Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille
1084 Linwood Ave
Valparaiso, IN 46383Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.industrialrevolutioneatery.com/
- Phone: (219) 465-1801
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live acoustic entertainment on Wednesdays
A word from Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille
Born out of a passion to create a bold, unique and exciting restaurant theme, the Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille fuses the finest handcrafted comfort cuisine with an atmosphere that pays tribute to the American spirit of Innovation and Greatness. We aim to connect with our guests by telling the story of our nation’s inspirational past while serving them delicious classic foods favored by the American worker. This environment, which we call Upscale Industrial, is meant to inspire diners with inspirational stories of both famous and ordinary people who have made great contributions that build this country. By reminding patrons of the achievements of famous American figures, and introducing them to equally important but lesser known heroes, we encourage people to take risks of their own. We want Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille to satisfy your hunger for a quality meal, entertain you, and ultimately inspire you to strive for the opportunities this life has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille - Best Restaurants in Valparaiso, IN ›
Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (19)great for lunch (17)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (10)hot spot (6)special occasion (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- so close to perfectAMDnightDined on 11/21/2014Need a more attentive server. Good and setting were exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow.rxpolarbearDined on 11/17/2014The theme is interesting, the service was perfect and the food was marvelous. Everything served hot and plated nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElsaAngelGirlDined on 11/11/2014I came across this amazing restaurant by accident. I drove over from South Bend and will definitely go again. It is welll worth the drive!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good ExperienceVernmanDined on 11/6/2014I took an out of town vendor (Bob) to eat there on a Thurday night around 7:00 and when we arrived the place was not very full so that was a major plus since I don't like noisy restaurants. We were seated right away and our waiter Rick was quick to ask what we wanted to drink. Bob likes the micro brewery beers so Rick was very helpful. When we ordered the food I chose the meatloaf and Bob chose the pot roast since it was a recommended selection. My dinner was really good but Bob's was not at all what we thought it would be. Whoever heard of pot roast with cheese melted on top let alone LOTS of it? Bob was not happy nor would I have been if I had chosen it. Other than Bob's mediocre dinner, I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantTruDibsDined on 10/30/2014Love the theme! Love that it is all about America.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy GroupbrhruethDined on 10/18/2014We dined with a large group (25) on a Saturday night. Not only did they accommodate the large group without issue, they created a smaller menu for our guests to enjoy. Everyone enjoyed their meals, the kids & adults were happy. Service was good, even for a busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Saturday night mealkoolpenguinDined on 10/18/2014We were in town to visit our daughter who's a freshman @ Valpo. I read good reviews and decided to book a table for the 4 of us. So nice and easy to make a couple of clicks at 4:00 on my laptop and then walk into a jam packed entry way and be seated right away. We all really enjoyed our meal and the ambiance of the place. Our server was great and they checked on us many times. Our meal was a little slow getting to our table but we were not in a hurry. I had the chicken fried chicken which was very good but could have been a bit warmer. My wife really enjoyed her pot roast pot pie. The meat loaf was also excellent. We will definitely come back again to try some of the other good looking meals on the menu!!Special Features:
- Jodiandrich@sbcglobal.netOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I don't write many reviews but this deserve one! My son atteneds college there and it is so nice to place reservations on line from out of state! Food is always out of this world! Service is outstanding every time for the past 4 years! Always best of the best. Being that I am from a city by Chicago I recommend your restaurant highly to everyone that wants a romantic evening to a fun time to a Great Family meal! This restaurant has it all! From the minute you walk up the sidewalk and step in the door and greeted with a smile til you are seated and greeted by your server with their smile and suggestions for a great meal! And just enough atmosophsire! Always a perfect meal❤️Thank you from JodiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked eveything about this placerasputinDined on 10/12/2014The food was outstanding. I like the theme of the place. Celebrating American exceptionalism. Our waitress Samantha was a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Great beer menu and food menu. Enjoyed the ambience tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Incredible food paired with great service makes Industrial Revolution a must-eat in the Valpo area. Top notch.Special Features:
- AwesomeShelwebDined on 9/13/2014Best burgers ever!! Wish it was closer so I could eat there more. Would love to share this find with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgerswifeybdayDined on 9/7/2014Good food excellent service kid friendly! I really like the industrial feel here in the heart of steel country. Want to own my own restaurant like it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014EXCELLENT BURGERS, A LITTLE PRICY BUT A QUALITY PRDUCT. THE WAITRESS DID AN EXCELLENT JOB. SHE HAD AN EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE OF THE MENU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatDined on 8/30/2014We stopped here for the first time and really enjoyed the burgers. Nice crunchy outside without being overdone. We had the sampler and were able to try 4 of the burgers. All were delicious. Unfortunately the garlic potato wedges and sweet potato fries were just ok. We would go back for a burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingGilreignVIPDined on 8/29/2014Interesting decor, premise. Spotlight on individual inventors each month with biography. Pub food is good, large variety in menu. Open late so great for travelers.Special Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille reviews archive.
- Racegal88Dined on 6/7/2014Always enjoy the food there. They have the best burgers without a doubt. Our whole family was very happy with the meal and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Burgers!RhondaDined on 5/17/2014Fantastic burgers! I had the burger sampler and it was an excellent choice!!! I got to sample 4 mini burgers, all of which were outstanding! The others in my party raved on how delicious the burgers were. Also the garlic Parmesan potato wedges were very good. I'll be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerGraduationDined on 5/17/2014We went here after graduation. This restaurant took reservations that were extremely easy to make. We walked in, were seated immediately, and our server was excellent and attentive. The food was delicious. Because my daughter graduated, I doubt we will return here, but I will definitely recommend it to friends with younger students at Valparaiso University.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunchOut2lunchDined on 5/11/2014My family enjoyed our lunch. My 14 yr. old said, "Their chili is better than yours mom," she loves chili. The food was excellent and the prices are reasonable. The decor is enough to keep conversation going, we truly enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Great service and good foodSkhrphDined on 5/10/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Industrial Revolution! Unique menu items and the servers gave great recommendations. I had the hamburger sampler because there were too many good entrees on the menu to just pick one! Our party of five all enjoyed our food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out favorite place!Momof2monkeysDined on 5/3/2014Our family of 4 loves this place. The food is always excellent and we love the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different styleYesteryearDined on 5/3/2014Food was OK the service was great. The pictures will show the younger people how this country was build before all the government regulation came to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a GREAT time!!shortjhDined on 4/19/2014We are from Grand Rapids, Michigan and one of our son's are from Elgin Illinois so we met at the Industrial Revolution Eatery for lunch to celebrate our 50th. Wedding Anniversary. We had wonderful service and everyone was so friendly and the food was excellent. This was our first trip and I would travel the distance because it was well worth the trip. My 6 year old grandson fell in love with the train. I loved it and would definitely recommend this place to anyone. The online reservation was very easy and convenient. I had the turkey sandwich and my husband had a salad, someone ordered the pizza and a couple had the hamburgs. No complaints from anyone. We did enjoy the chips and white cheese appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really fun placebrunchVIPDined on 4/16/2014Great Service. Good food. A little pricey for the area though. Fantastic decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereLuvgrubDined on 4/14/2014We have been here twice now and both times we were pleased. The wait staff are polite and fun and the food is very good! They got us samples of the beer to see if we liked it before we chose so all in all we'd give this place two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I cameLuv2EatFoodDined on 4/12/2014I have been wanting to come here since I saw it when I took my son to school in Ft.Wayne back in August. Well we picked him up for the weekend and on the way home we stopped and it was AWESOME!!! We loved everythjing from the drinks to the food. My brother,whose in culinery school, wants to work there! I can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeWh1581Dined on 4/6/2014We went to celebrate a family member's birthday and had a great time :). The service was great and so was the food! We will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveMerrillvillemomof2Dined on 3/22/2014Saturday was our first time there. Had a party of 10. Used open table for our reservation, worked great. Our table was ready when we got there. Our server was awesome. Didnt have to ask for refills. Food came to our table fast. Would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ThereSusieWVIPDined on 3/15/2014We have driven past some many times so we decided to make reservations. The menu of traditional comfort foods had many great choices. We were pleasantly surprised at the number of craft beers on draft. Service was great! The only negative is it was a little loud and at times you had to yell at the person across the table from you. But I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place, average foodNoellemaeDined on 3/7/2014This restaurant has a very cool theme, and the service is on par with other college town restaurants. The food is nothing special, and we found the portion sizes to be very small for the price. I ordered the country fried chicken with gravy, and the peice of chicken was slightly larger than a chicken tender. I'm not sure we'll be back.Special Features:
- We had a party of 10 and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We had a party of 10 and our reservation was ready when we got there. Our service was outstanding and we had an enjoyable time. The french onion soup was very good! The special was prime rib, and that's what we ordered and it was very good. I will fore sure go back to try other items on the menu!Special Features:
- First time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Our first time there was on Valentine's day. Since I reserved on line, getting a table on such a busy night was a breeze. As soon as we were seated our waitress was there. My husband loves good beer and she was exceptionally well versed...bravo to her. On top of that the food was wonderful and the service was great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick on a busy nightAkozDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentine's Day. One of the only places who allows reservations around me. Got in and out in 45 min. Quick and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A GREAT FIND!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014First of all, we loved the idea of being able to make reservations online. When we walked in we were escorted to our table immediately. What a treat on a holiday. The attitude of your staff is above par. The ambience is so different and fun; great for kids as well. Loved the train. The menu was comfort food at it's highest level. We will be coming back soon and often.Special Features:
- New Years Eve SnowChestertonDined on 12/31/2013STAFF: Waiter was polite, professional, & attentive. Moving reservation time back due to bad road conditions was easy for our group of 6. The person who answered the phone was pleasant, understanding, and accomodating. FOOD: Fried Pickles and the Brick Oven Baked Flatbread were delicious; however, the Flatbread was a bit small in portion for the $7.95 price tag. Our entrees included Stuffed Smoked Bacon Burgers, the Burger Sampler, Beef Stroganoff, and the Grilled Chicken Sandwich. All were delicious, unique, and ideal portion sizes. AMBIANCE: American flag touches, period war and historical clips on t.v.'s, and the weekly salute to a great American all = a wonderful experience at I.R. Love this restaurant and highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great staff, plenty of menu choicesOCTopDined on 12/23/2013We hadn't been to Industrial Revolution in approximately six months, but really enjoyed our most recent visit. The hostess and waiter were both very welcoming and efficient. We have always enjoyed the atmosphere and food. Burger selection is terrific. I would love to see them offer something other than fries to accompany the sandwich, such as soup or salad.Special Features:
- Great Valpo asset!kaklecknerDined on 12/23/2013We had a new waitress so she was very slow and seemed to have a lot of tables. Food was good but very slow to be served. Bit pricey for burgers though they were good and the garlic roasted potatoes were delicious, just needed more of them!will come back and would recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Had a pleasant experience. The food and the service were both among the best I've had.Special Features:
- blown away!!!munozj80Dined on 12/6/2013this is truly a great place in Valpo. Service was excellent, food was outstanding! We are making reservations to go back very soon! The house was full when we got there, and yet even though we were 15 minutes early, our table was ready and waiting!Special Features: