India Clay Oven Restaurant & Bar
2417 First Street
Livermore, CA 94550Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
India Clay Oven Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://clayovenlivermore.com/
- Phone: 9254434100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from India Clay Oven Restaurant & Bar
We are open every day from 10am with Livermore's newest & tastiest Indian Lunch Buffet (11am till 2pm) and serving from our Dinner Menu till 11pm. We invite you to join us in our wonderful dining room or order ahead for take out to your home or business. We offer full catering services and complete banquet facilities for simple gatherings to elegant affairs. Also consider us for birthday parties, wedding receptions and corporate events. Come in and relax at our bar with comfortable lounging area. We offer a nice selection of beers on tap and a full selection of liquor, cocktails and wine. Enjoy the game on our plasma television while snacking on our unique selection of appetizers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
India Clay Oven Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Jewel of Livermoredine4funDined on 8/14/2014A group of us met at the restaurant for dinner; two out of five had been here before and recommended their favorites. The servers were happy to answer questions about ingredients and we shared four dishes to complete our meal. Everything was tasty, flavorful and medium spice was just that medium! I look forward to having one or two lamb dishes on my next visit. Colorful decor and lighting great for an intimate dinner or festive occasion.Special Features:
- DeliciouselizpeaceDined on 8/2/2014Food was fantastic and the service was wonderful. We were the first people seated, but regardless, our server was that perfect balance of being around often enough, but not hovering. The food was amazing, and when they say hot, they mean it ;) I enjoyed every bite though. Definitely will go back and take my kids!
- The following 13 reviews are from the India Clay Oven Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Great food and serviceSJLovesRealFoodDined on 5/24/2014Came to have an early dinner with a friend. I live in San Jose so I have had plenty of Indian food, but this place ranks on the top of the list. Food was great and the service was on point. Definitely will go back if I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place for families and lunchnabutDined on 5/11/2014We have had one major event here, and a few lunches for special family occasions. The food here is very consistent. The buffet is always fresh. I have no complaints. The manager is really nice, and I've always enjoyed our lunches here.Special Features:
- FantasticBarbDined on 5/3/2014Food -- delicious, the meal for two with the standard fare. Table by the window: bright and cheery. We could watch all the people from the festival wandering around the blocked off street. When it got windy, some just moved on inside. All the folks that served us were happy, caring, friendly people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceEater1213VIPDined on 3/22/2014My wife and I went to Clay Oven to celebrate her birthday and we had a wonderful experience. The food was amazing and the service was even better! We tasted a variety of dishes and had great local Livermore wine. The ingredients were high-quality and the food was fresh and tasty. We really hope that people in the area take a chance, step out of their comfort zone, and check out this neighborhood gem. The owners were very friendly and accommodating, and were willing to provide a lot of suggestions while helping us understand the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First great experienceFoodieDined on 3/14/2014My fiance and I had a reservation. We were a few minutes late and they sat us right away. We had a table near the windows. There was a large group inside therefore it was a little loud as the volume carried throughout. The waitress/owner came to take our order. Being that it is our first time there, we asked for recommendations. She asked us a few questions such as "do we have any allergies, what meats do you prefer, what is your spicy meter, etc. Then she asked "Do you trust me to order your dinner for you?" We said "absolutely!" She ordered masala, bbq fish, and something with lamb. Everything was delicious and had its own distinct flavor. It was a great first experience and we will be back for the excellent service and terrific food!Special Features:
- Nice Valentine's dinner spotTweetyDined on 2/14/2014We had a lovely dinner here. The place was festively decorated with red heart balloons and red flowers on the white tablecloths. Our reservations were rather early, but it seemed that other diners also found this a nice spot to start the evening. We ordered the dinner for two and enjoyed all of it. We plan to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to JudgePhillyPhoodieVIPDined on 2/4/2014Decent Indian food in heart of downtown Livermore. A lot of negative energy as the place was, literally, empty - which always makes a down experience. The food is typical Indian with an extensive menu. No surprises. Might be nice to sit outside on a warm summer evening.
- The food was absolutely delicious!AlisonjVIPDined on 1/25/2014The food was absolutely delicious! The restaurant was packed when we were sat and there seemed to be not enough service staff, so service was slow and somewhat inattentive through the first portion of our meal. However, when the restaurant began to clear out, the service greatly improved. Perhaps, they need to add a server on Saturday nights!Special Features:
- Lunch buffet with delicious chaiSandyVIPDined on 1/8/2014Great value lunch buffet with delicious chai tea in beautiful downtown livermore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience.paperswanDined on 1/4/2014A friend recommended this restaurant and I'm so glad we tried it. The service was great and the food was even better. If you like Indian food, do yourself a favor and check this place out. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSandraVIPDined on 12/15/2013Great food, great service, and very attentive to you. I would definitely come back. Lucky to have such a nice place in Livermore.Special Features:
- Loved the food!!! Esp. theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2013Loved the food!!! Esp. the chutney for the meat platter. The service was slow the night we were there but the friendly and affable waitress made up for it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining Buffet in DowntownSandyVIPDined on 9/10/2013Great value Indian Buffet, which includes a wide selection of entrees, plus naan, samosas, salad, dessert, and chai tea! Restaurant also has a fine dining atmosphere and wait staff are very polite and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.