3512 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indique.com/
- Phone: (202) 244-6600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:45pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:15pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering(off-site) for parties from 75 to 1000
- Private Party Facilities: Lunch only - Parties from 30 to 75
- Private Party Contact: K. N. Vinod 2022446600
A word from Indique
Indique is coined by combining India and the unique. The two-story courtyard is bordered by carved white marble railings. Bold colors and rich fabric lend a refined yet casual ambience to the inviting space. Stark white stylish tableware works as the canvas for the artful creations of the kitchen. Appearances and flavors are given equal attention and both excel. Appetizers, named First Tastes draw on traditional Indian favorites and contemporary innovations like tapas or meze and served on small plates. Tandoor specialties shine here with rare coastal seafood and regional dishes from the south of India. Attentive service complements the sophisticated kitchen. **For parties larger than 4 people, please book through the restaurant website; www.indique.com **Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Indique - Best Restaurants in Cleveland Park ›
Indique reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (26)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (15)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- We had reservations for RestaurantMaiorana68VIPDined on 8/11/2008We had reservations for Restaurant Week and were fortunate to get a table on the balcony, which was very nice. The food was very good. The mini-crab cake appetizer was excellent, just enough spice, same for the shrimp curry, but the real standout was the lamb, which was excellent. Service was excellent too.Special Features:
- Food is always good and interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/28/2008Food is always good and interesting. if you can sit out on the little balcony it is fun to overlook the street rather than being down on the sidewalk. The pretheater menu was quite the bargain.Special Features:
- There are two tables on theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2008There are two tables on the balcony - try to get one of those if available.Special Features:
- You simply cannot beat theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2008You simply cannot beat the ambiance at Indique. The experience is akin to hopping a flight back to Mughal era India, complete with marble terraces, Indian-style converted chandeliers, and not to mention the bright accent walls with beautiful artwork. I've never had ambiance contribute so greatly to a meal before! The food is good too--don't miss the refreshing papri chaat and the to-die-for paneer shishlik. Kebab was just OK, but the daal soup and rice were superb. Try a paneer or chicken tandoor dish! Also, save room for authentic kheer with almonds and pistachios and don't pass up the chance to sip a fantastic masala chai.Special Features:
- Haven't been to WisconsinbemusedprofDined on 7/19/2008Haven't been to Wisconsin Circle yet but the Cleveland Park version keeps getting better. We had a truly memorable meal. My dining partner, who lives with a chef, declared the calamari appetizer the best she ever had in her life. We both thought the bisque was outstanding and filled with flavorful surprises. I had the lamb shank, which was at least twice as good as any I have ever had in Washington DC, not that I have been tracking down the great lamb shank. Overall, a great experience. I am sure that I will soon be returning with my spouse.Special Features:
- Had a table outside on theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2008Had a table outside on the balcony. Lot of fun watching passersby below us.
- I was looking forward to diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2008I was looking forward to dining at Indique as I live in the neighborhood and recently moved from New York City. I enjoy Indian food but the experience I had at Indique fell short of even satisfactory. After being served the wrong dish, 15 minutes after my date had received his meal, I was told that the dish I actually ordered would take a "long time" to prepare. My date's food was already cold and I ended up ordering something the kitchen prepares in advance, which I did not want, and which was unappealing to me and ruined the dinner. It was served on a messy plate, missing ingredients and spilling over onto the table. I will never dine at Indique again.
- Although there are a few areaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2008Although there are a few area Indian restaurants with better food, Indique also brings attentive service and a beautiful dining room. The food is quite good, with a more careful eye for presentation than most Indian places I've tried. Some of the spice combinations are quite strong - the ginger in my fish dish overwhelmed all of the other flavors. The samosa was excellent. I'd definitely eat here again, and maybe take advantage of their pre-theater menu, which seems to be a good deal.Special Features:
- I've eaten here many timesDeborahJayKayDined on 7/2/2008I've eaten here many times and this time the service was terrible - our order was taken and they then vanished - we had to hunt somone down to clear our main course plates away about 15 minutes after we finished eating and they had swapped around peoople so the new person didn't realize we had already ordered desert as part of the pre-theatre menu. Had to hunt them down for the check too - very glad we didn't have a theater event to get to because we would have been very late.
- Food is consistently veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2008Food is consistently very good--really enjoyable ambience!
- We've been going to IndiqueOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/23/2008We've been going to Indique for years and find it has slipped a bit from its exciting first years but is still a great place to go and also to take visitors. This evening the spices were extra hot, which pleased all of us mightily. And the bar, where we sat, was quiet - probably the lack of crowd was due to the early hour, the threat of a rainstorm and the fact that it was a Monday - but, whatever the reason, that was a nice quality.Special Features:
- While the food has remainedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2008While the food has remained quite good at the original Indique, the quality of service has declined sharply. There was a time when the tenured staff demonstrated experience. Now each visit brings a new group of disorganized rookies and an overall lack of polish. Last week I arrived on time for a late evening reservation. The dining room was still half full. Upon being seating, I was not greeted, but rather instructed to "order quickly" because the kitchen was closing (Then why do you offer reservations...?). Our server hawked over each uncomfortable bite, never offering a second drink or dessert. The bill arrived before the table was cleared, as a man with a broom swept between occupied tables. Indique has failed Restaurant Management 101.
