25 N Euclid
St. Louis, MO 63108Neighborhood:
Central West End
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rasoi.com/
- Phone: (314) 361-6911
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Jagdeep Kaur/ Harinder Singh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Options Available
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of the Central West End, Rasoi offers a colorful and elegant private dining experience. Our Elephant Room seats up to 45, while the full restaurant can seat up to 110. We will assist you in selecting a buffet-style or pre-set menu, complemented with our extensive wine list.
- Private Party Contact: Bernard D'Souza or Meg Kramer 3143616911
A word from India's Rasoi
India's Rasoi serves excellent Indian cuisine in the West End in St. Louis. The new location down a block from the old one has a beautiful interior design that is warm, cozy & inviting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
India's Rasoi reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/22/2014It's pretty good stuff. Fairly authentic, and has good variety of dishes. The Bollywood popper appetizer was quite delicious. Service was just ok though, seemed to forget about tables occasionally, but friendly for sure. Had a good time, and recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodlover1Dined on 11/9/2014The food was less good than in the past! Not spicy at all. The sadest part was, that the take out food is all miced together. So chicken vandaloo they mixed with chicken tikki masala. Such a pity as the one dish is supposed to be spicy and they other one not.
- Indian Food at it's bestChrisDined on 11/7/2014Delicious meal with many choices in all categories meat, fish and vege. Excellent nan too. Only complaint was that we couldn't eat it all. no room for desert. Waiter might have guided us to order less.Special Features:
- Great Food8anewDined on 10/18/2014Really good food. The lamb shank was tasty, but very hard to eat. The meat was hard to cut off the bone. The beef kababs were rather dry. The lamb chops were excellent, as were the prawns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014India's Rasoi served excellent, authentic Indian Food. Their Naan was fresh and hot and melted in your mouth. My husband had the lamb shank and it was tender and fell off the bone and seasoned perfectly. I had the vegetarian platter and everything on it was wonderful. Their quirky drink menu was great. I highly recommend the mango cosmopolitan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the Best Indian in STLMackenzieDined on 10/10/2014I read a lot of negative reviews before I went to Rasoi, which is all the more confusing now that I've been there. The service was absolutely great for the entirety of the dining experience, everyone at Rasoi worked diligently to make sure we felt welcome. The food was similarly excellent. My partner and I split Baingan Bharta and Aloo Matar, and we were especially impressed by the eggplant. I tried a bit of my partner's rose-flavored cocktail and I enjoyed that as well. The price is very reasonable for the portions, neither one of us could finish a dish by ourselves. I will say that the samosa appetizer was a little overpriced at $5 for two samosas, but that's the only thing I could think to criticize.Special Features:
- The food was goodVeggieloverDined on 9/20/2014My first time here and my friend's first time at an Indian restaurant. The waiter was weird...discouraged us from getting the "meal" combos - which was great.. Then didn't check on us after food arrived....i needed a fork. When time for dessert he tried to sway our decision. Very weird. My friend thinks it was because there were no men at the table. It's possible...different culture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe Just An Off NightlolatwinkletoesVIPDined on 9/1/2014We really like India Rasoi but the other night things were just off. The Vegetable Biryani was not good - neither of us ate it - and we mentioned it to the waiter expecting to have it taken off the check but it wasn't, which was disappointing at $12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014A friend and I went to Rasoi after a visit to the St. Louis Art Museum. It was quiet, service was very good, and the food was wonderful as well. Would recommend Rasoi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOKfoodDined on 8/10/2014Service was very good but a little slow delivering the food. But the food made it worth the wait. Outstanding presentation and flavor.Special Features:
- First timers welcomeDinerDonnaDined on 8/2/2014We were unfamiliar with Indian cuisine and were apprehensive. As it turned out we were guided through the menu by our server, Santos. All in all we enjoyed everything we chose and will definitely return to sample more of their delicious dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 170 reviews are from the India's Rasoi reviews archive.
- sA1983Dined on 7/10/2014Great food. Nice waiter who was patient with questionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Northern Indian foodtwodocsDined on 7/1/2014My husband and I took two friends here for dinner, one from India. We eat in Indian restaurants frequently, and we always seek out Indian restaurants when we travel. My husband said that the food at Rasoi was so good that we might be in a different city trying out a new restaurant. We had two dishes we had not seen before, one a spinach puree with peas and another a chicken kebab where the chicken was a bright green. What a treat!Special Features:
- Solid dining experienceGAry1392VIPDined on 5/30/2014Always consistent in service and friendliness, most dishes are well prepared and presented. They have some unusual cocktails (like Tamarind Margaritas). We find this a comfortable place to go that is always good to very-good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksRicoNKevinDined on 5/25/2014Everything was great, as always ! Looking forward to dining there again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian FeastPattiDined on 5/24/2014We enjoyed the lobster dosa, a crispy crepe with rich spicy filling. The feast for 2 is a great variety of delicious items that makes the decision making process easy!Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceMonikaMay17Dined on 5/17/2014Reservation was easy, everything was ready for us, friendly hosts and waiters, great menu tasty food. Overall a great experience!Special Features:
- The gem of the Central West EndShellBellDined on 5/5/2014When India Rasoi was just a tiny little storefront around the corner it was amazing, but ever since they moved onto Euclid it's been my favorite dinner spot. The décor is beautiful and creates a great mood. The wait staff is more than accommodating. Best yet, the food retained the authentic flavor it had when it was just a tiny little mom/pop place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicedineNdashDined on 1/3/2014Had dinner here with a group of four. The wait staff was incredible. Very helpful and even joked around a little. The food was great and had wonderful options for my girlfriend that is a vegetarian. Very pleased with overall experience and would definitely repeat. Pricing was reasonable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rasoi has a really nice menucarocaliDined on 11/23/2013Rasoi has a really nice menu with great eats! The samosas were puffy and delicious and the fish curry had a lovely flavor. We also tried the eggplant dish that infused a smokiness very well. Mango creme brulee and Kheer ended the meal and both were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian FoodBillikenDined on 10/25/2013This was our first time to this restaurant. Very much liked the food. I am a vegetarian; my wife is not. We both found plenty of selections on the menu. Service was a little slow and, initially, our waiter was not very friendly, but he warmed up by the end of the evening. Will definitely go back. FYI - there is convenient public parking right next to the restaurant and it was not expensive.
