurant. So if you're going to go, go alone.
- Lovely ExperienceTheJMayVIPDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I went to Industriel for dinner before seeing a performance at the Taper. There are several cash-only parking garages nearby for about $7. The food was delicious, standouts for us were the short rib croquettes and kale salad. Our waiter was really attentive, and got us out in plenty of time to make it over to the Taper without ever making us feel rushed. Most impressively, there was a slight issue with my Open Table reservation (the host cancelled it instead of checking us in- I saw the email when I checked my phone on our way out the door), and the restaurant promptly fixed it and then followed up with me via phone the next day to make sure everything was ok. We will definitely be back the next time we are downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love ithungryseanDined on 8/1/2014Came here first time during dinela and had a freat time so this was my second trip to the restaurant. Always great service and great food made a bad choice on app but still overall great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experiencehappydinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food, friendly and attentive service, fun atmosphere. The best meal we had during recent weekend trip to LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLa DiscoveryTequilaMockingbirdDined on 7/25/2014We wound up here after failing several times to get in at Black Hogg in silverlake and I'm so glad we did. The cocktails were remarkable and the food was excellent. I was worried when it took us 5 minutes past our reservation time to park( I notified the restaurant 15 minutes prior since I had a hunch that might happen) and they were very friendly and understanding. We waited about 10 minutes for our table in the downstairs area which is rather small but that was the biggest drawback of the wait-- the servers and bartenders are happy to take care of you downstairs but it's very close quarters and a tight fit while waiting for table. The kale salad, lamb stew, strawberry shortcake & tomato & corn chowder were all delicious! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014Service a bit lacking, and that was during lunch when there wasn't much of a crowd. Got the DineLA menu and enjoyed my meal. So did my friend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackiWackiDined on 7/25/2014Cool atmosphere with near excellent food. The tomato soup was outstanding. One of the best I've had anywhere. The burger would've been outstanding too, but the edges of the bun were burned & the charred taste overpowered the other flavors. Great place for a business lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great depth of flavor!FoodieDined on 7/24/2014It is rare that I find a restaurant that has great depth of flavor, and your restaurant provides that. The food was excellent, and the service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Noisy and uninspiredvalentinesanniversaryDined on 7/23/2014My favorite dish at the restaurant was the Radicchio salad, but the Lamb stew was fine. The dessert was insipid and uninspired. Not only was the food only OKAY, but it was so loud that I could hardly enjoy the meal or the conversation with my dinner companion.
- Great Earthy DishesKekeDined on 7/23/2014I loved the ambiance of this restaurant as soon as we walked in. The restaurant is very charmingly decorated: it is dimly lit with interesting pieces of art work, including a chandelier made of honey bear bottles. For our first course, I had the quinoa with beets and pickled persian cucumbers, and my boyfriend had the kale salad. While these sound like super health-conscous dishes, they were delicious. We also ordered a side of long purple string beans (not on DineLA menu). These were AMAZING and buttery. For entrees, we both had the lamb stew. The lamb was nice and tender, and the sauce was super savory. The portion looks small but it is still very filling. I was not blown away by the buttermilk biscuit with strawberry dessert.Special Features:
- Yummers!MiaRomes26Dined on 7/22/2014Ahhhhmazingly good food. I had the vegetarian risotto and it was great. Quinoa salad blew my mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pass the salt!Odaliz1VIPDined on 7/22/2014The restaurant was nice and our server was very attentive. The drinks weren't as good as I expected them to be - Happy Hour was very limited. Ordered the dineLA menu: Kale Salad (very good), 1/2 game hen (lacked flavor and was dry), peanut butter chocolate cake w/ marshmallows (too sweet and it was difficult to eat the way it was served). I won't be returning anytime soon.
- Surprisingly goodfoodluverdenverDined on 7/22/2014I went with a group of coworkers. The prices were reasonable (4 of us age for $150) and the food was really spot on. We ordered the cheese and game board for an appetizer and it was a great and flavorful assortment for both. I had the Duck Confit and it was fantastic. I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Great foodsmoochesVIPDined on 7/21/2014Service was a bit lacking but generally I can deal with that. I have no shame flagging my waiter down vs. waiting 20 mins for him to come by. Ribeye was delicious, highly rec. that and at $28 very reasonable price. Checkerboard (meat plate--akin to a cheese plate) was delicious. Industriel really knows how to pair sauces with their food. Every sauce went so well with it's pairing. Kale salad was very good--reminded me of the kale salad at Bestia. Fairly inexpensive meal at Industriel for the food quality. It's extremely loud, as in I had to yell to speak to my dinner partner. The ambiance isn't romantic. I'd def go back.Special Features:
- GoodAnitaDined on 7/21/2014Their duck confit was amazing as was several of their small plates, not a fan of the desserts though.Special Features:
- funImbidjoDined on 7/19/2014Service was great, bartender very friendly and overall ambience was lively and fun. Food was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular Bar SceneIndus1Dined on 7/19/2014Please note that you won't be seated unless your entire party is present. We were seated at a small table next to the bar. I noticed that there were a lot of spices & fresh herbs at the bar for the specialty cocktails. I had the dineLA stew option while my friends ordered off the regular menu. Lamb Stew - 3.5 stars (reminds me of chili with lamb with one too many pinches of salt) Duck Confit - 4 star (crispy skin and rich, buttery flavors) French Onion Duck Soup - 3.5 stars (no duck morsels to be found) Pork chops - 3 stars ( good portion but a little dry and salty) Overall good experienceSpecial Features:
- Great experience!dianapaolamDined on 7/19/2014I really enjoyed dinner here with my fiance. I definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.