620 East Las Olas Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.riversidehotel.com/
- Phone: 9544670045
- Hours of Operation:
BREAKFAST: 6:30am - 11:30am
LUNCH: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Toby Joseph
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Wine Room is an elegant private dining room surrounded by our 4,000 bottle wine collection. Can accommodate groups up to 30. The room is equipped with the state of the art audio visual equipment, ideal for corporate events and meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Abrams 9543770954
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday thru Saturday Night and Sunday Brunch!
A word from Indigo Restaurant
Great Indoor and Outdoor Dining that features American Classic Cuisine from Chef Toby Joseph. Great cocktails and wine selections and live entertainment on Thursday thru Sunday. A Fort Lauderdale signature and huge local hangout. Fresh seafood and steaks as well many other signature dishes. Great for romance and family fun!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Indigo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (4)scenic view (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- IndigoMMcKexperienceDined on 10/18/2014Excellent restaurant. Had a wonderful time. Visited during Dine Out Ft. Lauderdale and will definitely be back. The pork sirloin was soooo very good, tender and moist. The waiters were quite pleasant and the entertainment keep us there for hours. Really a funny night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wownickVIPDined on 10/4/2014the mussels were amazing. The lemon crusted salmon was delectable. The staff was great and they had some great entertainment. Fun placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOT NIGHT WITH POOR SERVICECAROLVIPDined on 9/5/2014SEATING OUTSIDE NEXT TO THE ENTERTAINMENT WHICH IS SCHEDULED TO START AT 8 PROVED TO BE A DISASTER. THE ENTERTAINMENT DID NOT START UNTIL 9 AS THE ENTERTAINER SOCIALIZED WITH PATRONS FOR CLOSE TO 1 HOUR AFTER ARRIVING. WE WAITED ALMOST 40 MINUTES TO PAY OUR CHECK. BAD ALL AROUND....Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. The music was good. Our server could have been a little nicer in the beginning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 74 reviews are from the Indigo Restaurant reviews archive.
- Mothers Day BtunchLeftlisaDined on 5/11/2014We hada lovely time on Mothers' Day. The food was good and the prices very reasonable compared to other Las Olas restaurants. Service was kind of slow; many bus boys, few waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table Reservation RefusalMikeDined on 4/6/2014They would not honor the Open table reservation and we had to wait for a table.
- it was a great experienceUPSETVIPDined on 3/16/2014I havent been to Indigo in over 8 years since I moved away from South Florida but when I was there for a weekend I went for Sunday Brunch with friends and it was as good as it always was. EXCELLENTSpecial Features:
- Brunch on Los Olas not for gourmetsMoniqueiciVIPDined on 3/16/2014While Indigo does a nice breakfast, it lacks any finesse. The best thing is that the terrace is so dog friendly. That's why I return.Special Features:
- Nice location, just "okay" foodRonnieGDined on 3/13/2014The location is wonderful (outdoor tables right on Las Olas), but the food was "okay" at best. Routine stuff, generally bland, lacking the flavor excitements of Indigo, which was the prior incarnation of this hotel restaurant. Service was good.
- Wish we had eaten outsideJudiVIPDined on 3/7/2014Have been to Indigo several times. Food was excellent. We had lemon crusted salmon and it was perfect and very fresh. We sat at an inside table and wished we had asked for one outside on the sidewalk.. We kept looking outside at all the activity. Our server was pleasant but brand new and and not yet sure of what she was doing. I would definitely go there again because the quality of the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Good Evening OutEFSFLDined on 2/6/2014My husband and I were looking for a pleasant place to eat before the opera at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. We took an outside table on a mild evening and had very good service and a good meal. While the food may not be gourmet, it was more than adequate and the entire experience was very nice. We would come to Indigo again.Special Features:
- Indigo keeps serving good qualityMoniqueiciVIPDined on 1/20/2014I like Indigo. Los Olas needs a pet-friendly environment and a restaurant with good food. Keep it up!Special Features:
- DisappointedSLLWDined on 1/19/2014We were disappointed in Indigo. Our all-time favorite restaurant - the Grille Room - was next door in the same hotel, until it was closed about 5 years ago. So we thought we would try Indigo in hopes that some of the 5-star qualities of the Grille Room rubbed off on Indigo. It didn't. Limited menu, bland, over-salted food (from Sysco?), in-attentive wait staff, served food across diners; dreary dated decor - nothing nice to say about our experience there.We will not return.
- A perfect nightMarciaVIPDined on 12/27/2013We made a last-minute decision to have dinner at Indigo.. We could not have been happier with her decision. The food was delicious, the energy was great, service was perfect and just watching people walk up and down the street was entertaining. They had music playing outside and fortunately we were far enough away that we could enjoy it without it being too loud. We had friends with us from out-of-town and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyable outdoor dining onSueBeeDined on 11/12/2013Enjoyable outdoor dining on Las Olas. Service and food were both great.Special Features:
- Horrible Service, Mediocre FoodDannDined on 11/10/2013Three of us went here for brunch. There was a general air of confusion (by the maitre d', the lady who seats people, and the waiter). It took 15 minutes from the time we were seated until the waiter came over to the table the first time to take our drink orders. Drinks were delivered 10 minutes later, one by one from the bar (instead of all three on a tray), being held by the waiter near the rim of the glass (a pet peeve of mine) . Throughout the meal, we were never offered coffee or water. The food was delivered in a timely manner and was okay: nothing special but adequate. Noise level was a bit high. Overall, not a pleasant experience, and not worth returning.
- Perhaps Just A Bad NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2013Indifferent, inattentive and unbelievably slow service spoiled our dining experience. Seemed that most guests were doing more drinking than eating, but even bar service was slow. Very nice location right in the center of LasOlas, but not a good experience for our party.
- My friends and I had a wonderfulSomerDined on 10/16/2013My friends and I had a wonderful evening. The dining room was quiet on a Wednesday night making it perfect for us to be able to talk and catch up with our livesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodSatisfiedVIPDined on 10/12/2013We ordered the skirt steak. It was very flavorful and cooked to perfection! They had a man singing and it was a treat that his 2 daughters showed up and also sang for us. They sang all types of music from oldies, motown to todays hits! I would definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialHowardVIPDined on 9/30/2013Whatever happened to the indonesian flavor of this restaurant? This is just a standard hotel restaurant now....the mussels appetizer was good, but the broth almost tasteless. My skirt steak entree was good, but could have ordered it anywhere. The brownie sundae dessert was very good, but again....it was a brownie...nothing inspired here...service was very good, ambiance tired...fine if you're staying at Riverside Hotel, but otherwise, stick to breakfasts here and maybe lunch.
- Labor Day weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013The service was excellent!! The atmosphere vibrant and the food was exceptional!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still deliciousBoopianVIPDined on 8/24/2013Since the Grill Room is long gone from the Riverside hotel, this standby is still a great option. Great salmon and burgers on our recent trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible country music!!!FantasticDined on 8/3/2013We ate early (6pm) and there wasn't anyone in the restaurant. The music was HORRIBLE and way too loud! If it had a "country" ambiance, I would understand. The décor was circa 1970 and the food matched. Sorry, but I'd never go back.
- Great people watchingFishermanDined on 7/28/2013Excellent spot on Las Olas Boulevard for good food and great people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot on Las OlasMikeFTLDined on 7/21/2013We always enjoy coming here for brunch. Have been here several times and it is one of the most enjoyable ways to spend a Sunday morning catching up with friends and/or just people watching. Ambiance is delightful. Food is good and service always friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- We sat outside and had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2013We sat outside and had a wonderful lunch. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. We had our wedding reception at The Riverside Hotel so this location is special to us. We will go back!Special Features:
- Poor Service, OK FoodDebQRealtorVIPDined on 4/28/2013The service was poor. We sat with empty water and cocktail glasses multiple times throughout brunch. The food was OK, nothing special.
- Great food, great location!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013We truly enjoyed our dinner at Indigo. We sat on the sidewalk, which I highly recommend! Honestly, I could sit there all night listening to the fabulous live music and people watching. The food was fantastic. That being said, early on our server was very attentive. However, after our plates were dropped off...our waiter disappeared! Like I said, I could have sat here all night....but we found it odd that he didn't come back again until we flagged him down for the check; not even to ask us how our food was! It was busy, but there were still some open tables. And people walking off the street appeared to have a very short wait, so I'm not sure what the holdup was. Again, we really enjoyed our dinner and would definitely return.Special Features:
- Loved the lively music, goodTTLBLVIPDined on 4/20/2013Loved the lively music, good food and wonderful service. Great evening of fun!Special Features:
- Booked for Easter Brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Booked for Easter Brunch. Was not what I had hoped. Food was okay with the limited menu. Venue was extremely loud due to poor decor. Waitstaff was shorthanded and our waiter was always in a rush. He never even checked on us after food was served. Off the list as there are several other choices close by. As a local I do not expect tourist treatment.
- Check out other dining optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013I honestly don't write reviews very often but felt compelled to do so after our visit to Indigo. My wife and I dine off Los Olas every year in Match as we take a family vacation every year here in Ft Lauderdale. That being said we have had some really great meals and didn't mind paying 100 dollars plus for the occasion. On this occasion we did . . We arrived at Indigo and were immediately seated. There was basically very few people there. The server seamed uninspired and kind of went throughout the motions (obligitorily polite) . Menu was scaled down from online menu and prices were higher. We order over priced Mohitos . Took 40 minutes for our food to arrive. Food was ok, but over priced. Advise checking out the other fantastic resteraunts
- Have stayed at Riverside HotelDesertgamDined on 3/4/2013Have stayed at Riverside Hotel several times and eaten at their Indigo restaurant multiple times. I would say food is above average, fish was really tasty. Oatmeal for breakfast, not so much. Wasn't hot and too soupy. Outdoor dining is nice ..good people watching but street noise can be an issue. The wait staff is very nice and accommodating. Prices are reasonable...would recommend.Special Features:
- My husband and I have eatenDesertgamDined on 3/3/2013My husband and I have eaten at this restaurant several times when visiting Ft. Lauderdale on business. I had two fish entrees this time and both were delicious - even though one selection was farmed rather than wild caught - which I usually won't eat. The atmosphere is very pleasant and staff friendly and will accommodate some substitutions on the menu. Especially recommend the outdoor dining which is facing Las Olas Blvd and can be interesting people watching.Special Features:
- The food was good and theBettiDined on 3/3/2013The food was good and the service very good but the room was like a breakfast room not a dining room.Special Features:
- Embarrassed that I broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2013Embarrassed that I brought friends for questionable food...they were very kind and concerned when I sent back the chicken lettuce wraps, and another at the table could not eat the very hard roll on a sandwich. Staff was helpful and friendly.
- It was my second time backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013It was my second time back there. The first time i had a birthday day dinner party for a friend and the second time i went for Valentine's day. Both times did not disappoint. The restaurant is a nice combination of romantic yet laid back enough to dine without a reservation. The food was great, the service was good we had our dinner within 10 minutes of ordering. Overall experience was great; looking forward to going back.Special Features:
- Overall the food was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Overall the food was great. The bacon mac and cheese and calamari were fantastic. The Sea Bass was excellent. Steak was slightly overcooked but it could have been that it was sitting in kitchen too long before it was brought out. Service was a little slow but the waiter was very friendly and pleasant. Possibly the kitchen and bar may have been backed up due to it was a weekend. Excellent food, I would definitely go back. This would not be a place to go if you are in a rush.
- Service, from greeting tobmwgatorDined on 2/14/2013Service, from greeting to end of dinner, was great. Waiter was wonderful. Menu was good; had a steak that was not cooked correctly and the fact that I dont like olive loaf bread were only "problems". Waiter offered to correct and was very caring, so no issue.Special Features:
- It was good enough that IOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/10/2013It was good enough that I probably would returned but was disappointed in the service and the fact we didn't get seated until 40 minutes after our reservation.Special Features:
- Always a Great Dining ExperienceTTLBLVIPDined on 2/8/2013Have had lunch at Indigo with the ladies before theater many times. Decided to try dinner. Just as good as lunch. Loved the salmon with Artichoke sauce. Cooked to perfection ...soooo delicious. The chopped salad was very good as well. The music was great. We were not sure at first whether we were hearing live music or recordings. We look forward to returning for great food, fair prices, and wonderful entertainment.Special Features: