3512 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indique.com/
- Phone: 2022446600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:45pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:15pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering(off-site) for parties from 75 to 1000
- Private Party Facilities: Lunch only - Parties from 30 to 75
- Private Party Contact: K. N. Vinod 2022446600
A word from Indique
Indique is coined by combining India and the unique. The two-story courtyard is bordered by carved white marble railings. Bold colors and rich fabric lend a refined yet casual ambience to the inviting space. Stark white stylish tableware works as the canvas for the artful creations of the kitchen. Appearances and flavors are given equal attention and both excel. Appetizers, named First Tastes draw on traditional Indian favorites and contemporary innovations like tapas or meze and served on small plates. Tandoor specialties shine here with rare coastal seafood and regional dishes from the south of India. Attentive service complements the sophisticated kitchen. **For parties larger than 4 people, please book through the restaurant website; www.indique.com **Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Indique - Best Restaurants in Cleveland Park ›
Indique reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (40)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (22)good for groups (16)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- fabulous service and foodsd710VIPDined on 9/7/2014This is one of our favorite spots for dinner. We've had almost everything on the menu and it's all delicious. The service is spectacular, too. Everyone always has a smile on their face and is happy to help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and consistent qualitydcglobalfoodieDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant has had a facelift and the food remains consistently of high quality. The menu remains interesting including Appam and Ishtew are impossible to find anywhere else. Highly recommended for a high quality food experience in a very nice understated and classy environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always...ADGIIDined on 8/30/2014...great! Food was perfect and the service was great as well. One of my favorites.Special Features:
- FoodLionessDined on 8/29/2014I recently ate lunch at Indique after twice having dinner there. Although the food was tasty, I think the staff does a better job of cooking for the dinner crowd.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemreallyDined on 8/24/2014This is a neighborhood gem and i have to say i liked it. Service was great even though it took long to start ordering but afterwards our server was awesome. Food was fantastic.....I would go back again.Special Features:
- Great restaurant.BernieDined on 8/23/2014My 1st time there and I'll definitely be back! Great, unique food, good service, steps from metro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MypalFlipFlop2Dined on 8/17/2014This is the second time we have had dinner in the last 30 to 40 days. It was the same experience last time, very good food but really poor service. Don't think they are staffed properly. Too long of a wait for too many times.
- Fall in love indian cuisineMachuPicchuDined on 8/16/2014I found Indique in a few review sites and decided to make a reservation for my birthday weekend. We reached the place well ahead on time, were given a cozy little place for two. Brilliant cocktail options. Had to wait a while for the food to be served.Both of us are " Aapam" lovers - its a traditional south indian delicacy that we have along with a stew. We also ordered Kadai Paneer with Pudina Paratha. The kadai panneer was the tastiest and full of flavors. To finish the dinner, my husband had arranged a small surprise for me, requesting the chef to make a special dessert.. et voila! What more could I ask for, when i spot a Mango Cheesecake, with icecream and sauce.Delish! Beautiful ambience. Definitely a come back restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but........4theluvoffoodDined on 8/16/2014The food was great, however, the host suggested that we sit on the balcony. The balcony was tiny and had two, two-person tables. Also, every time a waiter/tress came to see how we there doing, they would slam the door behind them. That was not pleasant. In addition, the restaurant is 100 feet away from Cleveland Park Metro and that was all you could hear. If you eat here, DO NOT sit outside unless you do not mind lots of noise. So let's talk about the food. It was delicious! I got the tandoori lamb and my other half got the tandoori salmon. The salmon was good, but the lamb was AMAZING. The yogurt, mint, pepper mix they marinated the lamb in beat its gaminess into submission. The rice and curried veggies that complemented it were lovely.Special Features:
- Great ChoiceAbbyDelectableDined on 8/13/2014Decided to try out Indique for Restaurant Week! I'm pleased to say it was a Great Choice. The food was very tasty and the portions exceeded my expectations. The blends of unique seasons and spices were amazing. I recommend the Lamb chops. Not a fan of some of the desserts, but that is likely due to my pallet preference. The food, service, and experience overall was tremendously enjoyable.Special Features:
- After Indique Heights expected moreMarylandDesiFoodieDined on 8/12/2014Food was good and they had a different twist to the traditional items but most uncomfortable chairs, small tables, long wait times, nosy interior (bad acoustics), narrow walking spaces and definitely not kid friendly, all these made our experience not so enjoyable.Special Features:
- MARVELOUS!TomandMaryVIPDined on 8/2/2014OUR FAVORITE DC RESTAURANT -- EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS DELICIOUS, GRACIOUS, AND RESTORATIVE. BEST PLACE TO HAVE A TRULY LOVELY EVENING.Special Features:
- the sauce used to be much betterZia205VIPDined on 8/1/2014The chicken tikka masala sauce used to be much more creamy and delicious. Now I don't think it is worth the hike to Cleveland park.
- Personal favorite!YummersVIPDined on 7/31/2014I love this place. The food is always scrumptious. Never overcooked never undercuts very reliable. The combination of flavors always delights the pallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceNatalyjoaVIPDined on 7/27/2014We always enjoy dining at Indique! The good is great, the wait staff is always nice, and we're never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow servicetj1708VIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was great and really yummy We are big on service and it took them about 30 Minutes to get our first order...that was a lil disappointing. The naan bread and the dip came with our main entree.Would have been nice to get the bread up front and munch on that. We propably wouldnt go back there.Special Features:
- MediocrenkaulDined on 7/21/2014When I asked the server to suggest their most authentic Indian dishes he suggested the taco appetizers. I should have known then I was not going to be impressed. The server was not exceptionally helpful in making food decisions. The food was OK. The lentils were bland and the rice seemed an odd texture--like the grains were broken or something. The portions were small.
- IndiqueMatchboxVIPDined on 7/12/2014Another great dinner at Indique. The lamb shank bhuta is so delicious that I find it impossible not to order every time I dine at Indique. If you enjoy lamb shanks and spicy Indian sauces, this is a perfect dish for you. Service was attentive without intruding. Both of us are already thinking about another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian food arounddms11VIPDined on 7/6/2014The name Indique is combination of India and Unique and it describes the restaurant perfectly. Everything we had was both unique and delicious. In particular, the salmon sliders were an awesome appetizer. I had heard that the Lamb Niligri Korma on the Curry menu was a favorite, and it did not disappoint. I might just order that again next time I am there. Service staff was extremely friendly and welcoming as well. I consider this to be a great find in Cleveland Park. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uppam and StewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014This is a really great Indian food joint in the DC area. It is a bit under rated compared to some of the so called "well Known" ones. This is one of the few places, where the food is as close to authentic Indian food that you can get in the DC area. They do have some cocktails here which have a distinct Indian flavor to it. Well worth trying out. The biggest attraction here is the Uppam and Stew. I have not come across any other restaurant, which offers this dish. It is made really well, and definitely worth a visit just for the Uppam and Stew. Highly recommend this place!!Special Features:
- Unusual Indian foodFoodlover61VIPDined on 6/28/2014We made a reservation at 9:30 pm and had a very relaxed meal of varied kinds of foods served by a very friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodRhi21Dined on 6/24/2014This was my second time dining here (it's been years), I came back due to a Groupon that I had to use. I dined with my husband, it was his first time here. We both enjoyed the food and service. We had samoas (which were delicious), lamb vindaloo and chicken tikka. The portion sizes were good and the food was tasty. We enjoyed our meal and would definitely come back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellent restaurantjoesDined on 6/18/2014This is a consistently outstanding restaurant. Excellent food, great service, quiet, reasonable prices. One of the best places in DC! Thank you!Special Features:
- An all around very nice restaurantluv0ethnicDined on 6/16/2014The food was excellent as was the service. I ordered the Acharo Chicken taco as an appetizer and the Chicken Tikka Makhani for the main dish--both delicious. I also enjoyed the Sula Chenin Blanc. I didn't know what to expect from an Indian wine, and I was pleasantly surprised. I also like that fact that it was just outside the Cleveland Park metro stop (west side).Special Features:
- well worth the return tripannfromdcDined on 6/12/2014I had not eaten at Indique in many years, though I had eaten at its younger sibling, Indique Heights. I found the menu at Indique more interesting, with several dishes (including appams) that I had not seen in Indian restaurants for a long time. The food was excellent, with the exception of one order of underdone rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian foodSpiceGirlDined on 5/31/2014We have now been to Indique twice, once with a larger group(birthday party), and once after a downtown matinee. We have had chicken, lamb and shrimp dishes, all of which were superb. We shared --it's just too hard not to sample a little bit of everything. The garlic Naan was so good that we ordered extra. Since we were there early in the evening it is difficult to gauge the noise level, but when we were there for the party the place was full and we could still hear each other talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2014This is the best Indian food I've had in DC. To top it off, great service and lovely presentation. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The following 568 reviews are from the Indique reviews archive.
- Love the food at Indiquemln221Dined on 5/17/2014My husband and I are fans of Indique, but haven't been in a couple of years. We had a rare date night and decided to get back to Indique. I like that their menu has a good variety to please different palates. I tend to stick to more familiar Indian dishes, while my husband likes to branch out and try new things. We were both very happy with our meals and I forgot how yummy their mussels appetizer is! Their cocktails are very good and quite generous. The service is a bit aloof, but the food far outweighs that. Hopefully it won't be so long until our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/14/2014Great greeting upon arrival. I included in my Open Table reservation and when I arrived to my server that we were celebrating my friend's birthday. But nothing special was said or done. Indique has a great, varied menu. I had stuffed pepper and tomato, my friend had chicken. Both very good. The service could have been a bit more attentive and enthusiastic. I'll go back here.Special Features:
- What happened?MichaelVIPDined on 5/12/2014My friend and I have dined at Indique three or four times in the past and have been very happy with the ambiance and quality of the food. While my friend's meal was fine (vegetarian) this time, my soup was bland as was my curry chicken. Neither was very hot (actual temperature and spicing). The restaurant was very quiet with only a few people at the tables. One gets the impression that either the food was prepared in a slapdash manner and/or left under a heat lamp and cooled. The service on the porch was inattentive and very spotty. The restaurant needs to be more attentive to all aspects of its operation.
- Worth it!FoodieDined on 5/10/2014I had heard great reviews about this place but have never been, so when Mother's day was coming up I decided to surprise my mom and reserve a table. It was definitely worth it because not only was the food delicious, but it was a lot of fun. I gave a 4 for ambience because at times it did get a little bit loud and our table was directly next to the window and this bright street light was interfering with our vision. We asked a waiter to see if he could do something about it, but I guess they couldn't. Other than that, it was a great experience and would definitely love to come againSpecial Features:
- A lovely evening1DCKateDined on 5/8/2014My husband and I enjoyed a lovely spring evening on Indique's outdoor balcony. We dined on an assortment of delicious small plates. The salmon cake and chicken taco are wonderfully flavorful. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Thumbs up!KatyDined on 5/6/2014Went here on a Tuesday night, sat upstairs on the tiny outside balcony (which was wonderful, there was a guy playing jazz outside the metro station so if I closed my eyes, it felt like I was in New Orleans). Food was great, drinks were great, only complaint was how MIA the waiter was, but I assume it was because we were on the balcony, so it was probably easy to forget about us. Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- Pleasant, but with a caveatYorksterDined on 5/2/2014This was my 1st visit, for lunch. Outdoor seating has wonderful Wisconsin Ave. vista. Decor & ambience inside were very nice, & noise abated after noon crowd thinned. Service, though, was uneven. Two requests to the hostess for a menu went ignored, until I got the attention of what appeared to be a manager or senior waiter. Only then did my companion and I finally get menus and decent service. Menu was varied & looked very interesting, but for a lunch, individual items seemed pricey, which drove us to the buffet. Items there were varied, but there seemed to be only 1 chicken & 1 fish item, & only 1 dessert selection. What we had was fine, but it was buffet food. Parking garage available below building; Mazza Gallerie and other shops nearby.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood place2urbanfoodiesDined on 4/28/2014We had a great experience. We got a groupon that covered all of the meal and it was a great way to explore the diverse menu for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant & a good location!MakJDined on 4/27/2014I always liked Indique due to its ambiance and good food! also it is conveniently located near Cleveland Park Metro stTion !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Indian? You'll love Indique!pragmaticgourmetVIPDined on 4/21/2014We'd be regulars if we worked or lived closer. We started with the mussels--because we love mussels and have had them at many fine restaurants in DC but never cooked a la Indique: Prince Edward Island mussels stewed in their own juices with garlic, shallots, tomato, coconut milk, and curry leaves. We ordered naan to soak up every drop of the broth. Along with the mussels, we had the Mini Dosa, a chicken-stuffed crepe served with assorted chutneys ranging from sweet to spicy hot. For entrees, I had the lamb chops, which were coated in the most amazing concoction of spices--just the right amount of heat to let the various flavor notes glow. The Tandoori salmon was nearly as tasty. We'll get a group together and go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!IluvfoodDined on 4/12/2014Indique is a fantastic restaurant that offers both great food and a nice ambiance. It is located right next to the metro however there's not a lot of noise or people loitering around it. The food is fantastic and the wait staff is very friendly and nice. They do have a very tiny outdoor patio however only about two tables can fit on it and you have to take a big step up and basically go out through a window. I know people love eating outdoors in the summer; this is not necessarily the place for it. Overall the restaurant definitely earned their 5 stars; if you love Indian food you will love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I have been going to Indique since it opened. The service is consistently gracious and prompt. While I describe the service as prompt, it is not a rushed dining experience. Unlike most restaurants in DC, you don't get rushed through your meal at Indique. I met friends I had not seen in a year or more. We had a leisurely dinner, lasting around 3 hours. The wine selection is perfect for Indian food. We ordered the Clin Zinfandel, which was perfect. Dinner was elegantly served, not overly fussy -- just perfect. This experience is consistent with all my other visits to the restaurant. Sorry I have not been there for lunch. I always go at night.Special Features:
- Very good, authentic Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2014Had another very nice meal at Indique. I have patronized this restaurant since it opened, albeit infrequently, as it is not in my neighborhood. Previously, it was very difficult to get in, but the past couple of times that I went, it was quite easy. I'm not sure why this has changed, or if it was just my timing, but it was to my benefit! I recommend the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.