3013 Lindbergh Blvd Ste C
Springfield, IL 62704Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.indigocuisine.com/welcome.html
- Phone: 2177263487x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: D Dorsey and Ian Lambie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering operations can serve 10 to 500, we can provide food, beverages and service for almost any occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining options include 3 separate areas, 2 private rooms and a curtained off area. Large private room seats around 80 and smaller room seats 15. Curtain area seats 20. We can work with almost any budget from buffet appetizers to formal service.
- Private Party Contact: Samah Novel 2177263487x
- Entertainment: The atmosphere at Indigo is one you won't find anywhere else in Central Illinois. Our open concept seating, popular bar area and eclectic music always make for a great night. We provide fine dining "with a groove" which means you will receive fine dining food and service but can be relaxed and not uptight in Jean and T-shirt to Suit and tie. Open late most evenings. See you soon.......
A word from Indigo
Central Illinois premier fine dining establishment, we specialize in a fusion of French, Contemporary American and Asian Cuisine. Open 7 Days a week at 5:00pm we have been providing fine dining" With a Groove" since 1998. Our menu is ever changing and includes Filet Mignon, Sea Bass, Sushi and Chops. We have 121 different wines available with 57 of them by the glass. The best metropolitan cuisine right here on the west side of Springfield. We also have several private dining options for parties. Welcome to Indigo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Indigo - Best Restaurants in Springfield ›
Indigo reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (23)romantic (20)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (14)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- always greatTheWoodardsVIPDined on 8/28/2014We frequent Indigo often, and the place never let's us down. Great food, service and wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceMyopinionDined on 8/27/2014Made reservation for my husband's birthday - even put that in the reservation note. Nothing special about the food or service. Manager/bartender stopped by the 3 tables surrounding us to see how things were going, but walked right by our table without stopping. Very disappointed and won't be going back.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014I always choose Indigo for my birthday dinner. It is a great place to celebrate with friends. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my FavoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Food is excellent and plated in an attractive way. We have been going to this restaurant for 10 years. Always enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Food in IL CapitolRockVIPDined on 8/11/2014If you're looking for superb cuisine in Springfield, IL, you want to try Indigo. This gem can compete with the best of them in Chicago. The service was a little slow on a Monday night when the restaurant was only about 40% filled, so I might be concerned about service on a crowed weekend night. But: the experience was great. When visiting IL's capitol, this is THE place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivinedjsingerDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I went on Jazz night with another couple. Music was a hit, gave the night a special feel. Food was fantastic and the waitress was superb. Will definetly go back. Live out if town but worth the drive. Thumbs up for IndigoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A-ma-zingImpressedDined on 7/26/2014I just moved to town and met a few co-workers for drinks and appetizers. We were very impressed with everything this place had to offer. We all had different appetizers and shared, Hot dates were great and Oysters were super fresh, generous Wine pours and martinis were creative. Service was perfect. Very happy to know a place like this is near my new home. Can't wait to go back for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningCocoColieDined on 7/25/2014Had a nice outdoor table. The service was great and the food was fantastic. Had several martinis and a nice bottle of Silver Oak. We shared our evening with some good friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- above the crowdillinoisloyDined on 7/25/2014owners always onsite to insure a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Excellent . . . A must to try!KathVIPDined on 7/19/2014The Filet . . . The Pork Chop . . . The Salmon meals were each excellent. My husband, my mother and, myself were excited to have such great meals that each of us truly enjoyed. We will definitely try to return on our next visit. Our waitress, Sheryl, was kind and a true professional.Special Features:
- Dinner reviewBob1Dined on 7/16/2014We had wonderful food and a pleasant atmosphere. the seared tuna is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of the ordinaryillinoisloyDined on 6/29/2014not just your standard fare. unique interpretations on typical themes. very high quality and delicious!Special Features:
- I can't say enough; fantasticpetervcDined on 6/27/2014This place is almost perfect. A bit pricey but well worth it. It has everything - excellent service, décor, food, ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiecoupleDined on 6/15/2014We went on Fathers day & also Valentines day. We love it. Great drinks & great wine list. Wonderful food!! The staff is very knowledgeable about the food & wine & are always very kind & helpful. We have & will encourage friends to try Indigo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising IndigoIngeVIPDined on 6/8/2014Indigo was a great surprise. From the outside it was not impressive. Inside, it was totally unexpected. It's located in a strip mall with a neighboring store going out of business. The inside decor is dim and very eclectic. The food was spectacular with generous portions and well paced. The service with Kaylee was very good and the entire experience was exceptional. Too bad that we don't have plans to return to Springfield.Special Features:
- WowImpressedDined on 6/5/2014This place is by far the best in the area. Great food and service and the wine list is awesome. The vibe was very cool with blue dogs on the walls and lounge music for background. Try The Rock appetizer, you get to cook the meat yourself at the table. All entrees include bread plate with roasted garlic and a very nice salad and my dirty martini was perfect. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but no privacyDiningdivasDined on 5/23/2014Great location, good is excellent, just the right amount of light and music. So what's the problem right? There are no dividers to give you a private location for a romantic dinner. It's basically one big room with tables and chairs. Other than that it's my favorite restaurant in Springfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go To PlaceSemomuDined on 5/19/2014Whenever we have a special occasion, or want a good dinner out, this is our go to place. The service is always very good. The menu items change, so it's not the same ever time you go. We like the quiet atmosphere. At some places, the music is so loud you can't hold a decent conversation. Prior to the entree being served, a small plate with pita bread and hummus is brought out along with olives and sautéed garlic. Dinner comes with a salad and house dressing. Entrees are good without being super-sized. There is a good wine list and beer offerings. Their martinis are very good! While a bit on the expensive side, sometimes you just have to treat yourself to a nice time out on the town.Special Features:
- Indigo reviewHawkDined on 5/15/2014My wife and I visit the Indigo a few times a year. I have ALWAYS had great service and the food has ALWAYS been cooked perfect. The atmosphere is very relaxing with low lighting. Love the periodic change in the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Mother's Day DinnerKP123Dined on 5/11/2014Went to Indigo for Mother's Day dinner. Service was very good and the food was amazing. I received a free dessert (because I was the Mom) which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Inventive chef, casual ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014I've now eaten at Indigo three times, and have yet to be disappointed. The menu changes frequently, but always offers a good range of choices. Twice I've had seafood, and each time it has been accompanied by an interesting sauce and thoughtfully selected starch and vegetable. The marinated olive and garlic clove s'amuse bouche is very good. The deviled egg appetizer is always a good choice.Special Features:
- PatioImpressedDined on 5/9/2014Had dinner on the patio and was blown away. Cheese plate was great, sushi marvelous service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indigo in May, 2014RPhJDTravelerVIPDined on 5/8/2014A fine spot to reconnect with old friends. This is a charming restaurant with multiple appetizer and entree selections to suit most reasonable and many fine tastes. The atmosphere is romantic/funky, and the dog paintings are enchanting, provided you are comfortable with a pooch watching you throughout your meal. As a dog (and cat) lover, it was all aces for this reviewer. I enjoyed the salmon on a recent visit, while my companions raved about the crab legs and filet combo, as well as a solid steak choice. The martinis got high marks. A recommended place, with very good service and prices that are not inexpensive, but most acceptable given all the positives! Along with Maldaner's, it's one of the top places to dine in Springfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the Indigo reviews archive.
- Out standing!!GoodfoodDined on 4/25/2014The food is always great. There are always new items on the menu. The wait staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Mike and his wife Sam will come by your table toke sure everything is right. This is the best restuant in Springfield and our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating Pleasure!JRbdayDined on 3/21/2014Not your everyday eating experience for sure, but this place is about food taste, presentation, and overall experience. Not for the casual diner as a full meal is quite expensive (drinks, appetizer, salad/bread, main course, dessert), but certainly each bite is worth the cost. This kind of meal is about savoring each bite, not how much you get - although the portions were perfect in our opinion. The menu is limited, but typical for the type of restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed each course and did not feel rushed at all. The environment caters to a slow pace and even on a Friday night it was not crowded. Light level is low, but not too dark. All regular seating is in a single large room, but we never felt "next to" someone else.Special Features:
- A Evening to remembersirdaneDined on 3/15/2014The place had a nice artistic feel that my fiance and I enjoyed. The food was unique but fantastic as well as the service. Soft music playing in the background, while the lack of families and children was a plus for us. Strictly adult time. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizer selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Atmosphere, good wine and good food made a great nite for me. The Shrimp and Grits appetizer was very good. That appetizer coupled with a house salad made a good light dinner.Special Features:
- Food was good as always. NiceSpringfieldFoodieDined on 3/5/2014Food was good as always. Nice atmosphere. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectImpressedDined on 2/28/2014So glad we used open table for our night out at this fine establishment. Started with drinks at the bar and were served by Levi who made our slightly dirty martini and old fashion better than we have had in a long time, Our table was ready right on time even though the place was packed, crab cakes and calamari were both unique and delicious. Steak and Crab legs were the best we have ever only to be topped by the Sin cake for desert. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- A better dining experiencepetervcDined on 2/21/2014A better dining experience could not happen. From the very attentive service to the very fine meal! There were the little things that were special. One example is the re-folding of napkins whenever left the table for a short period. The décor was eclectic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indigo is a good consistentsnowboundDined on 2/15/2014Indigo is a good consistent restaurant. We had a good meal. We were disappointed that they decided to change the menu and seating options for valentines weekend. We selected 2/15 on purpose so that we could avoid the 2/14 rush. Had we known that they planned to change the menu and bring in more seating in a small room we would not have made reservations. We were disappointed that they made these choices. We will eat there again, but never on a holiday such as valentines. So disappointed that you changed who you are to get more reservations and make more $ on each entrée, such a disappointmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great v-dayBoleaterDined on 2/14/2014We had a great dinner with good service at a reasonable price. Looking forward to returning sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalImpressedDined on 2/8/2014We had an exceptional evening. My fathers 80th birthday and we reserved the private room. 55 of is were very comfortable and very well taken care of. They even had a screen and projector that we played slides of when he was a kid. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect at 9:15ImpressedDined on 2/8/2014We arrived just after 9 on a Saturday night and were very suprised to be so welcomed. Other places in town have treated us poorly arriving this late and some won't even take reservations past nine. The place was almost full and we noticed three more groups arrived after we did. The wine list is very extensive and all our food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularImpressedDined on 2/1/2014We had a rare date night and it could not have been more perfect. Our server took great care of us and the food was delicious. Can't wait to go again. Thank you Indigo for an unforgettable date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining for any occasionTheWoodardsVIPDined on 1/30/2014My wife and I were looking for a casual dining experience for dinner halfway through our work week, and boy did we score with this place! The owner Mike came and spoke to us at length, giving us drink recommendations. Lindsay the bartender was extremely positive and energetic, making us comfortable the whole time we were there.This is a great place for the casual glass of wine after work, a romantic dinner, or a get together with friends to catch up. We are TRULY impressed. It is hard to get this type of professionalism in this day in age out of a full staff, so we recognized it the whole time and admired it. , We will surely be back, and if your looking for a comfortable place to fine dine in Springfield, look no further than INDIGO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unexpectedly delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/19/2014An unexpectedly delightful find on the prairie. Bravo/brava to the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowImpressedDined on 1/13/2014We were here on a Tuesday thanks to the recommendation of our hotel. When we arrived we were greeted immediately our server was very quick to welcome us and could not have been better. From the food menu to the wine list he was extremely knowledgable. The food was impeccable and the atmosphere was very cool. We will definately come back when in town, thank you Indigo for an unforgettable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a little overpricedtraci7405Dined on 12/31/2013Food was a little overpriced and just okay....was a little disappointed. However, I would try again.Special Features:
- The food was well plated andDonnaDined on 12/31/2013The food was well plated and absolutely delicious. The lighting was better than it has been in the past. The only downside is that it is quite noisy when the restaurant is full - perhaps the open ceiling contributes to the noise level. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.