3512 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indique.com/
- Phone: (202) 244-6600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:45pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:15pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering(off-site) for parties from 75 to 1000
- Private Party Facilities: Lunch only - Parties from 30 to 75
- Private Party Contact: K. N. Vinod 2022446600
A word from Indique
Indique is coined by combining India and the unique. The two-story courtyard is bordered by carved white marble railings. Bold colors and rich fabric lend a refined yet casual ambience to the inviting space. Stark white stylish tableware works as the canvas for the artful creations of the kitchen. Appearances and flavors are given equal attention and both excel. Appetizers, named First Tastes draw on traditional Indian favorites and contemporary innovations like tapas or meze and served on small plates. Tandoor specialties shine here with rare coastal seafood and regional dishes from the south of India. Attentive service complements the sophisticated kitchen. **For parties larger than 4 people, please book through the restaurant website; www.indique.com **Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Indique - Best Restaurants in Cleveland Park ›
Indique reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (48)romantic (26)special occasion (25)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (15)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A Taste and a Feel of IndiaConvivialDined on 11/22/2014Our favorite place to sit is upstairs at the Cleveland Park location (we enjoy the Friendship Heights location, too, though). The food is always excellent and creative. The staff are unfailingly accommodating. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Just wonderful service. Helpful and friendly but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/18/2014My girlfriend is on crutches, and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014Cocktails were served long after the salads had been brought to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going to Indique for 10 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/8/2014Indique is great Indian food and our favorite spot before a movie at the Uptown down the street. Service is great and quick, food is wonderful, and a consistent favorite for the last 10 yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceMastroDined on 10/23/2014For the kind of service they provide, I am surprised that they get people to come in to dine. We saw only two people working hard - the mgr and the guy who was making the Naan. The rest were there because they needed the job. Food took more than an hour to come and not hot. No one came to check to see whether we needed any water etc even after I told the hostess I need water, she just went and told someone and went back to chat with another girl. The restaurant does not need hostess- they need more servers food was very ORDINARY. I would not go back again
- Geat food in a comfortable settingrdturner127Dined on 10/17/2014The food here is exquisitely flavored and comes with little surprises, such as dollops of flavored coconut on the side of the rice that came with the Saag spinach and a side of lentils with my curried lamb, all beautifully plated. The food is quite tasty and flavorful. Plus, the service is friendly and attentive and the atmosphere warm. This is my go-to Indian restaurant.Special Features:
- Great FoodIndianguruDined on 10/11/2014Food, service and ambiance were all great -- we will return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Rasika but still good...NewRunnerDined on 10/9/2014Went to the Cleveland Park location a couple of nights ago. It was a nice dinner for four. The portions were good and the food was tasty. The total was about $125 (incl tip) which seemed a bit much for four people who didn't drink any alcohol and didn't have any leftovers. But Indique is always reliable for tasty, traditional Indian food from a wide variety of regions. Our service was very attentive and positive.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2014The food here is so good and the tamarind margarita is the perfect drink with the foodSpecial Features:
- Delicious Food!NJgalinDCDined on 10/4/2014We waitied a bit long for our wine, but the food came out fairly quickly and it was delicious. Reasonably pricedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Wonderful autentic indian food in a nice restaurant with great service and reasonably priced alcoholic beveragesSpecial Features:
- Just Delightful!!!GabriellaDined on 9/27/2014This is one of our top two restaurants in DC. The food served is delicious, the ingredients fresh & of excellent quality, and the service is professional & warm. There is no heaviness to the food, and we find contemporary Indian dishes deeply rooted in its traditions. The best of the old and the new. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indique risingPraiseIndiaDined on 9/18/2014Indique in Cleveland Park gets better and better. The Indian dishes are standard Indian fare but very good. Appetizers are particularly tasty. Prices for a complete meal (appetizers, entree, naan, extra condiments, desert, wine, and tea are quite reasonable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately, did not deliver!nickDined on 9/14/2014Heard good things and wanted to try. Was disappointed. Food was ok but not anything that stood out , especially w/ pricing. Food came out like warm and somewhat dry as it had been sitting.Special Features:
- fabulous service and foodsd710VIPDined on 9/7/2014This is one of our favorite spots for dinner. We've had almost everything on the menu and it's all delicious. The service is spectacular, too. Everyone always has a smile on their face and is happy to help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and consistent qualitydcglobalfoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant has had a facelift and the food remains consistently of high quality. The menu remains interesting including Appam and Ishtew are impossible to find anywhere else. Highly recommended for a high quality food experience in a very nice understated and classy environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always...ADGIIDined on 8/30/2014...great! Food was perfect and the service was great as well. One of my favorites.Special Features:
- FoodLionessDined on 8/29/2014I recently ate lunch at Indique after twice having dinner there. Although the food was tasty, I think the staff does a better job of cooking for the dinner crowd.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemreallyDined on 8/24/2014This is a neighborhood gem and i have to say i liked it. Service was great even though it took long to start ordering but afterwards our server was awesome. Food was fantastic.....I would go back again.Special Features:
- Great restaurant.BernieDined on 8/23/2014My 1st time there and I'll definitely be back! Great, unique food, good service, steps from metro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MypalFlipFlop2VIPDined on 8/17/2014This is the second time we have had dinner in the last 30 to 40 days. It was the same experience last time, very good food but really poor service. Don't think they are staffed properly. Too long of a wait for too many times.
- Fall in love indian cuisineMachuPicchuDined on 8/16/2014I found Indique in a few review sites and decided to make a reservation for my birthday weekend. We reached the place well ahead on time, were given a cozy little place for two. Brilliant cocktail options. Had to wait a while for the food to be served.Both of us are " Aapam" lovers - its a traditional south indian delicacy that we have along with a stew. We also ordered Kadai Paneer with Pudina Paratha. The kadai panneer was the tastiest and full of flavors. To finish the dinner, my husband had arranged a small surprise for me, requesting the chef to make a special dessert.. et voila! What more could I ask for, when i spot a Mango Cheesecake, with icecream and sauce.Delish! Beautiful ambience. Definitely a come back restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but........4theluvoffoodDined on 8/16/2014The food was great, however, the host suggested that we sit on the balcony. The balcony was tiny and had two, two-person tables. Also, every time a waiter/tress came to see how we there doing, they would slam the door behind them. That was not pleasant. In addition, the restaurant is 100 feet away from Cleveland Park Metro and that was all you could hear. If you eat here, DO NOT sit outside unless you do not mind lots of noise. So let's talk about the food. It was delicious! I got the tandoori lamb and my other half got the tandoori salmon. The salmon was good, but the lamb was AMAZING. The yogurt, mint, pepper mix they marinated the lamb in beat its gaminess into submission. The rice and curried veggies that complemented it were lovely.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceAbbyDelectableDined on 8/13/2014Decided to try out Indique for Restaurant Week! I'm pleased to say it was a Great Choice. The food was very tasty and the portions exceeded my expectations. The blends of unique seasons and spices were amazing. I recommend the Lamb chops. Not a fan of some of the desserts, but that is likely due to my pallet preference. The food, service, and experience overall was tremendously enjoyable.Special Features:
- After Indique Heights expected moreMarylandDesiFoodieDined on 8/12/2014Food was good and they had a different twist to the traditional items but most uncomfortable chairs, small tables, long wait times, nosy interior (bad acoustics), narrow walking spaces and definitely not kid friendly, all these made our experience not so enjoyable.Special Features:
- MARVELOUS!TomandMaryVIPDined on 8/2/2014OUR FAVORITE DC RESTAURANT -- EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS DELICIOUS, GRACIOUS, AND RESTORATIVE. BEST PLACE TO HAVE A TRULY LOVELY EVENING.Special Features:
- the sauce used to be much betterZia205VIPDined on 8/1/2014The chicken tikka masala sauce used to be much more creamy and delicious. Now I don't think it is worth the hike to Cleveland park.
