Indulj Restaurant Lounge
1208 U street NW
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
U Street Corridor
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Indulj Restaurant Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.induljdc.com/
- Phone: 202-986-9400
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour Tuesday- Saturday: 5:00pm- 8:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am; CLOSED ON SUNDAY & MONDAY
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Southern
- Executive Chef: Alvaro Baustisa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Indulj Restaurant & Lounge eases the worry of event planning with our specially conceived INDULJ Event packages. Or, if you wish to custom-design your occasion, these details will spark your imagination. Whichever you choose, Indulj Restaurant & Lounge Creative Specialists are ready to offer expert assistance – allowing you to anticipate your special day with pleasure and confidence. Whether you dream of a grand gala or an intimate gathering, we invite you to explore all the possibilities.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you prefer deliciously uncomplicated fare or innovative elaborate cuisine, we can assist you in creating a menu to reflect your tastes. We can also provide your guests with a selection of delectable entrees to choose from our seasonal menu offerings. Regardless of your choices, our award-winning chef will present an extraordinary menu unique to Indulj, which will delight all of the senses. From intimate to extravagant, traditional to unexpected.
- Private Party Contact: Pamela Person 202-986-9400
- Entertainment: Indulj Restaurant & Lounge boasts a sexy lounge, stylish VIP areas, the best live music on the U Street corridor with an inviting patio/ terrace. Indulj Restaurant & Lounge is one of DC’s best kept secrets. A favorite dining destinations for many of the DC-In The Know!
- Special Events: Discover the flawless hospitality of Washington’s premier venue. Unequaled attentiveness and gracious service attract business and leisure guests, dignitaries and celebrities alike to this legendary U Street retreat in prestigious Washington DC. HAPPY HOUR ON PATIO UNTIL MIDNIGHT- Tuesday-Saturday
A word from Indulj Restaurant Lounge
Indulj Restaurant & Lounge is downtown DC’s hottest new experience for dining and entertainment, located near Logan Circle in the heart of U Street in North West Washington DC. The restaurant is open for Happy Hour until late night dining,with take out available. Serving delicious, Southern Inspired Tapas with an Italian flair elegantly tailored by our superb chefs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Indulj Restaurant Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Indulj appears.to be a nightclubOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/22/2012Indulj appears.to be a nightclub that serves food. You enter past the bandstand with the drum set on stage into an empty cavernous room with scarred wooden tables alomg the wall (did people dance on top of them?) The menue is limited to bar food, but prepared pretty well and the server was delightful.
- Awful. Never going back. ThereAshCraftVIPDined on 11/29/2012Awful. Never going back. There was no hostess there to seat me or check me in for my reservation. It took the waitress over 10 minutes to bring us a menu. Then another 20 minutes to come take our drink orders. We placed our appetizer and food order at the same time. After about 35 minutes we asked for our appetizer and she said it was coming with our food because we didn't tell her we wanted it to come first. The down home spring rolls were good. The alfredo was bland and awful! NEVER GOING BACK!!!
- One of my favorite placesJaeGVIPDined on 11/8/2012One of my favorite places to listen to a live band(DC/ popular music). Food is delicious (wouldn't make a special trip god any item). Happy hour prices are great. The waitrress was overwhelmed but she was tentative and friendly!Special Features:
- I made a dinner reservationMHBrodyDined on 10/17/2012I made a dinner reservation at Indulj having read good reviews. My friend and I sat down and ordered drinks. The band, for which there was no notice would be playing, began to play. The music was so, terribly loud that it was impossible to hear my date nor myself speak. We left. Thank you.
- Went for happy hour on a TuesdayQuincyDined on 7/24/2012Went for happy hour on a Tuesday night and was impressed. Good music, good food and good drinks. We ordered wings, catfish nuggets and the skewers off the happy hour menu and all were pretty good.Special Features:
- Loud, Great for Drinks, Not FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2012This more of a bar than a restaurant. But even then, one of our biggest gripes was the lack of quality vodkas available from the bar for martinis we ordered. Also, the appetizers were great, but the meals we ordered left much to be desired, and some of our orders were incorrect.Special Features:
- Well we walked in and thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2011Well we walked in and there was no one to greet us at the door. All of the seats say :reserved" It took us a while to get service., The food was just ok. This place is probably better for the longe portion and not the restaurant. The menu online is not accurate. They only had seafood items and wings when we went. no beef. :( It was ok but I left hungry and irritated. Many others left as well.
- My wife and I had a blastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2011My wife and I had a blast this good find on U street. The live band was grand and the food was better than expected. I highly recommend Indulj for a good date night.Special Features:
- I was there for the live band,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/11/2011I was there for the live band, Cool Fire, and they were great as usual. I go there for the great happy hour food and drinks as well!Special Features:
- I have been to Indulj twiceTheParkersDined on 8/27/2010I have been to Indulj twice and both times have received horrible customer service. This place does not have enough waiters to take care of its customers. Both times I had to get up and hunt down my server and remind him/her that I would like to order something and then to find them to see what status of my food. They did not even return to ask how everything was so needless to say, I did not leave a tip. The bands are ok but if you're looking to dine here as well..beware that you will be waiting at least 2-3 hours to get your food. At that time you may lose your appetite.Special Features:
- Our server Brandon was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2010Our server Brandon was awesome! The Happy Hour specials are great as well.
- Table was not ready. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/23/2010Table was not ready. There was alive band in a small space and we were parked right in front of it, even though there were plenty of other open tables. It's unclear why we had to wait for a table.
- This restaurant was the perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2010This restaurant was the perfect fit for a birthday dinner and night out. We had good food, drinks then went upstairs to dance and listen to the music. Overall I think it fit what we were looking for which was a chill place that was not too crowded but had options, to sit or dance.Special Features:
- Pretty empty early on here,eidickVIPDined on 6/26/2010Pretty empty early on here, because the big crowd comes late for the live music. But we enjoyed the beef sliders and the seafood pasta was excellent.Special Features:
- My sister and I went for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2010My sister and I went for dinner before watching Sophisticated Ladies at the Lincoln Theater on a Friday night. EVERYONE smiled and said hello when we walked through the door, which is a great show of class and service. The waiter was excellent and gave us recommendations and the food did not disappoint. We had the wing sampler, house salads and shared the roasted chicken. Everything was seasoned well and tasty. Only drawback was the band getting ready for their show which we thought wouldn't start until 9pm but actually started around 7pm. The singer sang along with the recorded music playing to warm up which was a little distracting and loud. Otherwise, highly recommended. Will definitely go again before a show.
- We were there for brunch andOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/20/2010We were there for brunch and it was really nice. The Mimosa's were fabulous. However, the next time we went they were closed despite the fact that the brunch was still advertised. There needs to be some consistency.
- Not organized at all. I feltOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/19/2010Not organized at all. I felt as if I was intruding on the upcoming music session, despite my confirmed reservation. There were reserved notes on every table except the one we were sitting at....how tacky. This place should remove "restaurant" from its name and stick with lounge. The server was extremely nice.
- We went for dinner beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/16/2010We went for dinner before going to the Lincoln theater and regretted that we had to leave as there was a very good group playing -- and on a Wednesdsay night. Would definitely go back. The only downside was that the service was quite slow - but had we not been going to the theater that probably wouldn't have bothered us. The mojitos were great! and quite a bargain (at least during happy hour)Special Features:
- The space was interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2010The space was interesting and soothing, but the music became a little annoying after a while. The service was fantastic but the food was average (although I really loved the spring rolls). I had very high hopes but just was not impressed overall. On the other hand, this was my first time. Maybe a different meal will be more interesting.
- This was a poor choice forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2010This was a poor choice for an early dinner. It is really a night spot. The table was not set; no condiments, salt & pepper on the table and was served slice bread when asked for rolls. However the food was pretty good, with the exception of instant mashed potatoes.
- Service was OK, but this isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2010Service was OK, but this is a run-down bar. Photos and descriptions on Open Table made it look much more upscale than it is. Food was different, but not anything special. I wouldn't go back.
- This restaurant was just OK.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2010This restaurant was just OK. Food was very over priced and the service was awful. They had a live band that was not advertised before making the reservation so what we wanted to be a quiet intimate night with friends was filled with loud overbearing music. Don't plan on returning.
- The live performance was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2010The live performance was excellent! The food was great, too. Will definitely go back when I'm in DC again.Special Features:
- Although I had a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/1/2010Although I had a reservation & there were very few people in the restaurant, the hostess tried to seat us at a tiny table intended for those who were there at the lounge, not the restaurant. Despite there being SEVERAL vacant tables, I was told we couldn't be seated at one of the regular dining tables due to a large group coming. When I asked why the couple ahead of us had been given a regular table, I was told they had a reservation. When I stated I also had a reservation, the server reluctantly seated us at the table closest to the band which was due to start. The band and singer were truly great, we were so close, it was too loud for conversation. I will not go back to this restaurant again. There are too many other quality places.
- This place was okay, but overOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/30/2010This place was okay, but over crowded for the small space. They had live music that night and the band was very good. However,the bar scence kind of took away from those that were there to enjoy a meal. I would suggest getting a nine pm or later reservation after the happy hour is over. Food was good but nothing special.Special Features:
- I went for brunch with a friend.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/18/2010I went for brunch with a friend. I don't think it is well known that they are open for brunch. We had the entire place to ourselves. The young waitress was too new to be helpful. However we enjoyed the food. The shrimp and grits were great according to my dining companion. I had the salmon and grits. The salmon was ok and the grits were good. I will go here again.
- This place was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2010This place was great. The food was good and the service was excellent. I would surely go back. My date and I really enjoyed ourselves.
- First-timer and I really enjoyedTspencDined on 4/16/2010First-timer and I really enjoyed the evening. The music was great, the service was excellent, and the crowd was pleasant. I definitely plan to return for another visit.Special Features:
- This is an amazing place withOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/19/2010This is an amazing place with a blues and jazz scene on the ground floor and a hip hop dance club upstairs, that even includes an outside deck. Wow, I can’t wait to take my date back to this place!Special Features:
- I love it! I celebrated myOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2010I love it! I celebrated my birthday with about 30 friends upstairs club side and everything was FABULOUS!!Special Features:
- It is a great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010It is a great place to dine and the live band was amazing. However, if you're really hungry and want dinner, make sure you order an appetizer first because it takes a while for the food to come out. Ive been on several occasions.Special Features:
- Everything was fine but theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Everything was fine but the tables were to close together for a romantic outing with my woman.It was two other couples sitting with me and my date and we were super close togther.Special Features:
- very plesant experence, toldOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010very plesant experence, told lots of my friends & familly about restaurant. will definately be back real soon.Special Features:
- We chose to go to Indulj toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2010We chose to go to Indulj to celebrate a special event with friends. Unfortunately we had less than adequate service and treatment. The service was overall slow and there was a lot of miscommunication between our party and our server. For example, we asked for a wine list when we sat down and were told that they did not have one. Then when we asked about champange they rattled off a couple of choices. We ended up being served a $200 bottle of champange without being notified. We were shocked and when management became involved we still felt we were treated poorly. I would not recommend this restuarant due to the service and communication with their customers.
- We had a slow start as thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/29/2010We had a slow start as this restaurant is new to OpenTable and mistakenly listed as opening before 6pm for dinner. The staff was attentative and all went well after that. The food is good adn so is the service. A nice place to visit for dinnner.Special Features:
- Weak food, limited menu, poorDCNineVIPDined on 1/23/2010Weak food, limited menu, poor service, horrible wine list (three wines by the glass all were bad grocery story vintage) and we were seated near the door which was loud and drafty. The waitress was inattentive and seldom checked out drinks.