- It happened to be a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2013It happened to be a great night to sit on the patio; long relaxing dinner where we were not rushed but attended to at a comfortable pace. Always consistent I. Flavor, presentation and tenured friendly servers. The spices, textures, temperatures of every dish were on point. Highly recommend the mango cosmos and vegetable chittnand, my favorites.Special Features:
- No real complaints.tjordanDined on 6/11/2013Staff were attentive, outside tables available on the sidewalk (near the parked cars), many bread options, appropriate to vegetarians.Special Features:
- Great Vegetarian IndianJustyDined on 6/8/2013We went here on date night for a vegetarian meal and the waiter was able to give us great recommendations. We tried the vegetarian sampler which had a wide variety of Indian favorites and was really delicious. Just go hungry because the portions are huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five *OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013Several in our party had never had Indian food. The waiter was very helpful. The food was delicious. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Food was very good. One thingNotafanofNicheDined on 3/30/2013Food was very good. One thing I was disappointed by was the restaurant making samosas in the morning so by dinner time they didn't as good as they could have. Reheating/frying causes the dough to harden. They made good on it however, but just wanted that authentic taste!
- Very unprofessional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013Our server was very unprofessional. She brought out one entree and then 15 minutes later the other arrived. She only came back twice to check on us the whole time we were there. She brought our check about half way through our meal. We let it set on the table because we were not finished eating yet. She came by twice to pick up the check and I had to tell her that we had not finished yet. The THIRD time she came back she told us that 'she was off work over an hour ago and she needed to finish her paperwork.' We were not asked if we wanted dessert or another cocktail. I finally signed our check and we left. Very rude and terrible service. It was a first date and the service we received ruined our evening. Highly unlikely to refer.
- Make sure you read your coupons !RicoNKevinDined on 3/10/2013Good food, but very strict on coupons. They do not bend the rules like some establishments do. Therefore, won't go there again anytime soon, but they have a good buffet.Special Features:
- My favorite Indian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/8/2013My favorite Indian restaurant anywhere! Great food, knowledgeable service, comfortable ambience and perfect location.Special Features:
- When my coworkers and I goOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2013When my coworkers and I go out to lunch, everyone always wants to go to Rasoi. The food is excellent, the ambiance relaxing and the wait staff was very attentive.Special Features:
- Great place to eat - even when busyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2013The place was packed with people, so the staff was very busy - not the standard ever present watchful eye of the staff, but still great, given the flow. All in all (like always) a very pleasant experiance. Brought my parents from out of town and they loved it!Special Features:
- Nice restaurant with greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Nice restaurant with great food. The service was a bit slow on Valetine's Day though. Likely it'd be better on other days.Special Features:
- The lunch buffet was veryLuncherVIPDined on 1/31/2013The lunch buffet was very good. Great combination of foods all served hot! Staff was very attentive with drinks and clearing plates. Definitely recommend for good Indian food!Special Features:
- Great place for many occasions!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013I had a wonderful experience at India's Rasoi. I love love love Indian food and am an avid foodie so this was a real delight for me! I love that there is an online reservation option but even despite this, we were sat very quickly, and on a Saturday night no less! The ambiance in the whole place is very modern and chic but not stuffy. It was actually not too cold in there so I was able to sit and relax and actually enjoy my food. The server was very nice and attentive. He was a little slow coming over to us to get out food order but I appreciate that he didn't hover. The staff overall was polite and professional. The food was amazing! I ordered the samosas as an appetizer and it was delicious! The vegetarian dish I ordered was also great!Special Features:
- Great Intro to Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Enjoyed the meal. Server was MOST helpful. It was nice to be able to make reservations online!Special Features:
- Great location, comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/28/2012Great location, comfortable ambience, wel rounded menu, and outstanding service make Rasoi one of our favorite restaurants anywhere.Special Features:
- Met my friend for dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Met my friend for dinner, it was our first time there. The decor was nice. Service was a little slow and not very present. Luckily, we didn't need anything. We got the feast for two. Plenty of food and some to take home. The garlic cheese naan was amazing. Also, the half off bottles of wine were a nice bonus! (We went on Thursday).
- We arrived at 6pm as plannedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012We arrived at 6pm as planned and were received and seated promptly. The server made good suggestions for appetizers and drinks. Our table was located such that every time restaurant door was opened, a blast of cold air would hit us. So some tables, including one we selected, would not be the best choice on cold wintery nights. Appetizers and drinks were very good. The food followed shortly and was excellent. Indian dishes can be laden with gravy and can get heavy. All items we ordered were devoid of excess fat and tasted fresh and tasteful and certainly unlike the typical Indian restaurants serving North Indian food. Overall ambiance is nice and upscale. we would highly recommend Rasoi.Special Features:
- Service and food both outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2012Service and food both outstanding - as expected based on previous visits. The staff make me feel like a valued friend!Special Features:
- The food waiter took goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/8/2012The food waiter took good care of us. The appetizers were great and the food was spiced just right. I really like the lamb vindaloo.Special Features: