1060 Hope Street
Providence, RI 02906Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.indiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4014212600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Buffet Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering menu available on our website.
- Private Party Facilities: Huge Parties or Private Events, we can handle the catering needs.
- Private Party Contact: Ajay 4014212600
- Entertainment: Free Natural Henna Tattoos by our Henna artists are available every Friday and Saturday evenings starting 7pm.
Far Eastern Belly-Dancing performances every Friday and Saturday evenings starting 7:30pm
- Special Events: Private dining spaces available for special events.
A word from India Restaurant
India is an elegantly designed restaurant featuring beautiful dining rooms, a bar with over 200 candles, and special private seating with cozy fireplaces for intimate occasions. Voted among the 10 Best Places for Alfresco Dining by Providence Monthly, India boasts sweeping front patio views of Blackstone Boulevard and Hope Street along with swing seat dining in the quaint back garden courtyard. Voted "Best Indian Restaurant" for over 12 years the menu features an extensive selection of vegetarian, meat and seafood delights. A variety of fun and exotic summer drinks including their jumbo margaritas makes this a local hangout since 1995.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
India Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
India Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (39)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (21)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (16)great for brunch (14)good for groups (13)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Great food and wonderful service. Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously Goodkrssy215Dined on 8/16/2014We've dined here before--but took my parents for the first time on Saturday night. It was their first experience eating Indian food--and even my dad who is notoriously unadventurous with food, completely enjoyed! My mom who is very carb conscious loved that she could replace the rice with the Kale and Cucumber salad with her curry. My dad and I enjoyed the Biranyani (and I'm pretty sure I just spelled that wrong), while my husband enjoyed the lamb kabobs--we even ordered off the Doggie menu for a little treat for our furry friend who was at home! I think he enjoyed his chicken and rice too! Really a treat for the entire family!Special Features:
- Very Nice ExperienceFoodGuruDined on 8/13/2014Although a little on the louder side, volume was very typical of an after work crowd in an upscale eatery. My waitress was superb, and I didn't notice anyone perturbed about bad service. I love Indian cuisine, and this place didn't disappoint with their curry dish. I would definitely recommend it, and will go back if I ever get back to Providence.Special Features:
- Good FoodOnthehuntDined on 8/2/2014Good food and if you can go on a weekend night you'll get to see the belly dancer. It was a good time had by all.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinnerkimferro1546Dined on 7/27/2014We had a most wonderful dinner at your restaurant celebrating my daughter's 16th birthday with 2 of her girlfriends and their mothers...a "Girl's night out". The food was delicious and the server (a lovely woman with a ?Spanish accent) was exceptional! We were so full we did not order dessert but were served a complimentary mango banana split with candles.....and a Happy Birthday Chorus sang to the Birthday Girl! We did manage to polish off the dessert!! We took a peak out in the patio in back and we are sure to try that next time....it was so beautiful with swing seats and beautiful flowers everywhere. Thank you so much for a fun evening out!!!! We will surely be back.....with the boys the next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJaycobVIPDined on 7/26/2014Celebrated my birthday with my family. It was all around an amazing evening. We sat in the garden with half the table being a booth and the other having swings for seats. The food was spectacular, seasoned really well. We got Henna tattoos from a lovely young lady, we missed the belly dancer but will be back to catch the show (only during weekend for both) Dessert was scrumptious, definitely coming back. Thanks for the amazing attentive service and for being so warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceDining4theDinerDined on 7/22/2014The food here is consistently tasty and interesting. Unfortunately, the service is hit or miss. During the last visit, it took five or more minutes before wait staff even greeted us, let alone bring water or other drinks. Best to go for the buffet, where one is not so dependent on prompt service.Special Features:
- EntertainingMlovesmDined on 7/19/2014I booked for the place with my fiancé, we arrived early and ended up needing the reservation which was nice. The manager or owner urged us to sit outside in their courtyard -- it was beautiful! You are seated either in a regular chair or a swing chair, there are many beautiful flowers around and a relaxing fountain, I would recommend sitting there on a beautiful afternoon/evening. We left earlier than we wanted only due to impending rain, but just as we left the belly dancer was coming to perform! There is also free henna painting inside. We did not order any drinks, but they seemed to have a good selection. The food came in very large portions, but for me the atmosphere stole the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as alwaysVetazaDined on 7/15/2014We've been dining at India for a number of years now and never are disappointed. This latest time was superb, as always. The staff were attentive and efficient, the food marvelous, and the pricing extremely fair. We recommend India highly to all of our friends and acquaintances. A special surprise this time was a discount applied to all entrees on Tuesday through Thursday nights!Special Features:
- Great first experienceluv2eatDined on 7/15/2014This was our first time dining at India. I had very little experience with Indian food. The ambience was great with beautiful outdoor seating. The waitress couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. She helped us with our order and her recommendations were perfect! I started with a Pear martini that was very good. appetizers were samosas and a basket of naan breads( all varieties). My favorite were the ginger & honey and pesto. I chose the chicken masala entrée and my husband ordered the kebob platter. Everything was delicious and we will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Consider the restaurant a dining adventure, lived up to my expectations. Had never had Indian food so it was a very delightful experience. Make sure to request patio seating in the rear of the restaurant, a very beautiful location.Special Features:
- noOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Not a good experience 2 nd time around the cook must have been different the first time out steak was tender and marinated lots of flavor this time tont hard cubes of steak overcooked and only 2 tiny cubesSpecial Features:
- Not as good as usual...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/1/2014We came for the soccer special. Our original waiter kept mumbling so much we had to have him keep repeting himself. He eventually just abandoned us and other waitstaff in the restaurant just helped our table when we needed something.Special Features:
- Indian Restaurant FoundLenfaganDined on 6/29/2014We have been looking for an excellent Indian restaurant and now have found it in India.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little SpotPhilDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I loved the outdoor patio garden area. Tables were under trellises, and the seats on one side of the tables were swings. The food was excellent! The jumbo margaritas (20 oz) were too big. Next time we'll order one and share it. We love Indian food, and have been to many Indian restaurants. This is the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDinerDined on 5/17/2014Food and service were fantastic. Cosmo was a little weird but I don't blame the restaurant for that; wine was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikenclaireDined on 5/11/2014We had a great meal on Mother's Day. My wife grew up in England and she loves Indian food. Over there you find Indian restaurants everywhere. she grew up in a small village in northern England and there's an Indian restaurant right in the village center right next to the pub. I wanted to do something special for her on Mother's Day and this fit the bill.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunch BuffetnickysticksDined on 5/11/2014Went in for a late-ish lunch on Mother's Day. Outside seating was very popular. We sat inside but right near the doors to the patio, which made for a pleasant atmosphere. The buffet food was excellent, as were the frozen drinks (I had the mudslide myself). Drink service was a little slow as they were busy, but overall the staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was great. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014Good variety - always amazing service - great outdoor spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best IndianCellis89Dined on 5/9/2014So delicious. The naan is perfect, the currie dishes are my favorite. Apps are good. But I may be frequenting this place over the summer just for The mango colada!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 192 reviews are from the India Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great foodRob1764VIPDined on 4/29/2014I have been to India several times for dinner and my favorite dishes are: The spicy Biryani, the Sirloin Kebob and the Lamb Chops. All of them are outstanding. The meats, I order medium rare and the juiciness and tenderness of the meat is just crazy good. The Kale salad that comes with the kebob entrees is fresh, light and delicious. The Basmati rice is a great side to the kebobs. The service is nice and polite. Attentive and non intrusive. The decor is very soft and cozy with some Bollywood movies in the main dining area.Special Features:
- Never Disappointednam58Dined on 4/25/2014Have been on several occasion had family in from Texas and we brought them to India for their first time... they loved it - authentic- great menu choices- food delicious- - service was great- prices reasonable.....Special Features:
- Not bad123qweasDined on 4/20/2014Pleasant dining, comfortable seating. The service is attentive and friendly. The food is tasty but a couple items were overcooked when we went last time to the Sunday buffet. Time before they had a seafood special that was perfect. This is a tasty change of pace place for us we go to periodically. Try the alcoholic "Tea" , very good but practice restraint. They will sneak up on you. Wife likes the Mamosa's.Special Features:
- First Time VisitDavidDined on 4/15/2014Wife and I visited India on a Tuesday night. Service was a bit slow but waitress seemed to be waiting on many tables. Waitress was very friendly and overall atmosphere was very relaxing. Red Sangria was excellent as was Aloo Tikki and Lentil Spinach soup. Naan Pizza ad Aloo Gobhi were good but we'd probably try other dishes on the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRob1764VIPDined on 4/8/2014I had the sirloin kebob and it was tender, moist and flavorful. Service was attentive and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkNewToProvidenceDined on 4/6/2014The food was great, but the service was lackluster. Maybe its because I went there mid day and not during a night rush? Idk... our waiter was kind of a space cadet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2014healthy food - tasty - we go there all the time - the favorite place to eat with my teenagersSpecial Features:
- Service and food were excellent,VetazaDined on 3/14/2014Service and food were excellent, as always. It was a very busy night for the staff but they handled the flow well. We highly recommend this restaurant to all of our friends.Special Features:
- Amazing Indian Flavors in ProvidencJLCampyDined on 3/8/2014My husband & I decided to look for a new Indian restaurant. We had heard about India, but had never tried it. Our experience was fabulous. The flavors were excellent, selections abundant. Our server was very good; he remembered our orders without writing them down...he was very attentive....our drinks came within 5 minutes of ordering and our appetizer arrived within 10 minutes in spite of the restaurant being busy. We arrived at 5 pm for dinner. By the time we left at 6 pm, many of the tables were already filled. We'll be back.Special Features:
- ConsistentRubyDined on 3/7/2014Food and service is consistent. Service is genuine, with smile and food is delicious. Sangria is a little weak, that is my only constructive feedback.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodNathanVIPDined on 3/5/2014I tend to get the same thing and I've been to almost every Indian restaurant in Providence so far. The food here is consistently good and the flavors can't be beat. The chicken biryani is the best I've had in Providence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for big groupKrisDined on 2/28/2014We had a big group of old friends so we can get a little loud. This is a great place because we don't feel like we are interrupting other diners. It's energetic, we loved the belly dancer. The food was very good and the cocktails were delicious.Special Features:
- Great lamb chops!marilVIPDined on 2/26/2014In this attractive neighborhood restaurant we ordered the chef 's specials and had an excellent meal. The lamb chops were particularly outstanding.Special Features:
- Great food, great locationRob1764VIPDined on 2/25/2014Located on Hope St in Providence, near Blackstone Blvd, this restaurant offers many great specials....like 50% off entrees on Tuesdays. Great food, great value.Special Features:
- didn't know what to expectpnice47Dined on 2/14/2014I wasn't sure if I'd like the cuisine but I ended up loving everything. The kabobs were excellent and the drinks were very good also, would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love IndiaIndiafanDined on 2/14/2014The food is very consistently excellent, the waitstaff are attentive and professional, and the atmosphere is really nice. There was a gas fireplace by our table. Always cozy. Weekend belly dancing is cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this restaurant. ItreneeDined on 2/14/2014We love this restaurant. It has delicious food thati beaufully presented. Staff is welcoming and attentive. It has a lot of atmosphere and charm. It is in my neighborhood bt aay feels like a special place. We loved the special crab and shrimp korma and chicken saag. The indian breads are a perfect compliment. Wonderful restaurant to celebrate Valentines day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentjessmess9VIPDined on 2/11/2014From the greeting and seating to app through dessert, consistency is a given. The food is excellent (especially the kale salad) and the signature cocktails pair with the food very well. I always recommend India and visit twice per month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still the onemutzDined on 2/11/2014I have tried other restaurants but i always come back to India. The food is always fresh and tasty. Most of the dishes are healthy . And the atmosphere is awesome, this restaurant is beautiful. The servers are friendly and attentive. They also have a good drink menu with lots of variety.I would suggest this restaurant for special occasions or if you just want a different dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014This was my first time and I enjoyed it. The atmosphere was nice, the food was good and I got my first henna tattoo.Special Features: