New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.indiancafenyc.com/
- Phone: 2127499200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30AM - 5:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 12:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Puskar Basnet Chhetry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available for all occassions. Please contact us for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining hall for 20 guests The restaurant is also available for rent on special occassions
- Private Party Contact: Sam 2127499200
- Entertainment: Soft Indian music played daily Sunday 4-6pm poetry reading organized by Harlem Readers
A word from Indian Cafe
Join us for authentic Indian cuisine in a soothing atmosphere of warm hues and beautiful floral arrangements. We’ve been a neighborhood fixture for over 18 years and invite you to try our Chef's Chicken Malai, Navrattan Korma, Saag Paneer and other succulent dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Indian Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Tasty, fresh Indian food inOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/11/2013Tasty, fresh Indian food in a pleasant setting. This is a go-to place for very well made food at a reasonable price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I enjoyed anCityMouseDined on 5/18/2013My husband and I enjoyed an early dinner on a Saturday. The food is nicely prepared here. I loved my salmon kebab dish but I had asked in advance about the level of spiciness and was told it was moderately spicy. I found it to a bit hotter than that and while I enjoyed it, it was beyond my spice level tolerance. All the food is very flavorful. This is a great place for a slightly different style of Indian food.Special Features:
- I ordered the chicken tikkaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2013I ordered the chicken tikka masala it was not creamy at all. I was a little disappointed. However, it was the best nan I have had in a long time.
- We have been to this cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/6/2013We have been to this cozy Indian cafe several times. The food is consistently good -- nicely presented and delicious -- although I wish the Tikka Paneer had more than just a couple of pieces of cheese. Occasionally, we found ourselves hunting for a server but most of the time the staff was attentive. We think it's a good value and we'll be back.
- Poor IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/31/2012This place is terrible. The food is not fresh, bland and it is not well prepared.
- Food and service were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Food and service were both incredible! I will be back!Special Features:
- It's not a fancy place butOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/16/2012It's not a fancy place but we've been coming here for years and it has some of the best Indian food in the city; and price to quality perhaps the best. They do tone down the spicy heat, so if you like it hotter you'll have to ask. Very friendly service as well.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner, with pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Excellent dinner, with pleasant service and ambiance. We'll be back!Special Features:
- One of the best indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2011One of the best indian food tried in my life (in the 5 bests over about 60 trials around the world). Service is kind, polite and fast. There is a sertion with a excellent outside view. There is not a large amount of seats, therefore this is, I suppose, why the place is quiet.Special Features:
- We came here unexpectedlyCTNYC1VIPDined on 11/24/2011We came here unexpectedly on Thanksgiving for lunch. We will be back. The food was excellent aand thhe staff and service was great. Sam greeted us with warmth and made suure we were well taken care of.Special Features:
- great attention from staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/16/2011great attention from staff. tasty food. came on a monday night so it wasn't too crowded and we were able to stay as long as we liked. good atmosphere.Special Features: