Indulge - Milwaukee
708 N. Milwaukee Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Indulge - Milwaukee
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.getindulge.com/
- Phone: (414) 390-9463
- Hours of Operation:
OPEN Tuesday - Saturday starting at 4:30 PM Closed Sundays and Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We customize off premise tasting events to fit your needs. Contact email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Coming Soon!
- Private Party Contact: Dan Grandaw 4143909463
- Special Events: Have your next private event at INDULGE. We customize your event to fit your needs. Can cater in hot food from our other venues. Contact Marta today at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414.291.3773
A word from Indulge - Milwaukee
Indulge is a sleek and very stylish urban wine room. With more than 300 different wines, 60 available by the glass, Indulge features artisan cheeses, decadent chocolates, hand-made truffles and charcuterie such as prosciutto and pates. Indulge also has an anniversary edition Sirman meat slicer from Italy. It's only the third of its kind to be shipped to the United States. It shaves the prosciutto with outstanding slicing precision.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Indulge - Milwaukee reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Love it every time!Me26Dined on 10/4/2014One of our favorite little spots!! So perfect for a fun date night! Excellent wine, delicious cheeses & divine chocolate truffles!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The wine, cheese and chocolate were delicious ! Great for a date night.. Although we had incredibly SLOW service. The place was not busy, had maybe 4 tables with plenty of staff, not sure why it took SO long to pour a glass of wine and grab a chocolate from the display case. Also, getting check paid out took way to long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 37 reviews are from the Indulge - Milwaukee reviews archive.
- Great wine - with a side of snarkPinotPleaseDined on 7/5/2014The wine list is vast & impressive, the pairings are perfect, & the decor is stylish. This is a great place to go for a date, for wine/dessert after dinner downtown, or even for a quick drink after work. Unfortunately, our service did not match. After realizing we were more interested in wine flights & appetizers - not the $43 half split he was pushing - Sean was no longer interested in talking wine with us. After remarking how much I loved a particular wine in my flight, he literally laughed in my face. Later I learned it was only $12 a glass - the horror! We spent well over what we would have on bottles of wine on flights, cheese plates, and dessert - but certainly didn't stay for the service! Sorry we were not as "refined" as you, Sean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Wine RecommendationsJenniDined on 6/11/2014The menu had a great wine selection and the manager went out of his way to make recommendations. He also provided similar samples before we purchased a bottle. Indulge is more for having appetizers with your wine than enjoying a full meal. The tables were very large (most were 6-8 people) and we were seated at one for 8 even though our party was only 2. It worked out well because it wasn't crowded but another couple joined us towards the end of our meal. Would be great for groups.Special Features:
- Great for a group of friendsloveNewPlacesDined on 6/7/2014I didn't try the food, so I cant comment on that. But the wine selection was pretty good and the chocolate was delicious. Cool atmosphere, but a little loud. I thought it was great for a small group of people to hang out after dinner. And I love the concept of wine, cheese and chocolate...we don't have many other options like that in the Milwaukee area. I would definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Fine Wine BarShoeVIPDined on 6/5/2014Nice place to relax and sip a few glasses of wine with friends. Wide range of choices, with an attentive and helpful wait staff. The modern design touches combined with cream city brick make for a classy yet comfortable setting. Just enough food choices to turn a get-together into a meal if you choose. All around nicely done.Special Features:
- Wine for the novice and connoisseurCrystalDined on 5/2/2014If you love trying new wines and learning a thing or two in the process, this place is a must. Even if you are well versed in the art of wine, you can easily converse with the staff and share in-depth knowledge. In addition, the service was beyond outstanding and to top it off, this place is really well priced. Anyone wanting a great date spot, night out with fellow winos, and those who enjoy a variety of cheese, meats, and chocolates will want to go and keep coming back to Indulge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dessert and wine!ktaylor101Dined on 3/15/2014My husband and I recently spent a wonderful evening at Indulge. The smoked duck breast sandwich was fantastic! The tiramisu was among the best I've had. Our server, Josh, was friendly and knowledgeable about the wines and food. He made great suggestions for us both. Would definitely go back if we're in Milwaukee again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate, wine and BACON! Oh yes!PhilGerbDined on 2/14/2014Love this place a lot! The wine list is extensive, and we had some wonderful white wines to pair with chocolates and strawberries. The owner happened to be there, and he stopped by to make sure we were well taken care of, as did all the wait staff. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute little placeILoveDCFoodDined on 2/6/2014This place was the perfect starting point for a bachelorette party. It was low key, had a decently priced wine list, and had a great ambiance. We turned up the fun later but it was great because all the girls got to talk first and catch-up. The food was definitely "small bites" and I wouldn't recommend this place for a big meal.Special Features:
