India West by Ross Duggal
5290 Beltline Road #114
Dallas, TX 75254Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
India West by Ross Duggal
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.indiawest.us/
- Phone: 9725035000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Fri: 11:00am - 2:30pm Sat - Sun: noon - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer off site caterings for different hotels in the area. We cater to any special gatherings from 25 people up. We will help you pick out a menu for your event and leave the rest to us.
- Private Party Facilities: The Oval Room, designed to seat up to 50 guests provides an ideal space for business meetings or more intimate parties, offering added privacy and seclusion. The room includes a built in Screen with LCD Projector, a private restroom and pocket doors for ultimate privacy. We can customize a menu for any event with a range of Prix-Fixe menu options for formal dining and cocktail receptions. This room is the perfect opportunity to have private parties, Wedding Rehearsals, Birthday Parties and Wedding Anniversaries.
- Private Party Contact: Ross 9725035000
- Entertainment: Enjoy Live Piano Music Every Friday & Saturday with a Delectable Menu Selection.
A word from India West by Ross Duggal
India West, a journey into an eventful and unique dining experience elaborating on authentic northern Indian cuisine, created by chefs who have been born and raised in the area, concentrating on an array of unique and indigenous spices and cooking preparations and methods that brings to the forefront a complete respect to our ideology and cuisine. We invite you to join us and let us transport you to another world by featuring to your table the amazing flavors, the incredible aromas, the astonishing preparations and without a doubt the most relaxed atmosphere this side of India itself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
India West by Ross Duggal reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (8)romantic (7)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Was I in an Indian restaurant?Concost4444Dined on 10/16/2014Not a bad place, staff were very good. However the food although good. Wasn't exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent upper scale indian foodeusmjrDined on 8/24/2014A decent example of Indian food with an American fusion twist. Best dish by far was the bacon wrapped prawns. Also recommended (if you like spicy) is the ceviche.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably not returning...T0m03Dined on 8/23/2014Not entirely sure if my experience would have been different if I hadn't visited this place for Restaurant Week... Made reservations and when I got there, the place was pretty empty. Cool. I really liked the ambiance. A BIG plus for the two signs outside the door prohibiting cell phone use and loud children. I really wanted to like this place... But the service was really slow. There were multiple times the host/waiter had forgotten about us. Maybe they were short staffed that night but it shouldn't take us two full hours to enjoy dinner anywhere unless they had to wait for some chickens to hatch eggs.Special Features:
- Unexpected surprisethanxDined on 8/22/2014First time visit. We were very impressed. We had a very enjoyable 2 hour meal. No rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Welcome, Slow Service, Mild FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014No host to welcome us. 10 minute wait, then I wandered into the kitchen to find someone. Missed the reservation note so no acknowledgement of our special occasion. Service was painfully slow, server's check-ins oddly timed, he apologized throughout the night for all the delays and reminded us several times he was new. My VERY SPICY dish showing up completely mild. Server apologized (again) and brought some "salsa" for it. Also not spicy, so I asked him to take it back. He left to talk to the chef and came back with some sliced Serrano peppers for me. That's their answer to providing a spicy Indian dish! Finally, check came, they applied 20% auto-grat POST-TAX! So a $45 tip on terrible service experience. Delightful.
- Not kebab n Kurry, just as greatRRRDFWDined on 7/31/2014Have been to related restaurant, kebab n Kurry many times and love it. Decided to take wife and another couple for birthday celebration. Food, service, ambiance, everything was just great. Although there are some similar menu items, most are uniquely different. All are very good. If you love kebab n Kurry but looking for better atmosphere, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SweetlemonsDined on 7/5/2014It was so great the server was so nice. He explained the food on the menu very well when I asked! We were treated like royalty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 130 reviews are from the India West by Ross Duggal reviews archive.
- A HIDDEN GEMPatsyDined on 6/14/2014Can't believe this GEM has been in business for 5 years and we didn't know about it. Terrible advertising! The food was simply incredible.....yum.....had no idea that it was available outside of LONDON! We can now be considered REGULARS!Special Features:
- First Time Ate Indian FoodPlanofamilyDined on 5/2/2014Great selection of items. We took friends who were not sure about trying Indian food but they really enjoyed it. Very high-quality. Good service. Wine list is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Indian Place in DallasDiner214Dined on 5/2/2014The hubby and I go here all the time. Couple this with a movie at Look across the street and you have a perfect date night! The table side Cesar is outstanding, the chicken jalfreze is amazing and love their sides and naan. Also enjoy the elegance of the restaurant. A real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian FixRookDined on 4/5/2014My wife and I love Indian food and hadn't found anything in Dallas worth raving about. An Indian friend recommended Indian West and we were really very impressed with the high quality of the food. Everything tasted authentic. Our wait person Sarah was charming and we enjoyed talking with her and AJ. A great Saturday night experience that we will repeat soon.Special Features:
- Elegant and deliciousKerryVIPDined on 3/28/2014India West is among my favorite restaurants. The service is always solicitous. The menu is diverse and interesting. They offer a very good selection wines, even by the glass. The meal is served at a leisurely pace - never hurried. And the sorbet after dinner is a very nice touch.Special Features:
- A bit Classy for us simple FolkAshtonAngelaDined on 2/15/2014Food was pricey, a few communication errors, most of the food was good, the rest was great(LAMB!) One thing that was different is that India West does not allow cell phone usage. Food and drinks took forever. Probably will not go there again, but will recommended to our richer friends... haha do not have any. YET.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Valentine Day nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/14/2014Service Valentine Day night was not as great as it usually is. The set menu was okay. Any other time the food is amazing and service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK - Faster service neededOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food at India West wasn't too bad - fair. Having more wait staff would have cut down on the lengthy time it took to served. When you are forced to pay a 20% gratuity and the service isn't impeccable,you feel like you are being ripped off.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2014The food was great. Very interesting fusion of different cuisines while still keeping the Indian theme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthdayTXDinerDined on 1/15/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner (he loves Indian food, I do not) and immediately was impressed. The restaurant is nice, clean, and smells fabulous. The menu looked delicious and, with some help from our server, we both ended up with absolutely incredible dinners. I got the mahi mahi kurry and my boyfriend got the lamb vindaloo. They were really helpful to prepare the dishes to our liking (in regards to heat especially) and it was an absolutely wonderful evening. I don't like Indian food (usually) but India West was an exception. We WILL be back. The service, the food, and the ambience were all outstanding. Thanks for making our celebration special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional MealBill75034Dined on 1/3/2014We brought two friends who are Indian food fanatics to India West just after New Year. The meals we ordered were wonderful. We pronounced the Chicken Tikka Masalas and both Korma's as the best Indian food we had collectively ever eaten. The cocktails were prepared with equal skill, and were delicious. Service and attention the manager personally gave made us feel welcome and valued as customers. Very highly recommended for any occasion, special or just want some great Indian.Special Features:
- New Years Eve DinnerBrannaganDined on 12/31/2013Food was fantastic. A little overpriced. Great service. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining with an Indian AccentKerryVIPDined on 12/27/2013We had a fabulous dining experience at India West. The menu had something for every taste, including those unfamiliar with Indian cuisine. India West pays attention to every detail. Excellent wine choices...even by the glass. Appetizers ranging from Caesar salad to Indian street food (yummy!). Entrees prepared with delicate sauces. A hand towel following diner and a delightful lemon sorbet. We can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:
- Indian food meets white tableclothpclineVIPDined on 12/25/2013India West is a higher-end experience combining great food with solid service and a nice environment. You get the feeling that the staff, top to bottom, genuinely cares. The restaurant is everything their website promises and it's easy to see why they win so many awards. The rack of lamb is awesome,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always have a good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2013We come there on date nights at least once a month. We really like their service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian FoodTronadorDined on 9/7/2013More interesting menu items than any Dallas Indian restaurant. India Palace is the only competition but this place is more elegant. Will be back for sure. Sad to say that there were not many people there on a Saturday night. Hope this place can stay in business. Everything we ordered was great .Great service as well. Little touches befitting a top class restaurant were appreciated. I'd eat here every week but my wife doesn't like spicy food as much as I do!Special Features:
- LovenatemelcoopDined on 8/24/2013We went as a group of girls for restaurant week and loved everything about it. The ceviche optional course is must have- amazing! We all got different items and loved everything we had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceGumDocVIPDined on 8/24/2013As usual the food and service was top notch. Not your typical Indian restaurant. Consider it gourmet Indian. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayRestaurantVisitor08Dined on 8/23/2013Ambiance is great as is service. Our server was prompt and attentive to our needs. The manager/owner made sure to introduce himself and check on us for each course. I arrived with 2 friends for Restaurant Week. We started off by ordering a cocktails, which was excellent in taste. In general the food itself was okay, kind of disappointing for the price. The appetizers and dessert were good, but the main dish left much to be desired. My eggplant was all gravy with 2 tiny pieces of eggplant. It was advertised to be stuffed with cream cheese and paneer; however the eggplant wasn't even thoroughly cooked or seasoned and only 1 piece had a small drop of cheese inside. If I'm not that hungry, I may give this place another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such personal attention!DineDrinkDishVIPDined on 8/20/2013Our first visit made a lasting impression, thanks to personal attention from Kebab N Kurry pioneer Chef A.J. Duggal in the front of the house. He was a warm, informative guide through delectable courses prepared by Chef Owner - & son - Ross Duggal. We had an enlightening discourse on Indian cuisine & how their SO-fresh ingredients are sourced and prepared. Chef shared how spices vary based on where they're sourced & ordered samples brought to our table so we could experience the differences. The lamb (New Zealand) was tender in our mouths, the prawns and ceviche delicious, and the Chicken Tikka Masala most tasty (which inspired me to up the spice level next time!) End with Kheer Badami and Kashmiri tea... you won't want to leave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A friend recommended we visitbrotherbobndfwDined on 8/17/2013A friend recommended we visit as part of Restaurant Week. Excellent recommendation.Special Features:
- Try new on Restaurant Week!AtticusDined on 8/16/2013Have had outstanding meals previously at Kenny's Wood Grill and Chamberlains, so back to Belt Line in Addison to India West. It may be the best "find" yet. Presentations were good, food was even better, and they didn't skimp for their pre fixe menu on Restaurant Week. We will be back!Special Features:
- Eggplant was undercooked,CageDined on 8/15/2013Eggplant was undercooked, some of the dishes were over salted. Service was very good, naan was wonderfully fluffySpecial Features:
- Second time for restaurant weekDeliciousDined on 8/14/2013This is the second time we go for restaurant week, other tan the naan that is given at the beginning the food is superb! i will coming to this place, highly recommended!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/13/2013We had never been to India west before. I have to say it was awesome. The food was spectacular so flavorful , the lamb dishes are so tender you don't even need a knife and the chicken is so juicey. We will be reining there very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!KavitaDined on 8/12/2013It was hands-down the best Indian food I have ever eaten. It was a really special treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestSteveDined on 7/16/2013We have been eating Indian for a while. Food here is the best me and my wife had so Far. Chef Ross is doing a great job. Will be there SoonI would recommend this to a friend.
- High end Indian with great food.foodieDined on 7/2/2013What a great Indian restaurant. You can feel the freshness of ingredients used by Chef Ross.Attentive but not overbearing service and a great ambience. I don't think of this place as a standard Indian restaurant. It rivals the finest Indian places in NY and London.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome,Classy, Beautiful.suzzDined on 7/1/2013Chef Ross creates great dishes. Feels great here. The music, the lights, the ambience, off course the food, its all amazing. This is truly delicious and authentic Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGSabrinaDined on 6/30/2013Indiawest is truly a world class restaurant. A great place to take your best people. The finest Indian fare. I have been to India many times and also eaten Indian all over U.S. May say they r the best. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was maybe a little misled...sd1289Dined on 6/16/2013This was Father's Day so it was all about me. There were three in our group of five that didn't really care for spicy (hot) foods. I knew there would be plenty of other things available that wouldn't be too hot. One advertised item was kabob skewers. Never saw them on the buffet. I consider the spinach paneer dish to be a staple at nearly all Indian meals and it was missing from this buffet. I just would have liked to have had that. They were about 15 minutes late being able to serve. We arrived at exactly 11:30 which was when it was to have begun. There were complimentary mango margaritas that were ok. The tequila in them didn't taste like a high quality tequila. All in all it was pretty good and a good bargain at $18/person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/26/2013This is an upscale version of Indian food. The owner is the founder of Kebab n Kurry in Richardson which serves the most authentic Indian food in town. We were impressed and will be back.Special Features:
- Good restaurant but costlyvishalDined on 5/19/2013We went as a group to India West, found it good but pretty costly. We were 4 adults and 3 kids with us and they charged me 20% service charge which was pretty high and I didn't like it. Good part is food was good , for which we went there. overall we enjoyed there, my kids liked the food . Simple sanitary things were missing like a wet hand towel before start of food. there was only one attender for 4-5 tables so service was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.