Indochine Asian Dining Lounge
1924 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Indochine Asian Dining Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://indochinedowntown.com/
- Phone: 2532728200x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11am to 9pm
Friday: 11am to 10pm
Saturday: 12 pm to 10pm
Sundays: 12pm to 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Ly Ngov
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Indochine we have lots of options for your event.
Our largest space is our Banquet Room which seats 55. We also have a private Tatami Room that seats up to 14, and semi-privately, our Pavilion is our most fun table in the restaurant and it seats up to 14 as well.
- Private Party Contact: Russel Brunton 8886418393
A word from Indochine Asian Dining Lounge
Located in the beautiful Downtown Tacoma Art District, Indochine is an exciting and architecturally beautiful restaurant with a wonderful and richly developed cuisine of Thai, Chinese, and Southeast Asian influences.Continued
Indochine delivers a rich and delicious Asian dining experience, it's a must have.
Indochine delivers a rich and delicious Asian dining experience, it's a must have.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Indochine Asian Dining Lounge - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
Indochine Asian Dining Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)fit for foodies (42)romantic (40)good for groups (38)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (19)hot spot (17)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Another great evening!GlnivenVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is my go-to in Tacoma and again Indochine did not disappoint! We missed our reservation time and the place was packed w Katy Perry fans among others on a beautiful evening. They got us in anyway. The lettuce wraps were vibrant and spicy crispy. I loved the pot stickers w crews wrappers and almost a sausage type filling. Then we finished w stir fried beef and brown rice. Only regret was no room for mango sticky rice...Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedVeggieMomDined on 9/13/2014Went there for a pre-concert dinner. Had reservation, were seated immediately, ordered drinks and then had a very relaxed, pleasant dinner. Drinks were delicious, portions were very generous and food was delicious! They also had private rooms for special occasions which looked very cool. They were kind enough to call me beforehand and let me know that because of the concert there would be extra traffic in the area and to allow extra time; so nice! Close enough to walk to the Tacoma Dome for our concert (free street parking) and then afterwards we just jumped right back on the freeway and avoided the clogged/congested post concert traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai RestaurantCLBandJPBDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary here. Wonderful service and the food was great too. Beautiful flowers in our drinks and on our dinner as well. Would recommend this to anyone going out for a special occasion. Pricier Thai but worth the $.Special Features:
- Awesome place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014We had such great food. The flour less cake and coconut gelato was to die for! We had several martinis that were also fabulous. Our server was amazing! Couldn't say better things about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carly's 18th Birthday dinner!Raken1Dined on 9/9/2014When asked where my daughter wanted to eat for her 18th Birthday dinner she chose Indochine. Why? Because it's her favorite restaurant. We were seated immediately thanks to making reservations with OpenTable. Our waiter was absolutely fantastic and we felt very special. The entrees we ordered were good sized portions and very delicious. Our waiter made this a five star experience with his tentiveness and always filled water glasses and just his happiness of loving his job!Special Features:
- Over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, but the seating is clumsy. We were seated in bench seats that obscured the view of the restaurant. I was facing a window with direct sunlight, so it was hard to see. Service started good, but went downhill. Our waitress was on 20, so she was unable to give advice on wine selection. She did not offer to have a more experience waiter or waitress help. Next, she brought the wrong drink. Last, she rung the wrong table with my card, posting an additional $100 to my bank account which I hope will be removed. As for the food, it was terrible. We order 3 and 4 star (spice) meals, and neither dish had any flavor or heat. Not once did anyone ask if our meal was OK. I doubt I will return.
- Superb Service and AmbianceWiglettDined on 9/6/2014Indocine is a Tacoma gem. It has the most romantic and esthetically pleasing ambiance you could ever want. Sitting by the Koi pond is bliss. The food is delicious and the service is wonderful.Special Features:
- ExcellentTheGeezDined on 9/2/2014Had customer from out of town. He loved it and the food was great as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tacoma Asian Selectiondaveg43Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great but the service was sub-par. either they just didn't have enough wait staff or they don't train them to pay attention to their customers. It's too bad because the food was great!Special Features:
- one of my faveskoko426Dined on 8/30/2014Always love Indochine. Our server, Beth was awesome and very attentive. Perfect ambiance and I will never stop telling people about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- froglcmVIPDined on 8/29/2014Was really impressed by the atmosphere and our server was fantastic and really helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambianceSushiLoveVIPDined on 8/29/2014Good ambiance. Friendly staff. Kid friendly during lunch.
- Horrible waitressKeorenDined on 8/22/2014Our waitress didn't introduce herself and rush us on our orders. On top of that she didn't even ask how hot I wanted my curry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indochine downtown is a gem!2FoodiesDined on 8/21/2014What's not to love about Indochine downtown? From appetizers to dessert, the four of us raved about our menu choices, shared tastes and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Service was perfect. The wait staff was knowledgeable, helpful and right on time. The quality of ingredients, preparation and presentation were all top notch and the prices are reasonable especially when compared to comparable restaurants in Tacoma. Actually, Indochine rises above any other Tacoma restaurant we've come across. Décor and ambiance make it a special occasion spot for sure. Because we are seniors, we needed to be seated at a table with chairs as opposed to the backless bench style seating at some tables, but our request for that was readily accommodated.Special Features:
- Top notchfoodloverDined on 8/12/2014From the greeting to the surprise of the beautifully designed dining room, amazing service, and wonderfully palatable food, it was a top notch experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai food, great vegan optionsTeaForTwoDined on 8/3/2014This may be the best thai food I've ever had. Our server was genuinely friendly and cared that we had a great experience. When we told her we were vegan she had great menu suggestions. Even vegan gelato!!! (Made with coconut milk.) The decor and atmosphere are wonderful as well. I wish I lived in tacoma so I could go there more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steamboatgirlDined on 8/2/2014Even though we ordered our food somewhat spicy, there didn't seem to be much hint of spice at all...pretty bland, but still good. Took a long time to get our drinks in the restaurant. Wait staff and bartender were excellent, ambience great w/ perfect lighting and music. It was a fun time overall; 4 of us shared 4 different dishes which made for a great variety.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect TreatYear10plusmoreDined on 8/1/2014Great food, great service, awesome drinks, and. The staff was very kind, sweet and cool.I took my wife , 10 yr Anniv. and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSteakFanDined on 7/29/2014The ambiance inside was amazing with the pond inside! The food was equally excellent!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2014Ate here with my wife and son. We have eaten here before and always love their food and ambience. This time was no exception.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014Great venue to host a group for special events. Thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere, food and drink. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumLuvThaiDined on 7/11/2014We have been to Indochine many times. The food and service never disappoint. We brought out of town guests this time and they raved. Thanks for the great experienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014Everything was perfect! Table location and food were wonderful. We were seated on time.Special Features:
- DisappointedJudeDined on 6/26/2014Made a reservation for my husband's 50th birthday and noted that on the reservation. Absolutely no acknowledgment and didn't meet my reservation request. My food was cold and not fit to eat. My husband's meal was okay but not great. They do have a good vegan selection on apps which worked for our son's dietary restriction. The ambience is excellent, very beautiful. Our server was not great, slow on drinks and forgot to bring a few things we asked for. Price was reasonable except for my meal which was expensive and awful. I ate three bites and gave up.
- KrizDined on 6/22/2014Great food! Service was spot on. Wait staff worked as a team, our order was ready and some one other than our waiter brought the food "So it wouldn't get cold".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dianne KDMarieKDined on 6/20/2014Thus is the better indoshine of the other one in Tacoma by Point Defience. It's a relative that has the other location but the prices on food is cheaper at the other location too. This one here on Pacific Ave is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicecindyDined on 6/20/2014Loved, loved our dinner. The cocktail, and meal were delicious. The service excellent. And the enviroment lovely. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Food was either a 10 or a 0OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014I got the drunken beef noodles. The noodles tasted super fresh, and the beef was beyond tender. I was so impressed with it until I got to the veggies. Carrots, green beans, and baby corn was all from a frozen batch. You can tell the difference in texture between frozen and thawed veggies, and fresh veggies. The restaurant could save some face by doing fresh veggies (and less of it if they are trying to cut costs) SO not worth it to be throwing frozen in with what could have potentially been the best shrunken beef noodles ever.Special Features:
- amazing food & atmospherestevenDined on 6/15/2014another wonderful experience with Indochine. delicious food, meeting everyone's expectations, delivered promptly fueled spirited conversation and an enjoyable evening. we will be back. well done as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indochine!GeistDined on 6/15/2014I love this restaurant! Easily within my top 5 places to dine in Washington State. The ambiance is wonderful, the food exquisite and delicious, the wait staff attentive and adept. The only problem I had was with the noise level. This stems from all the patrons being loud enough to talk over the other patrons talking over the humdrum. Additionally, the music that was playing (which was barely audible) didn't quite match the style of the restaurant.Special Features:
- LeeperDined on 6/15/2014I went there with my husband and 2 teenagers for dinner on Father's Day. My husband works close by and often eats here and said the food and service at lunch are always very good. He suggested I order the garlic prawns and even he was surprised how the meal came.. More like a soup rather than a stir fry. My children ordered the orange chicken which they were disappointed with. My daughter said she had it before when she was there for a bday party and it was much better then. Our server Brittany was very slow awkward and also disappointing. The gal who cleaned our table looked angry at the world and had trouble smiling. I have no desire to ever eat there againSpecial Features:
- food is average to sub averageloveAsianfood81Dined on 6/15/2014I ordered the calamari for an appetizer and the Mongolian beef as an entre. The calamari was ok but nothing to establish the dish as special. The Mongolian beef was horrible, greasy, fatty, lacking taste. All around I would expect the same food quality at a chain Chinese restaurant, in which I refuse to eat at. They do offer to replace your meal if you're not satisfied, however I find this annoying and a great excuse for not making every dish to standard.
- LunchserenityDined on 6/14/2014The service was prompt and attentive. The food was flavorful and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Asian FusionChinaDollDined on 6/13/2014Indochine is a great local restaurant with high caliber cuisine. I love to take out-of-towners here to show them a little bite of Tacoma and it never fails to impress. That said, the service is sometimes hit or miss. Sometimes it's excellent, sometimes just so-so. Still, it's absolutely worth it for the food. Delicious!Special Features:
- Not awesome, just different!TheSpiritDined on 6/12/2014The food was that of a regular chinese resturant. Nothing special, I spent $120 thats the only difference; three alcholic drinks the rest on appetizer and main course.Special Features:
- The best ThaiRestaurantSnobDined on 6/6/2014I'm a long time fan of Indochine. Best Pad Thai I've had in the Puget Sound and even in many places in Asia I've travelled. The curries are rich and flavorful, the fresh spring rolls are cool, crisp, and delicious. Save room for the Chocolate Nemesis cake (flourless) and a scoop of the Gelato they make in house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Thai FoodBambam775Dined on 6/4/2014I always get the same thing...fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce and red curry. I think about getting something different but why mess with success?! I've never had a bad experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new2seattleDined on 5/31/2014Beautiful, peaceful setting; great food; warm and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars!SplashDined on 5/30/2014First time....won't be the last! Great experience all around...from the greeting to the departure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great Food!WilbbakaginDined on 5/23/2014We've celebrated several special occasions with friends here and will continue to do so. The menu is varied, the food is very good, staff is friendly and accommodating to all of your needs. Do not hesitate to book a reservation. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 632 reviews are from the Indochine Asian Dining Lounge reviews archive.