257 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.indiasofannapolis.com/
- Phone: 4102637900
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: Open all day 11:30am - closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian, Contemporary Indian
- Executive Chef: Zeenat Bhanot
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We can serve any size party or gathering; you can choose from the menu or we can offer some truly delicious additions to your event. Just call!
- Entertainment: Beautiful Indian music is played throughout the evening via a variety of CDs.
A word from India's
India's of Annapolis Restaurant is a full-service lunch and dinner experience. This restaurant is owned and managed by an Indian family and offers truly authentic and delicious Indian cuisine; one can soak in the ambience of the timeless Indian continent while enjoying a truly relaxed and elegant lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
India's reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (10)romantic (9)special occasion (9)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Food, Great Service!HungryManVIPDined on 8/19/2014I have regularly eaten Indian food in Boston and Santa Fe and India's Restaurant compares well to the best I've eaten! I've had entrees from Vindaloo to Chef's Special, several of the vegetarian dishes as sides, and their delicious naan and it has always been very good. And I've also had their soups and desserts and those are also real treats. The Owner is a great, friendly person and the service has always been impeccable! You really ought to try this restaurant if you haven't yet. I'll keep coming back!Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014We go to India's several times a month and it is a wonderful experience. The owners and staff are great, the food is superb.Special Features:
- DelightfulK0RYDVIPDined on 5/28/2014Excellent Service.. The mood was nice inside. We had a great server and the food was good; spicey and just right. The mago yogurt drink was my favorite. It is a must try!! India's was my first indian food experience and I was not disappointed!!Special Features:
- Best Dinner EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014This dinner was absolutely fantastic! The service was excellent, the food was heavenly, and the restaurant was pleasantly quiet with great artwork!Special Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/22/2014This is my husband's absolute favorite spot for Indian. He loves Vindaloo and swears that India's is the only place that makes it spicy enough! We always start off with an order of the Vegetable Samosa's. They are perfectly crisp on the outside and soft and slightly spicy inside. Our 4 year old loves this appetizer! Then it's Vindaloo for my husband, Channa Masala for our little guy and Chicken Tikka Masala for myself. The only part of the order we can never decide on is which type of bread to get because they are all so good! If it were up to my husband, we would eat India's every night! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Change of PaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014Delicious food, excellent service. From the Indian tea to the Naan it was all delicious. And it was served with service that has all but disappeared in many other restaurants. While this was our first time, it won't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation LunchWebsoftwareDined on 5/11/2014Easily accommodated our party of 11 and fed us well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's DayAlmaDined on 5/11/2014It was a great experience. Love the food. Waiters were great. Will definitely go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Restaurant!DeliciousFoodExpertDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant has been a family favorite for over a decade. The food is consistently fantastic and the restaurant is family-owned and so the owner is frequently there greeting and serving guests. The ambiance is quite nice as well and I recommend their buffet which they have 7 days a week.Special Features:
- The following 56 reviews are from the India's reviews archive.
- True Indian foodSue8888Dined on 4/25/2014If you've lived overseas and you're used to Indian food made by native Indians you will love this restaurant! Everything we tried was just as we expected or better. A great find! Very welcoming with personal attention from Kumar, the owner. Park in the Amos Street garage and have your parking validated before you leave. All around a really great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch but…OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014no complaints about the restaurant, owner, food, ambiance. We were lucky that the restaurant wasn't crowded because they didn't know that we were coming!Special Features:
- The food wqs just ok, nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014The food wqs just ok, nothing outstanding. The prices were very high for the little portions .. Our server never came to our table to see if the food was good or not. Only came to give us the check.
- SuperbDannyDined on 3/1/2014India's is the best restaurant for Indian food that we've ever enjoyed. The food was sublime. The waiters, the owner, all contributed to bring us what we found delicious. I ordered one dish, and the owner talked me out of it because it might be too spicy. His alternate was superb. We will return to this place often, it's especially close to the Maryland Hall.
- Indian at its bestZoninVIPDined on 2/21/2014The food and service were amazing. This is worth your eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everWalkinStickDined on 2/14/2014Food and service excellent. Try the vindaloo. Tried two wines by the glass, the Sauvignon blanc very good, the Malbec okaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time eating Indian cuisine.AnnapolisGuyDined on 2/14/2014~My girlfriend and I have lived in Annapolis for years however we have never ventured out to India's. I decided that this year for Valentines day to take her there as a surprise. From the looks of it quite a few other couples had the same idea. The restaurant was busy but the overall vibe was laidback. I could overhear another couple (obviously regulars) say they wished the restaurant was always ”this busy ”. ~Having never tried Indian food before we tried a mix of food (I believe it was actually called mixed grill). Everything was delicious and very well priced. We will definitely be going back. India's apparently has a lunch buffet. It sounds great and seems like a good idea for those trying to familiarize themselves with Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give it a tryMrsSVIPDined on 2/8/2014My husband agreed to try Indian food for the first time and he loved it. Next time i would try something Tandoori because it comes out sizzling on a plate. We had 6:30 reservations and the place was empty when we go there but almost every table was full when we left causing the service to be slow. $15.50 for a Kettle One Vodka and tonic is outrageous @ a restaurant. Stick with wine, which was $7. Beautiful light coverings on the wall, white tablecloths, and yummy naan bread. I had the lamb was good but chunks were a bit big, i would have preferred same meat amount just small piecesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice for any palateWayFoodieVIPDined on 2/6/2014India's has been a staple of town for over 20 years. The food, service, and friendliness of the owner have always been very good. This family owned establishment should not be overlooked when considering where to dine in Annapolis. It is conveniently located across from the Westin Hotel on West St. The restaurant will validate parking at the garage too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Indian FoodRickVIPDined on 1/17/2014A great place for Indian food in Annapolis. Tried three different and dissimilar entrées and was pleased with all three. Definitely on the rotation.Special Features:
- Awesome foodKelliDined on 1/11/2014Terrific food! Flavorful and just the right level of heat. The service was a little slow, but friendly. I highly recommend this place. The paratha bread (whole wheat) was amazing.Special Features:
- One of our Favorites!Lainey50Dined on 12/31/2013India's has been one of our favorite restaurants going back to when they were on Main Street. The fabulous aromas that you experience upon walking into the restaurant and delectable tastes are something we have been enjoying since the early 90s. We, of course, have our favorite dishes, like anyone else. We have know the owners Mr. Kumar and his son, Ragu since that time and we always look forward to dining at India's, knowing that the food, the wine, the service and the attention to detail will be excellent. We miss having them on Main St, which was closer as we used to walk to them. That being said, the location on West Street is easily accessible with ample parking. It has become our New Year's Eve dinner event... a tradition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our last meal at India's waseconguyDined on 12/31/2013Our last meal at India's was New Years Eve. Even though it was busy, the service and food were excellent as usual. The Mulligatawny soup was served nice and hot and it was very flavorful. The Samosas (appetizer) were large and very good as well. Entrees were large and great. The chicken vindaloo was very flavorful, although i wished there had been a few more potatoes. We didn't have room for dessert. We will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very nice time theNickDined on 11/29/2013We had a very nice time the owner was lovely and we really enjoyed his stories. The food was yummy and all three of us have a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room with tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2013The ambience was not there it simply was a room with tables. It was a very slow night so we were one of two tables being served and when the servers were not busy they sat in the restaurant and talked with each other. My vegetarian meal was ok I didn't finish it but my husband really liked his mixed grill dish and I have to say the flavor was very good. My son's shrimp dish was way too spicy and he had a hard time eating it. All in all the restaurant is ok and the food authentic but not the quality that I've come to expect in Annapolis.
- OutstandingMikeDined on 11/2/2013Food was magnificent, customer service was impeccable, and the ambiance was tremendous. Outstanding restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre concert finnerSueRDined on 10/31/2013India's--a favorite of ours for years, especially when guests are vegetarians or vegans or have special food needs. Because of its proximity to the Annapolis Symphony concert venue we make India's part of our concert evenings. We consider it the best Indian restaurant in Annapolis and enjoy it on other occasions as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, chilly serviceEatingLiteDined on 10/18/2013We ordered vegetarian thali for two. Food was very flavorful and fresh, but service was depressingly unfriendly. First plate was papadam with 3 delicious chutneys. Then they brought a small salad. We assumed that they would bring another soon. Nope. The main dishes were palak paneer, vegetable korma, and lentil dal. They offered additional rice, a nice touch. Two pieces of flat bread were fine. Dessert was a sweet rice and milk pudding with sliced almonds, which was tasty but there was only one medium-sized bowl with two spoons. We were very disappointed with the service. It was attentive but very cold and unwelcoming. Bottom line: Don't go to India's with someone you wouldn't want to share a bowl with. Don't expect friendly service.
- Great for a date night!marmalade23Dined on 9/13/2013The food was great. My date and I enjoyed the Chana Masala and a lovely Vegetable Korma. Both were seasoned just right so the flavors weren't overpowering or too spicy. The waiters were all very attentive and courteous. They checked in on us regularly and made sure we were happy. The only thing stopping me from rating this 5 stars is the fact the restaurant seemed a little too empty but that wasn't the fault of the restaurant. It was still a little empty for a Friday evening so it still took away from a bit of the atmosphere a bit.Special Features:
- Great Little FInd!Jhein12Dined on 9/13/2013First we were offered a cracker like bread with three dips- these were pretty good. My date and I both had the channa masala. It came with rice, was moderately spicey and plenty of food.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!!yummDined on 9/6/2013I have been going to India's my entire life and I love it. The food is amazing! We have tried lots of different items on the menu and have never been disappointed. The staff is great and Mr. Kumar is always wonderful to talk to. I can't wait to go back!! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian FoodFoodgkDined on 8/2/2013My husband and I went to celebate our Anniversary. The restaurant was very clean, fast service, but the food was lacking in taste........we were never offered a choice on how spicy we wanted out food. But over all it was a good place. Would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were not good varietyraj4444444Dined on 8/2/2013There were not good variety in the buffet. Even the menu order was horrible. Very badly organized. And almost no hospitality for welcoming you. Very bad experience!
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2013I'm not very experienced with Indian food, and was a bit nervous, thinking everything would be very hot and spicy. But I was pleasantly surprised to find milder dishes as well, and the chicken shahi korma was perfect! The staff are friendly and attentive, the decor is beautiful, and with the soft music in the background it was the perfect ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice SurprtseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2013Good food. nicely served. Our request for fast service because of a theater schedule was met with aplomb. As we left we decided it was in good competition for one or our favoritesSpecial Features:
- Good, not great.DinahDined on 6/8/2013This Restaurant is a solid 4 out of 5. The food was good, not great.....the service was good, not great, the atmosphere was nice and the price was decent. I'd definitely come again because even good Indian restaurants are hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came to meet our son. HeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2013We came to meet our son. He came from Baltimore. We came from the shore. The food was great, and we got great service from the owner.Special Features:
- Best Indian Food for many milesNoThanksVIPDined on 5/24/2013We have NEVER been disappointed at India's. The food and service is always top-notch. We had friends with us who had never been and they are going to bring their family when in town. Don't miss the Lamb Gosh!Special Features:
- OutstandingMcRayhartDined on 5/17/2013Great service, authentic Indian food, loved the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Indian Food Anyway! =)WeaponDined on 5/12/2013...they don't have to do anything but have some good food and India's does have very good food... I had the Spinach and Cheese Cubes...medium hot...was really good...Basmati was cooked to perfection.... Naan was very good as well...Mother's Day...4 people...Specialty Drinks...Dinner... $108.00 We all were happy to take out leftovers home, as we were stuffed ! =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place !!! TheLinkDined on 5/10/2013We love this place !!! The food is fantastic! The service is great. You can do no wrong going hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.