Indochine Asian Dining Lounge
1924 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Indochine Asian Dining Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://indochinedowntown.com/
- Phone: 2532728200x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11am to 9pm
Friday: 11am to 10pm
Saturday: 12 pm to 10pm
Sundays: 12pm to 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Ly Ngov
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Indochine we have lots of options for your event.
Our largest space is our Banquet Room which seats 55. We also have a private Tatami Room that seats up to 14, and semi-privately, our Pavilion is our most fun table in the restaurant and it seats up to 14 as well.
- Private Party Contact: Russel Brunton 8886418393
A word from Indochine Asian Dining Lounge
Located in the beautiful Downtown Tacoma Art District, Indochine is an exciting and architecturally beautiful restaurant with a wonderful and richly developed cuisine of Thai, Chinese, and Southeast Asian influences.Continued
Indochine delivers a rich and delicious Asian dining experience, it's a must have.
Indochine delivers a rich and delicious Asian dining experience, it's a must have.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Indochine Asian Dining Lounge - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
Indochine Asian Dining Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (40)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (21)hot spot (20)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Top notchfoodloverDined on 8/12/2014From the greeting to the surprise of the beautifully designed dining room, amazing service, and wonderfully palatable food, it was a top notch experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai food, great vegan optionsTeaForTwoDined on 8/3/2014This may be the best thai food I've ever had. Our server was genuinely friendly and cared that we had a great experience. When we told her we were vegan she had great menu suggestions. Even vegan gelato!!! (Made with coconut milk.) The decor and atmosphere are wonderful as well. I wish I lived in tacoma so I could go there more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steamboatgirlDined on 8/2/2014Even though we ordered our food somewhat spicy, there didn't seem to be much hint of spice at all...pretty bland, but still good. Took a long time to get our drinks in the restaurant. Wait staff and bartender were excellent, ambience great w/ perfect lighting and music. It was a fun time overall; 4 of us shared 4 different dishes which made for a great variety.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect TreatYear10plusmoreDined on 8/1/2014Great food, great service, awesome drinks, and. The staff was very kind, sweet and cool.I took my wife , 10 yr Anniv. and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSteakFanDined on 7/29/2014The ambiance inside was amazing with the pond inside! The food was equally excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2014Ate here with my wife and son. We have eaten here before and always love their food and ambience. This time was no exception.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014Great venue to host a group for special events. Thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, food and drink. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumLuvThaiDined on 7/11/2014We have been to Indochine many times. The food and service never disappoint. We brought out of town guests this time and they raved. Thanks for the great experienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Everything was perfect! Table location and food were wonderful. We were seated on time.Special Features:
- DisappointedJudeDined on 6/26/2014Made a reservation for my husband's 50th birthday and noted that on the reservation. Absolutely no acknowledgment and didn't meet my reservation request. My food was cold and not fit to eat. My husband's meal was okay but not great. They do have a good vegan selection on apps which worked for our son's dietary restriction. The ambience is excellent, very beautiful. Our server was not great, slow on drinks and forgot to bring a few things we asked for. Price was reasonable except for my meal which was expensive and awful. I ate three bites and gave up.
- KrizDined on 6/22/2014Great food! Service was spot on. Wait staff worked as a team, our order was ready and some one other than our waiter brought the food "So it wouldn't get cold".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dianne KDMarieKDined on 6/20/2014Thus is the better indoshine of the other one in Tacoma by Point Defience. It's a relative that has the other location but the prices on food is cheaper at the other location too. This one here on Pacific Ave is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicecindyDined on 6/20/2014Loved, loved our dinner. The cocktail, and meal were delicious. The service excellent. And the enviroment lovely. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Food was either a 10 or a 0OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014I got the drunken beef noodles. The noodles tasted super fresh, and the beef was beyond tender. I was so impressed with it until I got to the veggies. Carrots, green beans, and baby corn was all from a frozen batch. You can tell the difference in texture between frozen and thawed veggies, and fresh veggies. The restaurant could save some face by doing fresh veggies (and less of it if they are trying to cut costs) SO not worth it to be throwing frozen in with what could have potentially been the best shrunken beef noodles ever.Special Features:
- amazing food & atmospherestevenDined on 6/15/2014another wonderful experience with Indochine. delicious food, meeting everyone's expectations, delivered promptly fueled spirited conversation and an enjoyable evening. we will be back. well done as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indochine!GeistDined on 6/15/2014I love this restaurant! Easily within my top 5 places to dine in Washington State. The ambiance is wonderful, the food exquisite and delicious, the wait staff attentive and adept. The only problem I had was with the noise level. This stems from all the patrons being loud enough to talk over the other patrons talking over the humdrum. Additionally, the music that was playing (which was barely audible) didn't quite match the style of the restaurant.Special Features:
- LeeperDined on 6/15/2014I went there with my husband and 2 teenagers for dinner on Father's Day. My husband works close by and often eats here and said the food and service at lunch are always very good. He suggested I order the garlic prawns and even he was surprised how the meal came.. More like a soup rather than a stir fry. My children ordered the orange chicken which they were disappointed with. My daughter said she had it before when she was there for a bday party and it was much better then. Our server Brittany was very slow awkward and also disappointing. The gal who cleaned our table looked angry at the world and had trouble smiling. I have no desire to ever eat there againSpecial Features:
- food is average to sub averageloveAsianfood81Dined on 6/15/2014I ordered the calamari for an appetizer and the Mongolian beef as an entre. The calamari was ok but nothing to establish the dish as special. The Mongolian beef was horrible, greasy, fatty, lacking taste. All around I would expect the same food quality at a chain Chinese restaurant, in which I refuse to eat at. They do offer to replace your meal if you're not satisfied, however I find this annoying and a great excuse for not making every dish to standard.
- LunchserenityDined on 6/14/2014The service was prompt and attentive. The food was flavorful and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian FusionChinaDollDined on 6/13/2014Indochine is a great local restaurant with high caliber cuisine. I love to take out-of-towners here to show them a little bite of Tacoma and it never fails to impress. That said, the service is sometimes hit or miss. Sometimes it's excellent, sometimes just so-so. Still, it's absolutely worth it for the food. Delicious!Special Features:
- Not awesome, just different!TheSpiritDined on 6/12/2014The food was that of a regular chinese resturant. Nothing special, I spent $120 thats the only difference; three alcholic drinks the rest on appetizer and main course.Special Features:
- The best ThaiRestaurantSnobDined on 6/6/2014I'm a long time fan of Indochine. Best Pad Thai I've had in the Puget Sound and even in many places in Asia I've travelled. The curries are rich and flavorful, the fresh spring rolls are cool, crisp, and delicious. Save room for the Chocolate Nemesis cake (flourless) and a scoop of the Gelato they make in house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Thai FoodBambam775Dined on 6/4/2014I always get the same thing...fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce and red curry. I think about getting something different but why mess with success?! I've never had a bad experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new2seattleDined on 5/31/2014Beautiful, peaceful setting; great food; warm and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars!SplashDined on 5/30/2014First time....won't be the last! Great experience all around...from the greeting to the departure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great Food!WilbbakaginDined on 5/23/2014We've celebrated several special occasions with friends here and will continue to do so. The menu is varied, the food is very good, staff is friendly and accommodating to all of your needs. Do not hesitate to book a reservation. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Best lunch place in downtown TacomaOlyGirlDined on 5/22/2014Indochine is always s sure bet - for lunch or dinner with friends, it's the best place to go downtown. Wonderful food, great service, intimate atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappycustomerDined on 5/18/2014Friendly staff. Quick seating for our very large party of 16 on graduation night. Excellent food! Great waiter - courteous and attentive. Very kind to bring a dessert to our celebrated graduate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like IndochinewisselDined on 5/17/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere. I made a reservation, arrived a little early and got in right away. Try the crab wontons........everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bomb.com!MeatballDined on 5/11/2014Awesome service. We love the pad thai because the eggs are not burnt unlike some places. Servers remember regular customers like us. You get what you pay for...great portions and who can't forget the drunken bhhuddaaa!Special Features:
- Great place!TtowngirlDined on 5/11/2014Great place to eat, the food is always tasty accompanied by great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyLaaaaurenDined on 5/11/2014There was good food and really good service. I've been here multiple times and love it everytimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014The food and the service was good. They just forgot to sing happy birthday to the person in our party. I sent a note in open table to remind them.Special Features:
- There are better Thai places...JervisBayLoveDined on 5/10/2014We were not impressed. They called us 4 hrs before our reservation to confirm the time and to let us know that we had to be out after 90 minutes because it was a "really busy night" and they had another table booked right behind us. I found this to be incredibly tacky and rude. We did everything we could to take our time while dining.... First we ordered drinks and they were the only good thing we had. They have a good cocktail menu and were able to make a nice mocktail. We then ordered our appetizer (lettuce wraps) and they were OK... Pad Thai Chicken was very generic tasting. Honey Glazed Walnut Prawns were TERRIBLE and way too sweet. The dessert menu left much to be desired, so we went to Pacific grill for dessert. Save your money!
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014We have been to Indochine many times but it has been a while as we moved out of state. We met our parents and my sisters family there. As normal we had excellent service and the food is always excellent. They are always consistent and large quantify of food. We always recommend this place and if your willing to walk across the bridge there is a fun little bar just across from Johnnie's Seafood Bar. They have great martini's and always again excellent service there too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 622 reviews are from the Indochine Asian Dining Lounge reviews archive.
- Best in TacomaFoodLoverDined on 4/19/2014This place has the best food if you love indian and Thai flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Delicious and interesting food choices. Very enjoyable dining experience and very neat ambiance. A bit pricey, but definitely worth a nice date-night or special occasion.Special Features:
- Date NightChezzie1247Dined on 4/18/2014My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time at Indochine. The service was above par, our waitress made us feel so good and she was a gem!! Food was excellent. We would both return and will recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious eveningChinaTowneDined on 4/17/2014Excellent dinner here! Food is delicious, service quick and attentive. The two drawbacks were how cold the restaurant was (three of the four in our party kept their coats on for the entire meal) and having only ONE bathroom (= one toilet) for women and one for men.Special Features:
- What's the hype?afafDined on 4/12/2014The restaurant is gorgeous and in an awesome location - but other than that, I don't get the hype. We thought the food wasn't much better than your typical neighborhood Thai restaurant, the service was slow, and the prices are high.Special Features: