1 Marina Drive
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indigolanding.com/
- Phone: 7035480001x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm (for brunch) & 2:00pm-9:00pm regular hours
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Randy Wyche
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Indigo Landing offers two private dining rooms in a picturesque setting overlooking the Potomac River. Both rooms are available for private dining and special events.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee Eddington 7035489227x
- Entertainment: Live music during Sunday brunch from 11:30-2:00PM.
- Special Events: Indigo Landing offers several private dining options in a picturesque setting overlooking the Potomac River and Reagan National Airport. All areas are available for private dining and special events.
A word from Indigo Landing
Indigo Landing located on Daingerfield Island in Alexandria, VA, offers an innovative American menu featuring seafood and steak favorites in a picturesque setting, overlooking the Potomac River with sweeping water views, expansive outdoor deck. Reservations made through Open Table are good for inside dining only. Outside/patio dining is honored on a first come, first served basis and is not available to parties over 6.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Indigo Landing - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Indigo Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (155)great for outdoor dining (146)romantic (69)special occasion (65)good for groups (55)great for lunch (51)great for brunch (47)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (25)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (9)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (4)Show More
- I love this placeLisaLisaDined on 9/13/2014The ambiance is soooo nice because of the view. The service was really great. Our server was very attentive and we appreciated it. We really enjoyed the food. We went to celebrate my daughter's birthday. She loved it and is already talking about plans for us to go back in a couple of weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks. The Service was delightful.SarahVIPDined on 9/7/2014And the setting beautiful but the Service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceBronxBoyDined on 9/3/2014Wait staff and Hostess helped me pull off a surprise party for my wife and immediate family. The waiter brought out a specialty cake after the main course. The Manager came over to wish my wife Happy Birthday, engaged in some nice conversation, shared a piece of cake and then returned to offer us champagne for a toast. They made it a very special night for my family. Very attentive but unobtrusive staff. The food was excellent - great selection, great tasting, and they didn't skimp on portions. I highly recommend Indigo Landing!Special Features:
- Lovely settingturbomomDined on 9/3/2014Our party of three ate outdoors overlooking the Potomac River…lovely setting. Food was good… We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!gynn77Dined on 8/31/2014this place was AWESOME, service was great, food was awesome, and wine list was long, and the stunning view of DC lights!!! a must try for a special night out.. pice was average for steak and seafood place!!Special Features:
- It had been awhileSEdinerDined on 8/30/2014I haven't been here in a long time and I don't feel the need to hurry back. Food was okay. The cream sauce on the special was too thick and pasty as it cooled making the pasta a sticky mess. The special wasn't all that special, it needed more thought &better execution. Calamari appetizer was good as was the mojito sorbet--refreshing. Service was good. I was surprised after reading one review here about a surly hostess to have a similar opinion. What she lacked in personality she made up for in attitude. It was amusing to watch every party being seated ask for a different table. The view, as always is nice. I had mentioned in my reservation that we were celebrating a birthday. Nothing was done, that's fine but another table was brought cake.Special Features:
- Highly Recommended!JMarieWDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful restaurant. We had dinner and the food was amazing. It is a little too pricy for everyday dining, but well worth every penny. We sat outside before sunset and had the pleasure of watching our nation's Capital light up. There was a wedding going on so we had bonus live jazz music to listen to! It was cool watching the planes take off out of Reagan, but since we were outdoors they did cause a little noise that might irritate some. Not us, we enjoyed the atmosphere and our food and look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Evening of FunFun4AllDined on 8/28/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Indigo Landing. We were a group of college friends and their husbands. I asked for seating by a window because of the view and that was honored. Service was great, as was the food. My only concern was the lack of restaurant guests. We were probably loud, but it didn't matter since there were no other guests in the room. A few were sprinkled around outside. Hopefully, this was because it was the Thursday before Labor Day and Washingtonians had left the city. Don't want this place to disappear!Special Features:
- A Washington EveningNofoodieDined on 8/27/2014The crab cakes were excellent. As good as they get. The filet mignon, ordered medium, was over cooked but still quite good. While the waiter offered to replace it, that would have delayed the entire evening. The waiter, by the way, was quite thoughtful in his suggestions and, overall, quite helpful.Special Features:
- MehIndigoMehDined on 8/24/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. It was our first time here and I thought it would be cool to watch the boats and be right on the river. The weather was great and the sunset gorgeous, but the noise of the planes negates any hope of romance. The hostess was the saltiest, surliest hostess I've seen in years. It was a shame we put her out by wanting to be seated. Our server was pleasant and knowledgeable but "in the weeds" and not able to time our food appropriately. We finished dessert without my husband ever receiving the coffee he ordered. For the most part, the food was 'okay' with the exception of the raw creme brulee. Nothing that can't be replicated as well or better at home. On time. Without a nasty attitude.
- Indigo LandingRickVIPDined on 8/23/2014We found Indigo on Open Table. The restaurant is near Regan Airport. The restaurant takes nice advantage of the flights and the water so the outdoor and indoor dining is always entertaining. The food was a surprise. It was well prepared and well presented. The service was great as Steve took very good care of us. The appetizers was good and our main courses were also very good. The dessert was average. It was restaurant week and we took advantage of that special.Special Features:
- A Gem with a Great ViewAnitaDined on 8/23/2014The view of the waterfront, monuments, and airport are great! What makes this spectacular, aside from that, is the people. Jeff, the GM goes out of his way to make sure everything is humming smoothly, while looking very relaxed. Steve, the bartender, runs a very congenial bar. Miguel, our waiter, was efficient and attentive. The food was very good. I wish they would expand the menu just a bit and put a surprise or two on there, but the current menu hits all bases. In all, a jewel on the water and well worth the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationParkersDined on 8/23/2014When we returned home there was a message that the reservation has been cancelled. We had just had dinner at the restaurant! There was a very loud table of "ladies" seated while we were eating who definitely needed a private room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, lacking in servicedcdinersDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I tried Indigo Landing during Alexandria's restaurant week, and the food was beyond amazing! Most amazing was the idea to do shrimp wellington's, awesome idea I've never heard before and delicious! The only problem I had was the service. Our waiter was fair, brought the food out in a timely manner, but didn't know answers to our questions, seemed like we were inconveniencing him to even ask. Then, we waited over 15 minutes for our check, even after we had asked for it specifically. Missed our movie time for that. All in all, I would try it again just to hope for a better waiter, because the food and ambience was just that fabulous. I think the waiters (at least ours) could use some more customer service training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be a great place...OliebollekeDined on 8/21/2014The lady at the reception didn't say a word when I came in, not a welcome, not a smile - she just waited for me to say something. When I told her I had a reservation, she asked if I wanted to sit at the bar or in the dining room. I chose the latter, which seemed to bother her. Without a word, she took me to my table, dropped the menu on the table, and left. It was pretty quiet, with many waiters walking around or standing. I had to wait for 10 minutes before someone took my order. Apart from that, the food was OK, but not really special. As other reviewers mentioned, it's more a place for tourists who like a scenic view.Special Features:
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Indigo Landing has a great view of the water and boats and also airplanes departing south from DCA. The Restaurant Food was delicious, mostly. The creme brulee topping was bitterly burnt and there was a lot of liquid in the bottom of it, too. The trout and scallop mousse was exquisite and the grits "fries" were a special treat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014would suggest adding larger umbrellas for tables which seat more than 3 people. When the sun is high it's hard to enough lunch when certain table guests have no shade at all. overall enoughed everything.Special Features:
- BonnieVIPDined on 8/20/2014The 2 waitresses who served us were great, very accommodating but also very efficient & plesant; there was no downtime, everything flowed very weSpecial Features:
- oakeatsDined on 8/17/2014When walking in the door of Indigi Landing you will be greeted by a stylish host desk and lovely decorSpecial Features:
- Indigo Landing reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014I would only eat at this restaurant again for the scenic view. Food & service were fair. So many wonderful restaurants in Alexandria but this is not one of them. Probably a good place for a banquet because of the location.Special Features:
- A Perfect EveningSC01Dined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed so much our first visit to Indigo Landing. We had ideal weather and sat on the outdoor patio. The crab cakes were extremely generous. Would have liked a larger quantity of seasonal vegetables under them. Tried the wine flight and asked the waiter for advice on several, and was extremely satisfied with the 3 picks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently pleasantMaybelleDined on 8/16/2014Unfortunately the restaurant week menu didn't speak to me so ordered the Seafood Cobb salad. The salad was fresh and enjoyable in the summer air but the shrimp served were not deveined- gross. If that doesn't bother you then it was a near perfect meal. I will be returning but will skip the shrimp dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful atmosphereJBlakeVIPDined on 8/14/2014A great place to enjoy the company you are with. The food was good, service was friendly and the view spectacular.Special Features:
- Could be great2dinedcDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful food, service, and setting, but the interior decor has seen better days. It looked a bit dingy and shabby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchdougDined on 8/14/2014four of us gathered for our monthly lunch and ate outside which is great. The food is nice.Special Features:
- Always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014I try to get to Indigo Landing every other month or so, it is a great place. Last week's dinner was enhanced by magnificent weather. It's a place I can always count on for a nice meal and pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good FoodExploreFoodDined on 8/9/2014I ordered the scallops and they were amazing. Cooked to perfection. We were seated outside and it was great. Not too hot, had a nice breeze coming off the Potomac. Watched the planes take off and land at Reagan. I would have ordered dessert but was too full from the meal. Would come here again. Service started out great but as they got somewhat busier, it took awhile for our table to be cleared and to get the check. No water refills either. Still would come back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Waterfront!JspencerFVIPDined on 8/8/2014We recently celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary here at Indigo Landing. We had an absolutely perfect night and fabulous dinner thanks to the efforts of General Manager Johanna Kearns. Johanna made sure we had the best table by the window with a stunning view of Washington, DC. our server was attentive and sweet. We had the crispy calamari to start and took the recommendations of our server and ordered the scallops and the salmon as entrees. We were not disappointed. The scallops were amazing and the salmon was cooked perfectly. For dessert we had the strawberry shortcake/cheesecake and a special chocolate fudge covered peanut butter ice cream. We will be back again, and again!Special Features:
- A very lovely settingangus5678Dined on 8/8/2014I always like going to Indigo Landing because of its lovely setting and view. However, over the last few years, the menu has become increasingly less diverse and varied. Indeed it appears to be primarily oriented on catering to tourists. While the meals are well prepared and portions are appropriately sized, the pricing appears to be higher than is warrented.Special Features:
- OspreyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Nice spot, beautiful view, great setting, good beer. Ospreys are beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and Scenic Minus ServiceChampagneofbeers82Dined on 8/2/2014The restaurant was not completely filled when we arrived and sat down. However, they decided to place two sets of couples at a table literally 3 feet from us when there were many open tables around us. That was fine until they were extremely loud and wouldn't stop. we decided to move tables and apologized and gave reasoning but the hostess and the server were not thrilled and were rather put off. From there our new server was very reluctant to come to our table. Even though most of the restaurant was fairly open at this point. The service did pick up towards the end and he was a very nice gentleman. The food was excellent and the scenery was beautiful. I am glad we chose to eat here and hope to come back in the future.Special Features:
- Wonderful and fabulous ServiceSarahVIPDined on 8/2/2014The service was simply perfect and our meal was lovely but the setting is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Airport delightBEAUVIPDined on 8/2/2014Indigo Landing is a great place for outdoor dining - the view is spectacular. The service is very good. The food depending on what you order can vary from please take this back to very good. It is not a place to expect fine dining, however, it is a place for a nice evening. Stay with salmon, crab cakes, sandwiches and you will have an enjoyable meal - DO NOT order steak - their steaks are low quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Is A New Favorite RestaurantHappyDined on 7/31/2014If you are looking for an excellent restaurant for food, view, service, ambiance, this is it! You can dress up or be casual. It can be for a special occasion or just a change. My husband and I have had exceptional evenings out here, and I understand that the earlier bar scene is popular. I highly recommend making a reservation first. Enjoy! It doesn't get much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday!FoodablesDined on 7/31/2014This place was perfect for a birthday lunch. Easy to find, ample parking, great menu, good wine selection. Very reasonable given the quality of the food and the view. :)Special Features:
- surpassed expectationsgluttonDined on 7/30/2014After reading various reviews I was very happily surprised by this experience. I chose it for the location, a great one for out-of-town visitors staying nearby. I thought the location would be wonderful - and it was. I thought the food and service would be okay - and both were way better than that. Both the hostess and the server were polite, considerate, efficient. The server was helpful with descriptions and recommendations. My visitors had the salmon which they praised highly. I had the scallops and they were done perfectly and served with just-right spinach and angel hair pasta. The salt-caramel chocolate cake shared three ways made a perfect finish. I'd return when convenience takes me in that direction, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dip wifeDipwifeDined on 7/30/2014I have been to this restaurant several times, for both lunch and dinner. Every time I have eaten there, the service has been horrible. They seem to be disorganized, it takes FOREVER to get menus, drinks, etc, and even longer than forever to place an order and actually get your food. We had to ask for sugar for our iced tea. We had to ask for bread. On the positive side, the view of the Potomac River, National Airport and Washington, DC is terrific, and the outdoor seating is very nice. It is easier to get an outside table at lunch than at dinner. The interior of the restaurant is dated but pleasant. The only reason we go to this place is the view.Special Features:
- Great time had by allTaymyrDined on 7/26/2014This was our first visit to Indigo but it will certainly not be our last. Needed a "special place" for a dinner with out of town guests and this worked out perfectly. The reservation at 1845 was found by the hostess without any problem and our table was just as requested. The menu offered plenty of choices and the four of us each had something different than the others and each found their selection it to be well prepared, nicely presented, very tasty and reasonably priced. and the view was even better. A great evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FriendlyrelaxingDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful evening. All of our very specific dining requests were granted. Our walk on the grass after dinner was great for all of us.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedMissyDined on 7/26/2014We hadn't been in this spot in a very long time and decided to have dinner there early on a Saturday. The food was very good....the service was excellent, though it was not that crowded yet....but as we left the place was filling up quickly. The scallops and the salmon were cooked perfectly and very large portion sizes. We will be back.Special Features: