3013 Lindbergh Blvd Ste C
Springfield, IL 62704Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.indigocuisine.com/welcome.html
- Phone: (217) 726-3487
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: D Dorsey and Ian Lambie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering operations can serve 10 to 500, we can provide food, beverages and service for almost any occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining options include 3 separate areas, 2 private rooms and a curtained off area. Large private room seats around 80 and smaller room seats 15. Curtain area seats 20. We can work with almost any budget from buffet appetizers to formal service.
- Private Party Contact: Samah Novel 2177263487x
- Entertainment: The atmosphere at Indigo is one you won't find anywhere else in Central Illinois. Our open concept seating, popular bar area and eclectic music always make for a great night. We provide fine dining "with a groove" which means you will receive fine dining food and service but can be relaxed and not uptight in Jean and T-shirt to Suit and tie. Open late most evenings. See you soon.......
A word from Indigo
Central Illinois premier fine dining establishment, we specialize in a fusion of French, Contemporary American and Asian Cuisine. Open 7 Days a week at 5:00pm we have been providing fine dining" With a Groove" since 1998. Our menu is ever changing and includes Filet Mignon, Sea Bass, Sushi and Chops. We have 121 different wines available with 57 of them by the glass. The best metropolitan cuisine right here on the west side of Springfield. We also have several private dining options for parties. Welcome to Indigo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Indigo - Best Restaurants in Springfield ›
Indigo reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)fit for foodies (22)romantic (17)notable wine list (13)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014we have been to indigo four times over the past few years.the first two times were very pleasant the last two visits were not . I will probably never go back.the lights are so low you can hardly read the menu and it is too cold.
- ExcellentpetervcDined on 10/27/2014Words cannot describe my pleasure/joy with this place. The décor, service, management, the food - all top-notch.Special Features:
- IndigoSteveDined on 10/27/2014Excellent service. Food was great except my pork chop was a little dry. Rest of the food was greatSpecial Features:
- Best Dining Experience in townlikesfoodalot45Dined on 10/11/2014Everything we ate was fabulous. The duck enchiladas and the rock were great appetizers. Can't wait to go back and try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Our server was outstanding! The food was great and the atmosphere topped off our night. We come here when we go out and will continue!Special Features:
- OMGpetervcDined on 9/26/2014This place is better than great! Everything works: food, service, ambiance, the whole packageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townImpressedVIPDined on 9/23/2014This place really gets it, great vibe stellar food and service. Had the King crab legs that came split for us and were the sweetest we have ever had, Ny strip was cooked perfectly and they Lobster Mac was awesome. Our server Katie could not have been better and the Sin cake for was the perfect finish. Wine list is very impressive. We highly reccomend this place.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedFoodNerdDined on 9/21/2014The dog murals on the walls were strange. The music felt almost like we were in a dance club. The calamari was disappointingly chewy, though the dish had a nice balance of flavors. Two Indigo Cut steaks, one ordered medium, one ordered medium-well. The medium steak was severely under-cooked (rare at best), and the medium-well steak was quite over-cooked. Neither of us had a knife sufficient for cutting through the tough meat. The cut up under-cooked steak was returned to the kitchen to cook longer, which might be against health code (?), and was still quite rare when it returned to the table. The staff was courteous & apologetic, comped one of the steaks & two desserts. It just wasn't what I'd hoped for a nice dinner out with my boyfriend.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceDGAMD83Dined on 9/15/2014We had not been to Indigo for quite some time. We had and excellent meal and the waitress was great. The wine list was comprehensive and better than most restaurants in town.Special Features:
- OutstandingImpressedVIPDined on 9/4/2014Our experience was awesome. First date and WOW was it great. Food service ambience couldn't have been better. Thank you IndigoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatTheWoodardsVIPDined on 8/28/2014We frequent Indigo often, and the place never let's us down. Great food, service and wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceMyopinionDined on 8/27/2014Made reservation for my husband's birthday - even put that in the reservation note. Nothing special about the food or service. Manager/bartender stopped by the 3 tables surrounding us to see how things were going, but walked right by our table without stopping. Very disappointed and won't be going back.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014I always choose Indigo for my birthday dinner. It is a great place to celebrate with friends. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my FavoritesnouveauchefDined on 8/21/2014Food is excellent and plated in an attractive way. We have been going to this restaurant for 10 years. Always enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Food in IL CapitolRockVIPDined on 8/11/2014If you're looking for superb cuisine in Springfield, IL, you want to try Indigo. This gem can compete with the best of them in Chicago. The service was a little slow on a Monday night when the restaurant was only about 40% filled, so I might be concerned about service on a crowed weekend night. But: the experience was great. When visiting IL's capitol, this is THE place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivinedjsingerDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went on Jazz night with another couple. Music was a hit, gave the night a special feel. Food was fantastic and the waitress was superb. Will definetly go back. Live out if town but worth the drive. Thumbs up for IndigoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 95 reviews are from the Indigo reviews archive.
- A-ma-zingImpressedVIPDined on 7/26/2014I just moved to town and met a few co-workers for drinks and appetizers. We were very impressed with everything this place had to offer. We all had different appetizers and shared, Hot dates were great and Oysters were super fresh, generous Wine pours and martinis were creative. Service was perfect. Very happy to know a place like this is near my new home. Can't wait to go back for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningCocoColieDined on 7/25/2014Had a nice outdoor table. The service was great and the food was fantastic. Had several martinis and a nice bottle of Silver Oak. We shared our evening with some good friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- above the crowdillinoisloyDined on 7/25/2014owners always onsite to insure a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Excellent . . . A must to try!KathVIPDined on 7/19/2014The Filet . . . The Pork Chop . . . The Salmon meals were each excellent. My husband, my mother and, myself were excited to have such great meals that each of us truly enjoyed. We will definitely try to return on our next visit. Our waitress, Sheryl, was kind and a true professional.Special Features:
- Dinner reviewBob1Dined on 7/16/2014We had wonderful food and a pleasant atmosphere. the seared tuna is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of the ordinaryillinoisloyDined on 6/29/2014not just your standard fare. unique interpretations on typical themes. very high quality and delicious!Special Features:
- I can't say enough; fantasticpetervcDined on 6/27/2014This place is almost perfect. A bit pricey but well worth it. It has everything - excellent service, décor, food, ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiecoupleDined on 6/15/2014We went on Fathers day & also Valentines day. We love it. Great drinks & great wine list. Wonderful food!! The staff is very knowledgeable about the food & wine & are always very kind & helpful. We have & will encourage friends to try Indigo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising IndigoIngeVIPDined on 6/8/2014Indigo was a great surprise. From the outside it was not impressive. Inside, it was totally unexpected. It's located in a strip mall with a neighboring store going out of business. The inside decor is dim and very eclectic. The food was spectacular with generous portions and well paced. The service with Kaylee was very good and the entire experience was exceptional. Too bad that we don't have plans to return to Springfield.Special Features:
- WowImpressedVIPDined on 6/5/2014This place is by far the best in the area. Great food and service and the wine list is awesome. The vibe was very cool with blue dogs on the walls and lounge music for background. Try The Rock appetizer, you get to cook the meat yourself at the table. All entrees include bread plate with roasted garlic and a very nice salad and my dirty martini was perfect. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but no privacyDiningdivasDined on 5/23/2014Great location, good is excellent, just the right amount of light and music. So what's the problem right? There are no dividers to give you a private location for a romantic dinner. It's basically one big room with tables and chairs. Other than that it's my favorite restaurant in Springfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go To PlaceSemomuDined on 5/19/2014Whenever we have a special occasion, or want a good dinner out, this is our go to place. The service is always very good. The menu items change, so it's not the same ever time you go. We like the quiet atmosphere. At some places, the music is so loud you can't hold a decent conversation. Prior to the entree being served, a small plate with pita bread and hummus is brought out along with olives and sautéed garlic. Dinner comes with a salad and house dressing. Entrees are good without being super-sized. There is a good wine list and beer offerings. Their martinis are very good! While a bit on the expensive side, sometimes you just have to treat yourself to a nice time out on the town.Special Features:
- Indigo reviewHawkDined on 5/15/2014My wife and I visit the Indigo a few times a year. I have ALWAYS had great service and the food has ALWAYS been cooked perfect. The atmosphere is very relaxing with low lighting. Love the periodic change in the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Mother's Day DinnerKP123Dined on 5/11/2014Went to Indigo for Mother's Day dinner. Service was very good and the food was amazing. I received a free dessert (because I was the Mom) which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Inventive chef, casual ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014I've now eaten at Indigo three times, and have yet to be disappointed. The menu changes frequently, but always offers a good range of choices. Twice I've had seafood, and each time it has been accompanied by an interesting sauce and thoughtfully selected starch and vegetable. The marinated olive and garlic clove s'amuse bouche is very good. The deviled egg appetizer is always a good choice.Special Features:
- PatioImpressedVIPDined on 5/9/2014Had dinner on the patio and was blown away. Cheese plate was great, sushi marvelous service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indigo in May, 2014RPhJDTravelerVIPDined on 5/8/2014A fine spot to reconnect with old friends. This is a charming restaurant with multiple appetizer and entree selections to suit most reasonable and many fine tastes. The atmosphere is romantic/funky, and the dog paintings are enchanting, provided you are comfortable with a pooch watching you throughout your meal. As a dog (and cat) lover, it was all aces for this reviewer. I enjoyed the salmon on a recent visit, while my companions raved about the crab legs and filet combo, as well as a solid steak choice. The martinis got high marks. A recommended place, with very good service and prices that are not inexpensive, but most acceptable given all the positives! Along with Maldaner's, it's one of the top places to dine in Springfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out standing!!GoodfoodDined on 4/25/2014The food is always great. There are always new items on the menu. The wait staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Mike and his wife Sam will come by your table toke sure everything is right. This is the best restuant in Springfield and our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating Pleasure!JRbdayDined on 3/21/2014Not your everyday eating experience for sure, but this place is about food taste, presentation, and overall experience. Not for the casual diner as a full meal is quite expensive (drinks, appetizer, salad/bread, main course, dessert), but certainly each bite is worth the cost. This kind of meal is about savoring each bite, not how much you get - although the portions were perfect in our opinion. The menu is limited, but typical for the type of restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed each course and did not feel rushed at all. The environment caters to a slow pace and even on a Friday night it was not crowded. Light level is low, but not too dark. All regular seating is in a single large room, but we never felt "next to" someone else.Special Features:
- A Evening to remembersirdaneDined on 3/15/2014The place had a nice artistic feel that my fiance and I enjoyed. The food was unique but fantastic as well as the service. Soft music playing in the background, while the lack of families and children was a plus for us. Strictly adult time. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizer selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Atmosphere, good wine and good food made a great nite for me. The Shrimp and Grits appetizer was very good. That appetizer coupled with a house salad made a good light dinner.Special Features:
- Food was good as always. NiceSpringfieldFoodieDined on 3/5/2014Food was good as always. Nice atmosphere. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectImpressedVIPDined on 2/28/2014So glad we used open table for our night out at this fine establishment. Started with drinks at the bar and were served by Levi who made our slightly dirty martini and old fashion better than we have had in a long time, Our table was ready right on time even though the place was packed, crab cakes and calamari were both unique and delicious. Steak and Crab legs were the best we have ever only to be topped by the Sin cake for desert. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- A better dining experiencepetervcDined on 2/21/2014A better dining experience could not happen. From the very attentive service to the very fine meal! There were the little things that were special. One example is the re-folding of napkins whenever left the table for a short period. The décor was eclectic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.