Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille
1084 Linwood Ave
Valparaiso, IN 46383Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.industrialrevolutioneatery.com/
- Phone: 2194651801
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live acoustic entertainment on Wednesdays
A word from Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille
Born out of a passion to create a bold, unique and exciting restaurant theme, the Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille fuses the finest handcrafted comfort cuisine with an atmosphere that pays tribute to the American spirit of Innovation and Greatness. We aim to connect with our guests by telling the story of our nation’s inspirational past while serving them delicious classic foods favored by the American worker. This environment, which we call Upscale Industrial, is meant to inspire diners with inspirational stories of both famous and ordinary people who have made great contributions that build this country. By reminding patrons of the achievements of famous American figures, and introducing them to equally important but lesser known heroes, we encourage people to take risks of their own. We want Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille to satisfy your hunger for a quality meal, entertain you, and ultimately inspire you to strive for the opportunities this life has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (5)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Incredible food paired with great service makes Industrial Revolution a must-eat in the Valpo area. Top notch.Special Features:
- AwesomeShelwebDined on 9/13/2014Best burgers ever!! Wish it was closer so I could eat there more. Would love to share this find with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgerswifeybdayDined on 9/7/2014Good food excellent service kid friendly! I really like the industrial feel here in the heart of steel country. Want to own my own restaurant like it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014EXCELLENT BURGERS, A LITTLE PRICY BUT A QUALITY PRDUCT. THE WAITRESS DID AN EXCELLENT JOB. SHE HAD AN EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE OF THE MENU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 8/30/2014We stopped here for the first time and really enjoyed the burgers. Nice crunchy outside without being overdone. We had the sampler and were able to try 4 of the burgers. All were delicious. Unfortunately the garlic potato wedges and sweet potato fries were just ok. We would go back for a burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingGilreignVIPDined on 8/29/2014Interesting decor, premise. Spotlight on individual inventors each month with biography. Pub food is good, large variety in menu. Open late so great for travelers.Special Features:
- Racegal88Dined on 6/7/2014Always enjoy the food there. They have the best burgers without a doubt. Our whole family was very happy with the meal and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille reviews archive.
- Awesome Burgers!RhondaDined on 5/17/2014Fantastic burgers! I had the burger sampler and it was an excellent choice!!! I got to sample 4 mini burgers, all of which were outstanding! The others in my party raved on how delicious the burgers were. Also the garlic Parmesan potato wedges were very good. I'll be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerGraduationDined on 5/17/2014We went here after graduation. This restaurant took reservations that were extremely easy to make. We walked in, were seated immediately, and our server was excellent and attentive. The food was delicious. Because my daughter graduated, I doubt we will return here, but I will definitely recommend it to friends with younger students at Valparaiso University.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunchOut2lunchDined on 5/11/2014My family enjoyed our lunch. My 14 yr. old said, "Their chili is better than yours mom," she loves chili. The food was excellent and the prices are reasonable. The decor is enough to keep conversation going, we truly enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Great service and good foodSkhrphDined on 5/10/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Industrial Revolution! Unique menu items and the servers gave great recommendations. I had the hamburger sampler because there were too many good entrees on the menu to just pick one! Our party of five all enjoyed our food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out favorite place!Momof2monkeysDined on 5/3/2014Our family of 4 loves this place. The food is always excellent and we love the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different styleYesteryearDined on 5/3/2014Food was OK the service was great. The pictures will show the younger people how this country was build before all the government regulation came to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a GREAT time!!shortjhDined on 4/19/2014We are from Grand Rapids, Michigan and one of our son's are from Elgin Illinois so we met at the Industrial Revolution Eatery for lunch to celebrate our 50th. Wedding Anniversary. We had wonderful service and everyone was so friendly and the food was excellent. This was our first trip and I would travel the distance because it was well worth the trip. My 6 year old grandson fell in love with the train. I loved it and would definitely recommend this place to anyone. The online reservation was very easy and convenient. I had the turkey sandwich and my husband had a salad, someone ordered the pizza and a couple had the hamburgs. No complaints from anyone. We did enjoy the chips and white cheese appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really fun placebrunchVIPDined on 4/16/2014Great Service. Good food. A little pricey for the area though. Fantastic decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereLuvgrubDined on 4/14/2014We have been here twice now and both times we were pleased. The wait staff are polite and fun and the food is very good! They got us samples of the beer to see if we liked it before we chose so all in all we'd give this place two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I cameLuv2EatFoodDined on 4/12/2014I have been wanting to come here since I saw it when I took my son to school in Ft.Wayne back in August. Well we picked him up for the weekend and on the way home we stopped and it was AWESOME!!! We loved everythjing from the drinks to the food. My brother,whose in culinery school, wants to work there! I can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeWh1581Dined on 4/6/2014We went to celebrate a family member's birthday and had a great time :). The service was great and so was the food! We will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveMerrillvillemomof2Dined on 3/22/2014Saturday was our first time there. Had a party of 10. Used open table for our reservation, worked great. Our table was ready when we got there. Our server was awesome. Didnt have to ask for refills. Food came to our table fast. Would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ThereSusieWVIPDined on 3/15/2014We have driven past some many times so we decided to make reservations. The menu of traditional comfort foods had many great choices. We were pleasantly surprised at the number of craft beers on draft. Service was great! The only negative is it was a little loud and at times you had to yell at the person across the table from you. But I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place, average foodNoellemaeDined on 3/7/2014This restaurant has a very cool theme, and the service is on par with other college town restaurants. The food is nothing special, and we found the portion sizes to be very small for the price. I ordered the country fried chicken with gravy, and the peice of chicken was slightly larger than a chicken tender. I'm not sure we'll be back.Special Features:
- We had a party of 10 and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We had a party of 10 and our reservation was ready when we got there. Our service was outstanding and we had an enjoyable time. The french onion soup was very good! The special was prime rib, and that's what we ordered and it was very good. I will fore sure go back to try other items on the menu!Special Features:
- First time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Our first time there was on Valentine's day. Since I reserved on line, getting a table on such a busy night was a breeze. As soon as we were seated our waitress was there. My husband loves good beer and she was exceptionally well versed...bravo to her. On top of that the food was wonderful and the service was great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick on a busy nightAkozDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day. One of the only places who allows reservations around me. Got in and out in 45 min. Quick and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A GREAT FIND!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014First of all, we loved the idea of being able to make reservations online. When we walked in we were escorted to our table immediately. What a treat on a holiday. The attitude of your staff is above par. The ambience is so different and fun; great for kids as well. Loved the train. The menu was comfort food at it's highest level. We will be coming back soon and often.Special Features:
- New Years Eve SnowChestertonDined on 12/31/2013STAFF: Waiter was polite, professional, & attentive. Moving reservation time back due to bad road conditions was easy for our group of 6. The person who answered the phone was pleasant, understanding, and accomodating. FOOD: Fried Pickles and the Brick Oven Baked Flatbread were delicious; however, the Flatbread was a bit small in portion for the $7.95 price tag. Our entrees included Stuffed Smoked Bacon Burgers, the Burger Sampler, Beef Stroganoff, and the Grilled Chicken Sandwich. All were delicious, unique, and ideal portion sizes. AMBIANCE: American flag touches, period war and historical clips on t.v.'s, and the weekly salute to a great American all = a wonderful experience at I.R. Love this restaurant and highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff, plenty of menu choicesOCTopDined on 12/23/2013We hadn't been to Industrial Revolution in approximately six months, but really enjoyed our most recent visit. The hostess and waiter were both very welcoming and efficient. We have always enjoyed the atmosphere and food. Burger selection is terrific. I would love to see them offer something other than fries to accompany the sandwich, such as soup or salad.Special Features:
- Great Valpo asset!kaklecknerDined on 12/23/2013We had a new waitress so she was very slow and seemed to have a lot of tables. Food was good but very slow to be served. Bit pricey for burgers though they were good and the garlic roasted potatoes were delicious, just needed more of them!will come back and would recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Had a pleasant experience. The food and the service were both among the best I've had.Special Features:
- blown away!!!munozj80Dined on 12/6/2013this is truly a great place in Valpo. Service was excellent, food was outstanding! We are making reservations to go back very soon! The house was full when we got there, and yet even though we were 15 minutes early, our table was ready and waiting!Special Features:
- Cool Place to DineManuelloMontebanDined on 11/25/2013Thought the building was cool from the outside until I went in. Inside, the decor keeps true to it's theme! The service was great and the food was delicious. It was nice to see the beer list offering so many local brews. Overall experience was most enjoyable. Looking forward to my return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique FindRustyChooChooDined on 11/14/2013This is a unique spot to eat, great food, and a trip American history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go again!RobynVIPDined on 11/9/2013Not familiar with Valparaiso I selected a restaurant based on food options, price, and location. The menu contains a lot of 'comfort' food options, which are also heavier than I would prefer. I selected the fish tacos and they were good! The slaw and condiments on them were tasty. My husband had the pot roast mac and cheese which he enjoyed and took half the portion home. The food is plentiful. Service made a couple of small mistakes, not significant. The restaurant was packed yet the food was served very quickly and was hot! Despite not typically gravitating toward heavier food options I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but I had toBethVIPDined on 11/2/2013Food was good but I had to wait for silverware and condiments. Once we got the ability to eat it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected...ScottDined on 11/2/2013From reading the Yelp reviews we didn't expect much but the food and experience actually was very good. We were able to make reservations which is almost unheard of nowadays in relatively inexpensive restaurants.Special Features:
- Worth the WaitShopTinkerDined on 10/19/2013It's an interesting restaurant. The brick and steel look of an old factory makes for a warm and inviting environment. Everybody likes the train that runs on a track suspended from the ceiling. We had a party of 10 on a Saturday night. When we arrived the place was packed with a line out the door. I'd made a reservation for 5:45 and we were seated by 6:00. That's not to bad. The service was pretty good considering how busy they were. Most every one enjoyed their meal, The Beammer beef sandwich, the pot roast dinner, and the meatloaf dinner were outstanding. The kids liked their burgers and pizza. The pot roast pot pie only ranked an okay. We weren't rushed, we enjoyed ourselves, and were finished and leaving at 7:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseJ5672Dined on 10/12/2013Food was delicious. Prices for drinks and food was reasonable. Driven by here a number of times. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall!LizzieGDined on 9/28/2013It was a super busy Saturday night. Food was a little slow, as to be expected on a busy night. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableZim2Dined on 9/14/2013Our table was available when we first walked in. The sever was very attentive and friendly. Our order was made in a very timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeLaurieDined on 9/6/2013Our son and his wife met us there for a first anniversary dinner. We arrived early and our table was waiting for us. Server was attentive but not overly. My husband was on a special diet and your salads were wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.