Indochine Asian Dining Lounge
1924 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Indochine Asian Dining Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://indochinedowntown.com/
- Phone: (253) 272-8200
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11am to 9pm
Friday: 11am to 10pm
Saturday: 12 pm to 10pm
Sundays: 12pm to 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Ly Ngov
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Indochine we have lots of options for your event.
Our largest space is our Banquet Room which seats 55. We also have a private Tatami Room that seats up to 14, and semi-privately, our Pavilion is our most fun table in the restaurant and it seats up to 14 as well.
- Private Party Contact: Russel Brunton 8886418393
A word from Indochine Asian Dining Lounge
Located in the beautiful Downtown Tacoma Art District, Indochine is an exciting and architecturally beautiful restaurant with a wonderful and richly developed cuisine of Thai, Chinese, and Southeast Asian influences.Continued
Indochine delivers a rich and delicious Asian dining experience, it's a must have.
Indochine delivers a rich and delicious Asian dining experience, it's a must have.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Indochine Asian Dining Lounge - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
Indochine Asian Dining Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (47)romantic (42)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (18)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)notable wine list (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Indochine gets a solid 4.5OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Although the pad tai wasn't a level 5 on the heat index, everything else was. Great appitizers, drinks, atmosphere and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ConceptMahaloDined on 11/15/2014The ambience and attention to the decor was spot on. I was expecting more "Indochine'/Vietnamese dishes. If we go back we will sit in the bar and order the appetizers, which were the best pics off of the menu.
- great ambiencemoonchildDined on 11/12/2014The food is a bit sub-par but what it lacks in quality it makes up for in the decor of the restaurant. The theme and lighting really set the mood to prepare the diners for a culinary adventure. And the fountain adds a lovely touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ambience, serviceVietnamVetsDined on 11/11/2014Great meal. It was the first visit for 4 of our 6 person group, and all really enjoyed it. We were 3 couples, with the gents veterans of fhe Vietnam War vintage. Jerrod was our server, and he did a fantastic jub, including recommending the wine. Attaboy, Jerrod.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very specialOlympiaWADined on 11/2/2014We reserved the round table for 12, had a wonderful dining experience both in food, atmosphere, and the quality of the service. It is indeed a very special place to gather with friends and family.Special Features:
- HomecomingfungroupDined on 11/1/2014I went with a group of 9. The wait staff was friendly, they gave us each our own check (which was really great), the food was good, there were many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014The food was excellent, and the service was good for our party of 7 that had lunch at your establishment on Thursday, Oct. 30. We were seated at a table set for 6, but were told it would be comfortable for 8. It was not. Reservations were made the day prior, and if appropriate seatings were not available, I would rather have been advised in advance, rather than having our party of 7 seated at a table that was set for and comfortable for 6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OlygirlOlyGirlDined on 10/29/2014Indochine is a favorite to connect with friends from Seattle - we meet half way. It's convenient and it always delivers. The food is the best, the atmosphere is excellent and the staff always accommodating. One of our group members is gluten intolerant and Indocine has an extensive gluten free menu. Thanks again for a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Great Food TERRIBLE WAITER!!!HopersDined on 10/25/2014The food was fantastic! However our waiter was terrible! He had started out by saying his name so fast and told us he had so many tables that he may not see us the rest of the night....... He was not kidding! He did not check on us at all! I had to ask the busboy for SOY SAUCE! Why he did not check on us, I am not sure. Don't get me wrong the other Servers looked like they were doing a great job. I wish that we would have had a different server. The restaurant was great the ambiance was great. I will go back but specifically not have the same server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, fabulous serviceTacomalizardDined on 10/23/2014A group of old friends met for lunch. Three of us arrived together and ordered, then another person arrived late and ordered late. All the food came out together. It was delicious as usual-a great variety of flavors with fresh ingredients. The server was conscientious but not obtrusive. Everyone had a wonderful experience. In addition, Indochine supports nonprofits like Tacoma Community House, with generous support!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but...ToBeSureDined on 10/18/2014The food was quite good. The part I have issues with was when the wait person came by to tell us that we had 12 minutes left before we would have to leave for another reservation. I have never been told I had to leave at a certain time after eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most unique Thai Rest.enjoyinggoodfoodDined on 10/17/2014Menue is like no other Thai. Fantastic..... Looking forward to our return. The Unique in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dianne K.DMarieKDined on 10/16/2014We like coming here maybe every couple of months. I wish they served vegetables like green beans or broccoli but it's not on the menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Asian in the Tacoma areaDannisphannyDined on 10/11/2014Always my favorite spot for an Asian fix, plenty of options, beautiful atmosphere, and I've never had bad service. We have been to all indochine locations and downtown tacoma is the best! Plenty of vegetarian and meat options as well as drinks and tasty desserts. Even non tofu fans will love the crispy tofu appitiser and my favorites also include the cashew chicken and the chicken wraps appitiser with mango and chashews. My favorite spot in Tacoma for sure! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless, beginning to end.PnwrunnerDined on 10/11/2014Food was amazing, service was outstanding! Place was packed, but noise level very reasonable for carrying on a conversation. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Taste of AsiaEagerEaterDined on 10/10/2014Ate at Indochine for the first time in a few years recently. I was very glad to see that they are as good as ever. In my book, Indochine is the best restaurant in Washington State for Southeast Asian cuisine combined with casual elegance. I wish we lived closer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always tastyladiesnightoutDined on 10/7/2014I love the beautiful design of the wood and water in this restaurant. And the food was great. We ordered the chicken pad thai, Mongolian beef, and the Honey walnut prawns. All were very good, but the prawns are to die for.Special Features:
- Relaxed and RefinedAverageJoeDined on 10/4/2014We really like the natural wood décor and the fountain/pond at table side. The food is exceptional!! Had lunch there, and it was the perfect atmosphere and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- readyfora4thDined on 9/26/2014Great food and atmosphere. Very intimate and beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!!!CDownsDined on 9/26/2014Love this place - atmosphere, food, price - the whole package!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceWizzDined on 9/21/2014I brought four first-timers to Indochine. All were impressed with the food and ambience. The Lemongrass Chicken was one of the best meals I've had in awhile. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Awesome Meal! Excellent Service!BretLakeTappsDined on 9/20/2014My wife, daughter and I had an awesome dinner at Indochine. The service and curry was great with a big thank you to Brittany and Russell. Also, the elegant lady who checked on us from time to time to make sure everything was going well -- THANK YOU!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!realfood4meDined on 9/19/2014You know you will have a great evening when dining at Indochine. The ambiance is inviting, the service is flawless, the food always meets your expectations. We went to celebrate my daughter's new beginnings in college. My two teenagers loved the food and they now want to take their dad who doesn't know Indochine yet, though he is Thai food fan like us. We had a fun evening! Thank you.Special Features:
- ChefMateVIPDined on 9/18/2014The decor is very unique with cushions provided to sit on the bench seating. We thought the food was exceptional and well prepared. My black sea dish made with a variety of seafood was quite filling. The flavors blended very well in all the food we tried. Our server could have been more attentive but this is a distinctive restaurant with great food. We already recommended this to family who will be visiting Tacoma soon.Special Features:
- Friendly staff and great foodSuheilDined on 9/17/2014Great food, great staff and wonderful ambiance. Will go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- asian fusionaichiDined on 9/14/2014I recently ate at Indochine and found it to have a very pleasant atmosphere and an interesting menu. The service was very good and friendly. I will definitely go back to try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great evening!GlnivenVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is my go-to in Tacoma and again Indochine did not disappoint! We missed our reservation time and the place was packed w Katy Perry fans among others on a beautiful evening. They got us in anyway. The lettuce wraps were vibrant and spicy crispy. I loved the pot stickers w crews wrappers and almost a sausage type filling. Then we finished w stir fried beef and brown rice. Only regret was no room for mango sticky rice...Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedVeggieMomDined on 9/13/2014Went there for a pre-concert dinner. Had reservation, were seated immediately, ordered drinks and then had a very relaxed, pleasant dinner. Drinks were delicious, portions were very generous and food was delicious! They also had private rooms for special occasions which looked very cool. They were kind enough to call me beforehand and let me know that because of the concert there would be extra traffic in the area and to allow extra time; so nice! Close enough to walk to the Tacoma Dome for our concert (free street parking) and then afterwards we just jumped right back on the freeway and avoided the clogged/congested post concert traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai RestaurantCLBandJPBDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated our 15 year wedding anniversary here. Wonderful service and the food was great too. Beautiful flowers in our drinks and on our dinner as well. Would recommend this to anyone going out for a special occasion. Pricier Thai but worth the $.Special Features:
- Awesome place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014We had such great food. The flour less cake and coconut gelato was to die for! We had several martinis that were also fabulous. Our server was amazing! Couldn't say better things about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carly's 18th Birthday dinner!Raken1Dined on 9/9/2014When asked where my daughter wanted to eat for her 18th Birthday dinner she chose Indochine. Why? Because it's her favorite restaurant. We were seated immediately thanks to making reservations with OpenTable. Our waiter was absolutely fantastic and we felt very special. The entrees we ordered were good sized portions and very delicious. Our waiter made this a five star experience with his tentiveness and always filled water glasses and just his happiness of loving his job!Special Features:
- Over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, but the seating is clumsy. We were seated in bench seats that obscured the view of the restaurant. I was facing a window with direct sunlight, so it was hard to see. Service started good, but went downhill. Our waitress was on 20, so she was unable to give advice on wine selection. She did not offer to have a more experience waiter or waitress help. Next, she brought the wrong drink. Last, she rung the wrong table with my card, posting an additional $100 to my bank account which I hope will be removed. As for the food, it was terrible. We order 3 and 4 star (spice) meals, and neither dish had any flavor or heat. Not once did anyone ask if our meal was OK. I doubt I will return.
- Superb Service and AmbianceWiglettDined on 9/6/2014Indocine is a Tacoma gem. It has the most romantic and esthetically pleasing ambiance you could ever want. Sitting by the Koi pond is bliss. The food is delicious and the service is wonderful.Special Features:
- ExcellentTheGeezDined on 9/2/2014Had customer from out of town. He loved it and the food was great as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tacoma Asian Selectiondaveg43Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great but the service was sub-par. either they just didn't have enough wait staff or they don't train them to pay attention to their customers. It's too bad because the food was great!Special Features:
- one of my faveskoko426Dined on 8/30/2014Always love Indochine. Our server, Beth was awesome and very attentive. Perfect ambiance and I will never stop telling people about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- froglcmVIPDined on 8/29/2014Was really impressed by the atmosphere and our server was fantastic and really helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambianceSushiLoveVIPDined on 8/29/2014Good ambiance. Friendly staff. Kid friendly during lunch.
- Horrible waitressKeorenDined on 8/22/2014Our waitress didn't introduce herself and rush us on our orders. On top of that she didn't even ask how hot I wanted my curry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indochine downtown is a gem!2FoodiesDined on 8/21/2014What's not to love about Indochine downtown? From appetizers to dessert, the four of us raved about our menu choices, shared tastes and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Service was perfect. The wait staff was knowledgeable, helpful and right on time. The quality of ingredients, preparation and presentation were all top notch and the prices are reasonable especially when compared to comparable restaurants in Tacoma. Actually, Indochine rises above any other Tacoma restaurant we've come across. Décor and ambiance make it a special occasion spot for sure. Because we are seniors, we needed to be seated at a table with chairs as opposed to the backless bench style seating at some tables, but our request for that was readily accommodated.Special Features: