430 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://indochinenyc.com/
- Phone: 2125055111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Huy Chi Le
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
A word from Indochine
Indochine is a timeless classic that combines stylish ambience, tropical decor, and exotic French-Vietnamese cuisine that is perfect for intimate dinners and private events alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Indochine reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (48)special occasion (46)romantic (42)good for groups (31)late-night find (21)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- 2nd Review (solo)RaymLDined on 8/22/2014I came back after Restaurant Week to try the $35 pre-theatre menu. The fried spring rolls with dipping sauce and lettuce wraps were tasty and crisp. The salmon entrée had a generous slab of salmon, had very good spring vegetables, and a bonito lemongrass broth which is an acquired taste for me (would of preferred soy sauce and/or chili paste). Forgot to mention from Restaurant Week menu as well, the very filling Vietnamese sticky rice side, a fancier version of typical Chinese restaurant sticky rice. The chocolate truffle cake dessert was rich and not too sweet. I also had a lychee mist non-alcoholic cocktail made with fresh fruit. Service, by an older waitress (the pretty younger ones didn't start their shift yet) was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingDianeDined on 8/17/2014I have been going to Indochine regularly for 25 years. The food, the ambiance and the crowd at Indochine never disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDunkerbeck2VIPDined on 8/16/2014Been coming here from the early 90's. Just love it.Special Features:
- Good foodBKRRDined on 8/15/2014Food was great, drinks were ok, good value for restaurant weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in agesRScottVIPDined on 8/15/2014What a magical meal. I have the privilege of dining in a lot of very nice restaurants, but everything at Indochine came together on this visit to make the perfect combination of tastes. Every bite was savory and special.Special Features:
- Really good Asian inspired foodFrogskinDined on 8/15/2014Recommended. We had the restaurant week menu which was a selection of regular menu items. Each item was very good. Good sized servings are reflected in pricing so you'd probably order to share as many items would suit that approach. A bit like Redfarm but in a more relaxed environment and more formal service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IndochineaccessorygirlDined on 8/14/2014We went for an early dinner before going to the Public Theater which is across the street on Lafayette. I had been there regularly in the late 80's & it was always a hot spot & the food was great. The service was courteous & attentive, the food was good. We shared the ribs - which were very good, meat came off the bone easily, flavor was zesty with a kick to it, but they could have been a little warmer. The calamari salad was good, my friend enjoyed it more than me. Spicy Shrimp entree was definately spicey & good. Loved the banana desert & the Indochine martini.Special Features:
- Delicious Dinner for RWalisonoDined on 8/13/2014Even as a group of 4, we were still unable to try everything they offered on their Restaurant Week prix fixe menu. We added on an order of eggrolls because they looked delicious- and they were! We also had the ravioli, spicy beef salad, and kale salad. The first two were great, but the kale salad was huge and not super exciting. For our main course, we had the steak and the catfish, which were both very good. The desserts were not that inventive - lemon tart and sorbet - but good. The drinks were delicious! Our only little complaint is that the waiter seemed annoyed that we didn't leave right after we paid, but since they didn't clear the table we didn't get the hint until we heard him tell the hostess to stop refilling our waters.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week MealcnycVIPDined on 8/13/2014My friend and I had a lovely Restaurant Week meal. We both loved the sticky rice, and the cod. Service and wine were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less then expectedLMPMBISBDined on 8/13/2014The food was good, expected an out of this world experience. The noise level was terrible.Special Features:
- Excellent food, but cold as iceUandRinNYCDined on 8/8/2014Very dark and super-noisy restaurant. Service was ok and the food really good, but if you are European you might better go with some dawn jacket there...Special Features:
- Restaurant Week (solo)RaymLDined on 8/8/2014The food here was very good. I tried the Vietnamese steamed ravioli, the marinated hangar steak entrée, and the sorbet desert. The ravioli was served with a tasty dipping sauce. The steak entrée was served in a way oversized plate, though it was well marinated and the taro shoestring fries tasted like very good taro potato-like chips. The space was charming and tropical, but smaller than I expected. The servers were pretty, prettier than the ones at Indochine, but still not as hot as I was lead to believe by past Zagat list(s). The ambience was far from noisy since I was the only one there at 5:30 PM. I might come back here to try the pre-theatre prix fix dinner menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Service was great and portion of food was served. Got a bit noisy as the night went on.Special Features:
- Still Great After All These YearsRestoQueenDined on 8/5/2014Indochine is still hopping and still crowded. Food was very good as always, and despite the fact that the place was packed and that I was dining alone, the service was friendly and attentive- I think that was the best part of my meal (even though everything else was also great). So often, as a woman dining alone, I feel that I am often overlooked by servers and other restaurant personnel, perhaps because they believe the myth that women are poor tippers. Not so here!Special Features:
- delightfultobyVIPDined on 8/4/2014elegant, special occasion treat. sumptuous decor, delicious food. transports you to another place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good As It Gets ….HCHNYCVIPDined on 8/2/2014All you have to do is make a reservation. Nothing will disappoint from that point. My best, HunterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celeb citing galore.BoomboomboomboomDined on 8/1/2014the food was delicious and the scene was even better. couldn't find a better deal for restaurant week if you tried!Special Features:
- Disaster in every way except style!scmcdVIPDined on 7/29/2014Our table reserved for 9:30pm wasn't ready; we were told it would be ten minutes, but it was more like an hour. When we ordered a bottle of Sancerre white wine, it came room temperature. The waitress took it back; the second bottle was warm, too, as were the glasses that came for water. When the food came, the order was completely mixed up; some never arrived. We gave up and left. Perhaps all this could be blamed on restaurant week; the place was bustling, overfilled with people who just didn't leave.Special Features:
- FavoriteRenatalixVIPDined on 7/29/2014For the past 20 years, Indochine is my go to place. Everything about it is just right. <3Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT !CARIENYDined on 7/29/2014Food was outstanding from appetizer to entree to dessert. Classy and attentive wait staff. Only negative is extremely loud -- difficult to converse with your dinner partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun2dineDined on 7/25/2014Love it! Professional , food ok surpassed by ambience . Cool placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very fineRejcfjVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food and service are both still very good at Indochine. The staff are both chic and hard-working and could not be more helpful. A very enjoyable and attractive restaurant and we will be back more often.Special Features:
- Too much hype!suthersVIPDined on 7/22/2014Dined here during restaurant week after hearing it was a NY hot spot. The food was average so glad we didn't pay full price but the service is what really lacks in this place, pretty much the only thing our server said to us the whole evening was "are you ready to order", took them forever to top up water and our drinks only arrived just after our food was dropped. The girl at the host stand had an air of "greatness" about her and there were 4 tables of 2 sat before us when we arrived (complete) before all of them. When leaving no acknowledgment of goodbye until I said goodbye to them as they were too busy chatting to themselves.
- DisappointedSantoroDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I were looking forward to a wonderful Vietnamese-French fusion meal and found none on the Restaurant Week menu nor was there a real value for that week. Dishes were uninteresting, very small portions with very noisy ambiance and moderately competent staff. Will not visit again.
- Adorablenatasha23Dined on 7/19/2014I had a great experience having dinner here before a show at the Public Theater. Everyone from the host to the bartender to the waitress were very pleasant. The atmosphere there is elegant but not stuffy in the least. They have some good options for vegetarians/vegans.Special Features:
- Exciting menuraukarDined on 7/17/2014Very nice menu, everything looks good (and does as well).Special Features:
- Delicious surpriseGoodFoodMattersDined on 7/15/2014Had the asian ravioli & spring roll appetizers and the salmon for main course. All fresh and perfectly prepared -- very flavorful but not unnecessarily complicated. Went on a whim because it was close to the theater -- will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCorsicaVIPDined on 7/14/2014I had not been to Indochine for a long time and my husband had never been there . The food was very good but we were annoyed by the attitude of the waiters . It was early because we had tickets for the theatre across the street and the restaurant was far from full . We were given a not so good table and the service was mechanical , fast , no smile and a I don't really care about you attitude . We were given the check without asking for it minutes after finishing our dessert . As we were leaving , a lot of younger , high heeled people were arriving . We are over 60 and probably didn't fit the type of clientele they want ... Disappointing . My husband won't go back . Me ? I like the spring rolls.
- IndochineIndochineVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food was fabulous! The service was great. Definitely a favorite whenever I am downtown.Special Features:
- ExcellentfoodieDined on 7/7/2014It was recommended, and well worth it. The food was superb, especially the steamed ravioli, we had not 1 order but 2. OutstandingSpecial Features:
- Maybe best Asian in NY121HenryDined on 7/3/2014Have not eaten at a more eclectic restaurant in NY. Service outstanding, and very attractiveSpecial Features:
- tabler129Dined on 7/1/2014Although the seating was a bit cramped, the food was excellent and the Rose Sangria was superb. Had a great experience!Special Features:
- Great foodsmileDined on 6/27/2014Nice staff, good quality food and specially prepared with excellent taste. Ideal for dinner prior to the Tango show (which is right next door to the Tango House). Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseFoody5Dined on 6/18/2014Outstanding food. Didn't know if I would like Vietnamese food. Pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a TryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014Food was good for adults - not great for fussy kids. Doesn't have anything really that's "typical" chinese/japanese that kids would choose from. Service and waitstaff were excellent and tried to help us find something to please everyone. Would definitely go back - maybe with all adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousfoodiesVIPDined on 6/4/2014I am usually not a fan of fusions, but this truly exceeded my expectations. Fantastic from start to finish! Will definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as everdowntowndocVIPDined on 5/30/2014No longer new and trendy, but great food in a timelessly beautiful spot.Special Features:
- Good food but service not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014I booked a table for 2 last minute for me and a friend visiting NYC. Upon arrival we were greeted by the host in a particularly unfriendly manner. Our waitress was not much better - fairly unfriendly. Food was good but service very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful timegirlfrommarsDined on 5/27/2014We flew in from Sweden for the day and everything from the greeting when we came to the off-we-go-drink was amazing! So happy with the treatment and service we got. The food was exquisite and drinks the best. We will definitely come back again. It felt personal but still we had our privacy. The staff noticed us and took care of us.Special Features:
- Great nightChristineVIPDined on 5/24/2014Great food, nice ambience. Had the spicy beef salad (good, nothing special), and the Chilean Sea Bass (divine!!), with a lychee saketini (also delicious).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.