- this is our second visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2008this is our second visit, and the service was horrible. It took over 2 hours for our dinner (start to finish) and the staff was not friendly. Maybe it was because we ate outside, but definitely I am not planning to return
- I went to Indique last yearOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2008I went to Indique last year and thought the food was great! Unfortuneatley, a year later the quality of the food and the service have gone down hill. I would pick another Indian resturant next time.Special Features:
- We have brought friends withKateInDCVIPDined on 6/14/2008We have brought friends with us often to Indique and love the food and the ambiance. This time the experience was almost ruined due to a large party at the next table. The noise level in the dining room was so high that my ears hurt and I couldn't enjoy a conversation with my companions. Once the the group left (thankfully, before we did) and the room thinned out a bit, we were able to relax, talk over our meal and enjoy the evening.Special Features:
- It was the best vegetableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/13/2008It was the best vegetable samosa I have ever had in my life!!!!!Special Features:
- Table was not especially clean. SeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2008Table was not especially clean. Service was incredibly slow. Food was only slightly above normal. Quite a disappointment.
- Realy enjoyed the food! MyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/9/2008Realy enjoyed the food! My daughter and friend loved the fish curry and I loved the veal specialty platter. Vegetables were great. Mussels appetiser was delicious!!Special Features:
- The dining area is not fitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2008The dining area is not fit for for small children. The noise carries tremendously and interferes with the rights of other diners. In my opinion, they should not be allowed. Otherwise, it was a good experience, and I would go back again.Special Features:
- The staff did not seem knowledgeablMarieDined on 6/6/2008The staff did not seem knowledgeable about the food. The restaurant at Friendship Heights is MUCH better!
- Fantastic food, but a relativelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2008Fantastic food, but a relatively loud dining room. Definitely one of the stars of the neighborhood. However, it is outdone by it's kid sister Indique HeightsSpecial Features:
- Food, as always, was delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/28/2008Food, as always, was delicious. Our only problem was that the servers were distraacted by a large party right behind us - one of the servers stopped in the middle of taking our order to attend to them.
- Lovely atmosphere, caringOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/28/2008Lovely atmosphere, caring wait-staff, initeresting food. I am not a great fan of Indian food because I am not familiar enough with it. I like to go with friends who know more about the food than I do (which I did this time) and learn what I might like. This is a great place for such learning. What I had was delicious.Special Features:
- Indique was very nice. I'mOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2008Indique was very nice. I'm very cheap, but was okay with paying about $70 for dinner for two. Indique has great food and a nice view overlooking the balcony from the second floor. Outdoor balcony is ideal for a romantic dinner, but there are only a few tables outside on the second level. Two Thumbs up!!!Special Features:
- The lamb vindaloo was deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/26/2008The lamb vindaloo was delicious (and spicy!). However, the mango lassi is overpriced.Special Features:
- the food was not as flavorfulMjsDcVIPDined on 5/26/2008the food was not as flavorful as at some of my other favorites like RasikaSpecial Features:
- Love Indique - always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2008Love Indique - always enjoy the food. This time, though, the service was a bit slow and inattentive. We were seated outside and sometimes felt as though we were an after thought. We had to ask several times to get our order of naan - finally came towards the end of the meal. We had 2 or 3 different people tending to our table, but they didn't seem to be communicating with one another and we couldn't tell who our lead server was. But as always, the food was great.Special Features:
- Never disappointed, oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/22/2008Never disappointed, often impressed, always pleased with my experience at Indique.Special Features:
- The food at Indique is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/21/2008The food at Indique is always excellent and the people at the front desk very hospitable. Every time I've been has been a delightful evening.Special Features:
- All four of us in our family,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2008All four of us in our family, ranging in age from 27 - 72, agree that this is a restaurant we want to enjoy again and again! We don't eat out too often, but this will be on our list for sure.Special Features:
- The food was good, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2008The food was good, especially the appetizers. My tandoori lamb chops were gristly and not very crisp. The service was poor; the (Chinese) waiter seemed distracted and came to our table only when called. He wasn't overly busy; he seemed to wait at the end of the room, doing little. Even our food was brought by someone else.Special Features:
- We have been regulars sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/4/2008We have been regulars since it opened, and consider it to be the best Indian restaurant in the city.Special Features:
- Excellent Indian cuisine withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2008Excellent Indian cuisine with a good service. We would definitely want to go to Indique again.Special Features:
- We eat here many times. ThisNB41VIPDined on 5/2/2008We eat here many times. This time, food a little too salty, otherwise excellent.Special Features:
- Overall, this is a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/30/2008Overall, this is a great restaurant and their food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Service was slow at the end.OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/28/2008Service was slow at the end. It took about 40 minutes for the guy to give us the check and another 25 minutes for him to come back and get the payment.
- service was slow and nonresponsive.DogfishDudeDined on 4/26/2008service was slow and nonresponsive. seemed understaffed. Disappointed.
- Food very good. Loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2008Food very good. Loved the Tamarind Margarita. Ate at one of the little tables on an outdoor balcony.Special Features:
- Indique not only has a fantasticEtapeachDined on 4/15/2008Indique not only has a fantastic atmosphere and inviting wine selection, for it also has an oustanding menu. Taste if of course key when eating out and Indique is completely satisfying and delicious. Most Indian food restuarants in DC pale in comparison to the fusion of tastes this restaurant maintains. The Restaurant also has a quaint balcony fit for a private dinner of two and it overlooks Cleveland Park. The staff is polite and they allow you to enjoy your meal without pestering you or rushing your experience. Overall Indique is agreat find!Special Features:
- As always, the food at IndiqueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008As always, the food at Indique was delicious. The breads are always my favorite thing-fabulous naans, kulchas, etc...One problem; the restaurant has gotten very rundown looking. The bathroom was dirty and had towels thrown everywhere. The carpet looked unkempt. One toilet for such a large restaurant is simply NOT enough.Special Features: