India Palace Bar and Tandoor
19743 Frederick Road
Fox Chapel Center
Germantown, MD 20876Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
India Palace Bar and Tandoor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.indiapalacegermantown.com/
- Phone: 3015403000
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from India Palace Bar and Tandoor
Welcome to India Palace Bar & Tandoor in Germantown, serving the finest Indian cuisine to food enthusiasts of DC metro area since 2001. We prepare delicious Indian cuisine using the freshest and finest ingredients and spices. Our popular Lunch buffet features wide variety of Indian fares from north Indian tandoori specialties to Goan vindaloos and Indo-Chinese chili fish… also drinks included – Mango Lassi, Masala Chai, everyday! Dinner is served from an A La Carte menu with wide vegetarian and non-vegetarian options in a dim candle light setting. The hospitable staffs welcome everyone to enjoy good Indian food and have a good dining experience. The modern dining room creates a nice ambiance with beautiful decors and light Hindi music playing on the background for romantic dinner and family gatherings. The beautiful bar with a flat TV screen has its own lively vibe. Bring your friends and families for your next dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
India Palace Bar and Tandoor reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Indian at it's best!BirthdayDined on 8/5/2014Indian food that is fabulous! The lunch time buffet is our favorite but we also like the dinners. The vegetarian Thali and the non-vegetarian Thali are wonderful taster dinners with a variety of dishes all included. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food!JJSReviewsDined on 5/31/2014Six of us and one infant dined at the India Palace early one Saturday evening. Everybody loved their entrees and the appetizers were good, too! The service was a bit strange, as the waiter did not seem to understand some of our requests. However, it was not too much of an inconvenience to switch around our dishes when he misplaced them at the table. We would return.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the India Palace Bar and Tandoor reviews archive.
- One of my favoritesRach24Dined on 3/27/2014India Palace is my go-to restaurant for nearby Indian food. The lunch buffet is an incredibly good deal--mango lassi drinks are included with the buffet price, and the food is delicious. I go here often enough that a lot of the employees recognize me, and they're all very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKristinDined on 2/14/2014We went on Valentine's Day, which was a mistake in itself, but we had expected that the restaurant staffed accordingly for such a busy night. They were not at all! We had made a reservation and were sat right away with no menu. We had to ask for water and menus since no one approached us after 15 mins. As we looked around the restaurant, it seemed like only 3 servers were scheduled and every table around us was awkwardly waiting for something- a check, a box, to order. One server did come by to ask if I needed a napkin, but that was it, he didn’t greet us or take our order, was just doing a napkin check. We had heard great reviews about the food so we were very disappointed. After 30 mins of waiting to be greeted, we left.
- Pleasantly surpriseddiner66Dined on 1/25/2014Very pleasant and attentive hostess and waitstaff. Tried vegetarian mix appetizer. Was large portion even though two of us split it and very tasty (Samosa, potato cake, veg bhaji). Pappadums arrived early and were a courtesy rather than being charged for as other local Indian restaurants. Kingfishers were well-poured without a head and ice-cold. Had okra and chicken methi. Okra- delicious and spicy - was different but nice. Was dry fryed with typical fresh tomato/spice topping and not soggy in a sauce as is typically done. Chicken Methi was slightly tough but nicely presented. Overall we quite enjoyed our meal. Went on a Saturday night and the customers dining were mostly Indian (indicator of good food). Was our first visit and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Indian Food AroundRoloTomassiVIPDined on 12/24/2013I was introduced to Indian food three years ago and since have tried several Indian restaurants. India Palace is the best by far. Each time my wife and I go, we try to order a new dish and we have never been disappointed. Whenever we have a dinner date with friends, we always suggest going to India Palace. Many of my friends now choose India Palace as their go to Indian restaurant. In addition to excellent food, the restaurant is cozy and the staff is friendly. India Palace is our favorite restaurant, period.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heard how great the buffet is!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/26/2013Unfortunately for the six of us who showed up at 7pm Saturday night for dinner... Served dinner after nine! By that time had had it! Simply in attentive service and no communication ruined what should have been a nice evening.