1 Marina Drive
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indigolanding.com/
- Phone: (703) 548-0001
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am-2:00pm (for brunch) & 2:00pm-9:00pm regular hours
Closed Monday and Tuesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Randy Wyche
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Indigo Landing offers two private dining rooms in a picturesque setting overlooking the Potomac River. Both rooms are available for private dining and special events.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee Eddington 7035489227x
- Entertainment: Live music during Sunday brunch from 11:30-2:00PM.
- Special Events: Indigo Landing offers several private dining options in a picturesque setting overlooking the Potomac River and Reagan National Airport. All areas are available for private dining and special events.
A word from Indigo Landing
Indigo Landing located on Daingerfield Island in Alexandria, VA, offers an innovative American menu featuring seafood and steak favorites in a picturesque setting, overlooking the Potomac River with sweeping water views, expansive outdoor deck. Reservations made through Open Table are good for inside dining only. Outside/patio dining is honored on a first come, first served basis and is not available to parties over 6.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Indigo Landing - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
Indigo Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (107)great for outdoor dining (93)special occasion (44)romantic (43)great for lunch (38)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (20)great for brunch (19)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (8)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- BonnieVIPDined on 8/20/2014The 2 waitresses who served us were great, very accommodating but also very efficient & plesant; there was no downtime, everything flowed very weSpecial Features:
- oakeatsDined on 8/17/2014When walking in the door of Indigi Landing you will be greeted by a stylish host desk and lovely decorSpecial Features:
- Indigo Landing reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014I would only eat at this restaurant again for the scenic view. Food & service were fair. So many wonderful restaurants in Alexandria but this is not one of them. Probably a good place for a banquet because of the location.Special Features:
- A Perfect EveningSC01Dined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed so much our first visit to Indigo Landing. We had ideal weather and sat on the outdoor patio. The crab cakes were extremely generous. Would have liked a larger quantity of seasonal vegetables under them. Tried the wine flight and asked the waiter for advice on several, and was extremely satisfied with the 3 picks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently pleasantMaybelleDined on 8/16/2014Unfortunately the restaurant week menu didn't speak to me so ordered the Seafood Cobb salad. The salad was fresh and enjoyable in the summer air but the shrimp served were not deveined- gross. If that doesn't bother you then it was a near perfect meal. I will be returning but will skip the shrimp dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful atmosphereJBlakeVIPDined on 8/14/2014A great place to enjoy the company you are with. The food was good, service was friendly and the view spectacular.Special Features:
- Could be great2dinedcDined on 8/14/2014Wonderful food, service, and setting, but the interior decor has seen better days. It looked a bit dingy and shabby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice LunchdougDined on 8/14/2014four of us gathered for our monthly lunch and ate outside which is great. The food is nice.Special Features:
- Always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I try to get to Indigo Landing every other month or so, it is a great place. Last week's dinner was enhanced by magnificent weather. It's a place I can always count on for a nice meal and pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good FoodExploreFoodDined on 8/9/2014I ordered the scallops and they were amazing. Cooked to perfection. We were seated outside and it was great. Not too hot, had a nice breeze coming off the Potomac. Watched the planes take off and land at Reagan. I would have ordered dessert but was too full from the meal. Would come here again. Service started out great but as they got somewhat busier, it took awhile for our table to be cleared and to get the check. No water refills either. Still would come back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Waterfront!JspencerFVIPDined on 8/8/2014We recently celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary here at Indigo Landing. We had an absolutely perfect night and fabulous dinner thanks to the efforts of General Manager Johanna Kearns. Johanna made sure we had the best table by the window with a stunning view of Washington, DC. our server was attentive and sweet. We had the crispy calamari to start and took the recommendations of our server and ordered the scallops and the salmon as entrees. We were not disappointed. The scallops were amazing and the salmon was cooked perfectly. For dessert we had the strawberry shortcake/cheesecake and a special chocolate fudge covered peanut butter ice cream. We will be back again, and again!Special Features:
- A very lovely settingangus5678Dined on 8/8/2014I always like going to Indigo Landing because of its lovely setting and view. However, over the last few years, the menu has become increasingly less diverse and varied. Indeed it appears to be primarily oriented on catering to tourists. While the meals are well prepared and portions are appropriately sized, the pricing appears to be higher than is warrented.Special Features:
- OspreyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Nice spot, beautiful view, great setting, good beer. Ospreys are beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and Scenic Minus ServiceChampagneofbeers82Dined on 8/2/2014The restaurant was not completely filled when we arrived and sat down. However, they decided to place two sets of couples at a table literally 3 feet from us when there were many open tables around us. That was fine until they were extremely loud and wouldn't stop. we decided to move tables and apologized and gave reasoning but the hostess and the server were not thrilled and were rather put off. From there our new server was very reluctant to come to our table. Even though most of the restaurant was fairly open at this point. The service did pick up towards the end and he was a very nice gentleman. The food was excellent and the scenery was beautiful. I am glad we chose to eat here and hope to come back in the future.Special Features:
- Wonderful and fabulous ServiceSarahVIPDined on 8/2/2014The service was simply perfect and our meal was lovely but the setting is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Airport delightBEAUVIPDined on 8/2/2014Indigo Landing is a great place for outdoor dining - the view is spectacular. The service is very good. The food depending on what you order can vary from please take this back to very good. It is not a place to expect fine dining, however, it is a place for a nice evening. Stay with salmon, crab cakes, sandwiches and you will have an enjoyable meal - DO NOT order steak - their steaks are low quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Is A New Favorite RestaurantHappyDined on 7/31/2014If you are looking for an excellent restaurant for food, view, service, ambiance, this is it! You can dress up or be casual. It can be for a special occasion or just a change. My husband and I have had exceptional evenings out here, and I understand that the earlier bar scene is popular. I highly recommend making a reservation first. Enjoy! It doesn't get much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday!FoodablesDined on 7/31/2014This place was perfect for a birthday lunch. Easy to find, ample parking, great menu, good wine selection. Very reasonable given the quality of the food and the view. :)Special Features:
- The following 1309 reviews are from the Indigo Landing reviews archive.
- surpassed expectationsgluttonDined on 7/30/2014After reading various reviews I was very happily surprised by this experience. I chose it for the location, a great one for out-of-town visitors staying nearby. I thought the location would be wonderful - and it was. I thought the food and service would be okay - and both were way better than that. Both the hostess and the server were polite, considerate, efficient. The server was helpful with descriptions and recommendations. My visitors had the salmon which they praised highly. I had the scallops and they were done perfectly and served with just-right spinach and angel hair pasta. The salt-caramel chocolate cake shared three ways made a perfect finish. I'd return when convenience takes me in that direction, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dip wifeDipwifeVIPDined on 7/30/2014I have been to this restaurant several times, for both lunch and dinner. Every time I have eaten there, the service has been horrible. They seem to be disorganized, it takes FOREVER to get menus, drinks, etc, and even longer than forever to place an order and actually get your food. We had to ask for sugar for our iced tea. We had to ask for bread. On the positive side, the view of the Potomac River, National Airport and Washington, DC is terrific, and the outdoor seating is very nice. It is easier to get an outside table at lunch than at dinner. The interior of the restaurant is dated but pleasant. The only reason we go to this place is the view.Special Features:
- Great time had by allTaymyrDined on 7/26/2014This was our first visit to Indigo but it will certainly not be our last. Needed a "special place" for a dinner with out of town guests and this worked out perfectly. The reservation at 1845 was found by the hostess without any problem and our table was just as requested. The menu offered plenty of choices and the four of us each had something different than the others and each found their selection it to be well prepared, nicely presented, very tasty and reasonably priced. and the view was even better. A great evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FriendlyrelaxingDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful evening. All of our very specific dining requests were granted. Our walk on the grass after dinner was great for all of us.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedMissyDined on 7/26/2014We hadn't been in this spot in a very long time and decided to have dinner there early on a Saturday. The food was very good....the service was excellent, though it was not that crowded yet....but as we left the place was filling up quickly. The scallops and the salmon were cooked perfectly and very large portion sizes. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great ambianceCookieDined on 7/25/2014Indigo has perfect outside dining setting. Food was very good and the service excellent. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Apres Work: Friday on the DeckOysterLoverVIPDined on 7/25/2014Nothing beats cutting out of work early on a sunny, low humidity Friday in July... spending it on the outdoor deck at Indigo Landing made it even better! We enjoyed a relaxed few hours, reading work papers with a glass of wine in hand, followed by a wonderful sampling of various dinner items. Every time a jet departed from DCA, we pondered to what FUN adventure those folks were headed. We even got to "tink" to the lovely sun setting over the trees -- but be WARNED: once the sun sets, the buzzing mosquitoes come alive!Special Features:
- Bad steaks, great dessertslovessteakDined on 7/23/2014My companion and I had ordered steak. A New York strip and Filet Mignon. Both steaks were tough and tasteless. The manager made it right by giving us free desserts and taking the strip steak off my bill. The desserts were delicious! Even though I was disappointed with the steaks, I felt good when I left because the manager made it right.Special Features:
- AmbianceteamkhailDined on 7/23/2014Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable, the ambiance was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/23/2014In summer, we always take our out-of-town quests to dinner on the patio of Indigo Landing. The food is wonderful. The setting is beautiful. And we love to watch the planes taking off or landing at the airport.Special Features:
- Calm and delightful settingSarahVIPDined on 7/20/2014Service is alway excellent and the setting is beautiful. Sometime noisy because of the planes taking off but it still makes for an enjoyable evening. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great setting, okay restaurantDinerDined on 7/18/2014No doubt this is a beautiful setting in all seasons. The food is good -- not gourmet, really, but good -- and the prices are reasonable. Wine list is very limited and, although reasonably priced, lacks depth.Special Features:
- Nice Lunch OutdoorsLinLBDined on 7/18/2014A beautiful view across the river from DC. Enjoyed seafood and a pleasant afternoon with friends.Special Features:
- ServerAbebabeVIPDined on 7/16/2014Our waitress just celebrated her thirtieth anniversary working here. Her excellent service and food allergies accommodations proved that she adds values to the customer experience at Indigo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good return visitthedinersVIPDined on 7/13/2014We had a great time. The food was excellent as usual. The window table was great for seeing the DC skyline. Everyone was very friendly and kind.We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much activityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was great, the scenery was awesome, however we were seated in a room that was scheduled for a wedding reception and approximately halfway through our meal, we were disturbed by workers going in and out of the room to set-up the outside for the ceremony and the room we were seated in for the reception. I felt it was very poor planning on the restaurants fault to seat patrons in a room that you knew you needed to turnaround by a certain time for a special function. At one point we actually felt as if we were being rushed to vacate the room.Special Features:
- Never again2cat33Dined on 7/11/2014The Staff was below average. When I come to a restaurant and purchase a nice bottle of wine and spend over $200 on my dinner, I expect a knowledgable friendly staff! This was not the case! The restaurant was a ghost town for a Friday night other then the out door seating that apparently they didn't have enough servers tending to. The food was all premade!!! From our oysters that tasted like they came pre frozen to, our entres that tasted like something I could have gotten for $10 at Applebee's!! The dessert was a prepackaged Brownie as well!! I'm so disappointed! The website makes this place look fantastic! But the reality is it's an over priced restaurant that makes nothing in house! You are paying for the view..... And that is it!!!Special Features:
- Great food but slow service.WitecutterDined on 7/11/2014The menu has a little something for everyone, and everything we ordered was fantastic. Service was painfully slow however during our visit. Sitting on the patio was nice based on the weather, however shade is limited so avoid the outside on hot, sunny days. Best bet for eating outside is when the wind is from the north, as it provides a nice breeze not blocked by the building and also changed the traffic pattern of nearby Reagan Airport. If flights are taking off toward the north the sound is barely audible, but if they are leaving to the south it is very loud at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for 6 of uslunch4sixDined on 7/10/2014OpenTable did a great job on our luncheon reservations; we were seated outside at our favored table-- great views, nicely shaded from the bright sun, quiet; service was prompt and friendly; our food was overall very good, if not exceptional. I would definitely recommend Indigo Landing as a great place to go with a group or just with a date, and I would recommend OpenTable as a convenient way to make your reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlfriend LunchDCEdnaDined on 7/9/2014A friend and I try to get together a few times a year for lunch. She lives in Alexandria and has young children so I try to select places that are convenient for her. Our requirements are easy parking, decent food, and enough time to enjoy our lunch and each other's company before she has to pick up her children at their various schools or day camps. I hadn't been to Indigo in quite some time but on a beautiful summer day it was a great choice. The service, thank you Maria, was great and our cobb salads were quite nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KIshaPVIPDined on 7/6/2014The service is horrible. It started with the hostess and then moved on to the waiter. The hostess could not find the open table reservation so I had to go back and ask that she double check. She finally found it. The waiter was inattentive and slow. I spoke to manager. I would not recommend this place and/or the waitress.Special Features:
- Great summer outdoor spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/5/2014Indigo Landing has really improved their menu and food quality. And its location on the water is pretty unique. Its laid back and quiet, with the exception of all the airplanes landing next door!Special Features: