430 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://indochinenyc.com/
- Phone: 2125055111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Huy Chi Le
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from Indochine
Indochine is a timeless classic that combines stylish ambience, tropical decor, and exotic French-Vietnamese cuisine that is perfect for intimate dinners and private events alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Indochine reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (62)hot spot (56)neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (35)romantic (33)good for groups (33)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (21)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Glam RockOatcakeDined on 10/22/2014Indochine is a vibrant glamorous place where the food is beautifully prepared and the wine list interesting. This is an experience to be savoured slowly, a little too slowly, our table was thirty minutes delayed but it wasn't a problem when there was people watching to be enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before showTastebudsdelightDined on 10/22/2014They have a pre-performance menu that is fantastic. My wife and I will be back whether we're going to another show or not.Special Features:
- Just love their bouillabaise !montrealchloeDined on 10/18/2014This is one of our best NYC restaurant finds - we've had dinner twice and loved everything we've ordered - appetizers and mains. Their pear ravioli makes for a scrumptious dessert. Service is generally quite good and it's a vibrant scene. Highly recommned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb experiencenerpretheaterdinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014S Dined here prior to seeing a show at public theater. When restaurant called to confirm on Saturday afternoon, hostess asked whether we had theater tickets and what time our curtain was. Food was excellent and service was outstanding, Without being obtrusive the staff was always checking on any needs and was spot on,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyDined on 10/15/2014This was a regular didning spot when we still lived in the city over 20 years ago. Have been hearing some good buzz recently and decided to revisit now thet we are back in the city part time. Loved it!! Went with a small group. Every dish was great, great service and a really fun hip vibe. Fun bar and small seating for drinks. We will definetly be going back.Special Features:
- laura8VIPDined on 10/15/2014Great location if you're going to the Public Theatre--and the food is goodl We enjoy lots of appetizers instead of a meal.Special Features:
- An Institution in downtown NYCRafeNewYorkVIPDined on 10/14/2014I must say that after all these years Indochine never disappoints. Food is always consistent, well flavored and just the right amount of spice. The ambiance is great and I always bump into somebody I know at any given night of the week.Special Features:
- Sure betBruno2ltDined on 10/10/2014I always go to Spice Market when I'm visiting NY, it's a consistent and wonderful experience every time. Try the passion fruit sangria, it is delicious.Special Features:
- Check your billOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014Waitress "accidentally" charged us for several items we did not have..Special Features:
- CLAUSTROPHOBICTall2dane1Dined on 9/23/2014Indochine is one of the last fab restaurants that still exists in Manhattan from back in the day, however, although the food is great, it's impossible to converse with the noise level and seating couldn't be tighter. Absolutely no personal space around you. If you don't mind being bumped by waiters non-stop, this place is for you. Love the palmed wallpaper and lighting.Special Features:
- CarisDined on 9/13/2014Loved the food, good service.xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodNYCdinerDined on 9/13/2014...a vibrant restaurant in a vibrant location and a favorite of localsSpecial Features:
- Still very good after three decadesLODJADined on 9/13/2014Not that many restaurants hold up after 30 years, but Indochine definitely does. Very good in all respects, from food (both the quality and variety), to service (staff even wanted to know if we had a show to make, for timing), to ambiance, etc. The only minor negatives would be that our table was a bit close to another table, so that my chair and that of the diner behind me were too close (although other tables were spaced more generously); and gratuity was automatically added for our group of 6, which we easily could have missed if not vigilant, in which case we'd have effectively double-tipped (so check your bill to see whether the gratuity already has been added). It's right across the street from the Public Theater/Joe's Pub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeMarinaVIPDined on 9/11/2014We had dinner there 3 days ago, the food is great, especially Sea Bass, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noicemariuccia1923Dined on 9/9/2014too noisy (bad insulation) and the music is too loud: impossible to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent!almin1204VIPDined on 9/8/2014I've been going to Indochine for over 20 years and it's always consistent for quality, menu and service. One of my favorites in New York City, no doubt! Also, waitresses are all gorgeous Super Models :-)Special Features:
- New York institutionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014I am amazed that Indochine remains consistent with excellent food, chic, beautiful and exciting people and a happening and invigorating room as it had the day it open. I love itSpecial Features:
- 2nd Review (solo)RaymLDined on 8/22/2014I came back after Restaurant Week to try the $35 pre-theatre menu. The fried spring rolls with dipping sauce and lettuce wraps were tasty and crisp. The salmon entrée had a generous slab of salmon, had very good spring vegetables, and a bonito lemongrass broth which is an acquired taste for me (would of preferred soy sauce and/or chili paste). Forgot to mention from Restaurant Week menu as well, the very filling Vietnamese sticky rice side, a fancier version of typical Chinese restaurant sticky rice. The chocolate truffle cake dessert was rich and not too sweet. I also had a lychee mist non-alcoholic cocktail made with fresh fruit. Service, by an older waitress (the pretty younger ones didn't start their shift yet) was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingDianeDined on 8/17/2014I have been going to Indochine regularly for 25 years. The food, the ambiance and the crowd at Indochine never disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDunkerbeck2VIPDined on 8/16/2014Been coming here from the early 90's. Just love it.Special Features:
- Good foodBKRRDined on 8/15/2014Food was great, drinks were ok, good value for restaurant weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in agesRScottVIPDined on 8/15/2014What a magical meal. I have the privilege of dining in a lot of very nice restaurants, but everything at Indochine came together on this visit to make the perfect combination of tastes. Every bite was savory and special.Special Features:
- Really good Asian inspired foodFrogskinDined on 8/15/2014Recommended. We had the restaurant week menu which was a selection of regular menu items. Each item was very good. Good sized servings are reflected in pricing so you'd probably order to share as many items would suit that approach. A bit like Redfarm but in a more relaxed environment and more formal service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndochineaccessorygirlDined on 8/14/2014We went for an early dinner before going to the Public Theater which is across the street on Lafayette. I had been there regularly in the late 80's & it was always a hot spot & the food was great. The service was courteous & attentive, the food was good. We shared the ribs - which were very good, meat came off the bone easily, flavor was zesty with a kick to it, but they could have been a little warmer. The calamari salad was good, my friend enjoyed it more than me. Spicy Shrimp entree was definately spicey & good. Loved the banana desert & the Indochine martini.Special Features:
- Delicious Dinner for RWalisonoVIPDined on 8/13/2014Even as a group of 4, we were still unable to try everything they offered on their Restaurant Week prix fixe menu. We added on an order of eggrolls because they looked delicious- and they were! We also had the ravioli, spicy beef salad, and kale salad. The first two were great, but the kale salad was huge and not super exciting. For our main course, we had the steak and the catfish, which were both very good. The desserts were not that inventive - lemon tart and sorbet - but good. The drinks were delicious! Our only little complaint is that the waiter seemed annoyed that we didn't leave right after we paid, but since they didn't clear the table we didn't get the hint until we heard him tell the hostess to stop refilling our waters.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week MealcnycVIPDined on 8/13/2014My friend and I had a lovely Restaurant Week meal. We both loved the sticky rice, and the cod. Service and wine were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less then expectedLMPMBISBDined on 8/13/2014The food was good, expected an out of this world experience. The noise level was terrible.Special Features:
- Excellent food, but cold as iceUandRinNYCDined on 8/8/2014Very dark and super-noisy restaurant. Service was ok and the food really good, but if you are European you might better go with some dawn jacket there...Special Features:
- Restaurant Week (solo)RaymLDined on 8/8/2014The food here was very good. I tried the Vietnamese steamed ravioli, the marinated hangar steak entrée, and the sorbet desert. The ravioli was served with a tasty dipping sauce. The steak entrée was served in a way oversized plate, though it was well marinated and the taro shoestring fries tasted like very good taro potato-like chips. The space was charming and tropical, but smaller than I expected. The servers were pretty, prettier than the ones at Indochine, but still not as hot as I was lead to believe by past Zagat list(s). The ambience was far from noisy since I was the only one there at 5:30 PM. I might come back here to try the pre-theatre prix fix dinner menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Service was great and portion of food was served. Got a bit noisy as the night went on.Special Features:
- Still Great After All These YearsRestoQueenDined on 8/5/2014Indochine is still hopping and still crowded. Food was very good as always, and despite the fact that the place was packed and that I was dining alone, the service was friendly and attentive- I think that was the best part of my meal (even though everything else was also great). So often, as a woman dining alone, I feel that I am often overlooked by servers and other restaurant personnel, perhaps because they believe the myth that women are poor tippers. Not so here!Special Features:
- delightfultobyVIPDined on 8/4/2014elegant, special occasion treat. sumptuous decor, delicious food. transports you to another place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good As It Gets ….HCHNYCVIPDined on 8/2/2014All you have to do is make a reservation. Nothing will disappoint from that point. My best, HunterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celeb citing galore.BoomboomboomboomDined on 8/1/2014the food was delicious and the scene was even better. couldn't find a better deal for restaurant week if you tried!Special Features:
- Disaster in every way except style!scmcdVIPDined on 7/29/2014Our table reserved for 9:30pm wasn't ready; we were told it would be ten minutes, but it was more like an hour. When we ordered a bottle of Sancerre white wine, it came room temperature. The waitress took it back; the second bottle was warm, too, as were the glasses that came for water. When the food came, the order was completely mixed up; some never arrived. We gave up and left. Perhaps all this could be blamed on restaurant week; the place was bustling, overfilled with people who just didn't leave.Special Features:
- FavoriteRenatalixVIPDined on 7/29/2014For the past 20 years, Indochine is my go to place. Everything about it is just right. <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT !CARIENYDined on 7/29/2014Food was outstanding from appetizer to entree to dessert. Classy and attentive wait staff. Only negative is extremely loud -- difficult to converse with your dinner partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun2dineDined on 7/25/2014Love it! Professional , food ok surpassed by ambience . Cool placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very fineRejcfjVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food and service are both still very good at Indochine. The staff are both chic and hard-working and could not be more helpful. A very enjoyable and attractive restaurant and we will be back more often.Special Features:
- Too much hype!suthersVIPDined on 7/22/2014Dined here during restaurant week after hearing it was a NY hot spot. The food was average so glad we didn't pay full price but the service is what really lacks in this place, pretty much the only thing our server said to us the whole evening was "are you ready to order", took them forever to top up water and our drinks only arrived just after our food was dropped. The girl at the host stand had an air of "greatness" about her and there were 4 tables of 2 sat before us when we arrived (complete) before all of them. When leaving no acknowledgment of goodbye until I said goodbye to them as they were too busy chatting to themselves.