- Personal favorite!YummersVIPDined on 7/31/2014I love this place. The food is always scrumptious. Never overcooked never undercuts very reliable. The combination of flavors always delights the pallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 582 reviews are from the Indique reviews archive.
- Excellent food and serviceNatalyjoaVIPDined on 7/27/2014We always enjoy dining at Indique! The good is great, the wait staff is always nice, and we're never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow servicetj1708VIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was great and really yummy We are big on service and it took them about 30 Minutes to get our first order...that was a lil disappointing. The naan bread and the dip came with our main entree.Would have been nice to get the bread up front and munch on that. We propably wouldnt go back there.Special Features:
- MediocrenkaulDined on 7/21/2014When I asked the server to suggest their most authentic Indian dishes he suggested the taco appetizers. I should have known then I was not going to be impressed. The server was not exceptionally helpful in making food decisions. The food was OK. The lentils were bland and the rice seemed an odd texture--like the grains were broken or something. The portions were small.
- IndiqueMatchboxVIPDined on 7/12/2014Another great dinner at Indique. The lamb shank bhuta is so delicious that I find it impossible not to order every time I dine at Indique. If you enjoy lamb shanks and spicy Indian sauces, this is a perfect dish for you. Service was attentive without intruding. Both of us are already thinking about another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian food arounddms11VIPDined on 7/6/2014The name Indique is combination of India and Unique and it describes the restaurant perfectly. Everything we had was both unique and delicious. In particular, the salmon sliders were an awesome appetizer. I had heard that the Lamb Niligri Korma on the Curry menu was a favorite, and it did not disappoint. I might just order that again next time I am there. Service staff was extremely friendly and welcoming as well. I consider this to be a great find in Cleveland Park. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uppam and StewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014This is a really great Indian food joint in the DC area. It is a bit under rated compared to some of the so called "well Known" ones. This is one of the few places, where the food is as close to authentic Indian food that you can get in the DC area. They do have some cocktails here which have a distinct Indian flavor to it. Well worth trying out. The biggest attraction here is the Uppam and Stew. I have not come across any other restaurant, which offers this dish. It is made really well, and definitely worth a visit just for the Uppam and Stew. Highly recommend this place!!Special Features:
- Unusual Indian foodFoodlover61VIPDined on 6/28/2014We made a reservation at 9:30 pm and had a very relaxed meal of varied kinds of foods served by a very friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodRhi21Dined on 6/24/2014This was my second time dining here (it's been years), I came back due to a Groupon that I had to use. I dined with my husband, it was his first time here. We both enjoyed the food and service. We had samoas (which were delicious), lamb vindaloo and chicken tikka. The portion sizes were good and the food was tasty. We enjoyed our meal and would definitely come back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellent restaurantjoesDined on 6/18/2014This is a consistently outstanding restaurant. Excellent food, great service, quiet, reasonable prices. One of the best places in DC! Thank you!Special Features:
- An all around very nice restaurantluv0ethnicDined on 6/16/2014The food was excellent as was the service. I ordered the Acharo Chicken taco as an appetizer and the Chicken Tikka Makhani for the main dish--both delicious. I also enjoyed the Sula Chenin Blanc. I didn't know what to expect from an Indian wine, and I was pleasantly surprised. I also like that fact that it was just outside the Cleveland Park metro stop (west side).Special Features:
- well worth the return tripannfromdcDined on 6/12/2014I had not eaten at Indique in many years, though I had eaten at its younger sibling, Indique Heights. I found the menu at Indique more interesting, with several dishes (including appams) that I had not seen in Indian restaurants for a long time. The food was excellent, with the exception of one order of underdone rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.