- 1 Year Anniversary DinnerBadgerDined on 10/12/2013We had heard phenomenal reviews about Indulge from friends and decided to have our 1 year wedding anniversary here. I used open table to set the reservation requesting a special table. The manager, who was also our server that evening, Shawn, called me promptly letting me know he had received the reservation and also asked if he could pick out champagne for us to toast with for this occasion. The only thing that surpassed the wine, cheese, and chocolates was our service. Wish I could take Shawn with me to each restaurant as that’s how all customers should be treated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but a littl pricyNnmjcDined on 10/12/2013We were a party of six, and enjoyed the wine, truffles, fruit & cheese platter, and truffle oil popcorn. Overall, the staff was nice, but didn't do a great job describing each item. The prices were fairly steep, with each chocolate truffle costing $2.50, and they were very small. The wine list was not as comprehensive as we'd hoped, and they were out of the bottle we wanted. However, the one we had instead was quite good. They added a 20% tip to our check automatically. This is a place that is nice for a special occasion, but other wine bars are more reasonably priced for the quality. The the fruit and cheese platter was both lovely an delicious. The popcorn was tasty, but also very salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite New RestaurantwineandcheeseloverVIPDined on 7/20/2013Wine, artisan cheese and meat, and chocolate truffles. It's basically all they serve and it's perfect! By far, my new favorite restaurant. We love Bin36 in Chicago and were so excited to find our own local version. We shared a wine flight, tried a sampler platter of cheese and meat, and then repeated the process before moving on the the truffels. Our waiter was extremely knowledgable on the food and wine selection and helped us plan the perfect meal. I spent most of the evening repeating the phrase "oh my gosh, this is so good." I would highly recommend this for a casual place after work with friends, a romantic night out, or a late night stop - it's frankly perfect for just about any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Downtown DiningSteph34Dined on 6/13/2013The cheese plate was tasty...Sartori with salami. I look forward to trying their other cheese selections. I enjoyed my prosciutto and basil pesto mayo sandwich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I visited IndulgewineanddineDined on 6/10/2013My wife and I visited Indulge during "Downtown Dining" week and absolutely loved it. The food, although I know they don't usually offer, was delectable! The starting course was artisan cheese and charcuterie, which is the restaurants normal(read: non-downtown dining) menu offering. The wine list is spectacular! Anyone who enjoys a glass of wine, no matter if you are a wine aficionado or a casual drinker, will find a great glass of wine on their extensive, but thoughtfully arranged list. Whether you start your evening with a great bottle of wine and some delicious meats and cheeses before heading out for dinner or wind down your evening with a glass of wine and a splendid truffle, the ambiance dares you to leave its warm and relaxing touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at IndulgeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2013Being that it was downtown dining week, the restaurant was completely full and had people waiting at the door. My boyfriend and I had the truffle popcorn and a cheese and charcuterie plate, which were both good. The meat was very tender and practically melted in the mouth. We each had sandwiches, which are typically not on the menu. They were good, but nothing too special. For dessert, I had the cupcake trio, which consisted of a key lime cupcake, a red velvet cupcake, and a chocolate cupcake. They were all amazing! My boyfriend had a blackberry torte, which was the dessert of the day and it was also delicious. The service was pretty bad as they were completely overwhelmed. I feel that they should have been more prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSfromCudahyDined on 6/6/2013It was Downtown Dining week and I wanted to go somewhere special for my birthday. After seeing the DD menu for Indulge, I knew this was the place. After checking with the restaurant, we brought our 5 and 1.5 year olds. They did not have high chairs, so my son sat on our laps. But all staff members were extremely friendly to our kids, and remained polite to my extremely chatty daughter. The restaurant was much smaller than I thought and the hostess apologized that she would have to seat us at the bar. We decided that the bar was the best place to sit- it was quieter and much more intimate. The chocolate and the wine was amazing. The waitresses was very helpful when deciding what to order. It was memorable- the best birthday meal I've had.Special Features:
- Relaxed atmosphereSibsDined on 6/6/2013Very relaxed. A friend and I went for Downtown Dining week - AWESOME $20 menu that included an app, entrée, dessert, AND a glass of wine! I thought it was kind of cool that they only had long tables set for 6 or more, so while we were dining, they sat another couple at the end of our table. So it was kind of an intimate but informal experience I guess I would say. Very fun place to hang out for a bottle of wine and catch up with a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot. Enjoyed stoppingMikeVIPDined on 4/13/2013Great spot. Enjoyed stopping in for a glass of wine and appetizer before dinner. In the heart of a lot of restaurants and night spots.Special Features:
- Romantic Date SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We came here at 9:00 p.m. on a Thursday for dessert, and it was quiet and romantic, with only three other couples in the bar. The truffle and wine flight combination was delicious and fun to share. This is the perfect place to have an quiet, intimate date.Special Features:
- Had the Wisconsin cheese plateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013Had the Wisconsin cheese plate and it was fantastic. Definitely a place to go after dinner though. Lots of different wines to choose from. Enjoyed it, will go back.Special Features:
- Very good wine selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013Very good wine selection. Good small plate selection. Popcorn was great.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2013Indulge offers lovely ambience and is a great place to spend time with friends, as conversation can easily be had. The wine selection is vast and has what I would consider to be a reasonable mark-up (from distributor pricing). Food presentation was aesthetically pleasing and flavors were fresh. The menu has offerings that would delight most palates that are looking to pair with wine. Do I highly recommend it? I sure do!Special Features:
- great cheese selection! NextanntoDined on 11/14/2012great cheese selection! Next time we'll try the chocolates!Special Features:
- Fantastic spot. Staff knowsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/27/2012Fantastic spot. Staff knows their wines and cheeses. My chocolate-loving friends were in heaven. We've been there a few times and always have a great experience. Can't wait to go back again...Special Features:
- Great cheese and an even betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012Great cheese and an even better wine selection! Indulge is a great way to change up a typical Friday or Saturday "dinner and a movie date".Special Features:
- Great for a ladies night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Great for a ladies night out or a romantic date. Wine was great, cheese plate wonderful, and service just perfect. Will definately go back again.Special Features:
- Good food but its not worth itMegGDined on 2/4/2012They need to be able to give everyone at the table if requested individual checks at the end of the night. I was really confused and I asked, all they said to me was no and didn't explain why. Also the staff had an attitude with their customers if they were trying to ask a question. I don't plan on going back there again.Special Features:
- we were happy to IndulgeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/2/2011Great food and service and amazing truffles but would recommend it for appetizers/light fare not as your dinner; Also it's very easy to spend a lot of money without noticing (but worth it!)Special Features:
- Overall great except the musicOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/3/2011Overall great except the music selection, not fitting for the vibe they were trying portray.Special Features:
- Food and wine were great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2011Food and wine were great! The cheeses were a particularly great value for the amount and quality and the wine was outstanding. Ambiance was good except the music was an odd choice (especially for Valentines Day - was that Our Lady Peace I heard?) and too quiet making the whole place a bit quite overall. The interior is beautiful and comfortable. Looks like it would be especially fun in a group. But I still had a fine time and enjoyed my experience. Will be back.Special Features:
- We went out to celebrate aOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2010We went out to celebrate a birthday and it was a great start to the night. The hostess was great and the wine was outstanding.Special Features:
- The atmosphere and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2010The atmosphere and service was exceptional. The hostess was very knowledegable on the wine selections and what goes best with the selected wines. We were there celebrating our 5 year anniversary and it was perfect! While we were there my brother also proposed to his now fiancee so it was a special occasion for all. Definitely recommend this spot to anyone looking for a nice late night stop.Special Features:
- Okay experience. No need toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2010Okay experience. No need to make reservations, only 5 other patrons in the place at 9:30 on Saturday night. The wines were decently indicative of the varietals, nothing outstanding. The staff didn't have a commanding knowledge of the wines or associated verbiage, but were personable. Fun for noobs and those that want to see if they can try every wine currently available. Salute....Special Features:
- I made a Monday evening reservationKeroseneVIPDined on 7/19/2010I made a Monday evening reservation, as I had heard that Indulge could get busy with the after-work crowd, but it turned out that I was the only patron from 6-7:30 pm! They had run out of several of their aged cheddar varieties, so I ended up with a 10-year Wisconsin cheddar that was not quite to my tastes (too soft and not enough bite), but it went well with the cab and red blends I sampled. I'll try to visit again on a weekend evening and see if there's more going on.Special Features:
- I wanted a reservation forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2010I wanted a reservation for 3 but was told by Open Table that nothing was available for a 2-hr. window for that number of guests. When I changed my res. to 2 people, the whole night was open. Only 2 of us went and were disappointed to find that there was lots of open space all night and we could have brought our 3rd guest. I will NOT book through Open Table again. I should have called the restaurant directly.Special Features:
- Indulge is such a great additionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2010Indulge is such a great addition to milwaukee! Its nice to have a classy place to go and enjoy some WONDERFUL wine! The selection is great, the staff are always inviting and informative! Great job!Special Features:
- We LOVED our Valentines DayWestBenderDined on 2/14/2010We LOVED our Valentines Day experience at Indulge. The wines were fantastic & the food delicious. The wait staff was so well-informed on the menu selections and very welcoming. It was our first time there and we'll definitely be returning.Special Features:
- The menu at the restaurantJeep2000Dined on 2/13/2010The menu at the restaurant did not match what we had seen online, and we had driven three hours for this dinner and an overnight stay in Milwaukee, but it could be because it was the night before Valentine's Day. The food and wine was good, and the manager (owner?) was helpful in our selections.Special Features: